• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 4,230 Views, 195 Comments

Trixie's New Big Red Life - Captain-Brony



After the Ursa Minor incident, Trixie's life has been going downhill. And just as she thinks she's hit rock bottom she meets a rather large red earth pony who offers her a place to stay.

  • ...
11
 195
 4,230

Chapter 8

To say that Trixie was in a bad mood would be an understatement, she had never been more annoyed or more aggravated in her entire life. When she woke up this morning she had a very embarrassing surprise waiting for her. She wasn't sure how it happened, but she certainly couldn't let the Apple Family see her like this, especially Big Macintosh.

Apple Bloom would most likely never stop laughing, she doubted Applejack would ever let her live it down, she didn't want to think about Big Macintosh's reaction, and Granny Smith would…well actually she hadn't had a lot of interaction with Granny Smith, not while she was awake anyways.

Thankfully she was able to sneak off their property without any of them seeing her in her new… 'condition'. However, everypony in town was able to see her as plain as day, there was nothing she could do about it except suck it up and try to get to Twilight's library pdq.

She had to walk past all the ponies who snickered or were awestruck by her appearance but she finally came upon Twilight's home. She heaved a heavy sigh and knocked on the door.

To her dismay, Twilight Sparkle wasn't the one who answered the door, it was her assistant, Spike.

One look at Trixie and Spike was already biting his lower lip to fight back the laughter, but soon enough he was rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

This was due to the fact that from her flank down Trixie's backside had become enlarged and disproportionate to the rest of her body.

"It isn't funny!!" roared Trixie.

"HA!! HA!!! Oh I'm sorry 'Kicksie', did you say something? HA!! HA!! HA!!! I was too distracted by your backside to hear anything!!"

"Just get Twilight out here!!" demanded Trixie.

Spike managed to calm himself down and get up off the floor while wiping away a tear from all the laughter. "Okay, I'll go get her, come on inside and make yourself at home."

Trixie tried to get in through the doorway but her flank got stuck.

Spike covered his mouth both hands to keep himself from laughing.

"Should I go get the butter?" snickered Spike.

"Just get Sparkle over here!"

But such an action proved unnecessary as Twilight arrived all by herself.

"What's with all the noise over here? I was busy reading my book about…" The sight of Trixie having her rump stuck in the doorway cut Twilight off mid-sentence.

"Oh my goodness, Trixie, what happened?!"

"That's what Trixie would like to know!" snarled Trixie. "I went to bed having nothing but sweet dreams and soft pillows and when I woke up, I looked like this! Thankfully Trixie was able to sneak out of Sweet Apple Acres without being seen by Big Macin-I mean anypony!!"

Spike's eyelids lowered halfway. "Uh-Huh. Sure you do."

"Well I can't very well diagnose what's wrong with you with you in my doorway now can I? Come on in and we'll take a look at you."

Once again Trixie tried to move but the door way wouldn't let her budge.

"Want me to go get the butter now?" Spike giggled.

"Just help me!!" roared Trixie.

Spike slipped underneath her and started to push her in from the other side. It took a moment longer than either expected but eventually she popped out of the doorway…and right on to the floor.

"Told you, we should have gotten the butter."

Trixie said nothing but glared at the baby dragon as Twilight came back with a magnifying glass.

"Alright now hold still." Twilight brought the magnifying glass over to where Trixie's lower half just started to expand and smiled.

"Oh, you're in luck Trixie, I know exactly what happened to you."

Trixie raised an eyebrow at her, genuinely surprised. "Wow. Really?"

"Yes. Me and my friends all had what you have a while back."

"You all had swollen bottoms?"

"Well, no…See you've come in contact with a plant called Poison Joke. Instead of leaving a rash, it effects your body physically as if it were playing a joke on you."

"A joke?! Well the Great and Powerful Trixie isn't laughing!"

"I am." chuckled Spike.

Both unicorns glared at Spike, silencing him.

Trixie stood up, albeit awkwardly, and asked. "Well how do I get rid of it?!"

