• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 27 Comments

What Would Really Happen - Z-A-C



After a normal day of work. I got into a accident, and woke in a house of some kind in a weird colorful land. I just want to know if I can go home.

  • ...
22
 27
 2,533

Day Four: Disturbing Events

Pre-chapter author's notes: Hey guys. This one is mostly the same, except I did add some more to the end of what would have been chapter sixteen.

That's about it. Enjoy.

Day Four: Disturbing Events AKA Zane's Angry Day
"I don't believe and racism, It's wrong and divides us as a race. But it's there..."-Me


Not much else happened yesterday. I went straight to the library after the jackass, and cleaned up. I had a few small cuts from the glass, but nothing major. Fluttershy stayed the night and told Twilight what happened. Her reaction was...expected but, also unexpected. What I mean by that is, I expected her to get angry, which she did, but I didn't expect her to get saddened about it. She went up into her room. No idea why, but I get like that sometimes so I'll leave her alone. Fluttershy was making lunch and I didn't know where Aura went. Spike was out on errands, and I was sitting on the couch. Reflecting on what happened yesterday. I had never been a victim of racism before. It hurt, it really did. This situation pisses me off, confuses me, and makes me want to get revenge. And I'm not normally vindictive.

I briefly wondered who else may have felt like this. It didn't take me long. I called for Aura. She called back and poked her head out of the basement doorway. "Hey, can we talk for a bit?" I asked. She tilted her head, but walked over to me.

"What...do you want to...talk about?" She asked slowly. I couldn't blame her though. We don't usually talk.

"I was wondering how you were treated when you first got here."

Her ears flattened and she looked down at the floor. "Oh..." She sighed.

"I know. Our first real conversation and its about that." I scratched my growing beard. "Sorry." Damn I need to shave. "I guess I wanted to compare."

She looked back at me. "I wasn't....treated good..." She cleared her throat. "After the 'Invasion of Canterlot' I was launched and landed into the Everfree Forest. I wandered around for awhile and found this village. I knew it was a pony village but I needed help."

I furrowed my brows. "What happened?"

"I had a broken leg, a cracked horn, and a wounded wing. And when I got into town..."

"They made it worse?"

"...Yes." She said with a catch in her voice. "So much worse. They beat me, kicked dirt in my eyes, took advantage of my broken leg and cornered me and made it worse. Broke it in two more places and left me to starve in the alley they beat me in." Her voice was strange. It was calm yet filled with sadness. She was trying to mask what she was feeling. "Twilight found me. I was scared that she was like the other ones, but I saw the sadness and faint fury in her eyes, I knew she was different. Then she took me in."

"...And?"

"Things got better, but not by much... The ponies formed a mob, and surrounded the building. Twilight had to 'pull rank' to calm them down." She looked out the window. "What happened to you?" I heard the question but I was caught up in an internal conversation.

We need to plan something against these...creatures.

Let's not do anything yet. She did say something about an invasion.

it's still not right. It's too...human. That's something humans would do.

What do you suggest?

We plan something. But not go through with it just yet. We wait, and hopefully we won't need to do anything.

Okay.

"Zane?" Aura asked, snapping me back to reality.

Maybe I can get her in on it. "Uh...I didn't get it as bad as you did. I was yelled at, laughed at, and assaulted with a milkshake. I hope they know better, but if they don't..." I trailed off. "Anyway, we should plan a way to get back at them. I don't have details worked out but, if you're in, I'll let you know."

"Okay?" She seemed unsure, but that's okay.

Fluttershy poked her head out of the kitchen. "Lunch is ready."

"Thank you." I stood up and Aura went to get Twilight. Poor girl. She didn't need my bullshit earlier on...


After lunch, Twilight went back into her room, Fluttershy went home to take care of her animals, and Aura and I stayed sitting at the kitchen table. The way these ponies treated her is disgusting. It may be my bad mood, but they need to pay. I have a baseball bat with their names on it. I wont go through with anything but still, the feeling is there.

"Aura, how the hell aren't you more upset about this shit?"

"Well they just kind of...broke me..." She said in the same voice she had earlier.

"Fuck that! Come on we're going to show them something."

"W-what?"

"I said let's go knock some teeth in."

"I really don't think we should..."

