• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 2,533 Views, 27 Comments

What Would Really Happen - Z-A-C



After a normal day of work. I got into a accident, and woke in a house of some kind in a weird colorful land. I just want to know if I can go home.

  • ...
22
 27
 2,533

Bonus: The Two Kind Souls

The Two Kind Souls


Day One

Zac and Fluttershy were walking to her cottage. Zac was looking around, just taking in the surroundings. He could tell how nervous Fluttershy was by... Well it wasn't hard to tell.

Every once in a while Fluttershy would chance to take a quick glance at Zac. He would look down at her to smiled, but she always turned away and hide behind her mane.

"So," Zac said. "I hear you have cats." Fluttershy nodded her head. "Cats are my favorite animal you know?"

"They are?" Said Fluttershy, still hiding behind her mane.

"Yes." Zac said with a smile. "I think I get that from Zane." Fluttershy didn't respond. "Do you have a favorite animal?" He said, still smiling.

"No," she said, coming out from behind her mane a little bit. "I like all of my animal friends."

"I see." He said, holding his chin. "Can you tell me about them? If you don't mind."

Fluttershy shook her head. "I don't mind at all." She said kindly. She held her head up and seemed to think. "But I think it might be easier to show you, if that's okay."

Zac nodded. "That is perfectly fine." The conversation stopped there. Realizing this, Zac looked around at the town. It was cartoony, that much was certain, but he was glad that he had this world to experience. He did a full three-sixty turn, similar to what a twirl is, and took a deep breath. "Yes," He said with a smile. "This world is much better."

Fluttershy wasn't sure what to make of him. Zane was nice, she didn't doubt that. But he was prone to, if she was honest, mild psychotic episodes. She knew he would never hurt anypony, he's not like that. But, those episodes made her kinda scared of him. 'Maybe not scared.' She thought. 'Maybe intimidating would be a better word.'

Fluttershy looked at Zac. The smile seemingly would never leave his face. She wondered why he was so happy, but was glad all the same. At least he wasn't scary like Zeke was. She didn't know what she would do if she was paired with him. She practically refused to think about Freak. She shuddered at the thought of him.

Zac noticed. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh! Yes, I'm fine. I was just um..." She trailed off. Zac didn't seem to mind, though. He merely nodded and continued to take in his surroundings.


Zac saw a cottage resting on a hill. 'Must be Fluttershy's house.' He thought. It was interesting to him, and he wondered if the roof was made of moss or if it was just grass that somehow is able to stay green. It looked like a cozy place to him. He also took note of the many bird houses on the outside of the cottage. And the many birds that were flying in and out of them.

Then he looked to the left and saw the Everfree. That was the only time he frowned today. He could feel something off about that forest. Not unlike the woods back at Zane's grandparent's property. But much more...wrong. It wasn't evil, by any means, just... It's difficult to discern. He decided to put it out of him head for the moment, but his smile had a hard time returning.

Fluttershy noticed. "Is something wrong?" She asked with concern.

Zac shook his head. "Nothing to important." He said.

Fluttershy nodded. "We're here." She said gesturing toward her home.

"It seems nice. You must take care of many more animals then I had originally thought."

Fluttershy gave a slight smile. She lead him to the door and opened it. And a bear was on the other side. Zac took cautionary step back while Fluttershy strolled in. Noticing her guest was no longer following her, she turned around. She saw the bear standing in the doorway and trotted over. She patted the bear on the head and told it that it was okay to let Zac in. The bear nodded and stepped to the side. Zac cautiously took a few steps further. Seeing that the bear didn't make any acts of hostility, he stepped inside. The bear looked him over and shrugged, and then opened the door and went outside.

"I hope he didn't frighten you." Fluttershy said in an apologetic tone.

"Only a little. I'll be fine, thank you for your concern." He said with a smile. He then asked if there was anything he could help with. Fluttershy said there wasn't, so Zac focused on getting settled in.


