• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 521 Views, 37 Comments

Wanderer's Journey: Brony War! - LonesomeWanderer



How would you like it if the parasprites (Brony/Pegasister haters) started a war against you, the mane six, and most of ponykind? I believe you'd be pissed!

  • ...
6
 37
 521

Chapter 11: Bringing some truth to life!

Coming back from the Everfree, Wanderer stopped off first at the Apple acres. He was lucky enough to have been there on the day of the month that the Apple family sells their famous apple cider.

"Hey there! Remember me?" it was Applebloom operating the cash register.

"Oh yeah... you're part of the cutie mark crusaders... I'm not here on a personal visit though." Wanderer dropped two bits in front of Applebloom and retrieved his glass of cider. He walked towards the fence and sat on it, then took a sip of cider.

He looked at the fields and fields of apple trees and said out loud, "Huh... weird. Somehow I thought there would be more ponies operating this field."

"All we need is one family." Applejack had walked past and heard what Wanderer said.

"Seems like a lot of work for just three ponies, if we're counting you're sister." Wanderer looked out across the sea of green, "How many trees are out there? Seems like hundreds could be out there."

"You're close, but I don't remember the exact number of trees holding the apples." Applejack admitted.

Wanderer jumped off the fence and handed Applejack the mug, "I'm done, it was the best thing I've never tasted before. See you later!" he cries as he runs off.

Wanderer had been walking around the town for several hours after leaving the Apple acres. His new-found confusion was pointed towards the town hall, "Does anyone even do anything in these parts anymore? Cantorlot isn't going to save itself they should know!"

"There you are!" Twilight had snuck up from behind followed by a few guards, "You and I are going to talk."

"About me? C'mon, you have to try and break the ice a bit. Going in for an attack first is foolish." Wanderer countered.

"I need to know more about your powers." Twilight insisted, "How did you get here? How do you use magic by cards?" the questions came at Wanderer like arrows from a wall full of archers.

"One: I got here because of your cowardly deity." Wanderer explained, "Two: It's not easy to explain how magic from cards work, so you're not getting an answer there. I haven't finished my card magic school yet."

"Huh? No resistance this time?" Twilight asked curiously.

"No... but if you want more answers, I want you to call off the guards and have us talk privately." Wanderer explained with a 'c'mon, this is obvious' kind of tone.

"Alright then... come to my library after noon." Twilight demanded.

"Sure... oh no!" Wanderer looked like a frightened puppy.

"Wh-What!?"

"It's past noon now!" a wide grin spread across his face and he started walking away. Twilight paused, but followed after him.
In the library.

"This book is... interesting..." Wanderer commented on one of the books he was reading, "However, it's starting to get a bit steamy in this scene."

I grabbed a hold of the shower knobs and twisted, it made a creaking noise in the effort to get the water pouring all over my skin. Mikusoba was in there with me to scrub my back, but I had better plans in mind. I planted him firmly against the wall and-

The door to the library opened and Wanderer quickly put the book back on the shelf and looked at Twilight expectedly, "So, what's your first question?"

"I want to know what you meant by 'your cowardly deity sent for me,' what did that mean?" Twilight asked with curiosity edging her vocal sword.

"That is an easy one... you see, I'm commanded by the gods of all universes." Wanderer explained, "There's a god that basically runs a single universe and generally is worshipped by the minors in the world; like how you worship Celestia."

Twilight focused intently on what Wanderer was saying, and her silence was the sign to keep going on.

"Now here... your leaders, Luna and Celestia are the gods, but you may remember that I said there was only one main god per universe." Wanderer continued, "Can you tell me who would have the better grasp on this universe than the other?"

"Celestia..."

"Because...?"

"She had a longer ruling time here in Equestria?" Twilight curiously answered.

"Close, but there's one more reason that she's the god of this universe." Wanderer replied, "Her mother and father died forcing Luna onto the moon right? If you think about it, one of them was the main god, but heritage can also be an answer to how Celestia got to be main goddess."

Twilight was scratching her chin with her hoof, "If that's true, then why didn't Luna get the main goddess abilities?" she asked confused.

"That's another thing that is good to know about heritage, sometimes there will be more than one child under the god/goddess. It will depend on who was much more worthy of the abilities, Celestia got the abilities because she didn't have the chance of using them for pure evil. If Luna got the abilities, she would use them to destroy the world as Nightmare Night." Wanderer explained.

"So... Celestia called you, but according to the royal guards... she's..." Twilight trailed off.

"That doesn't exactly count for much... Celestia gets the abilities to see into the future and get premonitions about every choice she makes. If she stayed in that castle, then you should've been able to find a dead body." Wanderer explained.

"So... she left when she knew the humans would come and attack?" Twilight asked.

"She would know that either she'd lose against them all, or that staying would endanger you and Luna for staying and possibly fighting." Wanderer scratched his chin, "Whatever happened down the alternate timelines is beyond me, but that's what she did... she left, then called me. Because she knew that she couldn't handle this paradox by herself."

