• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 5,350 Views, 151 Comments

Apocalypse: Worlds End or New Beginnings - Blue dragon 116



One child is cursed with a unholy power the power to change into anything and make youre fears a reality. When he is sent to equestria by mistake can he help against the impending evil or will he just quicking the ponies fall into oblivion

  • ...
22
 151
 5,350

A Fools Errand

"The horsemen have ravaged the countryside killing anything and everything around them. Should any creature pony or otherwise survive the initial attack. They would only die thanks to the foul powers that the horsemen carry." A general droned on reading from reports in a briefing I was forced to attend. Along with Chrysalis, Luna, Celestia, Shinning Armor and his wife, along with the elements of harmony. Every face in the room painted a picture of horror or disgust, all save mine. While my expression was troubled it was for an entirely different reason.

My trouble stemmed from the two mares who claimed me as their own. Ever since I returned to consciousness they have been waging a small war of wills between themselves. And being the poor unlucky fool at the center of this maelstrom I was being tugged, flirted, and harassed by both sides. I could hardly find some time where I want being harassed by one of the mares. And one can easily guess the way Celestia and the rest reacted to the news, not too kindly I tell you.

So as if them all not liking me because of what I am, and my relationship with Chrysalis wasn't enough. Now they all thought Chrysalis and I were trying to usurp the throne through seduction. The mere thought made my scales bristle and a low growl rumbled deep in my chest.

"Is there something you would like to add creature?" The General said snapping me out of my thoughts, only to see all eyes on me, most narrowed in reproach.

"No nothing at all forgive me for interrupting, please carry on." I said ignoring the glares from all around me, rising to my feet and making my way to the door. Only to be stopped by the sound of someone getting to their hooves and speaking.

"And just where do you think your going Thomas." Celestia said her tone hard and cold, while I could feel her gaze burning into the back of my head.

"This is all information that I don't need to hear and knew would happen. And contrary to what ever belief you may have, I do not enjoy hearing just how much damage the horsemen are doing. Especially considering the fact I already knew this was going to happen and tried to prevent as much pain as possible." I said over my shoulder doing my best to keep my voice even and calm. When nothing else was said I pushed the door open and made my way out. Once outside I spread my leathery wings and shook from my head to the tip of my tail. Doing the best to loosen some of the tense muscles protesting moving after so long lying on the floor.

And once I began to move once more albeit it rather slowly, my mind began to wonder. Though Celestia allowed the changelings and I to remain on castle grounds. It didn't take a changelings ability to sense emotions to know she hated me, or at least really, really disliked my company . And even though I understood her reasons, it didn't make it any easier or work to lessen my own anger.

Especially when Celestia so foolishly mentioned on several occasions trying to meet with the Horsemen to try and negotiate with them. A idea I quickly and effortlessly shot down every time it was brought up. And in many instances I could see a frown appearing on her lips when ever she mentioned the idea. The frown growing larger when my refusals grew more angry and colorful. As if for some absurd reason she couldn't understand what would actually happen in that scenario, or wanted to try regardless. But I highly doubt Celestia would be crazy enough to go through with such a thing. So I focused my thoughts on more pressing matters, namely the battle between Chrysalis and Luna.

Meanwhile back in the briefing

"Now that he has left we can move on to the actual point of this meeting, general if you please." Celestia said a tired sigh escaping her lips as she got comfortable once more. Earning a cold glare from Chrysalis that quickly morphed to a look of shock, and a confused glance from her sister.

"Now then down to business." The general said smirking as his horn glowed and the walls around the room did the same. And the wall behind him filled with a map with four large dots marked on it.

"What was that you cast on the room general?" Twilight said her horn glowing for a brief moment until Celestia placed her hoof on Twilight's shoulder. Stopping Whatever spell Twilight was about to cast and motioned for her to look back to the general.

