• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 521 Views, 37 Comments

Wanderer's Journey: Brony War! - LonesomeWanderer



How would you like it if the parasprites (Brony/Pegasister haters) started a war against you, the mane six, and most of ponykind? I believe you'd be pissed!

  • ...
6
 37
 521

Chapter 6: Mysterious occurances...

The pair was sitting under an apple tree, eating what else? Wanderer had kept the jacket that Rarity used to make him look like a girl and wore it more often. He said wearing it reminded him of the victory in Ponyille. Victories are good memories, aren't they? Enough, time to go back to the story.

Wanderer turned to Derpy and asked, "Do you honestly think it was a good idea to leave your kid behind? If it was me, I woulda stayed with her..."

Derpy looked back, "She'll be fine, she even handles herself well without me. I don't think this is a problem."

Wanderer stood up and yelled into the branches of the tree, "Get out here this instant Dinky! Crusaders, you come out too."

They all came out of hiding, Dinky fell down and looked confused, "How did you know where I was?"

Wanderer pointed to the leaves on the ground, "If you hide in a tree, you have to stay still, or else the leaves fall. Now why did you follow us? Be honest, all of you!"

The crusaders cried in unison, "We want to prove that you're not as strong as us! We're going to follow you until your journey is over!"

Can't do much against them...

Dinky looked pleadingly at her mother, "I want to stay with you! Your my mother, but you always go out on expeditions to find your precious Doctor! I always find that you come back with more than a scratch, or more recently, covered in blood!"

Derpy frowned, "You can't follow me Dinky! The way Wanderer and I are going has enemies somewhere along the way!"

Dinky yelled, "I don't care! I want my mom to stay home! I'll follow you until you're done if I have to!"

Wanderer scratched the back of his head, "Kid, she's right. There'll be more bad men than the ones that took you to that dungeon. If you don't-"

Dinky interrupted, "I told you I don't care! Make my mom stay home, or I will follow!"

Looks like persuasion doesn't work on this... I could try... no, that would only work until she got halfway to the town,

Wanderer thought to himself, he turned to Derpy, "Sorry, you should be the one to choose."

Derpy looked surprised, "Y-You don't have anything to say to her?"

Wanderer looked off into the distance, "Maybe... however it's your child! Her strong will and young mind will only lead her on one path currently. Your decision, is give up seeing the Doctor and go home with your child. Otherwise, we'll have to take her with us!"

Derpy looked between Wanderer and Dinky, "I-I..."

Scootaloo stepped forward, "She needs you, but if you go away from her, then she'll be completely lost as if no one had given her a life in the first place." The words coming from Scootaloo were surprising (And not surprising considering she never mentions her parents), she continued, "You can't leave her behind, or else she'll feel abandoned by you." Scootaloo looked down as if trying to hide a deep pain from a long time ago.

Derpy thought for a little longer, then decided what to do, "Dinky, you are strong. You've handled me coming home everyday with the same thing: scratches, blood, but no Doctor. Now I have the ability to perhaps see him again, but with you..." She paused to think about what words she would use, "I think he would love how you've grown under your own care."

Dinky looked happy, but at the same time she was crying, "I-I love you mom!" They both hugged while tears of joy came down from Dinky's eyes.

Wanderer eventually broke this bonding moment by saying: "Alright, all's good with you two now! Let's get moving before the time of day turns to dusk."

The bridge to Cantorlot, it was made for the trade ponies, but has been an abandoned route, because of the frontline battle that never seemed to end.

Wanderer looked at this stone structure, "Are you sure this is the best way? I mean, I've seen better ways..."

Derpy courageously stepped forward, "Come on! Let's go!"

On the wall of Cantorlot.

One pony was using a telescope to observe the battlefield, he eventually saw Wanderer's group, "There's a group of anti-pony ponies on the bridge! Archer, fire at the oil barrels!"

Back with Wanderer

Wanderer looked back mid-way across the bridge, "Say... what do you think those barrels were for?"