I shook my head. "Probably not the best idea, no, but I.D.G.A.F. Come on." I left the kitchen and found the bat. "Waiting on you."

"B-but..."

"It'll be fine." She didn't say anything and followed me. As we walked, I was twirling my bat around and she was looking around nervously. I heard names like "Animal" and "Freak" being called but mostly ignored them.

"I-I think we should go back." Aura said with a shaky voice.

"Just wait. We shouldn't give up on this."

We were getting stares all through our way to the town hall. Some ponies even followed. I looked back every once in awhile to make them keep their distance. At this point Aura was almost hugging my leg. I told her to just fly onto my shoulders. She did, and she was heavier then I thought. This got some murmurs from the ponies following us. I couldn't help but smile.

We reached the town hall and climbed up onto the little stage they have for announcements and such. Aura still looked unsure, but we needed to go through with this.

"Are you sure about this?" She whispered.

"No." She was really nervous now. "I have no idea what I'm doing and I am as nervous as you are. In fact I would be shaking if not for the rage I have at the moment." She climbed off of my shoulders and I turn my attention to the small crowd. "Alright!"

"Hey look everypony! It's the animal and the thing!" One pony called out. "Why are you walking around with it!?"

"It's 'she'. And she has a name." I glared at the pony. "And why not?"

"It's only fitting!" Another pony called out. "The two misfits of Ponyville sticking together!"

"Well no one else will. And she's too scared to go out by herself. But, back onto why we're here! This is a changeling, as you all know, and her name is-!" I felt a tug on my pants and looked down. Aura was shaking her head. "Right, uh anyway! The main point is, she's under mine and Twilight's protection. You will not touch her."

"Oh no, we're so scared." A male pony scoffed. "What are you going to do? Pull rank like her?" A few ponies laughed at that.

"No actually! I've heard about the recent changeling invasion-"

"And you're still hanging around that thing!!??"

I took a deep breath and let that slide. "And if any of you harm her, I'll make that look like a kindergarten school play. I don't know how, but it will happen." I practically growled those words. "Do I make myself clear?"

"We aren't scared of you!" Bullshit.

"You know what? That's a good thing!" They all looked each other and then back to me. "That makes it easier! Sleep well tonight." I began to leave the stage. Until I thought of something. "Oh, and please note: I have no restrictions when it comes to age." That was an outright lie but it seemed to get the point across. "But that's only if you harm her. We'll all be happy and safe if you don't."

I walked away from the stage and stopped when I was in the middle of the crowd. Aura wasn't happy about it. I managed to calm down and sighed. "The real point here everyone is: Acceptance is key. Okay? I didn't mean to scare anyone but I had to get the point across, alright? Keep the peace and be kind to those that are different from you. It's not hard. And I'm sure the Princesses would be disappointed in your actions. But enough of this. Think about it for the rest of the day." I then walked away from them. I knew I wouldn't change all of their minds but I hoped a few would.

"Wow," Aura began. "Thanks for that."

I shook my head. "You don't have to thank me. I'm just so tired of that shit back in my world, I guess something just snapped." The nervousness started to catch up to me. "But right now, I need to go lay down or something before legs give out." She raised an eyebrow, but then saw my knees were shaking. I think she understands now.


~Later in the Day~
"I cannot stand these...things. They aren't human! They're scum! The lowest forms on the planet!"-Me.


Aura and I arrived back at the library about ten minutes ago. I immediately went over to the couch and laid down. And Aura went to her room. Twilight was reading a book in the main room when we got back. Now, she was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I opened an eye. "What?"

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern in her voice.

"Well..." I opened my other eye and sat up. "Yes and no."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, yes as in: I did the right thing. And no as in: I'm worried about what might happen, because of said right thing."

"What did you do now?" She asked in an exasperated voice.

"Don't you take that tone with me." I said in an annoyed voice.

She blinked a few times. "Sorry?" She shook her head. "What happened?"

"I went into town. With Aura..." I trailed off.

"And?"

"Told the townsfolk not to harm her again."

"Oh, is that all?" She said with a slight chuckle. "I did the same thing."

"Well...I may have used intimidation..." She sighed and lowed her head. "Now, it was more subconsciously than on-purpose but...I doubt they know that." I sighed. "Why am I an idiot?"

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Not let me out of the house? I don't know. But I will say this, though. I was planning on something a little more violent. But..." She said nothing and just stared at me. "The colors of all the ponies calmed me down..." I looked at the floor.