Day Two

Zac awoke to find a cat laying on his chest. The cat was white with a blue bow on it's head. Zac smiled and gently pet the cat, making it purr in it's sleep. He looked out of a nearby window and saw it was still dark out. 'Couldn't hurt to sleep awhile longer, could it?' He thought. He closed his eyes and laid there, still gently petting the cat. The he felt the cat wake up. It walk up to his head, and licked his cheek a couple of times. Then it jumped off of him and went somewhere else. Zac simply smiled and dozed off.

When he woke up again, the lovely scent of pancakes and hash browns was filling the air. He smiled, seeing that the cat had returned at some point during the night. He sat up, cradling the cat in his arms, and moved to stand. The cat woke up and jumped into to the couch. It looked at Zac with tired eyes and laid down. Zac crouched next to the cat and petted it. "I was trying not to wake you." He said apologetically. The cat mewed in response and curled up on the cushion. Zac stood up and went into the kitchen.

"Oh, you're awake." Fluttershy said, turning away from the skillet.

"I am indeed," Zac smiled. "Good morning."

"Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?"

"I did, thanks for asking." He looked around the kitchen. "Is there anything I can help with?"

Fluttershy smile at the offer. "No, it's almost ready. You can sit at the table, if you want."

Zac nodded and made his way over to the table. He sat down on one of the chairs, careful to not sit on any of Fluttershy's animals. He patiently waited for Fluttershy to serve breakfast, when he heard a crash come from the kitchen. He quickly stood up and rushed over. He found a few broken plates full of food on the floor.

"Oh my..."

Zac looked at her with concern. "Are you okay, Fluttershy?"

"Yes. I-I think so..."

"I'll clean it up, okay?"

"Oh, but you don't have to do that!"

"No Fluttershy, I insist. Could you make sure the animals don't step on any glass?" She nodded. "I'll have this cleaned up in no time, don't you worry."


Zac had the mess cleaned up in five minutes. And, in an effort to salvage breakfast, suggested that they go to the cafe. Fluttershy wasn't sure at first, but Zac told her that it would save the stress of cooking again. After that, she gladly accepted.

After feeding the animals their breakfast, which Zac offered to and fed half of them, they left the house. Fluttershy told Zac that he didn't half to help her out, but was grateful he did.

"It's no trouble. I'm just trying to be a good guest."

"I appreciate it, I really do."

"Don't worry about it." Zac kindly waved her off. "Do you think you will be able to get more plates while we're out?"

Fluttershy hummed in thought. "I think I'm fine. I have more plates in the cupboard, thank you for your concern."

Zac smiled in response, and the walked mostly in silence on the way to the cafe.


The waiter had come for there order. Zac ordered hash browns and pancakes. And Fluttershy ordered the same. They sat in silence while waiting for their order. Zac looked out in the direction of the marketplace. He wasn't sure, but he thought he could see a orange pony with a cowboy hat, manning a stall. He didn't know why, but he was surprised that even ponies lead similar lives to humans. 'Maybe Zane is right,' he thought. 'They are kind of like humans..." He looked around and saw Zane walking toward them, with Luna by his side. Zac waved them over and Zane noticed. He seemed to speak to Luna and then continued to walk towards them, though at a quicker pace.

When the two walked up, Zac was the first to greet them. "Hello, I didn't think you would be up so early. What's the occasion?"

Zane grumbled a bit and rolled his eyes. "Twilight thought that it would be a good idea to have run her errands today. Why she sent me out so early in the fuckin' morning is beyond me."

Zac nodded sagely. "You had to close last night, didn't you?"

"Is it that obvious?" Zac nodded. "I was kept late too, which is part of my mood. Something went wrong with the register, then they needed me to lift a heavy box, because the unicorns and earth ponies already left. So, since I was the closest thing to an earth pony, my manager had me do the lifting! That damned thing had to be a hundred fucking pounds!"

Zac hummed in thought. "And what of you princess? I thought you were in control of the night?"