Derpy looked back at him, "Do you really want to stop and question barrels?"

Wanderer bit his lip, "I hate barrels!" Suddenly an arrow flies through the air, "Um... is that arrow on fire?"

Sweetie Belle suddenly screamed, "I realized what those barrels are! They're-"

One of the barrels exploded and sent a shockwave towards them, "RUN!!!!!!!" Wanderer yelled out to everyone. Derpy picked Dinky up and flew to the wall while the crusaders and Wanderer ran for their lives as the bridge collapsed very quickly.

There must be some system in the bridge, a bunch bombs that act almost immediately to fire in useful spots!

Derpy and Dinky made it, but the expanse of the bridge was too long for the crusaders and Wanderer. Applebloom turns her head while running and asks, "What are we gonna do mister?" Wanderer quickly pulled out a card and focused energy into it, "What kind of idiot pulls out an ace of hearts here!?"

Wanderer finished charging the card and yelled, "Teleport!" The crusaders had been teleported over to where Derpy and Dinky were, but Scootaloo was still running somehow, "That didn't get you? How in the-?"

The bridge collapsed under them, and Wanderer quickly grabbed Scootaloo and held her near his chest as they fell down.

"Man... nothing exciting is happening today." Complained a human near the bottom of the bridge.

"You can say that again... it's like the only way to get exciting thing to happen is by wishing to the gods above!" complained the human next to him. He looked up and noticed Wanderer and the bridge falling.

"Exciting thing coming down!" Wanderer yelled as soon as the second human said something. Both of them were smashed by the rubble of the bridge. Thankfully Wanderer and Scootaloo landed safely, but Wanderer sprained his ankle on the fall.

Scootaloo noticed almost immediately, "Are you alright? Your leg looks bad."

Wanderer didn't show pain on his face, "I don't care! We need to find our way back up there! Hey! Derpy! Do you know any safe way up?"

Derpy yelled back down, "There's a slope ahead of your position!"

Wanderer yelled in unison with Scootaloo, "That way isn't safe! There's humans in that direction!"

Derpy yelled in anger, "There is no better way!"

Wanderer looked across the ravine and saw incoming hostiles, "Incoming! Scoots, get down!" They get into cover, but cannot move due to many incoming arrows, "Looks like you're going to have to show off some speed for us, Scoots. Take this battle-saddle and go to the slope without me."

Scootaloo courageously smiled, "Nope! Time to defend my friend!" She came out of cover after every barrage of arrows to shoot an enemy, "Take that, you... you... I don't know what to call them..."

Wanderer and Scoots seem pretty screwed, so let's switch perspectives!

Derpy's Point of View

"Um... Derpy, we need to help Scootaloo!" Applebloom exclaimed, "I don't see any way out of that!"

Derpy looked down and said, "No I'm sure they'll be-"

Sweetie Belle chimed interestingly, "They have no chance of getting out of that situation. They're cornered by those humans, and even if Wanderer is shooting his bow with Scoots shooting her crossbow, they only slow them down."

Derpy looked at Sweetie Belle with a glare, "So they need some kind of help?"

Sweetie Belle pointed to the top of the wall and said, "We should get someone up there to focus fire on the area that Scoots and Wanderer are in."

Applebloom facehoofed, "That's never going to work! They shot at us when we were crossing the bridge!"

Derpy added, "Besides, how are we going to get the commander to do so when we have no clearance ourselves?"

Sweetie Belle insisted, "If we don't, then Scoots will die! And Wanderer-but mostly Scoots! Think about the kids!"

Derpy sighed in annoyance, "Alright! Let's find our way up."

On top of the ramparts, Derpy finds one of the most impulsive mares in Equestria, Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Rainbow!" Derpy said as she approached.

Rainbow Dash got a sudden look of fear in her eyes, "Derpy!? What are you doing here?" Derpy explained the situation Wanderer was in, "So you need me to divert some troops in his direction? Oh, Derpy Hooves..."