Twilight looked down and remained silent. Wanderer patted her on the shoulder, "What's that for?"

"Good luck, I'm told that I was lucky when I used to be... normal..." he trailed off, "Maybe some of my unknown luck will rub onto you."

"Um... thanks." Twilight didn't know exactly what to say after that speech about how he came here.

"Anyways... can we get into Cantorlot please?" he asked out of nowhere.

"Why? The royal guards haven't gotten back in the gates yet..."

"That's exactly why I'm asking." Wanderer's face grew serious, "If I'm still here, then there's still a paradox to fix."

"But... the humans aren't a problem anymore." Twilight objected, "No more paradox now."

"And what if I brought one with me? That sometimes happens... get your guards to work faster please." Wanderer replied with new found annoyance.

Twilight looked shocked by his anger, but said nothing to him. He furiously walked out the door without another word.
Carousal Boutique.

Wanderer was writing some notes down in his journal as he walked towards Rarity's home. He finished the sentence he was writing before opening the door, "Rarity... are you in here?" he called out to the seemingly empty store, no answer was given though.

Several moments of silence passed before two ponies stepped out into the open on the second floor and looked directly at Wanderer. They were unidentifiable because of the darkness, but one seemed to be a unicorn, "Rarity... what's going on?" Wanderer asked reluctantly.

The unicorn didn't answer, but looked towards his/her partner... it looked like they were whispering to each other, but Wanderer couldn't catch what they were saying. Wanderer was about to leave when...

"HELP! D-Don't leave me here!" it was Rarity's voice that had come from upstairs where the ponies were. One of them went back into the room and the unicorn walked up to Wanderer.

"Oh hell no!" Wanderer exclaimed before slamming into the unicorn. Because the unicorn was so close to him, Wanderer could see that it was a mare. She tried to pull out a dagger from her saddle bags, but Wanderer was too smart to let the dagger pierce his skin. He dodged and knocked the unicorn out with a blow to the back of the head.

After the unicorn fell motionless, Wanderer ran upstairs and kicked open the door that the other pony went in. The sight was less than gratifying; Rarity was tied to the bed with many cuts on her body, while the mysterious pony was above her creating more while she tried to scream through the gag around her mouth.

"Dude, that is messed up..." Wanderer said out loud, however the pony ignored him and kept cutting. Wanderer grabbed the knife after throwing the pony off the bed and cut the ropes, "Rarity, stay with me! I'm getting you out of here!" the pony that had been cutting Rarity was not unconscious, but he didn't try to stop Wanderer from helping Rarity.

Rarity in tow, Wanderer ran towards the hospital to get her healed. Wanderer decided not to stay to hear the results though, he went back to the Carousal Boutique to hear what the ponies had to say.

He started with the one that wasn't unconscious, "Alright, who are you, and why did you attack Rarity?" he asked in a polite tone.

"What...? Who are you...? Where am I?" the pony rubbed his head, "Why does my head hurt?"

"You mean you don't remember anything?" Wanderer pressed.

"Not before this morning..." he looked at the bed, then at Wanderer, "Did I have ale and look drunk?"

"Erm..." Wanderer grimaced, "You were cutting a mare marshmallow to ribbons!"

"Wh-What!? I would never! I'm just a citizen of the Crystal Kingdom!" he objected.

"No... it can't be..." Wanderer mumbled to himself, "Go home you drunk, you're in Ponyville." he said coldly. The pony shrugged and left, leaving only the unconscious unicorn left to interrogate. He went down to the unicorn and tried waking them her up.

After a minute of shaking her, her eyes fluttered open, "Wh-Where am I?"

"Do you remember anything that happened today?" Wanderer asked clearly.

"I... I don't..."

"Where are you from?"

"The Crystal Kingdom..."

"I suggest you take the train, because you're far away from home ma'am. In Ponyville, in fact." Wanderer explained. She left after a brief pause to look at Wanderer. Wanderer went back to the stairs and sat on the second one up, holding his head between his hands.

He stared at the ground thinking about what happened, It seems they were brainwashed... they were under the control of someone, but who would do such a thing? he thought to himself about this for a long time; it seemed like days were going by minutes while he tried to think about it. However much he thought about it though, no one seemed to come to mind... except for him... the one Chrysalis thought was the main villain.

"Of course... it could only be him!" Wanderer said out loud without realizing it. He looked around to make sure that no one heard him and rushed to the train station.

The culprit behind the torture of Rarity... the one who could've been the one who burnt Chrysalis's parents... the truth was becoming clear! The one who did all this was...
The Cliffhanging save! I've been making you save so that I could go back and change history!!!

Yes pickers: WHAT!?

&

No pickers: I KNEW IT!

Author's Note:

Just kidding... my save system wouldn't do that... or would it later? Hmmm.......................