• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 736 Views, 5 Comments

The Poncho Chronicles II: South Beach - BRyeMC



After escaping from Charles and Phaselus Civilis, Poncho and his pals end up in South Beach. However, instead of a normal vacation, another situation threatens the group, zombies. Will the group ever return home?

  • ...
8
 5
 736

Ravenous Game

Once everyone woke up the next morning, they all decided to go back to the cafeteria and get some free breakfast. When everybody got their food, Tyrone proclaimed what he wanted to do that day.

“Yo dudes, we should go see a Miami Flamers game. They are playin’ the Chicolto Phulls at one.” Most of the guys agreed, with Poncho being the only exception.

“I don’t know...I really don’t like basketball. Can’t we just relax for the next few days?”

“What are you talking about Poncho?” said Cannon, “baseketball is relaxing!” Cannon and Tyrone both went on saying examples on why basketball was indeed relaxing. After a few minutes of pointless banter, Poncho stood up.

“I’m not going to go with you guys. I’d rather go to the beach.”

"Shit pussies say?" said Sticky as he began coughing.

“The beach?!” said Twilight, “We’d love to go to the beach, right girls?” Her friends all shouted with glee.

“Alright, fine, you girls go to the beach then,” said Cannon, “we’ll enjoy the game without you.”

“Hey, you forgot that I’m going,” said Poncho, “you said girls and not girls and Poncho.”

Cannon looked at him sternly. “You know what I said.”

At noon, all the guys, except Poncho, met in the lobby. They were all decked out in jerseys of the players for the Phulls or Flamers they bought in the lobby of the hotel. Tyrone had a matching hat and necklace with a chain for his jersey. After everyone was ready to leave, they took the bus to the stadium from the hotel.

“Let’s try to get courtside seats,” yelled Cannon over the noise of the thousands of other basketball fans outside the stadium. All of the guys agreed and went to the ticket booth. After waiting for half an hour, they bought the tickets, which happened to be on sale that day, and entered the stadium and proceeded to take their seats.

When the group sat down, the Flamers were still participating in shootarounds. Every time LeBrony James missed, which was every shot, all but Jeb would yell at him. Clyde noticed this and asked “Hey Jeb, why aren’t you helping us make fun of LeBrony? Don't tell me you're a fan of his game.”

“He is trying really hard out there and I don’t think he’s that bad” answered Jeb.

“Shiiiieeettt man, shut up dumbass, he’s terrible,” retorted Tyrone. This made Jeb silent, realizing that he was wrong.

As the Flamers were going into the locker room, the group continued to tell LeBrony how terrible he is. He then turned them and started to break down, “Stooooooppp it,” he cried, “It’s not my fault I’m terrible.”

The group laughed at him as he went into the locker room, nearly in tears. The guys talked amongst themselves until the two teams came back out onto the court. The Phulls fans in the crowd and some Flamers fans got crazy when Nikola Splashovic, or Nikki Splash for short, came onto the court. He was the reigning league MVP, so most people really liked him. The Phulls also had the former league MVP, Verrick Lily, or better known as “V Lily”, sitting on the bench. Due to an injury in last year’s playoffs, V Lily had to sit out for the whole postseason. He was cleared to play this game, but decided not to, as he was mentally “not ready”. He watched Nikki dunk and do crazy layups from the bench in awe. Nikki was Tyrone, Rivs, and Sticky’s favorite player. They tried to call him over, but to no avail, as he ignored them. They still retained their level of excitement into the start of the game.

The Phulls won the tip off and the ball went to Nikki, who was the point guard. He drove down the court and made a three, at which time, a splashing noise played throughout the arena. This excited the Phulls fans, who started chanting Nikki. The Flamers took the ball and gave it to LeBrony, which was a big mistake. He tripped over air and just threw the ball towards the basket. This same pattern continued for most of the game, which ended with a score of 123-37, with the Phulls obviously winning. As Tyrone, Rivs, and Sticky went to get Mr. Splash’s autograph, the group took the opportunity to make fun of LeBrony again. They did this until he ran into the locker room crying.

After Tyrone and the others got their autographs, they decided it was time to head back to the hotel and see how the day at the beach was. On the way out, all of the guys met someone who was selling T- Shirts outside the stadium. This dude looked eerily similar to someone they had previously met. They still went over to him and each bought a “LeBrony Sucks” shirt, all except for Jeb. As they went to leave , the man asked them if they wanted anything else in a familiar tone, and then it hit them. The guy looked and sounded almost exactly like Xarlin, whom they had already met and killed not but a week ago. They all stared at him until he asked why they were staring at them like that. “So, what are you doing staring at me like that?”

Wahlburn spoke up. “You son of a bitch,” pulling back his hoof to hit him, ”how are you here?”

At first, the man seemed shocked, but then his face brightened up. “You must have me mistaken for one of my brothers, and judging by your anger, I would assume Xarlin.”

“Yep,” responded Cannon “But if you’re not Xarlin, then who are you?”

“I’m Pharlin, and before you ask, no I am not mixed up in all of that cult stuff that he was involved in. In fact, I haven’t talked to that tool in years, I do wonder how he’s doing though.”

Cannon, being the one who killed him, chimed in “Uhh... he’s kinda dead.”

Without even thinking, Pharlin spouted, “Good, he had it coming. He was a douchebag to me anyways.”

Pharlin and the group continued to talk for ten more minutes before they departed. They learned that Pharlin was an avid South Beach sports fan, going to nearly every game possible. The group told Pharlin about the past week and where they were staying at. Pharlin told them he would meet up with them later and tell stories how Xarlin ruined his childhood, and left.

“Shit,” said Patel looking at his phone, “we missed the bus.” They decided to walk back to the hotel instead of waiting for the next one. They started to talk about everything that happened throughout the game and with Pharlin when, out of the corner of Spike’s eye, he saw two stallions, one on top of the other in the adjacent alley.

“Hey look at those dudes screwing in that alley!” The group looked, just as a squirt of blood flew into the air. A dark crimson pool began to form near the pony on the ground. It took the group a second to realize what was going on, at which time, Spike said quietly and hurriedly “Let’s get out of here, quickly”. They ran the whole way to the hotel to tell the others.