• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 2,157 Views, 61 Comments

Dashed Dreams(New Life Edit) - Landon



Scootaloo has always had a tough life, one she may not suffer alone. Will her hero be replaced?

  • ...
2
 61
 2,157

Decisions Ch9

Rainbow Dash was standing on the sidewalk of one of Manehatten's busy streets; all around her were a variety of ponies going about their daily lives. A short distance away an orange filly was consulting with a yellow Pegasus mare and a white unicorn DJ over matters that Dash desperately wished to hear. Not wanting to cause more problems than she had already Rainbow Dash stood in her place and watched with determined eyes for any clue as to the conversation at hoof within the trio. Having been urged by the fire pegasus to return to the city a short while ago Rainbow Dash was hoping the famous flier would help her.

Occasionally the DJ would turn to face Dash with differing emotion; Rainbow was pretending not to notice at this point, hoping she could sway decision in her favor by not drawing unwanted attention. Still, exactly what was happening behind those dark lenses was more valuable to her now than anything in Equestria.

Finally her attention was peaked as Spitfire's gaze found Dash's eyes, unsure of whether she was simply being optimistic at this point she took the expression given as pleased. It may have been the first bit of good news she received. The filly turned around and the pair of older ponies followed close behind. Spitfire still with a look of content and Vinyl with a stoic expression Dash wouldn't attempt to decode for fear of permanent mental scarring.

Spitfire was the first of them to speak. "I think we should head inside. We have a lot to talk about."

"Agreed" Dash responded shakily, in all honesty she was simply happy to be off of the street.

Safely inside Vinyl's apartment Dash attempted to allow herself to relax, ensure her mind that everything would be ok, it wasn't working. She instead took to gazing around the apartment, small and obviously packed with their sleeping arrangements she took a spot on the couch. It looked to be only a few rooms, one of which she caught the glimpse of a bed in,

'Must be Vinyl's room' she thought to herself to distract her rapidly advancing fears. Looking away from the room she caught sight of a record lodged firmly in the wall. Lying on the table near her was a familiar picture of herself. She wondered for a moment how it had gotten into the apartment and considered reaching for it and deciding to stay still. Her attention was brought away from the embedded disk and drawing back to the assorted ponies around her.

"Ok, we're here. So what's going on?" she started.

Scootaloo sighed and shifted in her seat to face Dash, once her hero, who she regarded as above every other pony in Equestria that had fallen so quickly from grace. "Well... I um," she looked across to Spitfire who simply nodded her on. "I'm going back to Ponyville." she stopped and waited for a response from the assorted mares. Dash felt her fears deflate with the decision.

"Really? That's great!" Rainbow Dash said a little too enthusiastically, calming down at the looks of the others.

"Wait wait, that's not it." Scootaloo continued, not wanting Dash to take her response incorrectly. "I'm coming back... with Vinyl."

"W-what?" Dash's heart sank and she dropped her head. Mentally kicking herself for being so foalish. She could feel her defeat. The DJ perked up at the news, having not paid much attention to the debate outside. She kept her face still but behind her glasses she carefully eyed the filly with unrivaled joy.

"No its n- Dash?" Scootaloo cut herself off seeing the state of the blue mare. "Are you, crying?" she leaned in for a better look at the strong athlete.

"No, Jus- no, crying? Me? Please, I don't cry" her words faded out and she kept her head low, wiping the fresh onslaught of tears away. "Crying is not my thing. I'm jus-" Scootaloo wrapped her in a full embrace. Dash gladly returned the gesture, her will broke and the tears escaped her hold. She found herself crying against the filly unintentionally wetting part of the purple mane. "Don't abandon me" she said quietly to the young fan who pushed herself back to look at Rainbow Dash at arm’s length.

"What? I'd never do that. Just listen." she got back to her seat and attempted to wipe her coat partially dry. "Spitfire, I think you should tell her."

The fire pegasus nodded and faced Dash who looked up confused. "Scootaloo came up with a nice plan, smart foal really. So here, if you're up for it you come back with me and train with the others, Scootaloo will stay with V in a little place in ponyville and you'll be a Wonderbolt. See?" she smiled at the filly for making the suggestion.

"You mean it?" she looked at the ponies in the room who were all smiling contently. Even Vinyl wore her traditional mad-mare grin. "Well, that sounds great."

"Awesome, then it's settled!" Spitfire called out happily.

"It sounds great, but no thanks." Dash added, earning a mixed look from the rest. She turned to face Scootaloo. "Listen, I missed enough with you already. You're already flying, I should have been there the first time, I'm sorry. I won't miss it again, I'm going to be there this time." she sat up, her confidence slowly returning. "Besides, the Wonderbolts will be there next year."

"Are you sure?" Spitfire asked.

"Deffinately," Dash turned to face the unicorn. "Hey, thanks for taking care of her... and I'm sorry." The DJ smiled, her own tears began to fall from her control as she looked from Rainbow Dash to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo hugged Dash before trotting over and doing the same for the remaining guests. "I can't believe it, this is so cool!"

Rainbow Dash stood from her seat. "So, I think it's time we head home. I really need a bath."

"Use mine," The white mare finally speaking after her lengthy silence. "I'm starving so hurry up and let’s eat." she wrapped a hoof around Scootaloo and pulled her close. "Then we'll go home, sound good?"

"Sounds great!" the filly agreed, hugging her friend tightly.


----------The End----------