• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 4,121 Views, 311 Comments

A Black Belt in a Colorful Land - DismantledAccount



A martial artist wakes up in Equestria after suffering a concussion and he is not feeling the love... yet.

  • ...
34
 311
 4,121

Chapter 8.5: Night of Fashion

Chapter 8.5: Night of Fashion

After Being Smacked Painfully Against the Stairs, All of Them...

Applejack was being dragged out of the library towards Rarity's boutique. What have ah got myself into? she thought, as Rarity continued dragging her through the streets. "Rarity?" said Applejack, getting a little tired of being pulled around by magic.

"Yes, darling?" replied Rarity, not slowing.

"Yah know ahm the Element of Honesty an all, right?" said Applejack.

"How could I forget? But what does that have to do with anything even remotely relevant?"said Rarity, still dragging Applejack.

"Well, ya'll are yanking me around like a foal with a puppy, expecting me to go back on mah word or somethin'," said Applejack, still being dragged, "And mah legs work much faster than your magic."

"...Quite right, darling," said Rarity, relaxing her hold on Applejack.

"Thank ya, Rarity," Applejack said sarcastically, regaining her footing.

"Oh look, we are here already, that was fast," said Rarity, almost sprinting into the boutique.

For you maybe, because you wern't bein' dragged all the way here, thought Applejack, walking into the boutique. She was greeted with the sight of Rarity using her magic on just about every article of clothing or fabric in the workshop area.

"Do come in, darling, and stand right over here so we can get started," said Rarity, motioning to her small stage surrounded by mirrors.

"I'll be there in a minute," Applejack said, walking over to Rarity's hat rack. "Alright little guy, I know you're scared, 'cuz I am too," Applejack said, stroking Stetson, her hat.

"..." said Stetson.

"But I need you to stay here an' be safe, there's no tellin' what Rarity will do t' yah in this state," said Applejack.

"..." said Stetson.

"No, I don't know how long I'll be, ya just hafta be strong an' wait here," said Applejack, placing her hat on Rarity's hat rack.

"..." said Stetson.

"I promise I'll come back, you jus stay here and I'll come and get you after all of my dignity has been stripped away." said Applejack.

"..." said Stetson.

"Oh, Applllejaaaack...." Rarity called, from the whirlwind of clothing.

"..." said Stetson.

"I know she's really scary, but ah gave my word," Applejack said, petting her hat lovingly. She kissed the brim of her hat with tears in her eyes and whispered, "Wait for me," before turning around and walking toward the maelstrom of magnificence that is Rarity on fashion.

Hot damn, thought Stetson, Was it something I said?

Applejack walked onto Rarity's stage and was immediately shoved into a dress that could only be described as a large black bag covered in glitter.

"No, too baggy," Rarity muttered, "Baggy hasn't been in season for weeks now..."

Rarity pulled the huge dress off of Applejack and said, "Lets try this one on." She pulled a modest, blue gown that looked like it had been made from water and put it on Applejack. "No, no, no!" she said, seeming more than a little frustrated, "That just won't do."

"I don't think it looks bad, Rarity," said Applejack looking at herself in the mirror, "I even kinda like-"

"No," interrupted Rarity. "Its ugly, and do you know why?" she asked.

"Um... no?"

"Because, nopony else is wearing it," said Rarity, tossing the dress into some corner of the room.

Up next was a skimpy, purple spandex two piece, it was so snug that Applejack lost all feeling in her legs immediately after it was put on her.

"Ca... n't... bre...nee... air..." gasped out Applejack.

"Too sexy," muttered Rarity. "It makes you look like a walking pair of flanks..." she continued, tapping her hoof to her chin. "Or maybe its not sexy enough..."

"Hel... ple... air..." gasped Applejack, while turning blue on the face.

"I got it!" Rarity exclaimed, sliding the spandex off of Applejack with an audible *Pop.*

Applejack coughed and sputtered for a minute before she managed to get her breathing under control. Now how she managed to get that on me in the first place ah'll never know.

"Are you okay, darling?" Rarity asked, while glaring at the clothing floating around her, looking for an elusive item.

"Jus' peachy," she said sarcastically, wiping the spit from her lips.

"That's good," said Rarity, completely missing the sarcasm. "Ah, here it is!" she exclaimed.

"Rarity."

"Yes, Applejack?"

"That's a thong."

"Why yes, yes it is," said Rarity, floating the red, shiny, revealing garment closer. "Now just stand still..."

"I ain't wearin' no thong," said Applejack.

"But why?" Rarity whined. "Sexy is always in fashion!" she said, with a rather crazed look in her eyes.

"Ahm gonna be going now... so see y'all later," said Applejack, tuning around and starting to walk away slowly.

"Oh no you don't!" yelled Rarity. "You promised to model for me, and that's what you're going to do," said Rarity, as she wrapped her magic around Applejack's tail and started pulling her back to the stage.

"Somepony, anypony, help! Stetson, help me!" shouted Applejack, struggling futility against Rarity's magic.

"I'm going to make you so pretty, Applejack!" Rarity crackled. "Nopony will be able to withstand your beauty, and more importantly, I will make sure your look will be forever fashionable," Rarity's crazy laughter became a sultry purr by the end of her declaration.

"Help me Stet-mumph!" said Applejack, Rarity having tied a ribbon around her muzzle.

"Shhhhh...." said Rarity, levitating the thong closer. "You know I can't work with distractions," she whispered.

"Heelh," Applejack said through her nose. There goes my dignity, thought Applejack, as she felt Rarity slide the thong on.

"No! No! No!" Rarity screeched, ripping of the thong. "What was I thinking? Those won't be in style for months," she said, sounding depressed.

Applejack pulled the ribbon off her muzzle and said, "I need t' be gettin' home now, you know how it is. Havin' to wake up earliy for the farm an' all."

*Click* went the door, locking her in with Rarity.

"Oh, I don't think so... you're not going anywhere until I find a dress that always fashionable," purred Rarity, pulling out another dress.

"Horseapples," muttered Applejack, deciding that it wasn't worth breaking Rarity's door over, she turned around and subjected herself to another dissatisfying dress. At this rate ahm gonna be here till morning, Applejack thought, sincerely hoping it wouldn't take much longer but knowing that it would.

Sucks to be you! thought Stetson.

Author's Note:

This chapter was inspired by PickleSurprise's comment.

Haha, seeing Rarity having a mental breakdown after hearing Fashion being talked down about to such a degree is awesome!:rainbowlaugh:

So blame him.
I couldn't get the idea out of my head and it helped with the Writers Block. PickleSuprise, this is, All. Your. Fault.

How do you fall asleep at night knowing that?