• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 1,608 Views, 2 Comments

A World Without Rainbow Dash - inacti



What would Ponyville be like if Rainbow Dash was never born?

  • ...
4
 2
 1,608

Fluttershy

It was a bright sunny day in cloudsdale, all the fillies were in training to graduate flying summer camp. The camp was yet to see many promising students, nothing interesting had happened in quite some time for them. A pale yellow filly with light pink hair and gorgeous aqua eyes was the worst of the bunch, she was older than most of the others yet she could scarcely fly at all.
Fluttershy stood by herself on a puff of cloud, looking into the air. She watched the other fillies and colts fly above her through hoops and racing each other at insane speeds. She sighed longingly, she wished she could join them. She fluttered her wings weakly trying to get through a hoop, but floundered, not even reaching the cloud at all. She tried once more and found herself sliding down the fluffy clouds, her mane flying behind her. She gasped as she was launched into the air, getting caught on a flag and falling into another bed of clouds. Two colts flew above her laughing hysterically at her lack of talent. They continued to taunt and laugh at the poor filly until she burst into tears.

She huddles herself into a cloud and passively let them taunt her until it was very late. Then she stood up and hid.

"Why . . . why . . . why . . ." Fluttershy sobbed into her hooves, she didn't understand why she was so useless.

She stayed there all night, not moving or sleeping. Her sobs drowning out any noise that sounded far below.

Years later

Fluttershy sat alone in the clouds, she watched the other pegasi flying overhead, a thing she had never learned to do. She wished she had, but she hadn't. Fluttershy walked into her cloud home, her cutie mark was non-existent, she was a pony without a talent, something rare in fully grown ponies. She looked out the window and glared up at those who had sent her into this downward spiral.

She was a very lonesome Pegasus, one who had never left her home. She was afraid of everypony. They all bullied her and still treated her like dirt they scraped off their hooves. She heard a knock on her door. She walked to the door, feeling droopy, knowing it was somepony who would mock her.

"Hi Fluttershy, here's your mail . . ." Derpy Hooves said, handing her a letter before flying off.

"Oh . . ." Fluttershy answered, reading her letter.

'Dearest Fluttershy,
We have been observing your behavior for the past several years, since you are unaware how to or refuse to fly, we request that you consider moving to Ponyville. As, without a functioning ability to fly, you could easily fall and get injured. We hope you consider moving to the ground, as it would be safer for you and we need the space your home takes up to house those who are on the weather team.'

Fluttershy dropped the letter and sobbed, she was a failure and everypony knew it.