• Published 13th Oct 2011
  • 3,537 Views, 147 Comments

A Distant Star - Dr Atom Discharge



A Romance Between my OC: Dr Atom Discharge and Twilight

  • ...
3
 147
 3,537

Chapter Three: Doctor Doctor

A Distant Star
Chapter Three: Doctor Doctor

Last Chapter:Her eyes widened as she realized it was morning, "Oh Celestia! I Completely lost track of time!" She cried out, stopping him mid-sentence. He sighed lightly as she jumped up and ran for the door.
"WAIT! You can't leave yet!" He shouted to her, just as she reached the door.
"What do you mean? I have to get back to Spike!" She said worriedly as she went to open the door. But the door handle wouldn't turn. Atom grinned
"I told you that you couldn't leave yet." Twilight's original fear rose up, and Dr Atom stared at her with his piercing gaze. She was trapped!

Dr Atom slowly approached Twilight across the room. She watched terrified, her body frozen. She was backed into a corner with nowhere to go. Suddenly the machine by the door fired off another column of fire, surprising her into action. She jumped for the door, trying everything to unlock it. Every spell that could help, and even shear force, but she froze still when she noticed that Dr Atom's shadow had been looming over her for some time. She slowly turned around shaking, he was looking down at her, the light glinting off his glasses, giving him a sinister air. He slowly leaned down and whispered in her ear.
"Are you done yet?" He asked in a cold flat tone. His horn began to glow and she scrunched her eyes shut, expecting something horrific to happen to her. Perhaps some kind of dark, torturous magic, or perhaps something even worse...

Twilight heard a mechanical sound to her left and opened her eyes to see a lever surrounded by the dark aura of Dr Atom's magic. Suddenly the floor shuddered and began to move. Dr Atom chuckled in Twilights ear, and she looked back at him confused.
"Hahaha, the door needs to be lined up with the exit after you rotated the room." He said with a little laugh, and then frowned. "Twilight, you are shaking like a leaf, I think you need to get home and rest. I'll walk you home. Even on the edge, the Everfree forest is not a safe place." He said almost protectively of her.

Twilight rolled her eyes a little thinking Atom had just missed the point again, but then realized how tired she really was. With a proper amount of sleep she should have noticed the door was still out of place, and she wouldn't have jumped to conclusions. Just thinking about it made her yawn loudly, and she half expected Atom to respond in the same way, but he didn't. In fact, there was no sign at all to suggest he was even tired a little. She suddenly realized she had been lost in thought for at least a few minutes, and that Atom had been waiting patiently for her to finish her train of thought and respond. She mustered up the best smile she could manage. "Y-yeah, I would like that. I should probably head home now, Spike is probably worried sick." She said this as she headed towards the door with Atom following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~About Half An Hour Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walked out of the edge of the forest and into the outskirts of Ponyville. They walked slowly given that Twilight was so tired she could barely stay on her hooves. They had talked a little on the way, but now Twilight was simply too exhausted too keep up any kind of conversation. It was now starting to get properly light, and there were even a few Ponies about running their early morning errands, most still looking a little groggy. Though Twilight barely noticed, her mind was now a blur of exhaustion, only able to keep going due to the rhythmic movements of her legs and the familiar route she was now on. Dr Atom didn't seem to tired at all, and walked by her silently, but carefully, keeping an eye on her and making sure she didn't topple when she lurched too far to one side. That and making sure didn't walk into anything. Finally they made it to her front door. Her horn glowed weakly and the door swung inwards. Twilight was about to walk in when she suddenly felt a gush of air and looked up.

Her tiredness disappeared with surprise as large rainbow blur collided with her and tackled her to the ground.
"OHMYGOSHTWILIGHTAREYOUOK?!" A certain cyan pony shouted down at the unicorn pinned underneath her. Twilight just stared, a little irritated.
"Dash. I'm fine... but could you please get off me?" She asked. Dash laughed nervously and got up, then finally spotted Dr Atom Discharge standing looking at the two. Rainbow Dash nearly jumped out of her coat and stood between Twilight and Dr Atom defensively.
"STAY BACK! I WONT LET YO~" She was cut short by Twilight placing a hoof on her shoulder.
"Dash, it's ok, he's not a bad pony."

Rainbow Dash stood there looking a bit dumbfounded. She blinked a few times.
"Wait what's going on here? If he's a good pony, then why do you seem like you are about to collapse? Are you sure he didn't do anything to you Twilight?" She asked looking Twilights eyes.
"Yes Dash, he didn't do anything. I am just tired because I was up all night." She said, and then noticed a startled look across Dash's face.
"Wait... you were up all night? You mean you two were Fu-"
"NO! Not like that! We just talked!" Twilight interrupted quickly, making sure that the thought was banished before it was fully formed.

Still Twilight couldn't help the blush rise to her cheeks, which, added to the fact Atom was now blushing and fidgeting, made sure the idea was firmly locked in Dash's mind. She just rolled her eyes.
"Sssuuuuurrrrreeee, you just talked, right." She said sarcastically, making both of the ponies in front of her blush more. Twilight couldn't deal with it in her current state and just glared at Dash.
"Oh Shush, stop it, I need to go and sleep!" She said impatiently as she pushed past Dash and into the house, calling "Goodnight Atom, I'll probably be back tonight." as she slammed the door. Atom just nodded and turned to leave seeing that same cyan pony blocking his path.
"We need to talk mister!" She demanded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~About Half An Hour Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atom was almost home. Rainbow Dash had insisted on coming along, but had said nothing yet. She eventually spoke.
"So you didn't actually-" Atom turned quickly to look at her and cut her off in a cold tone.
"No, we did not, we just talked about stars that's all that happened." He said in an irritated voice. As he reached his door and started to open it, then Dash piped up again.
"You know, I don't trust you, even if you have tricked Twilight, I wont be-" She was cut off by Dr Atom Who turned around quickly his eyes aflame with fury.
"WHY DO YOU PONIES HAVE TO KEEP THINKING OF ME AS EVIL!! I AM NOT A BAD PONY! I'M JUST DIFFERENT, BUT NONE OF YOU SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT!" He screamed at her before turning away and walking in, muttering as he did "Twilight is the first pony to understand me..." just before the door slammed and locked, leaving Dash there, startled.


Twilight had barely made it up the stairs to her room. She stumbled over to her bed and fell head first onto it, sprawling across it and falling asleep almost straight away...

She was in her room, and looked out of the window to see it was night. The stars were beautiful, brighter than she had ever seen them before. She ran to her telescope and looked through it, and saw something she had never seen. She called out "SPIKE! Come look at this!" She looked around, and she was in the observatory, by the large telescope, the room was in darkness, except for the light of the stars which only seemed to shine on her. The machinery was nothing but dark blobs in the darkness, ominous lumps of deeper shadow. Suddenly one moved out of the corner of her eye, moving slowly among the others, slowly weaving it's way towards her. Whatever it was, it scared her, filled her with a fear like never before. She tried to back up, but couldn't move, she was rooted to the spot, trapped. It got closer and closer, until all of a sudden, it was at the edge of the shadow. She still couldn't clearly make it out, it was a solid wall of shadow. She was terrified, but then it stepped into the light and became sharp and clear. It was Atom. Suddenly, all of her fear was gone. He slowly moved forwards towards her and she moved closer to him. They met in the middle, close, looking into each other eyes. She felt her heart flutter, and then he said in a soft gentle voice.
"Twilight... I love you." He leaned in and kissed her softly...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors notes

Ok this is again a little short, and I'm sorry, but I just felt it was a good place to leave it, I hope to make the next one longer, and hopefully add a little more excitement