"I'm glad you asked Miss Sparkle, it was a simple anti eavesdropping enchantment. Meaning nopony can communicate with anypony in this room by any means. The only way to know what is being discussed would be to be here or come through that door." He said his horn glowing once more along with the door I had exited out but moments ago. "Which is now locked and cant be opened until I remove the enchantment."

"What is the meaning of this Celestia?" Chrysalis growled, shocking everyone in the room with how quickly she went from being seated across the room to standing beside her. Snarling at Celestia her fangs revealed and glistening, staring down at her with rage filled eyes.

"Have a seat and all will be explained." Celestia said calmly meeting Chrysalis's glare with one of her own. The two continued to stare each other down, to the point they almost came to blows. Only to be interrupted by Luna draping a wing over Chrysalis a cold calculating look on her face as she spoke.

"Chrysalis please have a seat the sooner we hear what my sister has to say, the sooner we can leave here."

Chrysalis shrank away from the contact and hissed loudly before taking up a guarded stance where she was seated. When she was finally seated Celestia looked to her sister with a thankful expression. Only to flinch at the look on her sisters face, any words of thanks dying on her tongue.

"Make no mistake Celestia I do not approve of this and only want to see it finished as quickly as possible." She said the temperature dropping to the point all gathered could see their breath. "I don't know where you get your unfounded mistrust of Thomas, when he has done nothing but keep his word. But it would be in your best interest to figure it out and let it be, lest we come to a disagreement."

Luna didn't even spare a backwards glance as she spun around on her hooves and returned to her seat. Her face devoid of emotion, her eyes dull and uninterested as she stared at the map on the wall.

"Now then the true point of this meeting...." The general began only to be stopped by Celestia standing and approaching him.

"Why don't you sit down and allow me to explain this general." Celestia said smiling down at her little pony. "After all it is my idea, so who else would be better suited to explain it."

Silence filled the room while Celestia took her place at the head of the the room, while the general took a seat. And for a second her gaze went around the room. Coming to rest on her sisters completely void face and eyes, bringing a frown to her face and her gaze shot to Chrysalis for a brief moment.

"Now then the plain and simple truth is I intend to meet with the horsemen myself and try and reason with them." Celestia said, a startled gasp and furious hiss shattering the silence that followed her words. And silence filled to room once more, making Celestia sigh in relief until a scream broke the silence.

"What!!!!!"

Celestia winced from the volume of the combined voices. When her ears finally stopped ringing she cracked open her eyes to see who had voiced their concerns. Seeing Chrysalis and Luna were the ones who voiced their discontent was of no surprise to Celestia. But it was the clouded and troubled look that covered Twilight's face that made her pause in concern.

"Twilight whats wrong?" Celestia said, her concern for her student taking precedent . Twilight didn't immediately answer which only caused those who weren't looking at her with concern to quickly do so. Making Twilight shift uncomfortably as if she could feel the weight of all their gazes on her.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry Twilight what was that?"

"Why?" Twilight said her head hung low, her mane covering her face. Until her head snapped up to face Celestia her eyes hard and determined with a tear sliding down her cheek. "Why do you want to do that, when Thomas has time and again given plenty of good reasons not to."

The silence that permeated the room after that one question was so profound not a soul dared to so much as breath, lest they bring forth the argument that was bound to come. The tension finally was broken when all eyes were drawn to Chrysalis whose horn was aglow. Only for it suddenly darken, and her face morphed to one of complete shock as her rump hit the floor.

"Chrysalis what have you done?" Celestia growled as she took a menacing step towards her.

"She has done nothing more than open my eyes." Twilight said rising to her hooves as she was once more the center of attention.

"Why are you defending him?" Chrysalis muttered still starring wide eyed at Twilight. " I thought surely you were still somehow influenced by my magic, but you are not. Why are you still defending him, against your princess and teacher no less."

