• Published 13th Oct 2011
  • 3,534 Views, 147 Comments

A Distant Star - Dr Atom Discharge



A Romance Between my OC: Dr Atom Discharge and Twilight

  • ...
3
 147
 3,534

Chapter Six: The Party

A Distant Star
Chapter Six: The Party

Last Time: She rounded a corner and went straight into a solid wall, it was a dead end. She tried to retreat back into the main tunnel, but the creature was already in the entrance. The sinister being was shrouded in shadows. It moved slowly toward her as she cowered away against the wall. Each step it took made an eerie clacking noise, each one counting down the seconds she had to live. She sobbed quietly in fear. This was it. She was too exhausted to do any magic. She was defenseless, this was it… the end… she wished she could see her friends one last time… Pinkie Pie… Rarity… Applejack… Flutttershy… Rainbow Dash… Atom… ‘If only Atom were here, he’d know what to do… he’d find a way out’ she thought sadly,
“Oh Atom, I wish you were here…” Were her last quiet words before the creature raised its razor sharp hooked claw for the single killing blow…

The claw glinted as it raced towards her. Her life flashed before her eyes and the world slowed to a near standstill. The hooked claw that signaled the end of her life filled her view, the last thing she would ever see… dying alone in a dark cave torn apart by an unnatural creature… When the claw was but an inch away, there was an intense flash of light and what sounded like a clap of thunder, leaving her momentarily blind and deaf. When her vision returned she could see the dim glow of flickering light from the creature now sprawling on the floor in a silent struggle between it and the flames now engulfing it.

Her hearing slowly returned, filling her ears with the sound of the creature's dying screams. She investigated the creature more closely; it was a tall mantis-like creature with flailing tentacles on its back. A familiar voice filled her ears.
“Your wish is my command M’lady.” Atom stood at the junction leading towards the dead end. Twilight stared at him blankly, her mind unable to comprehend the recent string of events.
“W-What..?” Atom shuffled awkwardly.
“Er… you know… because you said ‘Oh Atom I wish you were here…” He tried to explain but Twilight shook her head.
“N-no no… I mean what are you doing here… why aren’t I dead… I… but… the…” She said faintly as her eyes rolled back into her head and she collapsed on the cold stone floor.

She groggily woke up and looked around. She was in an unfamiliar bed in a room she had never seen before. It was messy with bare walls of concrete and a door in one corner. She got out from under the covers. The last thing she could remember was that terrible claw racing toward her. She shook her head, trying to regain a memory of how she had gotten there, and exactly where that was. She went through the door and was met with a familiar setting; Atom’s Observatory. She saw him over by a piece of machinery taking notes. He looked over in her direction and their eyes met. His relief was evident in his expression.

He galloped across the room, even jumping over one of the larger machines in his way, skidding to a stop in front of her.
“Twilight! Are you okay? I was so worried!” He said, his nerves thoroughly wracked. Right then the memories flooded back to her of how he had appeared at the last minute and saved her. She jumped forwards wrapping her forelegs around him in a hug. He gently placed his forelegs around her and returned the favor.
“Oh Atom, I was so scared! I thought I was going to die! How did you know I was in trouble?” She asked pulling back and looking at him with curiosity and gratitude.

He smiled and chuckled a little.
“Well I saw you walk right past the observatory and head into the forest, so I decided to follow and make sure nothing happened. You seemed a little…out of it…” He rubbed the back of his neck.
“Oh… I see… wait… then why didn’t you help me when the creature first came after me?”
“Mainly because I couldn’t keep up. You are a very fast runner. If I’d been going as fast as you I wouldn’t have had the energy to use magic, and we both would have died…” Twilight blushed a little, clearly embarrassed.
“Y-yeah… I should have thought of that myself.” She blushed more and looked away, looking out the window to see the sun setting.

She then remembered Pinkie's party for Atom.
“Oh my gosh! What time is it!?” Atom, a little startled by her sudden outburst, answered her query.
“Er… it’s about 7, why?” She gasped and grabbed him by the hoof and started running towards the exit, dragging him behind.
“If we don’t hurry we’ll be late!” She cried out, running outside and towards Ponyville dragging an outright flabbergasted Atom by his foreleg.
“Late for what!?” He cried out, completely discombobulated by the sudden haste.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~At The Party~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“HI THERE! It’s so nice to finally meet you Atom! I’m Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for YOU! I was soooo sad when you didn’t come to your first party, but you’re here now and now I’m really happy so that makes everything okay! I was worried when you didn’t show up last time, I mean who doesn’t turn up to their own party!? I mean I guess some ponies…” She rambled on at great speed, thus causing Atom’s already uncomfortable mood to spiral into complete nervousness. He looked to Twilight for help, but she simply smiled and shrugged. “… and that’s why you should never feed alligators raisins.” Pinkie Pie Finished. Atom blinked for a second, then he took her hoof and shook it gently.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Miss Pinkie.” He said with a smile.