She almost snorted with laughter, but recovered fairly quickly. "You were calmed by the colors of their coats?" She shook her head again. "Like I said before: What am I going to do with you?"

I tried to think of another subject. "Umm...so... What were you doing in your room?"

She tilted her head a bit, but perked up after a couple seconds. "Oh, you mean earlier?" I nodded my head. "I was writing a letter to the princesses. But, I see the problem has been solved."

"Maybe not so much. I mean, at the end of it all, I used a nicer way of going about things, but, I'm not...sure it helped any..." I held my head in my hand. "Who knows though, right? Maybe the princess could help me."

She didn't look so sure, but I could be wrong. Her face was hard to read. Anyway, she had another question for me. "So, would you mind telling me why you did that?"

"I was angry." I shrugged. "I mean, you told me about how nice this place is," I felt some of the anger return. "Not just the town, mind you, but the whole country!" Yep I'm getting worked up again. "And here we are, being mistreated! And why!? Because we're different!" Down the rabbit hole. "I fucking hate that! How about this?! You're different from me, right?" Rhetorical or not, she nodded. "So, why don't I do everything they," I angerly pointed toward the window. "Did to Aura!?" You should stop. "To me, you are the animals! To me, you are the freaks!" Please stop. "Does that mean I should just, I don't know, beat you to within an inch of your life!?" Zane? "I mean what the FUCK!?

And you!" I pointed at the unicorn, who looked unsure as to what to do. "Ms. Sparkle lied to me!"

"W-what?!"

"Saying this was a peaceful land." I scoffed. "Bullshit. The amount of racism in this town is appalling. You should be ashamed of your kind! Disgusting!" I growled and grabbed the bat from its resting place. "Whats stopping me from going out their and doing what I originally planned?!"

"That would be us!" I heard from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Seconds afterwards, there was a ball of light form in front of me and dispersed just as quickly as it came. Standing there now, was a horse sized pony, just a little smaller than Celestia. Her mane was flowing in invisible wind, and looked like it had stars in it. Her coat was midnight blue, and her 'cutie mark' was a crescent moon surrounded by a black patch of fur. "Thou would by wise to calm thineself, Human!"

"Princess Luna!" Twilight exclaimed happily. "What brings you here?"

She looked at Twilight. "Hello again, Twilight Sparkle. We are here because of the letter you've sent. My sister is busy and sent me to check on it." She looked back to me. I wasn't bowing, and she was annoyed at that, but she seemed to understand. "Now, Zane the Human. I have seen the way you 'solved' this issue." I looked at the ground. "Oh, fret not, it was effective. And I thank you for not using your first plan. But, while I approve of the method, it is not how my country works...anymore." She almost seemed saddened by that. "This is your only warning. Don't let it happen again."

"U-understood." I said nervously. All of the anger from earlier was gone. Thank god.

"Good." She sighed. "Now, with that out of the way." She turned back to Twilight. "We-I will investigate the situation. I understand you are harboring a changeling?" Twilight nodded. "Okay, I shall start with her."

I furrowed my brow. "Why?"

Luna's perked up and she craned her neck to look at me. She was shocked at first, but then had the look of understanding. "Fear not, I will only question her."

"I-I mean no disrespect princess," I started nervously. "But, I'm coming with you."

She raised her eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"I...um...p-promised I would protect her. I don't plan on going back on that."

She smiled. "Very well. You shall join me."

"Thank you, your highness."

She rolled her eyes. "I appreciate the respect, but please, call me Princess Luna or just Luna. I am not my sister."

I just nodded.


We found Aura in the basement. I thought I heard rustling to the left of me, but I could be hearing things. "Hello, Changeling." Luna said. "Are you well?"

"Y-yes princess."

Luna smiled. "I am glad to hear that. Now, I have a few questions for you."

That seemed to make Aura really nervous. I walked up to her. "Don't worry I'm here. She wont hurt you, she promised."

"He speaks the truth." She cleared her throat. "I am here investigating an apparent racism issue. But, before we go on with it, I want to know if you are ready to recount those events."

Aura nodded. "I am."

"Good." Luna said. "That will make things go smoother." I nodded in agreement. "Alright. let's begin."