"I once thought Thomas to be nothing more than another villain that needed to be defeated. But now I can see that is not the case those three days you two stayed with me has shown me different." Twilight said, her voice soft at the beginning but it quickly gained strength and volume as she spoke with resolve. "Thomas is no monster, if he were he would not have spent every waking hour of those three days looking for a cure. Not once stopping to sleep, nor eat as he searched every medical book I could get my hooves on. He even went out on a limb seeking out Zecoras help, knowing their was no guarantee it would work. And if that's not reason enough to trust him. Both Spike and I kept a careful eye on him, intending to catch him in the act of some evil plot. And all we got for our efforts was seeing a hated creature doing everything in his power to right a wrong he blamed himself for despite the fact he was was in no way at fault."

And for the third time in so many minutes a tense silence filled the room, with all eyes on Twilight after her declaration. Twilight slowly looked around the room at the faces of all those gathered. Only flinching when she saw the cold, blank expression on her mentors face, but still she stood firm. Even holding Celestia's gaze until her mask faltered and a bit of emotion crossed her face, as she let out a exasperated sigh.

"I must say Twilight I never expected you to fall for Thomas's tricks......"

"I have not been coerced or tricked princess!" Twilight shouted, stomping her hoof in anger. "Its true Chrysalis had to manipulate me and Spike into allowing them to stay with us. But we were still in complete control of ourselves, Thomas wouldn't allow it any other way. "

"Its true, Thomas insisted I only made them allow us refuge. He refused to have them under my control." Chrysalis said her gaze still locked on Twilight, a look of confusion on her muzzle.

"And further more He has never harmed a pony without good reason, and always been honest with us. What has he done to warrant your continued mistrust." Twilight said as she glared at her mentor. Both ponies stared at each other neither backing down, until Celestia sighed heavily. Her fur and mane seeming to dull giving her a aged and worn look. Until she took a deep breath and gone was the age, replaced by a sad smile on her face.

"I hope you never come to fully understand such a thing as this for yourself Twilight." Celestia said " But my mistrust is rooted long ago in the past with the spirit that shared Thomas's body."

"Timor?" Twilight interrupted earning a chuckle from her mentor.

"Yes indeed my mistrust is centered around Timor." Celestia continued, a frown creasing Twilight's brow, as well as a sympathetic look crossing Luna's face. "Long ago before the reign of discord, Timor was a good friend of my sister and I. He was always a bit dark, but that is who he was while acting as a guardian of Luna and I until we were old enough to take the throne."

Once again silence filled the room as Celestia spoke, Twilight hanging on every word Celestia said while Luna seemed lost in thought. Celestia spared no detail in telling who Timor was. Even having to stop for a minute and explain to everyone that Discord was once a very calm being, and even a good friend. And it didn't take long for Twilight to see a connection between Luna and Timor, and thus Thomas.

"So your afraid Thomas will turn evil like Timor did and drag Luna into madness with him?" Twilight said after Celestia finished earning a nod of approval from her teacher. Which only served to make two mares in the room scowl as they watched the exchange.

"If your afraid of this happening why doesn't Thomas know about it and why hasn't he confronted you about it?" Chrysalis asked, her face scrunched in confusion much like Luna's.

"Its not so much a fear, as it is something i'm sure will happen." Celestia said offering Chrysalis a sad smile, only earning her a growl in response.

"But what if it doesn't?" Twilight countered, earning a small frown Celestia as she sighed.

"It might not come to pass for another hundred years Twilight, or it might come to pass tomorrow. But it will happen immortality is a heavy burden to bear, and regardless of who the pony is. All immortals will slip into madness, some like my sister can be saved from it while others may not." Celestia said her tone heavy and depressed with a sorrowful look on her face.

"Even more reason for us to lend him our hooves in friendship sister instead of alienating him. We of anypony would know the trial of time, and we are the best suited to be there for him as time drags on." Luna said capturing her sisters attention who's expression only darkened further.

"Either way I will be meeting with the horsemen. I cant condone war without at least attempting diplomacy based on the word of one pony." Celestia said with a groan and heavy sigh. "I don't expect you to agree or even come with me."