Pinkie bounced off into the party. Atom sighed in relief and went over to see Twilight, and she smiled as he approached.
“Hey Atom, I want you to meet a good friend of mine. Fluttershy, this is the stallion I was telling you about.” Fluttershy, obviously a little nervous around so many ponies looked up at Atom. She saw looming over her and spoke in a tiny voice.
“H-hello… I’m Fluttershy… it’s nice to meet you…” Atom smiled and gently took her hoof and shook,
“I am Atom, it is a pleasure to meet you.” He said softly, allowing Fluttershy to feel more relaxed. She gave a little smile, but an unusually loud bass note caused her to squeak in surprise and curl up into a ball.
Twilight chuckled a little next to Atom, and he looked up.
“Oh don’t worry, she’s always like that, that’s just Fluttershy’s way” She whispered in his ear with a small smile, apparently having recovered from earlier events. Normally he would have thought that strange, but Pinkie Pie seemed to radiate energy, giving everypony a burst of life. Even he was starting to get into the party, and he was most certainly not the party type.

Atom Smiled and chuckled lightly, starting to relax a little, when an Orange Earth Pony with a blonde mane and three apples as her cutie mark trotted up to Twilight and gave her a hug. She looked over at Atom and smiled warmly.
“Awwww, you must be Twilight’s Coltfriend. Dash told me all ‘bout it. Y’all make such a cute couple!” She said happily, flashing a big grin. Both Atom and Twilight froze and blushed brightly and started rambling almost in synch.
“We’re not Dating! I wouldn’t… I mean I would but… I… Er… well we just met, and er…. “Atom stuttered, blushing so hard it turned his coat a lighter shade of red. Twilight’s face was heated with the fires of a thousand embarrassing suns.

Applejack looked confused for a moment then frowned.
“That Rainbow Dash!” she shouted. At that instant a loud rolling laughter sounded across the room. Dash was hovering in the air, leaning back, clutching her belly with laughter. Atom scowled and a red aura appeared around one of Dash’s wings, holding it in place. This made her loose balance and fall into the punch bowl below with a large splash, making every pony in the room laugh even harder, including the now dripping Rainbow Dash. Atom smiled victoriously, a smile that soon faded at Applejack’s next comment:
“Ha ha ha, but still, you two would make a cute couple.” Both Atom and Twilight just stood there blushing awkwardly.

After a few minutes of blushing with the awkwardness almost reaching unbearable levels, Pinkie Pie bounced up to the two.
“Aww come on, stop standing around like silly fillies! It’s a party! Come on! It’s time to dance!!” She said in her usual over energetic manner. Before either could protest she literally dragged them both onto the dance floor and then bounded up to the DJ booth where DJ Pon-3 was handling the tunes. Atom looked over at the DJ and frowned.
“How the hay did Pinkie Pie get Vinyl Scratch to DJ for the party!? You need to book her weeks in advance!” Twilight just giggled.
“It’s Pinkie Pie, you learn to just accept these things. Now… let’s dance” Twilight said with a little blush which was returned by Atom.

They both slumped down on the seats by the side of the dance floor, laughing to with each other. Atom had made a complete foal out of himself when his front hooves hoof slipped out from under him. He landed flat on his face with his flank sticking in the air, so they had decided retire from dancing.
“Ha ha ha, I always did have four left hooves” he joked and Twilight chuckled along. They both sat there catching their breath for a minute before Atom spoke up “Hey, should we go get some food, there seems to be plenty food up for grabs.”

At the snack table they both admired the huge array of sweets and pastries that were laid out. They hadn’t been able to get a clear view before, but now they were in front of it they could see how much there was, each treat looking more appealing than the last. They both filled their plates and returned to their seats and started to chat on happily. Twilight did most of the talking, and that was mostly just describing her friends, what they did, and what their personalities were like.

They talked for hours, just chatting on as the party slowly died down. Twilight was getting more and more tired after her stressful day, but tried to hide it from Atom. She didn’t want to leave just yet, but eventually she couldn’t help but let a large yawn escape. Atom smiled.
“Alrighty Miss Sparkle, I think it’s time I walked you home.” He said with a little chuckle. Twilight tried to protest, but was cut off by another yawn, which pretty much made any point she was about to make useless. She then resigned to head home with Atom.

They walked through Ponyville, a light breeze stirring the warm summer air. It was once again a clear, beautiful night. The stars shone in all their radiant beauty, framing Luna’s magnificent full moon as it hung in the sky. Both of the unicorns were looking up at the sky in admiration as they walked. They both looked down at each other at the same time and shared a smile. As the library came into view, hey both slowed down, neither wanting the beautiful walk to end. Despite their best efforts, they still arrived sooner than they would have liked.


Twilight turned to Atom once they reached the Library, and smiled.
“I’m glad you could come tonight, I really enjoyed myself.” She said happily.
“I had a good time too…” Atom said with a warm smile. He quickly kissed her on the cheek. “Goodnight Twilight.” He said softly, she blushed brightly, and smiled. She didn't trust her mouth to work right when she was so tired. She turned away and opened the door, but just as she was about to walk in Atom spoke quietle]y. “Twilight…” She turned back.
“Yea-” Her words were cut off as his lips met hers as they slowly, softly kissed under the stars….


~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight woke with a small smile on her lips as she remembered her kiss from the night before. They had parted ways after without another word. They had no need to speak, the smiles on their faces had been enough. Twilight climbed out of bed and was walking down the stairs into the library when there was a loud, slow knock on the door. “Who could that be…” she asked herself, going to the door and opening it. Looming over her were two of Celestia’s Royal Guards with a stern look. “Miss Sparkle, we need to ask you some questions about the movements of one Dr Atom Discharge…” Twilight’s heart stopped in her chest as she heard those words
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okie Dokie Lokie, now please cut me a little slack, while I have been putting my best into this I have been pretty ill that last few days, so... if there is anything wrong tell me :P