• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 5,350 Views, 151 Comments

Apocalypse: Worlds End or New Beginnings - Blue dragon 116



One child is cursed with a unholy power the power to change into anything and make youre fears a reality. When he is sent to equestria by mistake can he help against the impending evil or will he just quicking the ponies fall into oblivion

  • ...
22
 151
 5,350

pestilence

A week has come and gone since that night in the gardens glade. I did eventually take Luna up on her offer to help me, while she headed my advice and called all ponies to canterlot. Of course there were still the stubborn few who refused to leave there homes for one reason or another. But we continued as best we could pulling the best generals from every race and giving them all detailed information on every species that would fight alongside them, and left them to come up with strategies. With that accomplished I had little to do especially since Chrysalis was the only general for the changelings so to speak. Of course her being the sole conspirator in the invasion of canterlot made her very knowledgeable in the art of infiltration, and she new all the castles defensive weaknesses. A fact she found endless joy in showing the princesses during one strategy meeting that almost ended in blows among the three in question.

My mind had pondered all these things and more while I sat in Luna's room the first evening we tried to fix whatever was wrong with me. And as we begun there was great promise, we sat amidst calming incents diving deep into myself. Searching for the center of all three parts of myself. They all manifested as three glowing orbs in my minds eye. The surface of the orb that represented my humanity. Was covered in images from my time at home both the good and the bad. The orb that represented my draconic soul was a rolling mass of emerald green flame that flickered in a nonexistent breeze. And the one that represented Timor's power was a solid black orb that pulsed occasionally.

With a calming sigh I focused on the orb that represented my humanity, and was flooded with the memory's and sights it held, every one of them familiar. Familiar scenes flew before my eyes, a beautiful sunset, the rainforest during a storm, and finally Teras dazzling smile. After all these things passed before my eyes I wiped away a stray tear as I smiled at the memories. Next was my soul, and when I focused on it I was rewarded by a surge of power through my body ,while I was shown memories of flying bringing another smile to my face. I was flying through the air high above a ancient mountain range. The feeling of a gentle wind tickling my wings. While a fine coating of dew covered my body thanks to flying so high and so close to the clouds. Then the clouds began to burn with a bright orange color, while the mountains were bathed on the suns dying light as it sank below the horizon. As I was shown these memories another smile crept across my face. And finally only the black orb remained pulsing faster the more I concentrated on it. And as I took another calming breath a familiar chilled sensation began to crawl up my spine. Only to be crushed by anger as I focused on the last orb. Making it pulse and grow larger, all the way up to the point it exploded forcing me out of the trace with a splitting head ache. But while it grew I was shown horrendous images of wars, plagues and famines long since past. But the last and most scaring sight was that of the horsemen standing atop a hill of corpses holding Chrysalis at sword point between the four of them. And even though I new its wasn't real, my heart still stopped when they all attacked her. Beating, clubbing and slashing at her until there was nothing left but green blood splattered across there armor.

That was almost five nights ago and every night since ended the same way. The two parts of my self I was most comfortable and familiar with would allow me access with no problems. But every time I tried to fully grasp Timor's power and knowledge I would be thrown out of the trance, no better off than when I began.

Needless to say this began to work my nerves Eventually it got to the point where I would avoid my nightly sessions with Luna. Only to have her find me or send Chrysalis after me if she couldn't find me. Which was the cause of my current predicament with both of them questioning me and scolding me as if I was a child.
"And what the hell do you want from me I've tried time and again only to get nothing." I yelled in frustration my temper finally getting the better of me.

"This is not something you can hide from Thomas this you must face." Luna said chastising and glaring at me like I had just insulted her mother. "There is something you have yet to come to terms with or don't fully understand. That is preventing you from assimilating the three parts of yourself into one being, We must simply figure out what it is that is holding you back and it will simple matter to fix."

Silence filled the air as the three of us continued to stair each other down, until without a word I stood and brushed past them both and made my way to the door. Only to be stopped as I reached the door by a blue and green aura surrounding my body and holding me in place.

"And just where do you think your going?" Chrysalis said her anger and frustration only over shadowed by her concern for me.
"Somewhere other than here where I can actually get something done." I said my voice sad and tired as I brushed out of there grip and left the room. Only to groan in frustration when the sound of hooves following me could be heard shortly after I left the room.
"There is no need to follow me nothing more can be accomplished today just leave me......." I began only to stop dead as a familiar phenomenon began to manifest itself on the horizon and make its way towards us. And just as the wave of sickly energy washed over the world my pursuer caught up to me and revealed herself to be Luna.

"Thomas you know Chrysalis and I only want......" She began only to be interrupted as I said.

"There is no time Pestilence has arrived." And just as I said that I surged forward pouring every ounce of energy into my attempt to get to Pestilence before more lives were lost. I quickly ran out of hallway blowing through the double doors at the end and into one of the castles many court yards, never once slowing down. Shortly after I disappeared over the horizon Luna took flight in pursuit using the distinct dust trail I left in my wake as a guide.

The further I got away from canterlot the more profound the effects the horsemen were having on the world were. Were once lush rolling hills dominated the landscape was now only sun parched earth and dead plants. Where once quaint little towns and villages stood only burning buildings and ashes remained.And then after hours of running I came across a small town that at first glance seemed all right, but I was quickly proven wrong as the town began to rot before my eyes.

"This is defiantly the place." I thought sadly as I observed the houses going from a normal appearance. To being covered in mold, fungus, and just plain rotting away. One building actually collapsing directly in front of me revealing a disgusting sight on the other side.

Before me stood town hall a pale white man in a sick green robe standing in the door way. Watching as the towns ponies danced and pranced around before him throwing around dead flowers. While pieces of flesh fell away from there body's and a sickly yellow puss oozed from every orifice. This went on well into the afternoon until finally the last pony fell to the ground joining his kin. While all his flesh dissolved off his body leaving his body like all those around him. A pile of yellow bones sinking into the mud created by the bile of all the puss and putrid flesh. And then came the stench that was so horridness and putrid that I emptied the contents of my stomach onto the ground.

"Truly a beautiful show don't you think?" Pestilence said laughing while I continued to dry heave long after my stomach was void of anything to expel.

"You disgust me." I growled wiping my mouth and straitening to face Pestilence who's look of mirth morphed to one of contempt.

"OH another creature who doesn't know there place." He said his voice dripping with contempt " I suppose you should be put in your place. Six feet under maybe you will know who's your better then."

As he spoke pestilence grabbed a gnarled staff from beside him and swung it towards me. Sending a putrid wave of energy flying towards me, and i was too weak from retching to even move. So i just closed my eyes and braced myself only for the wave to never hit me. Confused I cracked open a eye only to cringe and gasp at the sight that met my eyes. On the ground at my feet lay Luna her once flowing mane now limp and lifeless. Her beautiful coat dulled and pale as she lay in the mud frothing at the mouth.

"OH would you look at that another fool has only postponed the inevitable." Pestilence said smugly as he began to walk towards us. While i dropped to my knees and grabbed Luna and pulled her close.

"Any last words?" Pestilence joked standing over me his staff raised high over head.

"You will pay dearly for this." I said my voice quivering in rage. While with a mental command Luna and I were bathed in green flames. That quickly faded away to reveal a concerned Chrysalis and Celestia with many a exhausted changeling panting all around us.

"Get a doctor now!" I screamed startling all those gathered around into action while I stayed on my knees softly whispering into lunas ear.

"You will be fine, you will survive don't die on me, damnit don't die on me Luna."