"I will go with you princess." Shinning Armor said standing and exuding a air of confidence. And slowly everyone around the room agreed to accompany Celestia on her suicide mission. All save Luna and Chrysalis who were giving Celestia a cold glare, and vicious snarl respectively. Seeing this made her sigh, but still a small smile graced Celestia's lips as her horn began to glow.

"Thank you." She said and in a blinding flash of light everyone in the room was gone, all save the general who released the enchantments and left.

Meanwhile in some desolate field full of craters and completely void of life, sat the horsemen polishing both weapons and armor. That is until all four were blinded by a golden flash of light. Which slowly dissipated to reveal those who were gathered in canterlot but a moment ago.

"Well this just made out jobs that much easier." War said with a dark chuckle as he came to his feet.

"Indeed it does brother." Death said clutching his scythe as he leaned against it like a cane. "So please tell us what made you decide to throw your life away ponies?"

As death spoke the rest of the horsemen encircled the ponies, while shinning armor scowled and his horn began to glow. And the rest of the ponies took up defensive stances.

"We came in the hope we could resolve this conflict without further blood shed." Celestia said, her tone was calm but hopeful. Until Famines laughter broke the silence while he charged the ponies his sword held high. Only to come to a halt when it contacted a purple shield.

"I'll take that as a no then." Celestia said her face and voice void of any emotion. " Then Thomas was right and we shall see you another time." Celestas horn began to glow only for it dim when a pain filled cry filled the air. As shinning armor fell unconscious and the barrier he erected fell away, leaving the ponies open to the four horsemen.

"I don't think you'll be going anywhere." Death said as he stood and and they all began to advance on the ponies. Silence reigned as the all the ponies charged up spells and the horsemen continued to advance.

The situation quickly deteriorated from there with the ponies managing to put some distance between themselves and their assailants. And it quickly became apparent that the horsemen were toying with them as well. Coming close enough to be blasted by one of the princesses or Chrysalis while the others tried to revive Shinning. And the cycle continued for what felt like hours, until Chrysalis completely ignored the advancing horsemen and looked to the sky.

Sensing a opening War charged forward sword held high over head, aiming to cleave Chrysalis in two. Only to be blasted aside by Celestia as she spun around and glared at Chrysalis. Any words she wished to speak dying on her tongue as the scream of a incoming projectile filled the air. Followed shortly after by a thunderous impact and everyone being showered in dirt.

Return to Thomas pov

All was silent for a few seconds after initial impact, as I sat shrouded by the dust seething with rage waiting for a excuse to vent it. Finally I heard the sound of an armored footstep and I sprung into action. My tail lashed out blindly smacking four solid objects and sent them flying in the opposite direction, making me smile darkly. And with the immediate threat out of the way for but a moment. I turned to the fools behind me, all of which were gathered around a unconscious Shinning Armor.

"I hope this is the outcome you wanted Celestia." I Grumbled my attention snapping back to the horsemen as they got back on their feet. "We will discuss this later, until then you need to leave this place now."

"No we will help you." Chrysalis said taking a bold step forward. Only to stop and look behind me, her expression full or fear and apprehension. I glanced over my shoulder to see the horsemen all on their feet once more and slowly approaching.

"Leave here now." I growled as I spun around to face the horsemen, while easing Chrysalis gently back towards the others with a hind leg. None of them moved as the horsemen advanced. Taking a deep breath I dropped my head low to equal level with the horsemen and released a raging torrent of flame upon them. Knowing it would do nothing more then hinder them at the most.

"Leave here now, Celestia get them out of here!" I yelled as the horsemen continued through the flames completely unfazed. Only to have the clop of hooves on earth answer me as I noticed Luna and Chrysalis trot up alongside me. Their horns glowing with determined scowls on their faces, unleashing bolt after bolt of pure power at the horsemen. Only for it to strike them and simply dissipate, not even slowing them in the slightest.

"Leave now, you wont get another chance." I growled stepping between the horsemen and the ponies.

"And how can you expect us to leave you here against such odds?" Luna said glaring up at me along with Chrysalis.