Aura answered the questions without issue. It probably helped that I was there as moral support. The only issue was when she was asked to recount everything those scum-ponies did to her. During the end of it, I swore I saw a brief green flash or flicker out of the corner of my eye. I shrugged it off though.

I imagine she'd be tearing up at this point, if she could. I don't think she'll ever get used to it. But, there was one more question. "And this was all unprovoked?" That question kinda pissed me off. Aura had a look of...shock that the question had even been asked.

I opened my mouth. "What!? Of course it wasn't!!" But the voice wasn't mine. I closed my mouth and looked over to where I thought the voice came from. "Such an idiotic question!" Out came a bigger changeling. This one was about as tall as Celestia. She had a mane as well. It was blueish-green in color, and was very long. Actually, It was probably the same length as the two princesses' manes. The only difference is that it's straight, not flowing in the unseen winds. She also had a more crooked horn and bigger wings than Aura.

"You!" Luna exclaimed. "What are you doing here?!"

"I was hiding. But it would seem that my cover is blown." She said in a weird tone. I was just looking at the two of them, not knowing who this new changeling is. "Hmm? I taste confusion and fear." She looked at me. "You there! Do you not know who I am?" I slowly shook my head and backed away. "No? I am Queen Chrysalis! Queen of the Changelings."

"Now that the pleasantries are through." Luna said. "What. Are. You. Doing here?!"

"Hiding! That is all I am doing. What else can I do?"

Luna glared at her. "What do you mean?"

She looked at her hoof idly. "News spreads fast in the Bad Lands. Those creatures now think of me as weak!" She yelled. "The nerve of those ingrates! But, I digress. I'm here in hiding. Not to invade." She looked at the ground. "There...isn't a reason to anymore." I don't know about Luna but I sensed sadness in her voice.

Luna raised an eyebrow. "Why not?" She asked in a kinder voice.

Her head shot up. "Why do you think?" Chrysalis said bitterly. "Do you not remember the outcome of the invasion?!"

"I wasn't there." Luna said. "I only know of you from what witnesses and Celestia told me."

"Oh yes, that's right. I don't remember seeing you there..." Chrysalis paused in thought. "Well, then why don't you inform your precious sister the fate of my subjects?" Luna didn't say anything. "All but a hundred perished." Luna looked shocked, and Chrysalis' face took on a sad expression. "A hundred of one thousand. Gone." She said coldly. I could definitely say I was shock as well. That's an effin' big loss.

"S-surely more survived." Luna said, her eyes still widened in disbelief.

Chrysalis nodded. "At first. But then I find my hive destroyed when I returned. Not a living changeling in sight. So I searched for more of my subjects." She looked at Luna. "I had found a hundred. Some were too injured and didn't survive long afterwards. The others, I caught news of being found by villagers and townsfolk."

I knew where this was going, but I had to ask. "W-what h-happened to them?"

She looked at me. "Some where chased out of town, some were hung or beaten to death. And in a couple cases two of the surviving females were..." She looked down at the ground. "...raped repeatedly and then murdered...."

Right then, for me at least, everything was going in slow motion. Chrysalis looked at me with a surprised look on her face. If I could only describe the rage I am feeling right now. It would melt your eyeballs. "Disgusting!" I growled. "That's even worse then most humans!" I looked at Luna. "What are you going to do about this?"

She was utterly shocked. She could barely speak. "T-the lie detector spell says she's speaking the truth..." She shook her head in disbelief. "I...cannot believe this..."

"You see now? Not only can I not attempt another invasion. I no longer want to." Chrysalis said harshly. "Land of Love and Acceptance' my bucking plot."

Luna turned around. "This investigation is complete." She said in an emotionless voice. "Celestia will be inform of these heinous acts, and justice will be dealt." Her horned started to glow.

"Before you leave." I said, and her horn's glow dimmed. "Tell me when you find these...creatures that call themselves ponies. I want to exterminate the filth." She nodded and in a flash of light, she was gone. "I'm going for a walk." I told anyone who was listening. "Tell Twilight not to find me. I don't want to see any ponies right now. " I turned around. "Fucking filth."

"Wow." I heard Chrysalis say. "The anger in him is...quite exotic." I ignored her and went upstairs. I went over to the bat and grabbed it.

