• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 572 Views, 9 Comments

Silent Song - Flora Spectrum



A pony as quiet and shy as Fluttershy moves to Ponyville. She lives here for three months unnoticed until she meets a pony named Silver Gear.

  • ...
0
 9
 572

Noticed

Silent Song walked quietly down the streets of Ponyville. She was making her way out of the market with her saddlebags full of fresh fruits and a basket in her mouth filled with pink and white flowers. Once again, she had gone unnoticed by the other residents, and she was quite content with this. Her hoof steps were inaudible, even in silent rooms, it was no wonder she was never noticed. She knew she wasn't much to look at either, she had been told so.

Only one pony had actually noticed her, and that was the pony that ran the apple stand. However, this pony's family seemed to be famous for their apples and Silent never carried on an actual conversation with the pony as she was always swarmed with customers. However, she was fine with this as no pony ever talked her.

One pony had noticed her when she was a filly and the two had instantly become best friends. However, that was in the past and she chose to move on.

Silent Song gave out a soft 'oof' as she walked into something and fell back. Her basket was released from her mouth's grip and it spilled the floral contents onto the ground.

"Are you okay?"

She looked up to see she had not run into something, but somepony. She blushed slightly as the stallion held out a hoof. Luckily, her mane covered most of her face. She gently placed her hoof in his and let him help her up.

The stallion appeared to be well built and strong, but of average height and not overly bulky. He was a silverish-coated unicorn with piercing neon blue eyes that matched a single streak in his messy jet-black mane and tail.

"Here, let me help you with those," he offered while encasing her basket in light blue magic and refilling it after it had been placed back upright.

"Oh, um… Thank you," she whispered quietly, embarrassed at her clumsiness and this stranger's kindness.

"No problem. I've noticed you around, you moved here a little while back didn't you?" he asked with a genuine smile.

"Oh… yes, about three months ago," she replied in her hushed tone while looking at the ground and averting his gaze. He had noticed her? Nopony noticed her.

"I'm Silver Gear, by the way," he offered sticking out a hoof.

She took his hoof again, gently like the last time, and gave it a soft shake before whispered, "I'm Silent Song."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," he said with a smile before once again encasing the basket in light blue magic and letting it levitate next to him. "Mind if I help you back home? I'd love to talk to you more."

"Oh, um… sure," she replied quietly as the slight blush reappeared. She began on the path towards home while Silver Gear continued the conversation.

}i{

Silver Gear really liked this mare, as she wasn't like the others he had met so far in Ponyville. He had only been in Ponyville for about a year or so, but Pinkie Pie had already thrown him a party. He had met Pinkie's five closest friends, along with many other ponies including two celebrities. He had heard Octavia and DJ Pon-3 lived here, but he never thought he would get to meet them. However, it seemed Pinkie Pie was friends with every pony and if there was a pony you wanted to meet, you talked to her.

"I don't remember meeting you at Pinkie's party earlier this week," Silver Gear commented to the shy mare walking beside him.

"Who?" She asked in her soft voice. Gosh he loved her voice. It was so soft and sweet and, wait. 'What's up with me?' Silver couldn't help but mentally question himself.

"You know, the pink pony with the pink poufy mane that makes you think of cotton candy. Super hyper, throws a welcome party for every pony that moves here.

"Oh… um, sorry… I don't know who that is…"

"You don't know Pinkie Pie?" he asked in complete shock. She shook her head no. Pinkie was going to have a melt down when she found out there’s been a pony living here to three months that she didn't know about.

"I'm used to being invisible…"

Now Silver Gear almost had a melt down. There was no way this unicorn could be invisible all the time as she was stunning. She was slightly shorter than most ponies and slimmer as well, however she still looked to be of healthy weight unlike so many models that insisted on barely weighing anything at all. Her coat was a flawless pristine white and her golden mane cascaded in soft waves hiding most of her face and brushing the ground. No doubt she was beautiful, 'Wait what? Am I checking her out? I've barely known her for a few minutes!' While he mentally yelled at himself, out loud he asked, "You? Invisible?"

"Yes… why?" she peered up at him through her mane and he saw one of her eyes for the first time and nearly lost it. Her eyes were a shinning bright green and reminded him of the peridot gem. 'Get it together Silver!'

"Nothing, never mind," he replied shaking his head and averting his gaze as they stopped in front of a small house. It was one of the many two story homes that lined the streets of Ponyville.

"Um, this is it… thank you."

He lowered the basket onto her doorstep and looked over at the shy mare surprised to see her looking at him. "Hey, uh," he averted his gaze once more and put a nervously put a hoof behind his head before continuing, "I, uh, don't know if you've been to the park here in Ponyville yet, but it's pretty nice. I was going to take a walk there tomorrow afternoon, would you like to come?"

"Oh, um… sure."

"Okay" he said trying to contain his excitement but letting a huge grin escape. "I'll come pick you up at about three tomorrow afternoon."

Silent Song nodded and quickly turned back towards the door, but not before he caught a glimpse of her blush hidden mostly by her mane. She walked into her house levitating the basket with golden magic and closed the door behind her.

Silver Gear trotted down the street with a huge grin on his face. 'She said yes! I have a date tomorrow! Wait!' He stopped in his tracks and he mentally barraged himself with questions! "Is it a date? Do I think it's a date? I don't know, does she think it's a date? Do I need to bring her flowers? No she just got herself flowers today! You helped her with them remember? Besides, what if you brought her flowers, and she didn't think it was a date, but the flowers made her know you thought it was a date, when it wasn't and you were the only one thinking it then the whole thing would be awkward!" He took off running towards home with only one thought yelling at him.

'Get it together Silver!'

Author's Note:

So, how do you like the first chapter? If I made any grammatical or spelling errors, feel free to point them out and I'll go back and fix them. This story will be relatively short, but that's only because it will lead into a main story I'm working on. I also have a plan for a series too, oh my gosh what have I got myself into O-o