"Turn and flee with the others, I am the only one who can survive direct conflict with the horsemen. "I growled entering into a stare down with the two of them only to be almost knocked off my feet when something hit my side. Forcing me to swing my tail and hind legs around to stop myself from falling on Chrysalis and Luna. A quick glance told me all I needed to know. Showing famines staff still held out and glowing slightly, while all his brothers were easily within ten feet of us.

"Leave now!" I yelled snapping my tail towards the horsemen making them jump back out of reach.

"NO!" Chrysalis and Luna yelled making me growl and shift my weight. Letting me snap my tail towards them. Catching them all off guard and sending them all into the air.

"Fly you fools!" I roared the air and ground shaking, making Luna and Chrysalis pause in their argument long enough for Celestia to finally take action. And then in another blinding flash of Light they were gone, leaving me alone with the horsemen.

"Now their out of the way." I growled taking a deep breath and letting power ripple across my body. The scales and flesh all burning away to leave only my bones in place.

"Did he seriously just kill himself?" War said as the horsemen stared at me in confusion.

"Sometimes I forget how different we are brother." Death said chuckling to himself. "No he hasn't killed himself, it would seem the boy has tapped into Timor's power if only just barely."

As if to prove Death right crimson balls of flame lit up in my skull, while the rest of me was lit with deep purple flames ending in blue tips. And with a deep breath the flames grew exponentially and then died back to normal when I exhaled.

"And how much of a threat do you think this makes him?" War asked as he searched me for any weaknesses.

"With such a high octane power and his limited knowledge of control he wont make much of a threat for more than a couple of minutes." Death said as he stood up straight and held his scythe at the ready.

"While its true I cant maintain this power for but a few minutes, that's all the time I need for now." I said my voice a deep earth shaking bass that echoed unnervingly.

"Ohh the runt got a little boost and thinks he can stop us how amusing." War said resting his sword on his shoulder and laughing with famine. While Pestilence and Death just watched me with calculating glares.

The horsemen's laughter was silenced by laughter of my own, while the fires that burned across my bones died away leaving only my eyes alight. While smoke began to form between my ribs and began to swallow my entire body.

When Death and Pestilence saw this they charged forward their weapons held at the ready. Only to scream in rage when they came in range and all the smoke surged forward and caught them all inside. Various screams of rage and bursts of light filled the black of the smoke, but only for a moment. Until the noise, the light, and the smoke began to dissipate leaving absolutely no trace of the horsemen.

With a heavy sigh the flames around me began to die down with the scales and other tissue creeping back into place as the flames died. And then when everything was back to normal my eyes grew heavy and my mind was fogged over in pain. So much so that I had to fight to maintain my balance, and do my best to remain conscious.

When the pain dropped to a manageable level I took to the air and made my way to Canterlot thinking to myself.

"I wonder how long Tartartus can hold the horsemen?"

The rest of the flight back was silent, even the hive mind was silent as my clawed feet touched down and I made my way inside. To find the entire castle to be completely silent all the guards watched me go by with mixed expressions. Ignoring them I continued deeper into the castle, to the medical wing. Finding everyone gathered around Shinning Armor as he lay in a bed. Only Chrysalis turned to acknowledge me as I entered the room and made my way silently over to Celestia and whispered in her ear.

"I know what happened in that meeting after I left, and I know what you fear will come to pass. To be honest i'm disappointed that your pupil and sister can see the flaws in you logic and yet you cant. Timor and I shared the same body yes, but we are not the same creature. Your fear of my dragging your sister into madness is unfounded, just because Timor and Luna fell to madness with time doesn't mean I will. Come to think of it I wonder what you were like when your brain finally snapped from stress, or what it will be like. For you see while its true all immortals will fall into darkness not everyone's trip is the same. I hope these events can convince you to trust me. Because If they don't I fear there will be more pointless blood shed, all of which we could have avoided."

With that said and giving her something to think on. I left Celestia in peace, getting a few grateful looks and smiles from the others as I left.