"A bubble bath with the right ingredients is all you need. And lucky for you, the spa runs a special on it."

"Really? Are you serious?"

"Yes. I should know, it's how my friends and I got rid of our Poison Joke symptoms."

Trixie smiled timidly. "What happened to you?"

Twilight blushed a little at the memory. "Oh. Um well my horn kind of became useless."

"She was Twilimp Flopple." laughed Spike.

Twilight glared at the baby dragon who shrunk slightly. "What? I had time to think up a nickname."

"Anyways…" Twilight said with one final glare at her assistant. "All we need to do is get you down there to the spa and you'll be back to normal before you know it."

Trixie's smile got a little bigger. "You mean it?"

"I promise. I'll even pay for you, let's go."

Trixie followed Twilight out the door, or at least she tried to, she got stuck once again.

Spike slapped his hands over his mouth in an attempt to keep himself from laughing hysterically.

"Now, do you want me to go get the bu…"

"Enough with the butter!" Trixie shouted.
--

After a few efforts they finally got her out of the doorway, but that didn't stop ponies from whispering behind Trixie's back. Some weren't even that good at keeping their comments to themselves.

Two particular ponies, had taken even more notice of the unicorn's looks, they're names were Lyra and Bonbon.

"Oh my clop, look at her flank, it is so big."

"Shut up!" Trixie snapped. However, deep down Trixie really knew she couldn't blame them, her new appearance had also given her an awkward walk, she had to swing her hind legs in order to move them forward.

She tried her best not to think about how ridiculous she must have looked.

"How much farther, Twilight Sparkle?" asked Trixie.

"It won't be long now, and you can just call me Twilight. All my friends do."

Trixie wobbled a little faster to look Twilight in the face, which to the outside looking in actually appeared very comical. "Are you saying you consider me a 'friend'?"

"I see no reason why not." she replied.

"Why?" was all Trixie could get out without falling down at her new paste.

"You're trying to become a better pony, Trixie. And I can't help but admire that, and I'd like to consider myself one of your friends."

Twilight stopped suddenly and Trixie's luck ran out making her crash. Trixie stared up at the unusual expression Twilight had on her face.

"You do want to be friends right?"

Twilight's face was so filled with concern on whether or not she was valued as her friend Trixie knew that if she said 'no' it would hurt her feelings, but what was surprising to her was that Trixie discovered she actually cared about that. However, her pride was a stubborn thing so instead she nodded silently at her.

Twilight must have liked this answer because soon she helping her up.

"What in the hay?!"

Trixie froze, that voice from behind sounded like Applejack. She slowly craned her neck around to see the blonde Earth pony staring at her with her mouth ajar.

Then she started rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

Trixie sighed. "This day is going to get worse before it gets any better, isn't it?"

"Most likely." added Spike.

"I was talking to myself!" snapped Trixie.

"You can talk to yourself all you want, that isn't going to make you look any better." Spike replied.

Applejack finally stopped laughing and managed to walk over to them with just a giggle.

"And to think Big Macintosh was all worried about you being missin'. Then again if my flank looked like yours Ah'd high tail it too."

A small blush crossed Trixie's face. "He was…worried?"

"Well of course. Ya left without one word to us!"

Spike suddenly started lurching forward until finally he burped out a small green flame which turned in to a scroll.

"What the buck?" asked Trixie.

"That there is a letter from Princess Celestia herself." explained Applejack.

"Oh. Right, Trixie keeps forgetting Twilight is the student of the Princess."

Spike looked up to Twilight who was busy reading it. "What's it say?"

Twilight smiled and rolled up the scroll. "It's just some homework. She wants me to try out some transformation spells and then tell her how well I did with them."

"Homework?" queried Applejack.

"Well yes, I am her student after all. What, did you think I was only suppose to learn about friendship and ignore all my other studies?"

The earth pony silently hid behind her hat. "Uuuuuhh…"

"You seriously thought that, didn't you?" accused Twilight.