Luna nodded. "I am. I decided to join him on his errands, to cheer him up. It appears not to have worked though."

Zane turned to her. "You should have just stayed there, and got some sleep..."

"And I told you that I would be fine. This isn't the first time I have been out during the day."

Zane didn't give her a response, he just turned toward Zac and Fluttershy. "So, why are you two here?"

"Breakfast." Said Zac, slightly frowning at Zane's attitude.

"Care if we join you?"

"Well um..." Fluttershy started. "I-I'm not sure I have enough money for all of us..."

Zane furrowed his brows. "No, no we already ate. I meant is it okay if we sit down."

"Oh! That's fine with me."

"I have no problem with it either, please join us." Zane found two more chairs, and placed them at the table, holding one out for Luna before taking his own. Shortly after that, the waiter showed up with the food.

She looked at the other two, and bowed when she saw Luna. "You may rise, we have just sat down to talk."

"O-o-okay, your highness." And she quickly ran back inside. Zac looked at Luna.

"Do they always act so scared of you?"

"Almost all of the time. They are the same around my sister as well, though they seem more accepted of her..."

"Fuck 'em." Zane said bluntly. "If they're still hung up on 'Nightmare Moon', then fuck 'em. They aren't worth the time."

Zac cleared his throat. "While I would have put it In a different way, I agree. They are scared of what they don't understand."

"Just like some humans." Zane said bitterly. "Some are cool though, but most..." He just shook his head.

Zac shook his head as well, but in a more disappointed manner. "I have a feeling you are wrong, but let us save more...heated discussions for a later time."

Zane sighed. "I suppose that's a good idea." Zane looked at his watch. "Well, I better get these errands over with. Luna, if you want, you can stay here."

"I will continue to accompany you."

"One more thing." Zac said.

"Yeah?"

"What time do you work?"

"Oh... I close again, so hopefully I can get a nap in before work."

Zac nodded. "I hope so too. See you later."

"Yeah, see ya." And Zane and Luna left. As they were leaving, Zac caught a bit of a conversation and chuckled.

"Oh, I really hope his memory gets better."

"Whose?"

"Zane's. He has short term memory loss. It's getting better, but sometimes it's not so good. He was an accident prone child, you see."

"Really? He seems so careful."

"He is, but that's because of all of the accidents he had."

"What kind of accidents? If you don't mind me asking?"

Zac held his chin in thought. "Well, to name a few: He got a foot caught in a fence and struggle to get his foot out, possibly breaking it in the process."

"Oh my." Fluttershy said with concern.

"Then he had a boulder crush his foot. Didn't break it somehow, but tore off a few toenails." Fluttershy held a hoof to her mouth. "But the biggest that either of us remember is, he got hit in the head with a baseball bat. Threw him back five feet right into a tree. He had to go to the hospital."

"Oh my goodness!"

"It was quite the ordeal, as you can imagine."

Fluttershy was speechless. She wondered what other things happened to her human friend, but kept those thoughts to herself. She would just ask Zane if she really wanted to know.


Day Three

"Hmm... Well I better leave."

"What?"

"There is a complication. I believe you may be needed as well. Care to join me?"

They walked over to the library. Twilight opened the door. "Oh good. Fluttershy, you're here. I was just on my way to get the girls."

"I can help you."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

"No trouble at all." And they left.

Zac walked in, and looked at the other two. "So what's wrong?"

"I'll miss another day of work. At this rate I'll get fired..."

"No, I meant the more urgent matter."

Zeke spoke up. "Freak seems to have gone off. I'm proud of him, but we need stop him before he does anything."

"We'll talk about more when everyone's here. A proper briefing would be a good idea." The others agreed, and they waited. Zane took glimpses toward at Canterlot everyone in awhile. 'At least it's not on fire' He thought. He sat down and continued to wait.

Author's Note:

I haven't had a chance to edit, so there may be some mistakes. Sorry, I'll get to it when I'm able. And yes, those accidents really to happen to me. And the sucked!!