• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 12,888 Views, 64 Comments

Secrets of Spike - yodajax10



Just how does Spike feel about his pony friends? How does he see them?

  • ...
10
 64
 12,888

Fluttershy

"And thanks to Pinkie Pie, I was feeling much better. I wish I would've gone to Canterlot to celebrate Twilight's birthday, but at least I had an awesome day with Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie Pie got a little teared up when she read that part in Spike's diary. "Oh, Spikey!" said Pinkie Pie, wiping her tears.

"That was pretty nice of Spike." said Twilight. "So can we put the diary away now?"

"Alright," said Pinkie Pie. Before she could put it away, the door opened revealing Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity, along with Jiminy Cricket who was on Applejack's back.

"Hello, girls." said Rarity.

"Hi," said Twilight.

"We were on our way to get some dinner," said Applejack. "We wanted to see if y'all could join us."

"Sure," said Twilight.

"All right!" said Pinkie Pie. Before they could get ready, Rainbow Dash looked and saw what Pinkie Pie was holding. "What's that?" said Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, this is Spike's diary!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Which we're putting away." said Twilight, raising an eyebrow to Pinkie Pie.

"What were you girls doing with it?" said Rainbow Dash taking the diary.

"We were gonna put it away after Pinkie Pie saw what Spike wrote about her." said Twilight.

"Hey, Fluttershy!" said Rainbow Dash. "Here's something about you!"

"Oh, I couldn't." said Fluttershy. "I wouldn't want to look in his private diary." Either way, Rainbow Dash still read.

"Now that I've talked about Pinkie Pie, I wanna talk about Fluttershy. Ever since I met her, she became like a second mother to me. When she first met me, she cradled me in her arms when she thought I was tired. Twilight may have thought it was odd, but I felt kind of warm and tender in Fluttershy's arms.

Fluttershy blushed when she heard that.

And despite being shy, she always looks out for us, saving the gang from a dragon and saving Twilight from a cockatrice. But the night I remember her being there for me the most was a week ago when she watched me in her cottage when Twilight had to do some Princess duties.

"Oh, I remember that!" said Fluttershy. "It was a wonderful night."

It was nighttime in Ponyville as Fluttershy was tucking in her animal friends for the night. She was about to go up to her room but noticed Iago was at the doorstep of her bedroom. "Iago?" Fluttershy asked. "What is it?"

"Maybe you can handle this." said Iago as he let Fluttershy open the door. Fluttershy opened the door and saw Spike staring out the window. She noticed that Spike's eyes were a little watery.

"Spike?" said Fluttershy. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, hey Fluttershy." said Spike. "It's nothing, but..."

Tears started welling up in Spike's eyes again as Fluttershy stood by him.

"I'm scared." said Spike. Fluttershy looked confused but still concerned of the little dragon.

"It's just that now that Twilight's a princess," said Spike. "She won't need me anymore. I've been her assistant for as long as I can remember, but Princesses like her have many servants and assistants. I don't know, it's just that I feel so...alone."

Spike started to cry, but Fluttershy pulled the poor, scared little dragon in for a hug.

"Shh," Fluttershy said. "It's okay. It's okay." She wiped Spike's tears from his eyes and Spike looked up to Fluttershy. "You don't have to worry." said Fluttershy. "Twilight still loves you very much. And you will always be her assistant, and she'll always be there for you."

Spike smiled at Fluttershy as he shared another hug with Fluttershy. "Thanks." He said. Spike started to yawn a little as Fluttershy still held him. She then began to sing a lullaby.

Fluttershy: Hush now, quiet now,
It's time to lay your sleepy head.
Hush now, quiet now,
It's time to go to bed.
Drifting off to sleep to leave the exciting day behind you,
Drifting off to sleep, let the joy of dreamland find you.
Hush now, quiet now,
It's time to lay your sleepy head,
Hush now, quiet now,
It's time to go to bed.

She was about to put Spike in his little bed, but she noticed that Spike snuggled into her fur. She smiled at Spike as she got in bed, letting Spike sleep with her. She kissed Spike on the forehead and put her arm around the dragon keeping him warm and tender, like the first time they met.