• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 520 Views, 37 Comments

Wanderer's Journey: Brony War! - LonesomeWanderer



How would you like it if the parasprites (Brony/Pegasister haters) started a war against you, the mane six, and most of ponykind? I believe you'd be pissed!

  • ...
6
 37
 520

Chapter 3: That was... expected... by the author... and probably some others for a different reason.

Wanderer was on top of a house twirling an arrow, "Man..." He had been searching for a guide, but hadn't found any that were able to help. The guide he needs is one that can get him to Cantorlot, he grunted in thought before saying, "I wonder what Rarity has to say..." He got up and moved towards a building that looked like a carousal and entered.

He walks past Fluttershy and looks at Rarity, "Do you have some suicide mission I can accomplish?"

Rarity looks in a book and says, "Bored are you? Well, then I'd like to-" She immediately stops and cringes, "That quiver looks terrible, darling! Did you get that from the scrap heap? Your weapons are also in terrible condition! They look like they went through-"

Wanderer interrupts her, "I get it! I don't need a full critique about my equipment!" He looked very annoyed by her, and right then she used her magic to take all the weapons Wanderer had, "Hey! Those aren't yours to take!"

She ignored him and started working on the quiver, "You go find something else to do sweetie! I have no jobs for you today." She worked on expanding the quiver without making it too bulky, "Don't worry about your stuff! I just want to upgrade them."

Fluttershy tapped Wanderer's shoulder and said, "She'll be doing that for a while... would you like to go my place?" She seemed to adopt a begging face to coax Wanderer into going.

Wanderer looked back at Rarity and then back at Fluttershy, "Seeing as how I don't have anything else to do... sure, why not?" Fluttershy smiled and lead him to her house.

Near Fluttershy's house

How many animals does she have!? I haven't gone 2 feet without seeing so much as a rabbit!

Wanderer thought to himself on the way towards her house. "So... I'm guessing your job has to do with animals?"

Fluttershy answered happily, "Of course! Next to being second-in-command here, I take care of all the little critters!"

Wanderer scratched his chin, "How can you possibly hold that many responsibilities? It's not like you can be in two places at once..."

Fluttershy suddenly stops, "You don't question my ability anymore, okay?" She looked a bit beefed.

Wanderer held up his hands, "Alright, alright, I won't do it! Mostly because I think you'd have an animal army on me in an instant!" He was obviously PET-peeved. BA-DUMP-TSSH!

Fluttershy opened the door and called, "Angel, where are you?" A bunny comes out from upstairs and fires its crossbow at Wanderer, but he jumps out of the way of the bolt, "Angel! Have manners when we have a guest with us!" His nose twitched.

Wanderer stands back up and admits: "So... there's a reason I'm here, right?"

Suddenly Fluttershy's personality does a 180 when she grabs Wanderer's arm and pulls him toward the couch, "I want to learn more about your race, in case we ever let them stay. I want to release a book on the studies of them!"

This caught Wanderer by surprise, but he sat on the couch and began, "Okay... um, let's see..." Wanderer scratched his chin in thought, "Well... we can't seem to stop fighting each other. We've had two world wars and a lot more small wars."

Fluttershy looked surprised, "Gosh, I didn't think they fought so often!" She writes this into a journal using the most ironic thing for her to use, a feather pen, "Why did they fight a lot?"

Wanderer tried to make up an excuse, "We're just idiots, I tell you," however Fluttershy glared at this answer, "O-Okay, okay! We... American humans didn't like to share until the second world war."

Fluttershy looked surprised, "T-There's more types of humans than just you? I didn't know!" (Please don't kill me for most definitely insulting the other races!) She looked down and to the side, "I'm not very comfortable around lots of people, so I may not be able to make this book." She looked at the book and dropped it, then made weak sobs.

Wanderer looked at the book on the floor and tried to calm her down, "Did you know that researchers in my world sent some spies into colonies of Native American tribes to gain info on them? It's a very useful way to get info quickly." He sat back and waited for Fluttershy to say something.

She looked at him and said, "I don't know anypony who could have a good time interacting with humans though..." She quickly darted her eyes between the book and Wanderer.

Wanderer sighed, "How about I do it for you?" He picked up the book, "I can get that info!"

Fluttershy suddenly hugs Wanderer, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The words came out at rapid-fire, but still somehow quiet. Wanderer decided to go out for an adventure in town after saying goodbye to Fluttershy.

In front of Apple Farm

How... fruitful! Ba-dump-tsh! Wanderer joked to himself, as he was walking towards the farm, "Looks like this place thrives on the sale of apples and cider..." he suddenly snaps, "I can't stand being in a one-piece to sale kind of area!" He immediately calms down before anyone could see him freaking out about an apple farm.

Suddenly something fast comes out of the bush, "Intruder! Let's get him!" two other somethings came out of the tree. They're all dashing in for an all-out attack!

Wanderer suddenly pulls out an ace of hearts and throws it onto the ground, but unlike any card thrown onto the ground, this one created a barrier around Wanderer! All the "somethings" crash into the barrier and land near the fence.

"OUCH!"

"How did he do that!?"

"Who cares! He's gonna get us!"

The ones talking are fillies, but seem to be wearing the same cape on their backs, "Fillies? That's the group I used a barrier enchantment to stop? Man... that was my only one to use!" Wanderer looked both glad the fillies weren't hostile, but still peeved that they wasted his ace up the sleeve!

"NOW!"

"You're gonna wish that you hadn't come here!"

