• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 403 Views, 4 Comments

An Unexpected Occurance - CaptainAlbanos



When an artifact related to the elements is discovered it's a race against time to keep it out of enemy hooves, Bye the way did we mention its alive?

  • ...
4
 4
 403

A Queen and Her Court

This should help make up for the short chapter from last time.

Thoughts "Speech" text

Oh how right he was, he had spent most of the day being questioned by the princesses, and twilight. Then they had to stay at the castle because the train had already left, not to mention that the changelings where attacking without warning, and he was expected to help.

Which might be why he was running on all fours through the castle trying to avoid the changeling swarm.

His claws clicked on the marble floor as he ran, looking back the dozen or so changelings following him where starting to close in on him. Growling he stopped running and turned to face them, taking a deep breathe he roasted over half of them in a searing multi-colored flame. Dusklight smiled as the charred insects fell to the floor a sickly green fluid leaking out of them onto the floor.

He started back down the hall running as fast as his four limbs could take him.

"Please let the girls be safe." Taking a few turns and doubling back once, He managed to get to the throne room which was currently occupied by both princesses, and the girls who where stuck to the wall by a green glue-like substance.
rushing over to them he started to notice a faint pressure in the back of his skull.

Twilight opened her eyes and blinked a few times before coughing.

"Run *cough-cough* away she's after you." before Dusklight could ask what she meant, a sickeningly sultry voice spoke.

"Ah...so this sick little jigsaw puzzle of body parts is the source of all that power, hmm how idiotic."

Dusklight turned on his toes and found himself facing a changeling that was larger and more unique than the others, for some reason the pressure in his head got worse when he saw her.

Queen, Mother.

Dusklight was confused he didn't want those thoughts they just sort of rolled through his head on there own. He growled again, this time opting to use his claws instead of the fire in his gut, But only a few steps twords her she smiled.

"Stop." At the sound of her voice every muscle acted without notice and froze up hating him in his tracks.

"What? What did you do hag!?" Dusklight was almost ready to permanently scar these ponies, so he could tear this "Queen" apart.

Her shit eating grin grew wider with every word she spoke. "Surely you know that as queen of the changelings I have utter control of those in the hive mind, which includes you too." She slowly walked over and circled him sizing him up.

"I need a test of your skills...Bring me the pink one!." A few changelings from around the room pulled pinkie out of the goo and dropped her in front of him.

"Kill her...but use your so called powers I want to see her innards painted across her friends." Growling deep in his chest he watched his body act to her commands his left claw opened and raised palm first twords pinkies head, a bright glow settled deep in his hand glowing brighter every second. He looked down seeing pinkie cowering below him tears in her eyes, she was his friend, he'd rather die than hurt her. Besides that she was the element of laughter, hurting her would be like hurting himself.

"I won't, hurt my friends." Concentrating he managed to make his arm move slightly upward before long he managed to point it strait up, and then he relaxed.

The blast that he produced blew a hole in the roof big enough to fit several ponies at once.

"Now how about a better target?" He turned his palm twords chrysalis. "If you value your life you will leave, and take that swarm with you."

Chrysalis screamed at him before flying out the window. All the changelings followed her out as well. Bye now Twilight had freed the girls and, the princesses. Dusklight dropped down on all fours his strength drained.

"That blast took more out of me than I thought." Applejack was the first to approach him.

"You sure are talkative now, what changed yall's mind?" he smiled a little.

"Maybe Iv'e spent to much time around pinkie." He stood back up towering over the pony. "She seems to have rubbed off in me in more ways than one."

After cleaning up some of the castle and being constantly questioned by twilight about this hive mind prospect, they boarded a train to Ponyville and in the processes scarred a few of the passengers where on there way to Ponyville.

They had an entire car to themselves unfortunately this also meant they all had to share said car.

"So how fast can you fly?" Rainbow was one of the last ponies he'd expect to hear from but he could be surprised later.

"I can't actually fly, I'm too heavy but I can hover and glide in a way." Dusklight entertained himself by swishing his tail around the floor of car and listening to the sound it made.

"Aw I was hoping I could race you." Rainbow started pouting which caused pinkie to try and cheer her up, while they where busy Rarity asked her won question.

"Do you eat gems too like spike or hoard them like those dreadful diamond dogs." she flipped her mane halfway through her speech which hit Applejack who swatted her with her tail in retaliation.

"I can eat gems, but only so many at a time, as for hoarding them...I could care less the're rocks nothing more."
By now Rarity and applejack where subtly smacking each other, and Pinkie was driving rainbow up the wall.

Twilight's ears perked up at the mention of my eating habits. "What can you eat?"

Dusklight sighed. "I can like most ponies eat vegetables and flowers, I can also eat a limited number of gems and stones. I have no idea about emotions though I believe not." Twilight nodded but before she could ask another question a knock was heard on the car door.

Twilight opened it to find the baggage colt followed closely by a small light green fill.
"Can we help you?" The stallion nodded. "I need to move this one to the caboose, she stowed away." he pushed her in front of himself. She was small younger than spike, maybe five or six, she had a light green coat and a blond mane.

"Before you do that is there any chance I could pay for a spare ticket?" Dusklight's voice startled the stallion and he quickly nodded. Dusklight grabbed the small bag of gems spike had brought to munch on, grabbing a small gem he tossed it to the bag-pony who pushed the filly in and slammed the door, his frantic hoofsteps could be heard fleeing.

"Why where you hiding?" The little filly didn't say anything she just walked over to Dusklight and to everypony's surprise hugged him as she started to cry.

"Well that was interesting." Twilight's was ignored for the most part.

Author's Note:

I must apologies for my writing style changing so much but I finally found one that works for me, so hopefully I can keep writing like this and add to this story. I would appreciate feedback about my story in any form weather it be hate or help. I am also looking for any possible OC's to work small parts in my story. thank you until next time:

INKthefallen