Sweetie Belle exclaimed, "Rainbow Dash! Scoots is down there too! The Cutie Mark Crusaders need to regroup, but she's cornered with Wanderer!"

"Scoots too? Alright, Derpy! That's seriously the last straw!" Rainbow yelled. She was turning a shade of red now, "First you broke the ballista, then you broke a section of the wall, and you put a filly's life in danger! I seriously have had enough of you! Your ditzyness is ruining the defense of Cantorlot!"

Wanderer was heard yelling, "Hey, if you haven't noticed, I'm still stuck! Send backup!"

Rainbow Dash pointed at the battlefield, "Then you took a human of unknown origin to Cantorlot! How can we trust you near our cities anymore? Leave, or I'll be forced to-"

Wanderer suddenly yelled, "Scootaloo! Stay down, there are too many out there! AHH!" His scream of pain lingered in the air for a brief moment, then he yelled, "I need medical attention for a filly, this isn't a joke! And would someone perhaps, GIVE ME SOME HELP!?"

Rainbow Dash's face turned frightened, "Scootaloo? No, I have to help them out!" She flew off towards the battlefield.
Back to Wanderer!

Wanderer was patching Scootaloo up after pulling out the arrow that had hit her flank, "You can't fight, alright? Let me see if I can get us out of this."

Scootaloo pointed towards a rainbow crossing overhead, "R-Rain...bow...D-Dash." She fainted.

Wanderer looked at the rainbow and saw a Pegasus diving towards him, she landed and asked, "Is she alright?" When Wanderer nodded she pulled out a... mini nyan cat? "Eat this. It'll heal all wounds and enable a state of super speed."Wanderer shrugged and ate it, it tasted like a cat and a piece of toast (I hope none of you know what that tastes like together. e_o (Eye twitch)). Suddenly an aura engulfed him and his leg was working properly, "Now the effects are hard to get used to, so just ease into-" Wanderer suddenly flashed over to a nearby human and stabbed him with the his own sword, "Them..."

Wanderer was killing humans left and right in a matter of seconds, but after about 10 kills he ran back to Scootaloo and picked her up, then ran into the ramparts, "Now that was probably the most fun I've had since I came here!"

Rainbow Dash finally caught up and said, "Wow, I've never seen that kind of reaction to a tyan cat. There really is something really strange about you."

Wanderer bowed and said, "Thanks for the compliment, but most of my speed came from this girl, who needs medical attention by the way." He whistles toward the infirmary, and two ponies came and took Scootaloo off in ten seconds flat.

Applebloom asked, "Hey, Rainbow Dash! The cutie mark crusaders need training, can you please get us some training after Scootaloo recovers?"

Rainbow Dash looked at her with disdain, "You need to stop this illusion that you're going to be major asset in the battle, Applebloom. You're not even old enough to properly carry a battle-saddle."

Derpy spoke up, "So... is the Doctor around?"

Rainbow Dash quickly answered, "Stop thinking about him! He's... not here anymore."

"Actually... I think you're wrong!" Wanderer objected to Rainbow Dash, "There's a contradiction in that statement." Wanderer pointed out.

"What?"

"Huh?"

"This is some kind of joke right?" Rainbow Dash replied, "You have evidence that I'm lying?"

"This is my evidence!" He pulls out a hat that used to belong to Applejack, "Guess who's hair I found in this hat?"

"Applejack's, so what?"

"Wrong! The hair in here wasn't blonde! It was brown!" Wanderer pointed out with precision.

Rainbow Dash jumped back in surprise, "What!? Where did you find the hat?"

Wanderer pointed toward the ravine, "Down there! There was an area near where I fell that held this hat. I don't see why you should keep lying Rainbow, the Doctor was wearing this hat whenever he had to go somewhere. If he has no disguise, then ponies would be all over him wanting to know why he started this travesty!"

Rainbow Dash sighed, "Fine, he's in Cantorlot, but I won't say anything more than that."

Wanderer asked, "One more question, why did he go places these days?"