"Yes. Yes, Ah did." Applejack shamefully replied.

"Well in any case I need to take care of this right away. Did you think you could take Trixie to the spa to get rid of her poison joke symptom?"

"Is that what happened to her? Figures. But why in the hay do Ah have to take her to the spa? Ah mean Ah'd have to cut right through the town sq...." Applejack cut herself off when an idea hit her mind which slowly made a mischievous smile starts to cross her face. "Sure thing, Twilight. Ah'll get her over there faster than you can say 'Appleseed'."

Twilight seemed oblivious to Applejack's hidden intentions and beamed happily.

"I knew I could count on you. Come along Spike, there's a lot of homework to do."

As Twilight left with Spike, Trixie shrunk slightly under Applejack's almost evil smile.

"T-The Great and Powerful Trixie... doesn't like how you're smiling at her."

"Don't worry about it, Trixie. Ah'll lead you to the spa, just be sure follow me."

Trixie did as Applejack said and it was everything she expected. Ponies pointed, they laughed, they called her names, but for some reason Applejack wasn't smiling as much as either of them thought she would.

Finally they came across a catery called Sugar Cube Corner.

"This isn't the spa either, is it?" Trixie asked.

"Just hold your horses, Ah got some business to take care of."

Applejack went inside where she found Pinkie Pie sitting at the counter, who waved at her happily.

"Hi Applejack! The Cakes are out visiting Nurse Red Heart to see if Mrs. Cake is pregnant or not so I'm running Sugar Cube Corner all by myself."

"That's great Pinkie, I'm real happy fer ya. But Ah can in here for some advice, if you can believe it."

"Advice? Like how to bake muffins, because I gotta tell you the Cakes have banned you for life from their kitchen after the last time you tried to 'bake' in there."

"No surprise there, but that's not why Ah'm here. Ya see a while back this boastin hoity toity unicorn came to town braggin she was the best unicorn in all of Equestria, she even challenged me an a couple of our friends to try and out do her. She humiliated all of us, but now her come upons have finally arrived…she's suffer'n, and Ah don't like it anywhere near as much as Ah thought would. In fact, Ah think Ah might actually be feelin' sorry for her. But why?"

Pinkie Pie stared out blankly as she processed everything Applejack just said in her head. Finally, she seemed to have come to a conclusion and put a supportive hoof on Applejack's shoulder.

"Well it's obvious, you're not enjoying it because you're not a jerk."

"Beg pardon?"

"Well only a Meanie McMeanerpants would enjoy watching another pony suffer. You're too much of a good pony to enjoy something like."

Pinkie Pie's words hit Applejack like a bolt of lightning, it all made sense now. Applejack pulled her friend in, and gave her a grateful hug.

"Thanks Pinkie, now Ah now exactly what to do."

Pinkie Pie wasn't entirely sure what was going on but she simply shrugged and hugged back.

Outside Applejack found Trixie waiting for her, looking completely miserable. "Where to next? Are you going to take the Great and Swollen Trixie to the mayor so she can make it 'Laugh At Trixie Day'?"

"Nope. Reckon you've had enough. This time Ah promise to you on my love of my farm, Ah will get you to that spa right away."

Trixie gave her a dubious look. "Why should I trust you?"

Applejack took off her hat and gave her a sincere stare. "Because Ah aint done right by you. And Ah'm gonna set it straight no matter what."

"Trixie isn't sure why, but the Great and Powerful Trixie believes you."

Applejack smiled upon hearing this. "It's because Ah'm sorry. Truly and sincerely."

--

A blue pony with pink hair and a pink pony with blue hair sadly swept the floors, their names were Lotus and Aloe. They ran the local spa in Ponyville, usually business was pretty good, especially with customers like Rarity, but today seemed rather slow.

The ringing sound of the counter bell immediately perked up their spirits as they dashed over to the counter where they saw Applejack and Trixie.

"Oh my, that unicorn…poison joke?"

"That's right Lotus. One bubble bath special, on me."