"I really like your hair!" the small white one yelled as they all attacked at the same time.

Time for a random encounter!!!

On one side of the field was the trio of fillies and the other side had a lonesome Wanderer, "What are you doing attacking me?"

They answer at the same time, "We're going to defend the farm!"

They don't want to listen to reason! Wanderer thought to himself, Looks like I'll have to make them go away! Hopefully the person controlling me knows how to work a turn-based battle! Begin!

The trio attack together and manage to lower Wanderer's health by 100! Wanderer runs into the group and and attacks them separately, but they don't go down! Perhaps I need to defeat them at the same time...

Suddenly somepony runs to Wanderer's side, "Hello, darling! Mommy finished your equipment!" She notices the scrap that he's in, "Here let me help you! Do you know how team strikes work?"

Wanderer looked at them, "They used one on me earlier..."

Rarity looked excited for this, "Then you should do as I darling!" She prepares a magic spell. Wanderer pulls back an arrow on his upgraded bow, then Rarity cast the spell on the arrow, "Fire! Crystal Spear!" Wanderer lets the shot loose into the ground beneath the fillies and it explodes leaving crystals in its wake.

The fillies are defeated! Rarity trash-talks the fillies in the victory screen, "There was never a chance of you winning, darlings!"

Wanderer answers in the screen, "But there was... a small chance. A Rarity!" Rarity disappointedly sighed at the terrible pun.

End random encounter!

Rarity scolded the fillies, "Why did you attack a human inside the town? You know the ones inside the town are not evil!"

The orange Pegasus answered, "But... you also said they have to have an insignia on their weapon or clothing!"

The earth filly added, "And besides... he has wacky powers!"

Wanderer looked at Rarity and at the same time they laughed, "Nice try kids, but I didn't do anything. You must have really been lost in that battle!"

Rarity suddenly pulled out a paper tag and stuck it to Wanderer's bow. It was a human standing next to a pony in a fighting stance, "That will make ponies and fillies, able to ignore your racial difference! You're welcome!"

The fillies jumped up and yelled at the same time, "Hey! How come he gets that after fighting with us!?"

Wanderer smiled smugly at them, "Because you attacked me first!" The four of them were developing a rivalry! This is either a bad thing or a good thing in the story!

The orange Pegasus angrily replied, "We're the cutie mark crusaders!" She pointed at herself "Scootaloo!" She points at the young white unicorn, "Sweetie Belle!" Lastly she points at the earth filly, "And Applebloom! You can't beat us alone!"

"Which is your weakness!" Wanderer pointed out, "If you're separated or take on multiple enemies at a time, then you have no strength!" His words struck true, but harsh.

"Well... you'll see! We'll be stronger than you!" Scootaloo claimed out loud for the world to hear. The world probably didn't care... but they ran off towards the apple trees.

Wanderer looked after them as they ran, "Will they be alright? I'm not sure training without an instructor is a good idea..."

Rarity waved her hoof, "They always do that these days... it makes no sense, but-" Suddenly a tremor came about, "Great... another earthquake. The corrupt humans are unbalancing the Equestrian universe, so we have to deal with slight tremors everyday!"

Wanderer got scared, "So... what your saying is... if they don't leave then these earthquakes will continue?"

Rarity looked confused, "Yes... so what?"

Wanderer explained vaguely, "Well... if something that's not supposed to be here becomes a hostile force, then the universe will disappear!"

Rarity looked even more confused, "Darling? Are you okay? You aren't making any sense..."

Wanderer replies, "I know, but... I know a lot about universes. We need those humans to be peaceful soon! When did they start fighting the ponies?"

Rarity still looks confused, "Umm... about two days ago... you're acting strange, so speak up and tell me what is going on!"

Wanderer looked calm when she said when the beginning of the fighting was, "Oh... good, I still have about two months then..." He looked at her apologetically, "I'm not of this world, I am the Wanderer of universes. I come to universes in danger sometimes and cleanse the paradox gone wild. I only have two months before the universe becomes nothing more then a little pebble on the map of universes."

Rarity looked surprised by his answer, "That is too well put together! I've seen nearly every human in Equestria except you, and you say that you are some person able to save us from a paradox destruction?" She scratches her chin, "Fascinating! That's why you never shared anything with us about your past!"

Wanderer scratches the back of his head, "Yeah... it doesn't do me any good to have everypony thinking I'm the nut of humankind... I wouldn't be able to get anything done!"

Rarity nodded, "Seems that way, but-" Suddenly explosions are heard coming from town, "What was that!? I'll go rally the troops, you go make sure the fillies are safe!"

Wanderer nodded, then sprinted to where he guessed the fillies were, "Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo! Applebloom! Where are the cutie mark crusaders?" He yelled as he ran through the forest. He found a tree house after a long run. He decided to go inside.

The cutie mark crusaders were unconscious beneath a group of hostile humans. They were heavily armed and had muscles as large as the fillies heads. They turned around and noticed Wanderer, "Oh, look! A pipsqueak joined the fun!" He was right... Wanderer had no big muscles or large artillery, he could only run and fire arrows, but he realized that he was surrounded when he looked back towards the door. This wasn't a good plan- GAH! He thought as he went down from a strike against the back of his head. He lay there motionless, but breathing still.

Cliff hanger! Will Wanderer ever get out of this long narrow path of failure? Tune in next time to find out!

"Would you um... like to save your... progress?" Fluttershy's voice echoed...

Yay!

OR

LOUDER!