"Whoa," Twilight started. "What hap-"

I stopped her by pointing the bat at her. "Not the time." Was all I said before I left. This was disturbing news indeed. It's all too...human, as I said before. I don't like it.

About half way to the park I heard a pony. "Hey look it's-" I turned my head slowly towards him. He shut up immediately. My sight filled with red as I began to walk toward him. He swallowed his words and took off.

Now is definitely not the time to fuck with me. From now on, I'll view them as humans instead of animals. That way it makes things easier.


A Few Hours Later
"Sometimes, it's not what you are. It's who you are. Keep that in mind."-Me


As I was walking around town. I was reminded that it would be one of my most hated holidays. Halloween. I have been informed that the racism situation was being handled. I doubt it, but I guess it would have to do. It was a quick response though. And that surprised me. It did still irritate me a bit, but what could I do? Go to, I don't know, Manehattan, by myself? Screw that. Because of that little bit of news, I took to sitting on the couch, or hanging out with Aura. But, as much as I feel sorry for Chrysalis, she kinda gives me a weird feeling. Also, I barely ate, and Twilight was growing concerned. She offered to make me breakfast and lunch. Both of which, I refused. I wanted little to do with the ponies, but in this case I was being a bit harsh. She didn't do anything. Hell, she took Aura in and took care of her! I had no right to be pissed at her for what what those things did.

As for right now, though. I'm laying down on the couch. Thinking about everything. Am I dead back home? If not, then how am I getting back home? How is everyone at home doing? How long have I been here in earth time? There were a few more thoughts but oh well. Back to what has been going on recently. Apparently there's a Halloween here. They call it Nightmare Night, but from what I hear, it's the same thing. The decorating is what reminded me that Halloween was coming up.

I heard Twilight walk out of the kitchen with a plate that had a sandwich on it. She sat down at the table in front of me. "I don't like Halloween." I said suddenly.

She blinked a few times. "I'm sorry?"

I don't like Halloween." I repeated. "I don't like it for more or less the same reason I don't like Thanksgiving. Anymore it's used as an excuse for over-advertising and for candy companies to make an extra thousand, or so, dollars from people. An excuse to eat copious amounts of candy. At least for children. For some adults it's an excuse to dress up like, well quite frankly, whores and get drunk and act like whores." I paused. It seems I forgot a holiday. "Don't get me started on Christmas."

"Okay, I wont. But more about this 'Halloween'. Surely you're exaggerating."

I sat up and looked at her. "Not really, in all honesty. Some people in my world use every excuse they can to 'party' and act like fuckwits." I shook my head. "But what really pisses me off about Halloween, is the sexualization of the costumes. I mean, I get lingerie," Her face got a red tint to it. "But why do some women feel the need to buy a 'Halloween version' of what they have in the fucking closet, and wear it out to show off!?"

"Zane?" She asked with concern.

"And what really sickens me is their doing it to kids costumes as well! Hey government! You want to know why child molestation happens?! STOP THE CLOTHING COMPANIES FROM MAKING THEM DRESS LIKE WHORES!!!" I finished with slamming a fist on my thigh. "The human race is so fucking stupid sometimes, I swear I have no idea how we're still alive..."

"Are you done?"

I smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of my head. "Yeah...sorry."

"All of the yelling aside. Is it really like that, though? Surly that's not the case all of the time?"

I shook my head and sighed. "Thankfully no. Not everyone is like that. I guess I was generalizing. But still, holidays, fuck 'em." I chuckled. "I don't even like my birthday."

Twilight acted shocked. "Really?"

"People spending money on me for shi-sorry, stuff I may or may not forget about in a week or two. Yeah not in big favor of that." I raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that."

"Oh, right, the twelfth. Sorry we didn't celebrate your birthday."

"Were you not listening?" I said in an annoyed tone. "I'm glad you didn't."

"Oh okay. I still feel bad about it."

I know what she is trying to do. "Don't." Was all I said. She looked at her plate and continued to eat her sandwich. I laid back down and closed my eyes. None of us said another word to each other.


I am still laying on the couch. The main difference is that I'm listening to music. Twilight, interested in learning about human music, was sitting next to me. I had Gotye's Somebody That I Used To Know playing through my iPod. Twilight seemed to be enjoying it. At least, I think she was. She had questions, sure, but they practically answered themselves.

