• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 1,602 Views, 2 Comments

A World Without Rainbow Dash - inacti



What would Ponyville be like if Rainbow Dash was never born?

  • ...
4
 2
 1,602

Rarity Belle

It was the day of the dress rehearsal for the little Ponyville School play. Five little fillies danced on stage, wearing clothing designed by a pure white filly with dark purple hair and blues eyes by the name of Rarity. She stood backstage staring at the outfits in mild unease. Her teacher put her hoof on Rarity's shoulder and smiled.

"Rarity, your costumes are very nice," she said with a grin.

"Nice? They need to be spectacular and the performance is tomorrow!" Rarity whined, wanting something amazing to show her talent.

When Rarity reached home that evening she spent all her time sewing. She couldn't think of a single thing to do to make them perfect. The costumes weren't right. She was begging to lose all hope when her horn glowed brightly, dragging her out of the house and all across Ponyville to a mountain top. Where she spotted a large rock perched at the ledge. She stared at it in anger. Her talent was rocks? How could this be. Her horn couldn't be lying, that wasn't how it worked. She stared at the rock hoping something would happen. She sat down and touched it with her hoof. Nothing happened. Her talent was rocks, that was that. She decided the best thing to do was mine the rock to find whatever it was tht her horn had led her to.


Years later

Rarity stood at the doorstep of the Pie Family rock farm, she was here for a job interview today. She looked down at the pick and rock cutie mark she had grown so used to. A dark pink mare stepped through the doorway.

"Hello, my name is Pinkamina Diane, welcome to the family, your cutie mark is all the credentials we need," the mare stepped out, a pebble cutie mark on her flank, and long straight pink hair pulled back in a bun.

"Oh, okay, when can I start work?" Rarity asked, surprised at the sudden acceptance.

"Today is good, just go out and start movin' rocks to the other field and we'll pay you 20 bits an hour," Pinkamina said firmly.

"Okay mam' I'll get . . . right on . . . it" Rarity sighed, remembering her childhood aspirations that had never really hit.

She walked to the largest rock and began to push it to the far field, Pinkamina watched slowly, her eyes narrowed. Rarity was quite strong for her size, she had done a lot of movers work in Ponyville and was used to pushing heavy objects. But she still wanted most desperately for another chance, if only she hadn't given up her dream.