• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 12,854 Views, 64 Comments

Secrets of Spike - yodajax10



Just how does Spike feel about his pony friends? How does he see them?

  • ...
10
 64
 12,854

Twilight and Ending

I truly care for Rarity with all my heart, but I guess telling her about it will have to wait someday."

Rarity felt tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh, my little Spikey-Wikey!" said Rarity, as she wiped her eyes.

"Looks like the only one left is you Twilight." said Applejack looking at Twilight.

"Oh, I already know how he feels." said Twilight. "He's my number one assistant and friend."

Applejack was looking in the diary as her eyes widened. "Oh my," She said.

"What?" said Twilight.

"Oh my goodness." said Applejack as she teared up a bit.

"What does it say?" asked Twilight.

"Here, Twi." said Applejack, smiling as she handed Twilight the diary. "Ah think you should read it."

Twilight looked in the diary and read.

Now it's time to move on to Twilight. Remember how I said Fluttershy is like a second mother to me? Well, it might sound strange but...Twilight is like my first.

Twilight's eyes widened as she held her hoof to her mouth in shock. All the ponies and Jiminy were also surprised. Twilight then continued to read, not knowing of the water starting to form in her eyes.

I know it may sound silly since Twilight's a unicorn and I'm a dragon. But she hatched me when I was just an egg. And she's always been there for me ever since. The more I thought about it, she's like the mother I never had. There was last mother's day when I wanted to tell her that.

Twilight Sparkle had just said goodbye to her mother Twilight Velvet, for she along with Spike had spent the day with her. As Twilight and Spike walked inside, Twilight turned to Spike.

"Did you have a great time, Spike?" said Twilight.

"Yeah, but, uh..." said Spike. Twilight then knew Spike was hiding something.

"Spike," said Twilight, suspiciously. "What have you got there?"

Spike then pulled out a golden necklace. In the center of the necklace was something that looked almost like Twilight's cutie mark.

"Spike," said Twilight, very touched. "It's beautiful. But why?"

Spike was about to say something. But then he stopped. He just couldn't say it.

"Just wanted to do something nice for ya." said Spike.

"Well, I really appreciate your gift Spike." said Twilight as she gave Spike a light hug. "Thank you."

"No problem." said Spike. He then walked upstairs as he let out a silent sigh.

I thought about telling Twilight right there, but I was too scared and nervous to see how Twilight was going to react. I just really don't know how she feels about me.

Tears were flowing from Twilight's wide eyes while reading. The ponies and Jiminy were all crying from what Twilight read from Spike's diary.

"We need to tell Spike about this." said Twilight, wiping her tears.

"Are you kidding?" said Rainbow Dash. "Spike would be so upset if we found out we read his secret diary!"

"I don't think he will when he sees what he read." said Twilight. "Jiminy? I need you to write something in Spike's diary for us."

"Sure thing." said Jiminy. He picked up a quill and dipped it a little in the ink.

"Dear Spike," Twilight started.

A while later, Jiminy finished up what Twilight and the other ponies had to say.

"Oh my goodness!" said Fluttershy. "Spike's coming home!" All the ponies and Jiminy hid upstairs while Twilight still remained in the library. Spike then walked inside the library and saw Twilight dusting the library.

"Twilight?" said Spike.

"Oh, hey Spike!" said Twilight. "I'm just cleaning up the library! I just need to dust upstairs and I'll be finished!" Twilgith then hid upstairs with her friends as Spike looked confused as he saw his journal on the desk he worked on.

Spike picked up his diary and saw on the next page after the one he left off and read. He also didn't notice the ponies and Jiminy sneaking downstairs and watching him read.

"Dear Spike, Before you say anything, we are very sorry we looked in your diary. It accidentally came across us and accidentally happened to see what was inside. And about what we read, you don't have to be scared. How you feel is understandable. That's why we want you to come with us on Family Appreciation Day tomorrow. We all love you Spike.

Love Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Mom

"Mom?" Spike said as he read that part, confused. Spike then realized something. He started to get teared up while having the biggest smile he could ever make.

"Spike?" said a voice Spike knew. He turned and saw the six ponies and Jiminy all smiling. Twilight, who had tears streaming from her eyes had her arms open. Spike smiled happily as he ran into Twilight's embrace while crying tears of happiness.

The ponies all joined Spike for a hug as Jiminy watched happily. Jiminy then said. "I guess in the end, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life."

THE END

Comments ( 25 )

Lol, Lion King reference :rainbowlaugh:

Cute little fic. Short and to the point, but all the detail we needed was given, I thoroughly enjoyed it :) And bonus points for publishing all six chapters in the same day :twilightsmile:

Liked and faved.

Beautifully done. The ending's ending's a little, cheesy, but excellent all the same. :moustache:

You left me blubbering like a baby with this final chapter, but it is happy tears my friend. :fluttercry: Save the best for last with Spike's feelings for Twilight. :twilightblush: I don't care what anyone says I believe that Twilight is like a mother to Spike. :heart: You have touched my heart with this entire story, and I put it at the top of my Spike fan fic list. :fluttercry:

it was a good! the reason I was put off of it was simple, I HATE JIMINY CRICKET even with that though, like and fav

:moustache:This fic probably just saved me from severe depression after a few darker, evil fics that I had neglected for a while... Now I'm happy again!:heart:

Nooooooooooo! How to change the thumbs up so that he was not there?
I liked the story of to this chapter, but I hate Twilight as the mother Spike, yet i do not want down.

Wow good story nice ending i say so.

AL

WOOOOOOOOOW ;A; niceeeee job

What do I think of this story? i.imgur.com/BMref3C.gif

The Disney references were distracting and maybe ooc for Rainbow (Using Twilight's name in a threat), but hey your story your rules and it was enjoyable. Keep writing.

Well, Although the writing was a bit too fast and To be honest Jiminy Cricket kind of broke my balls, I really enjoyed this, especially the Mom detail, oh that made my day, keep writing

This was sweet but I dont understand why jiminy cricket was in it, or what significance he held. :rainbowhuh:

good story but was jiminey necessary? like at all?

Comment posted by yodajax10 deleted Nov 27th, 2013

I honestly think this would've been a great story if A) it had been built up a touch more and B) ya hadn't decided to add a Crossover Tag for no discernible reason other than a couple of characters who had no real bearing in the story. (also as a side note, Jiminy struck me as Out-of-Character. It would be one thing for him to say not to do this until he came across an entry about him, but on the whole the story could've done without him.)

5167857
That, my friend, is an excellent question! He's supposed to be the conscience of a character, but in this he didn't act like it. It left me confused, but, other than that, the story was well written. :pinkiehappy:

Maybe it was another Jimmy Cricket. Still, Beautiful Story.
derpicdn.net/img/2015/4/26/882948/large.png

:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry: its so beautiful :pinkiesad2:*sniffle*

5726343 I'm pretty sure he is there because none of the ponies have fingers to write.But twi and rarity could just use magic.so I have no idea why.

Have to admit, most of the story is pretty so-so, but that "and Mom" bit sells it, somehow.

Login or register to comment