The song ended and I asked her what she thought. She said she liked it and asked if she could see the iPod. I shrugged and handed it to her. After a couple seconds of going through the music library, she had a question for me. "What's 'Insane Clown Posse'?"

I quickly sat up and took the iPod from her magic. "D-don't play that. You won't like it. Find something else..."

"Okay?" She said as I handed it back to her. "How about this?" And she put Tomorrow Comes Today by the Gorillaz on.

"Yeah, that's fine. One of my favorite songs, actually. Good choice." I sat up and looked out of the window. "Hey, what do you think about going out for a bit? Normally I'm good chillin' here, but, I'm curious as to what is going on out there. And don't say 'decorating'. I will smack you."

She decided to take the chance. "Decorating." She said playfully. I slowly reached over to her, and reared back my hand. She looked like she was regretting her decision. I swung forward as fast as I could and she flinched. I stopped a few inches away from her face though. "Wha-?" And then I cut her off by lightly slapping her cheek.

The look on her face was priceless. "What?" I said. "You actually thought I was going to do it?"

She looked uncertain(I think). "Well...yes I-I did."

Wait what really? Wow. Ouch. "Have I really been that bad?"

"You...have been angry a lot lately. That rant earlier doesn't help your case either."

"Oh...I'll um...try to calm down then..." I stood up. "Sorry I didn't notice sooner." And then I walked to the front door and exited the library. I should've picked up on that. That's not who I am... Is it?


I went to the park despite the stares of the creatures I got on the way there. I sat down on a bench and closed my eyes. And would most likely stay like this, if undisturbed. I could hear the whispers of the ponies and feel their stares, I had better things to concentrate on though. I needed to re-evaluate how I've been acting. Possibly "re-invent" myself while here. All I know is I have to do something to "fix my shit".

After what had to be fifteen minutes, I heard hoovesteps stop in front of me. "I'm in no mood to talk right now. Please leave me alone."

"Now, is that anyway ta speak to a friend?" A country voice asked.

My eyes snapped opened. "Oh, hi Applejack. Sorry, didn't know it was you." I stretched. "So what are you doing here?"

"Ah was just walking my dog Winona, and saw you sitting there. Thought Ah'd be neighborly and say hi."

I looked at the dog. "Is she friendly?" I asked.

"Sure is! Aren't ya Winona?" The dog barked in response. I held my hand out and let her sniff it. Her tail stopped wagging for a moment back continued as she barked again. "See? She's not gonna bite ya." Applejack said, sounding proud of her dog. "You can pet her, if you want."

I pet her head and then scratched behind her ear. Her hind leg started going. I laughed and petted her head again. "Good dog." I looked back at Applejack. "What's been goin' on at the farm?"

"Oh ya know, same stuff as always. Workin' hard and such." She suddenly perked up. "Hey! You should come by sometime."

I shrugged. "Sure, as long as I wont be attacked."

She raised an eyebrow at that. "Now why would-" She stopped. "Oh...right. Ah wish they change their minds about you. T'aint right how they've been treatin' ya."

"It's not just me I'm worried about."

"That's right. I heard that changeling hasn't been treated much better."

"She has a name, you know?" I said with a raised eyebrow and an annoyed voice.

"Ah know that. Ah just never learned it." She said in an irritated tone.

There was a pause. Winona was looking at the both of us. "Aura." I broke the silence.

"What?"

"Her name. The...changeling's name, it's Aura."

She nodded. "Thank ya." I nodded. Things turned silent again. Applejack was searching for stuff to talk about. "It's a nice day isn't it?"

I looked around. "I guess. I mean, the temperature is fine and all. I just prefer cloudy days."

She shrugged. "Cloudy days can be nice too. Especially when you have to work outside a lot."

I nodded. "I hear ya there." I petted Winona again, and smiled. I thought of something. "Hey A.J.?"

"Yeah?"

"I do have to thank you for forgiving me for attacking you."

"Aw think nothin' of it, partner. Ah shouldn't have acted as rash as Ah did."

"Still, thank you."

"Water under the bridge." She patted her dog on the head. "Ah gotta get back. You coming along?"

"Not today. I have a lot to think about."

"Okay partner. Be seein' ya later!" She said as she turned and walked away. I just waved and laid back down on the bench.


A few minutes and maybe a small nap went by. I sat up rubbed my eyes. "What am I going to do?"

