• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 1,617 Views, 112 Comments

Nopony Escapes Stalag 13 - DJSaltine



Burkhalter comes across an injured Applejack and brings her to Stalag 13. Twilight and her friends aren't too quick to leave another friend behind and won't leave without a fight.

  • ...
7
 112
 1,617

The Rest of the Crew

Newkirk and LeBeau silently sneaked through the darkened woods, the world nearly ready to awake from the night’s cloak. A rustling in a nearby bush startled LeBeau. He jolted slightly, staring in the direction of voices, quiet yet hardly audible. He sneaked in nearby, cautious to make any noise. Slowly, LeBeau slid his hands through the bushes and carefully edged them apart. What LeBeau could see did not make any sense.

Standing ahead, a purple, short horse with a horn was talking quietly to four other colorful small horses, each of which with horns or wings. He backed away from the bush and stared with a cocked brow. Quickly, he turned back in.

A sudden face of pink came into contact with LeBeau’s face. “HI!” A loud greeting surprised LeBeau, throwing him back, muttering something in French.

“What’s going on, LeBeau?” Newkirk whispered, hiking over to LeBeau. He looked down to LeBeau’s fumbling form. “What the Bloody…”

Suddenly, a blue light blasted into Newkirk, shoving him to the ground viciously. As soon as his eyes opened, he saw the assailant. A cyan-blue Pegasus with a mane of each color of the rainbow glared down at the confused man, her purple eyes burning holes into Newkirk. “Where’s our friend?”

Both LeBeau and Newkirk were gaping in surprise, unable to speak or even move. From behind the bushes, another voice echoed to the petrified men. “Rainbow Dash!” The voice came from the purple unicorn that was talking before. A mystical aura of purple sparkles appeared over the blue Pegasus’ left ear and began pulling away, the ear moving with it. Rainbow Dash began whimpering slightly as her ear was being yanked. “We don’t know that they’ve taken Applejack.”

“Well, OW!” the blue Pegasus moaned as she was pulled near her friend. “We don’t know who… Ow! …they are even.”

“Exactly,” a white unicorn with purple mane stated coming up quietly beside the purple one. “It isn’t nice to act in such brutish ways.”

Both LeBeau and Newkirk looked back to each other, confused worry in their eyes. Newkirk began talking. “Am I hearing things, or is a bloody horse speaking to me?”

“I think we both need to speak to the colonel about a long vacation,” LeBeau responded.

The colorful creatures looked to each other in stunned silence before looking back to the Prisoners of War. The purple unicorn stepped forward a bit, nervous but brave. “I… We…” she stuttered. “We’re looking for our friend.” The others behind her nodded in agreement.

Neither prisoner spoke nor moved for several seconds. Then Newkirk stared to LeBeau. “I think this is something that Colonel Hogan should take care of…” The colors of dawn began to waken the world around them as they returned to the tunnel.


The bright sun flowed through the windows of Klink’s office as it just rose from the horizon. The slamming of a door awoke the Kommandant, whose head was resting on his desk. Hogan walked inside uninvited. Face red from both laying on the papers and anger, Klink glared up at Hogan as he leaned over the desk.

“Kommandant, I want to discuss…” Hogan stated with a fake anger before being interrupted.

“Hogan, I do NOT want to talk about anything right now,” Klink began, exhausted. “I’ve been kicked out of my bed once again and I’m behind in my paperwork.” Klink motioned to his desk full of papers, books and pens.

“That’s not it, Kommandant; I just wanted to talk to the prisoner.”

“It’s not my prisoner, Hogan, it’s… How did you know of the prisoner?” Klink stood up and walked around his desk to Hogan, an accusatory finger pointed in Hogan’s face.

“Oh, come on, Kommandant,” Hogan began, slightly agitated. “We see your men carrying in something covered in a cloak, and we know that bombs are not allowed to be in Prisoner of War Camps by the Geneva Conventions, so it was the only other logical explanation.”

Klink appeared to believe Hogan’s story as he leaned away from Hogan. “Either way, she’s not my prisoner, she’s Burkhalter’s.”

“A woman, huh?” Hogan smirked.

“Well,” Klink began his mind obviously somewhere else. “She’s not…”

A new voice entered the conversation. “Let Hogan speak to her,” Burkhalter interrupted unceremoniously. “He is allowed to speak to new prisoners.”

Klink stood up as straight as he could, his face showing great surprise. “I was about to suggest that to Hogan, Burkhalter, sir.”

Burkhalter’s face radiated annoyance. “Of course you were, Klink…” He looked back to Hogan. “Hogan, you may speak with the prisoner.”

“I refuse to take ‘no’ as an answ…” Hogan started, that is, until he took in what Burkhalter said. His stubborn face turned to one of surprise. “Did you just say what I thought you did?”

Burkhalter smirked and nodded. “Indeed I did, Hogan.”

Hogan was taken aback by Burkhalter’s words. “I’m starting to get the feeling that we’re fighting other humans.” Burkhalter showed slight annoyance.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the long delay between chapters, I've been getting myself off of my medication, so I haven't been feeling like myself. I wanted to get this out sooner, but I couldn't get myself to writing.

If this seems short, that's because it is. I intended to have more, but it'll end up way too long in comparison to the others, so I split it up into two different parts.

The talk with Applejack will commence shortly.