• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 408 Views, 12 Comments

The Adventures of Punfusion Iron-Knee - Punguinhelper



A punny pegasus and his companion adventure through Equestria.

  • ...
 12
 408

Chapter 7

Punfusion and Map had been trotting and waddling, respectively, for only an hour or so. Punfusion's knee was running low on juice, due to the lack of wordplay. Not to mention, everything in the Everfree Forest looks the same. It was like the antarctic all over again, only with greenery. Everywhere one looked, trees wood be the only thing in sight. Punfusion thought. The pun in his head had fueled his knee a little bit, but soon the Iron-Knee would catch up too him. Map was shivering, not from cold or disease, those he could tolerate, but from fear and anxiety.

"Oh come now Map, I am in here to save chickens, unless you are a chicken, then you are not helping." Punfusion chuckled at his wordplay. He was certain nopony had ever thought of using "chicken" to describe a scared bird.

"Oh watch the fowl language, Pun," jeered Map, trying to stifle his laughter, to no aviale. Soon the pair of feathered friends could not stop laughing.

"Well, as they say: those with feathers stick together," laughed Punfusion,as they came to a forkest (a fork in the forest) "Now which way do we go?"

Map thought for not a second. "Laughed," he concluded.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Discord was hooting at the terrible-ness of the pegasus and punguin's puns. This is as rich as the chocolate frosting of Celestia's cakes,if not more so Discord thought. But Fluttershy's chickens must be found. Time to make them stop goofing off.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Didja' ear that? Sounded like a cuckooing hiss." Map was frightened of the noise more than he let on to. Map feared it was a cockatrice.

"Eh if it needs an ear give it corn," was the only reply Punfusion could offer in his startled state.

"We do not even have corn," Map pointed out.

"Are you so sure about that? These bags are crafted by the chaos incarnate itself. Who are we to say what makes sense to pack and what doesn't, when Discord was the one who packed my packs. Whatever logic Discord possesses, I doubt anypony else shares it." To prove his point Punfusion opened the saddlebags and found everything other than organization. "We a pony" labeled a pocket that one could only guess was where the weaponry was, Buffaloes danced in tutus out of the bag, cotton candy clouds began to puff into the air, sleeping bags unfolded from both bags, popcorn shot out, and a tent formed over the duo's heads. "Told ya to expect the unexpected, we do, in fact, have corn," Punfusion proudly stated.

Upon opening the "We a pony" pocket, rubber-chickens in weapon racks popped out, as well as, what could only be assumed as a blade of pure chaos, and bars of soap. The sword appeared unwieldy, having no place for hooves or a mouth. It was also practically useless as a wingblade as it made the wielder lopsided whilst flying. It also had the bag's strange trait of flowing colors. It had a band that would logically connect to the foreleg of it's wielder, however this was of Discord's creation, thus logic was out of the question. It also was bulkier than most blades making it appear somewhat shield-like. Punfusion decided to put it on top of the saddlebags for safekeeping and for aerial protection.

A few minutes of cleaning up the tent of chaos, and the duo was back on track. Neither of them noticed the shwierd (shield-like sword) meld into Punfusion's wings, nor did they see a mass of many eyes, looking at that with hunger.