"Gettin' outta town would be a good idea." I jumped, and the pony chuckled. "Would say I didn't mean to scare you, but, I kinda did." He was a pegasus pony. And his friends were just behind him. "Name's Xavier, not that you need to know. 'Cause, you know, we're not gonna be friends or nothin'." I scooted further back into the bench. "Me and the rest of the town have been thinking of how to get rid of you. But we'd figure we'd just ask."

"But I-I don't anywhere else to go."

He and his friends shrugged. "Not our problem." He said dismissively. "We'd be happy if you just left. Now, the changeling..."

I didn't like the way he said that. I tried to think of something. "How about she come with me? T-that way she's out of your hair too."

He looked at his friends. They nodded and he shrugged. "That's a better idea then what we had. That way would be more peaceful, for sure."

"O-okay. Um...just let me go and uh...get a few of my things." I said shakily standing up.

He looked up at me. "You know, you were more cooperative then I thought." I didn't say anything. "Makes me kinda wonder why they want ya out so bad."

Because I'm different?

Kill them! You can take them! Let me take over!

Just go along with it. Think of something at Twilight's.

"Oh well." The pony said. "I'm just doing my job. Come along now. We'll take you to Golden Oaks." They turned around and began walking. I followed them without question. Though I was trying to plan something.


Those fuckers paraded me throughout the whole town. Like they're hot shit and a bag of chips. Oh the rage I'm feeling right now. Soon, they may feel the price of humiliating me like that! But first, plan A. No need to act rashly. We finally arrived at the library. I opened the door, and the tried to follow me. "No. Just me."

"And why's that?"

"I can explain everything to her. You don't want her to attack do you?"

They seemed to think. "Suppose not." The one on the left said. "Though it would suit me just fine."

I turned and looked at him. "Really?" He nodded. "Because she knows a damn powerful paralysis spell."

"Nah, you're bluffing."

I shook me head. "Nope, almost killed me." I turned back around. "Wait here." I entered and almost slammed the door.

Twilight came running down the stairs. "You okay?"

"Sound proofing spell. Now." I whispered. She cast it and nodded, confirming it was in place. "I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS SHIT!!!" I roared.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What happened?!" Twilight yelled. Aura ran up from the basement.

"I was 'captured' while I was at the park." Twilight had a confused look on her face. Aura looked worried. "I cut a deal with them, though. If I take aura here to the outskirts of town, they would let us go peacefully. Instead of killing her, or whatever they were planning on."

"WHAT?!" They both yelled.

"I know! I can't believe this shit. They will pay. I promise. And I swear, Twilight if you say anything, you're on the list." I looked over at Aura. "Gather a few things, we leave in a few minutes."

"You can't!" Twilight yelled. "I'll explain everything and-"

"No offence Twi, but that wont work. You even pulled rank and that didn't work. Anyway, Aura tell the queen Plan A is on stand by." Twilight looked at me weird, and Aura nodded, running back downstairs. "Make sure you're connection is working!" I called after her, and looked back at Twilight. "You better think of something! I don't want Plan A to have to happen. You understand? Just never mention Plan A, got it?" I didn't wait for a response.

I grabbed a blanket, my change of clothes, my iPod, and a couple of pillows. "I'm set. Aura?! You ready?!" She walked up with her things and nodded. I turned towards the door.

"Hold on." I heard Twilight say. "You said 'Queen'. What did you mean."

I gave an exasperated sigh. "He meant me." I turned around to see Chrysalis right behind Twilight. Who was frozen.

"W-w-what are you d-doing here?" She said without turning around.

"Hiding. But now, Be safe Aura. The element of magic and I will think of something." Aura nodded.

Twilight was growing pale. "Hey, hey! Breath Twi!" I said, concerned. "It's fine, Luna knows she's here. BREATH!" Then she passed out. I shook my head and turned around. "You'll be fine. As well as us. Be nice to Twilight, Chrysalis."

"Of course." She said. "We are no longer enemies."

"Good, Plan A is still on stand by. Don't do anything yet."

"You needn't worry, human."

"Very well, changeling." I reach for the door knob and opened it. I signaled that we were ready to go. The ponies nodded, and began walking. Aura had a worried look on her face. I reached down and patted her head.

These fuckers, though. Augh! Dammit!