• Published 26th Feb 2012
  • 1,051 Views, 18 Comments

Even Harmony has an Opposite - Optimistic Pessimist



The Elements of Harmony are unparalleled. Or are they?

  • ...
 18
 1,051

The other side of Pinkie Pie

The other side of Pinkie Pie

The next day was spent preparing for the party. Spike used his messenger flame to send invitation to other messenger dragons all over Equestria. Twilight went around town, overhearing many conversations while the resident ponies worked.

“Triple P is finally coming here! I’m so excited!”

“I heard she was here all along.”

“Maybe she needs a cool down?”

“Pish posh, I’ve been to one of her parties. That kind of pony does not ‘cool down’”

Twilight was surprised at all the feedback Pinkie Pie was receiving. She saw Princess Celestia over at the bakery. She rushed over to see a factory production of treats and goodies. And Pinkie was there, sampling each of them. “Pinkie! Those are for the guest!” Princess Celestia waved her over. “Pinkie Pie is quite the baker. I’ve never tasted such a perfect sweetness.” Celestia ate another cookie and wiped her mouth. “I’ve heard of the legendary Triple P, but I never imagined her to be Pinkie Pie. Maybe now I can see just how brilliantly planned these parties of hers are.”


Twilight headed back to her library. She found Spike sleeping in his little bed. Twilight smiled. Sending so many letters must be quite difficult, especially on such a young dragon. Then Twilight thought about her friendship reports. She took a scroll of paper, some ink and a quill. Dipping the quill into the ink well, she began writing.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Although things come and go in life, many things stay with you, and may end up causing problems for you in the present. Jester and I go a ways back, and even though we were on good terms, I said a few things I regretted later on. This mess could have been avoided If only I had watched my mouth. If anything stays with you, nothing stays longer than a bad statement.

Twilight paused. She could hear a distant voice. She set down her quill and went up the stairs. She could hear it more clearly now. She walked out to the balcony to find Jester sitting down. His eyes were closed, and he was singing quietly to himself.

Twilight just stood there and listened. He wasn’t the best of singers, but he was still quite skilled. Although there was no music, he could keep the beat of the song fairly well. Twilight heard songs from many famous singers, including Sapphire Shores.

“I thought you said you were out of the loop?” Twilight smiled as Jester turned back in surprise. “Oh, hello Twilight. I didn’t notice you.” Twilight smiled again. “When did you get up here?” Jester stood up. “This is the public library right? I just figured I could walk in.” Twilight shook her head. “Not really. You see, I LIVE here.” Jester looked behind Twilight. “That would explain the bed and the kitchen.”

Pinkie Pie floated up behind them on a small collection of balloons. “Hey guys! the parties almost ready!” Jester turned to Pinkie, then to the sky behind her. “Just in time too. You’re still famous.” and he pointed behind her. There was a large cluster of pegasi flying in from everywhere.

Pinkie Pie grinned. “Time to get my get-up on!” and she floated down. Jester and Twilight followed her back to her apartment a floor up from the bakery. Pinkie Pie opened up a closet and walked in. Various clothing flew out of the closet, landing in a heap at Twilights’ hooves. “Here they are!” There was a small rustling sound followed by some clinking. Then Pinkie Pie stepped out.

Rarity should have seen her. Pinkie Pie had a brilliant golden suit on. It glittered with interwoven silver strands. She was wearing a golden fedora of the same fashion. She had on a pair of shades with a bright yellow lenses. On her front hooves she wore glittering gold dress shoes. “All right. I’m READY! Could you get that big pink and gold box back there? Thanks!” And with that, Pinkie Pie trotted off. Twilight looked into the closet and looked at the large object. She sighed, and carried it with her magic. Jester looked at the box. It was literally twice as big as Twilight. He followed her to town square.

“HELLO everyone!” Pinkie Pie waved to a cheering crowd. “I MISSED YOU TOO! SHOW ME WHO’S READY TO PAAARRR-TAY!” The crowd roared and waved. Twilight came in with the big box and gaped at the crowd. The presence of ponies there could have occupied Ponyville three times over. “Oh hey, Twilight. Everyone SAY HI TO MY GIRL TWILIGHT!” The crowd roared in greeting. Twilight was blushing. “Twilight would you mind setting the box right over here?” Pinkie Pie bucked the podium away and indicated where it was. Twilight set it down, and made a big thump.

“Pinkie Pie, you rang me?” DJ-Pon3 walked up to the stage. “Oh hey DJ, you made it just in time!” and with that, bucked the box on its side. It folded out, revealing all sorts of speakers and wires. Once it settled down, Pinkie Pie walked over to her new turntable. “Hey DJ, wanna spin?” The DJ took off her shades and rubbed her bright red eyes. “Ho MAN Triple P, It’s been too long. How did I not know?” she smiled a cool smile. Pinkie Pie giggled, “Don’t worry DJ. Not a lot of ponies knew about me either.” She turned to the crowd. “LET’S SAY WE GET SOME MUSIC GOING! SHALL WE?” The crowd roared again in approval. “A’ight Triple P, lets make some magic.” a pair of discs appeared before the DJ. She put them onto the turntable. She adjusted her shades, and turned a few knobs. “LET’S GO!” And the music blared out from the speakers, literally blowing the crowd back.