• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 405 Views, 4 Comments

An Unexpected Occurance - CaptainAlbanos



When an artifact related to the elements is discovered it's a race against time to keep it out of enemy hooves, Bye the way did we mention its alive?

  • ...
4
 4
 405

His bark is worse than his bite.

Thoughts "speech" text.

After the creature appeared it didn't take long for the changelings to try and claim it, quickly followed by the diamond dogs and the ponies, the only one who didn't join in the argument was Fluttershy.

"Um I hate to interrupt but I think it can choose for itself..." Fluttershy's words where lost in the yelling as the argument continued.

"Please just listen for a second..." once again Fluttershy was ignored.

the creature stepped up and put a claw in front of her to stop her for a moment.

it cleared its throat and yelled with enough force to throw the group -excluding Fluttershy- back a few feet.
"QUIET! KINDNESS WISHES TO SPEAK!" his voice was both gravely and rough but smooth and easy on the ears. much like the sound of a forest loud but soothing.

His words where met with blank stares as he stepped aside and gesture for Fluttershy to continue.

"Oh um...thank you. I was trying to say he can choose for himself." She quickly hid behind her mane when everypony looked at her, but they didn't stay that way for long, as Twilight stepped forward and slowly spoke to the creature.

"You can talk?" he nodded quickly. Twilight was ecstatic A brand new species and she was one of the first to speak to it.

"Well would you mind making a choice for us, we need to know which group you are going to leave here with?" He seemed to think about it for a second before stepping closer to her.

"I shall go where the elements of harmony go." once again he was met with blank stares bye two thirds of the room.
One of the changelings quickly stepped up and growled.

"No you ssssstupid beast you sssshall come with ussss to the hivvve." When the changeling jumped forward to attack him he stood a little taller and stepped over Twilight to smack one of the changelings out of the air with a large claw.

"You will do no harm to magic or any other element so long as I stand!" When the other two changelings charged him he dispatched them much like the first. As the changelings quickly fled the cave he turned to the diamond dogs only to find they had tunneled out of the room.

"Pests." He muttered and turned to Twilight. "Lead the way magic and I shall follow."

Twilight blinked. "Why did you call me that? and before you called Fluttershy kindness."

He stopped walking with them and quickly explained. "You are the element of magic, your quiet friend is the element of kindness, the blue one is loyalty the fancy one is generosity, the orange one is honesty, and the pink bouncy pony is laughter, and I am determination, or willpower. Harmony cannot exist without someone to push it along through sheer force of will."

"O-kay?" Twilight didn't ask anymore questions though pinkie had built up the courage to start asking him question after question so quickly he gave up on answering and let her tire herself out. Before long they where back on the trail heading twords Ponyville. Every now and then he would growl or sniff the air, before continuing, when they asked why he simply said.

"This forest is large and dangerous."

When they came close to the end of the forest he seemed hesitant to step out into the sunlight, but followed them none the less. Waiting for them in the clearing beyond the forest was princess Celestia.

"Ah I see you brought somepony back with you, but what of the artifact?" Celestia said confusion lacing her voice.
Twilight quickly explained what happened in the cavern and of what he had said.

Celestia thought for a moment before speaking. "I would like to discuss this further in Canterlot, If you could wait a moment I will Teleport us to the thrown room." Almost instantly her horn flashed and they disappeared only to reappear back inside the grand hall of the castle. Almost instantly Twilight noticed how tired Celestia had become upon teleporting.

"Princess Celestia are you alright?" she stepped forward and put a hoof on the alicorn's shoulder.

Celestia grunted before pushing herself up to her full height. "Yes Twilight I am fine, I'm just not used to moving such a large group so far."

Rainbow dash seemed to suddenly remember something before she spoke. "Uh Twilight, if he was the artifact and all does that mean he is an element like the necklaces or just ya know alive?"

Twilight stopped for a moment deep in thought. "Princess if I may?"

Celestia nodded.

Twilight sat on her haunches before speaking. "Well I think what happened is that the heart reacted to my magic and the violence around it by trying to protect itself, but when I dropped it the only thing it could understand was it was damaged so, it protected itself by creating a living body that could fight or flee."

Twilight looked up to Celestia for approval. "Very good Twilight, this explains why he didn't attack you as well."

Twilight and Celestia began a conversation on possible alternate outcomes of his appearance, but where interrupted when Pinkie spoke up. " I know he was here a second ago but where is the big fuzzy Dragaling?"

Twilight blinked. "Dragaling?"
Pinkie snorted before gesturing wildly at the idea of somepony not understanding. "Well duh what else could we call him?"

Twilight shook her head. "Well it doesn't matter, Pinkies got a point he disappeared and we need to find him."
After settling who would go where they all set off down different paths. with Applejack going into the castle gardens, Rainbow dash up to the upper castle, Fluttershy went out to the maze and Rarity and Twilight searched the lower castle. Spike stayed behind to wait in case he came back into the thrown room.