• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 521 Views, 37 Comments

Wanderer's Journey: Brony War! - LonesomeWanderer



How would you like it if the parasprites (Brony/Pegasister haters) started a war against you, the mane six, and most of ponykind? I believe you'd be pissed!

  • ...
6
 37
 521

Chapter 7: Wanderer: *insert clever title here

Where is Wanderer? He's in the Everfree Forest! It has more bad stuff in it now!

The humans, Wanderer, and Dinky appeared in the middle of the forest. Wanderer quickly ran to Dinky and pulled out a card, "Stand still, Dinky! This won't end well if you don't!"

The leader looked at Wanderer confused, "What are you doing? Is that the card I used?"

Wanderer used the card on Dinky and answered, "What you did was not supposed to attempted! What you did basically, was use a power you're not supposed to use. Now disappear from existence!" Suddenly the leader and his pawn disappeared into thin air, "There... Dinky, do you know where we are?"

Dinky answered coldly, "Away from my mom, but also in the Everfree Forest."

"Obviously we need to teach you man-AH!" He screamed in fright when a bush rustled. A pair of timber wolves came out into plain view, "Another battle? Why...?"
Time for a random encounter!

Wanderer pulls out his sword and makes an attempt at circling them to get their attention off of Dinky, but they didn't seem to care. At best I can at least break their backs! He ran in and broke one of them, and when the other faced him, he kicked it and gave a flurry of blows to the head.

Both timber wolves were defeated! Time to cele-wait... they're not defeated!

The parts of the wolves started to combine and create a bigger wolf. It let out a fearsome roar, and in doing so, it scared Dinky off into another part of the forest.

Wanderer ran next to her, but still had the wolf chasing after them, "Geez, when does this thing run out of steam!?" Wanderer asked before grabbing an explosion bottle and throwing it at the timber wolf. The effect was temporary, the wolf was destroyed, but Wanderer and Dinky still ran away. "Let's go into that conveniently placed treehouse!" Wanderer yelled as they got near one.

They ran in to a zebra balancing on a staff, "Visitors? I didn't think this would occur..." The zebra came back down to Earth and looked with her head leaning to one side confused.

Wanderer spoke in a begging voice, "Is there a safe path out of this forest we can find? We'd really appreciate not losing our hinds."

"Are you mocking the way I speak?" the zebra replied angrily, "An introduction is best, I'm Zecora, and no there is not a safe way out of this forest."

"Well then may I ask, what is the safest way?" Wanderer snapped.

"We really need to get out of this forest miss Zecora." Dinky added in.

"Did you really need to bring a child here with you?" Zecora asked, "If she dies, then I don't know what you'd do."

"Cut out the stupid rhyming and just lead us back to civilization!" Wanderer snapped.

Zecora walked towards the door and said, "Follow me, then. We'll find civilization."
Six minutes of walking later...

"We made it!" Wanderer exclaimed as they got closer to Ponyville, "Now to get back to Cantorlot! Thanks for the help, Zecora!"

"I hope you stay safe in your travels," Zecora said before walking off, "Hope your journey goes well!"

That was sort of another rhyme! Why I oughta-! Wanderer thought to himself before feeling a shockwave from nowhere, he grunted and looked towards Cantorlot, "I hope your mother is okay..."

"Hey! My mom went through a lot! I bet she's fine!" Dinky said with confidence, "Besides... I think she'll be fine because she's a pegasus! I wish I had their speed!"

"Looks like Zecora calmed your anger towards your mother, huh?" Wanderer started walking and scratching his chin at the same time, "Why is she your mother? She's a pegasus and you're a unicorn, that doesn't make much sense."

"I don't want to talk about that..." Dinky said suddenly saddened.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to pry." Wanderer apologized.

"Darlings! What are you doing near the Everfree forest?" cried Rarity. Following her was Pinkie Pie and Katherine.

"Rarity? I mean... I could ask you the same thing colonel! What are you doing away from your post!" Wanderer asked angrily.

"You and I both know that's a bunch of horse apples! Especially when I send you and Derpy to Cantorlot and you come back next afternoon!" Rarity looked worried, "Is she...?"

"She's fine, but I need to get back to her, or else... I can't escort her back to her beloved Doctor." Wanderer explained, "I've got to get back to Cantorlot fast! Do you have a tyancat to spare? According to my knowledge, she could be in danger."

"What if she's not? You move very quickly, so just trust she'll be fine..." Rarity thought for a moment, then gasps with realization, "IDEA!!!"

Wanderer looked at her annoyed, "Please never do that again!"

"Sorry darling, it's my thing!" Rarity smiled sheepishly, "Anyways, you can go on the cart that travels between Cantorlot and here!"

"How come I didn't just use that in the first place?" Wanderer angrily asked.

"It would make too much sense silly! Besides, how else would you going with Katherine to Cantorlot build up without this?" Pinkie explained for Wanderer and the readers.

"Um... I swear I didn't have a hand in... whatever she just explained." Katherine held her hands up as she said this. She seemed innocent.

"Whatever... let's just get a move on!" Wanderer cried out as they all ran to the cart.

The cart was very spacious, but smelled of dung and urine. On the side was graffiti, it read: "See if you can survive living in this dump!" People can be very nice... but others, not so much.
It took half an hour to transport Wanderer, Dinky, and Katherine to Cantorlot, then it took another half hour to find out that Derpy was at the shooting range.

Wanderer entered the range and saw Derpy miss a shot, then another, "Derpy! You need to narrow your eyes at the target, both of them!" He turned to Applejack as the rest of team entered, "Miss Applejack, are you having any trouble teaching her?"

"No, but-" Applejack was interrupted by Derpy getting a perfect between the eyes headshot.

"Nice shot! A true marksman with un-crossed eyes if I do say so myself!" Wanderer cheered

Everyone gave her praise for her truly amazing shot, but Wanderer sensed something in the corner of the room. It looked like a dark cloud of smoke, but as soon as Wanderer turned to face it, it simply disappeared. That... must be the villain! Wanderer deduced, I'm pretty sure everybrony knows who it is.
The stairway to the palace!

"And that's what happened to you?" Wanderer clarified being filled in.

"Sound like a bunch of horse apples... Wanderer's was with me the whole time." Dinky replied to her story.

"Now, now... I believe her... even if the nearest someone should call me crazy," Wanderer admitted Besides... I knew that would happen... I am Wanderer of universes after all! he proclaimed in his head, "I'm a little crazy from our adventure, but... I think it's finally time to find our Doctor!"

Derp saves all around!

Derpy says, "Derp!" and crosses her eyes.

AND

Wanderer says "Derp!" and tried to cross his eyes, but embarrasses himself.

Author's Note:

Should've mentioned this a little earlier...
Katherine is about Wanderer's age, sports a camo shirt, and her hairstyle is short, but styled.