Rainbow Dash replied, "He's trying to fix the D.J.D."

"That's all I wanted to know, thank you!" Wanderer walked off on his own, Derpy followed him while the crusaders went to check on Scootaloo. Dinky also followed, but was silent the whole way to their destination.

Cantorlot residential district

The trio was walking down the street, not paying any mind to anyone that approached them. Until a stallion stepped in front of them, "I-I want your money! Give it here!" He was holding a crossbow with his magic near Wanderer's head.

Wanderer didn't flinch, but Derpy stood behind him in fear, "Now, now... I think you'll do well to put that down." Wanderer looked around, "Besides, have you seen what they do to thieves in these parts?"

"SHUT UP! Now give me your money!" The stallion snapped.

"Well... I guess I can give you a lesson," Wanderer commented before he slid underneath the crossbows aim. He quickly grabs the crossbow and lets it go nearly the same moment after replacing the bolt, "You're using the wrong bolts, dude. The effectiveness of those is the same as me spitting."

The stallion fired the bolt, it was as Wanderer said, it was just a stick. The stallion checked a pouch and saw he had no bolts, "Y-You took my bolts?"

Wanderer gave them back, "Sell these instead of killing ponies and humans for money. It'll do you better to listen to what I say." Wanderer looked intensely at the stallion when saying: "Besides, killing me gives no merit here." Wanderer started walking toward the royal district.

Derpy and Dinky followed Wanderer as he left, "How come you didn't think he'd have shot you when you grabbed his crossbow?" Derpy asked plainly.

Wanderer answered plainly, "Because he wants money, and if he had a crossbow, then he could threaten anyone into giving him money..." He let out a long breath, "How much has this small war affected the ponies?"

"Well..." Derpy began, "I hear that all major cities in every country are much poorer because they have no arrows or bolts, so they have to buy most of them from here."

"Hey! Give us your money!" Yelled a pack leader of three humans, "If you don't, there'll be trouble..."

Wanderer pointed towards a market stand, "I left them in there."

"Don't be stupid! Give us your money!" They were approaching slowly. Dinky immediately hid behind a nearby weapon rack.

"Derpy, get out of here!" She flew away, one of the men chased after her, but the others stayed and fought Wanderer.

Time for a boss battle!!!!!

The leader threw a scimitar at Wanderer and said, "Let's fight like men! It is coward killing time!"

Wanderer caught the weapon and charged at the man, "This will be over shortly!" He swung the scimitar, but missed.

"Too slow kid! Now die!" The leader yelled as he swung a claymore.

Wanderer quickly rolled to avoid death, and successfully avoided it. Now was his chance to get an upper hand, but... the human draws a card? "What?"

"Sorry... but they paid me to do this." The card flashed violently in his hand, "Goodbye... Wanderer!"

Wanderer pushed the human, but it was too late. The human and Wanderer simply disappeared...
We should check on Derpy!

Using her wings to her advantage, she successfully got away from the human chasing her, but she couldn't tell where she had gone. "This is... the royal district? But that wasn't there before..." She said to herself when she noticed the giant portal in front of the palace stairway. None of the ponies acted like it was there, "Hey, what's that portal?"

"What portal? I hope you're not getting loopy, or perhaps you already are..."

How rude! Besides that, how can he not see the portal standing out in the open? The portal was in plain sight as Derpy said, but it wasn't seen by any onlookers.

What has happened to Wanderer? And Derpy for that matter? How is she the only pony that can see the portal? Am I just going to ask questions all the time in the next chapter? Find out next time... on Wanderer's journey!

Saving your game... while your game saves, how about a riddle?

Sam and his lawyer are in the jailhouse, the judge is not allowing bail, but Sam is allowed to leave. Why was he able to leave jail?

Answer correctly,

OR

Answer incorrectly,

OR

Just sit there in silence...

Author's Note:

There will be two chapters with the same number... one will be in Wanderer's perspective, and the other will be in Derpy's.