Applejack handed her eight bits and Trixie was led away by the two ponies to a giant tub already filled with water. The bath itself was simple enough, she would get in, Lotus and Aloe would add in special minced herbs. Then the bubbles would start, and Trixie was in paradise.

Her lower half shrunk back down to it's regular size and Trixie rested her head back along the edge of the tub.

Applejack walked up the stairs of the tub and smiled. "Well aint you as pleased as a rabbit in a carrot factory. Ah got a peace offerin' fer ya."

Applejack went over to a nearby table and placed a ticket on it from her hat.

"It's a ticket to Apple Family Reunion. It's tomorrow, me and Pinkie Pie spent the whole day settin' it up because it's gonna be our hundredth. Only members of the Apple Family and invited guests are allowed to attend. With this you can attend the reunion with the rest of this."

"And…you want 'me' there? You won't get all upset?"

"Just as long as you promise not to call anypony a hayseed."

"Sounds reasonable enough…" she turned to the pony and gave her a genuine smile. "Applejack."

Applejack tipped her hat in response. "Ah'll let you enjoy your bath and see you back at the farm."

"See you at home then." Trixie waved.

Applejack froze in her steps and looked back at Trixie, the unicorn seemed completely unaware that she referred to Sweet Apple Acres as her home.
--

Trixie was lying on her bed working on one of the spells she learned from her checked out library books. In front of her, resting on her pillow was a rusted old spoon. She lit up her horn with a color that matched that of her cutie mark and started to focus on the spoon. In a flash all the rust disappeared off of the spoon, before immediately coming back.

"Hmm…it's not much, but at least it's progress."

A knock on her door snapped Trixie out of her thoughts. Trixie got the door to see Big Macintosh was on the other side wearing a satchel. Trixie was becoming progressively more aware of her feelings for him, so with him standing right in front of her she couldn't help but blush.

"Ah understand you've had a bad day."

"Who told you!?" Trixie snarled. "It was Applejack wasn't it?! Peace offering my fat…"

"Whoa there!" Big Macintosh held up his hoof cutting her off. "Twilight told me this, and all she said was that today was particularly rough for ya."

"Oh…" Was all Trixie could say.

"So anyways, I figured you could use some help cheerin up so I dug this out of my trunk."

He dug in to his satchel and handed her a jar filled up with some kind of rainbow stuff.

"That there is an Apple Family delicacy. Zap Apple Jam, I always keep a spare jar fer mahself in case I get a hankerin fer it. Here."

He reached in to the other side of the satchel and dug out a spoon. He handed it to her saying "Try some."

To be perfectly honest, Trixie wasn't sure what to make of it, but she opened the jar anyways and ate a spoonfull. Her eyes shot open and she took the now empty spoon out of her mouth with a smile.

"Wow…"

Big Macintosh matched her smile with his own. "Eeyup. Pretty good, huh? Put a smile on anypony's face."

Trixie couldn't seem to find her voice at the moment so she just nodded…with a face that was getting redder by the second.

"Rest up, tomorrow is sure to be a hoe down nopony will ever forget. Hope to see ya there."

He walked back to the stairs leaving Trixie with a bright blush, and a smile she would
probably never admit to.

Omake

Gilda walked up to Trixie who was sitting on the porch with Granny Smith who was taking a nap.

"Hi, my name is Gilda, and I understand that you are aslo an outcast, so I was thinking..."

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGH!!! THE RADDLERS' BACK!!!" Granny Smith suddenly starts whacking Gilda's tail with her cane. "IT WANTS TO PUT IT'S VENOM IN MY VAINS!!!"

Gilda grabs her tail and glares at Granny "That's my TAIL, you MORON!!"

"Oh......................................THE RADDLER IS ATTACHED TO A GRIFFON!!!"

Granny Smith starts to beat Gilda over the head with her cane.

Author's Note:

No Gilda isn't really going to be in the rest of the story, I put her in the omake for laughs and that's it. I do hope you enjoyed the chapter though