• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 1,617 Views, 112 Comments

Nopony Escapes Stalag 13 - DJSaltine



Burkhalter comes across an injured Applejack and brings her to Stalag 13. Twilight and her friends aren't too quick to leave another friend behind and won't leave without a fight.

  • ...
7
 112
 1,617

Interrogation

Burkhalter and Hogan stood in front of the guest house, two guards watching them carefully. Burkhalter cleared his throat as he placed his hand on the door handle. “I think I should go in first and let her know about your entrance.”

Hogan raised an eyebrow. “As you say.” Hogan let Burkhalter walk in alone.

Inside, Burkhalter cleared his throat again. Placing his arms behind his back, he called out, “Miss Applejack?”

A surprised gasp came from the window where the Earth Pony stood, staring out at the world. “Oh, Burkhalter, sir, was just…”

“No need to explain yourself, dear, you are my guest, after all.” Burkhalter’s face turned a bit more serious. “Now, I’ve come to let you know that there will be a prisoner who’ll be talking with you.” Burkhalter noticed Applejack’s confused expression. “It is required by law in war times… well, you get the idea.”

Applejack smiled nervously. “I think so…”

Burkhalter nodded. “Just remember that if he tries to do anything strange, yell out so the guards outside who can hear.” Burkhalter opened the door and walked out without another word, leaving a very worried Applejack to herself.

Burkhalter stepped past Hogan outside. “Remember, Hogan, no funny business.”

Hogan smiled slyly. “How am I supposed to make her laugh, then?”

Burkhalter frowned as he walked away. More so to himself, he responded, “It’s no wonder you’re losing the war.” He walked back to Klink’s office.

Hogan entered the room, its beautiful interior entrancing to the sight. He didn’t see anything or anyone inside, but he could tell someone was here. Suddenly, the door to the bathroom creaked open and a small beast walked out, its brown hair covered by a Stetson and done up in a ponytail. Hogan couldn’t help but feel his legs buckle underneath his weight, the strange sight messing with his mind. Suddenly, a sound echoed through the quieted room. “Um, are you alright, there?”

Hogan stumbled back, frightened by the sudden voice coming from the little pony. “You… you…” he stammered, “You talked…”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Uh, yeah, I can talk.”

“I- I- I don’t…”

Back at the Kommadant’s office, Klink and Burkhalter were huddled around an audio device, listening in on Hogan’s conversation. Klink chuckled quietly. “You know, sir, I’ve never heard Hogan stutter so much.”

Burkhalter raised an eyebrow and looked to Klink. “Then you now have an idea on how you sound all the time.” Burkhalter turned back to listen in.

Klink shook his fist slightly at being insulted, but nodded acceptingly of his superior officer.

In the guest house, Hogan finally got his bearings together. “Who… What are you?”

Applejack smiled lightly and replied proudly. “I’m Applejack, and I’m the Element of Honesty.”

Hogan raised an eyebrow. “Er… What are you?”

“Oh, right,” Applejack muttered. “I’m an Earth Pony. Um, are you all the same here?”

Hogan chuckled nervously. “Basically. What other kind of Earth Ponies are there?”

“Well, there are Pegasi and Unicorns, but they’re not Earth Ponies. We Earth Ponies tend the ground while the Pegasi control the weather and Unicorns use magic.”

Hogan gave a sly smile beyond his surprise. “I see…” He chuckled to himself. “What do you think about Kommandant Klink and General Burkhalter?”

“Was Klink the lanky one or the round one?”

Hogan’s smirk widened. “I wouldn’t think of Klink as ‘lanky’, more of a proud eagle.”

“More like an aged, bald eagle,” Applejack stated to herself. “So Burkhalter’s the bowling ball, right?”

“I suppose so.”

Burkhalter set an uncertain hand on his gut. He looked to Klink, who was setting an unhappy hand on his shiny head. “Am I really that round?”

Startled, Klink took his hand off his head and looked to Burkhalter. “Oh no, sir. You are as fit as a fiddle!” He gave a comforting smile.

Burkhalter still frowned. “I guess that’s why you’re not the Element of Honesty.” He returned to listening to the conversation.

“Back to you,” Hogan quickly began, trying to get them back on track. “How did you get here?”

Applejack raised her eyes in thought, recalling the events. “My friend Twilight Spar… er, Snarkle… was testing a new teleportation spell when it must’ve picked us up instead of apple she was trying to hit.” Hogan watched in fascination. “Then, next thing I know, I was hit by something. Next thing I knew, I was talking with the eagle and the butterball.”

Hogan wandered around the small house for a bit, steps coming out more as stiff and unnatural. “So you were teleported. Anyone else?”

Applejack watched him suspiciously. “I think my friends also might’ve been brought here.”

“What are their names?”

Applejack looked around cautiously. “Um, well, there’s Rainbow… Crash, er, Hairity… urm, Spitie Pie… and, erm Flutterguy.”

Hogan nodded slowly, taking in her lies. He then turned to the lamp in the center of the room. “Well, I got nothing else to ask, so I’ll just wait here until Schultz picks me up.” He quietly took the bulb on the top and squeezed his thumb over it to mute his voice.

Klink turned to the doorway, Schultz standing in the opened office. Klink cocked his head in confusion and annoyance. “How long have you been there, Schultz?”

“The whole time, Kommandant,” he responded with a salute.

Klink shook his finger in Schultz’s face. “Very well, Schultz, I’ll deal with your eavesdropping later. For now, I want you to return Hogan to his barracks.”

Schultz saluted. “Yes sir, Kommandant.” He began to walk out of the room, when he stopped and turned back to Klink. “Kommandant, what if she is attracted to me?”

Burkhalter turned to their conversation. “Attracted? To you?”

“Y-yes Burkhalter, sir.” Schultz carefully responded. “I do have a way with women.”

“Sure you do…” Burkhalter stated off-to-the-side.

Klink returned to the conversation. “Schultz, I’m sure she’ll have no problem staying away from you.”

Schultz turned to Klink. “But if she can’t, Kommandant.”

Burkhalter interjected. “Then use force.”

Schultz shook his head dejectedly. “I would never use force on a woman.”

“How about on a man,” Klink began, inching closer. “On the Russian front?”

Schultz saluted and walked out quicker than he’d come in. Klink returned to Burkhalter’s side like a guard dog.

Hogan looked over to Applejack and quietly whispered to her. “I know you are lying. Now I don’t know why, but I want you to trust me. Is there a way for us to get you back?”

“I…I…” Applejack stuttered, not entirely certain about answering. “I guess Twilight might be able to be get us back…”

“Do you know where she is?”

“They’re probably back where we came from…”

Hogan didn’t say anything, but nodded and released his hand from the speaker. Suddenly, a loud bash came from the door as Schultz entered. “Coronel Kogan, you will return to the barracks,” Schultz exclaimed, standing tall. “I will be escor…tin…” Schultz stared at the elephant in the room, stuttering with wide eyes. “I… I… I see nothing!” He shook his head slightly.

“Um…” Applejack started, tilting her head forward. “Is he alright?”

Schultz’s eyes widened even larger. “I hear nothing! I hear nothing! I. KNOW. NOTH-ING!!”

Burkhalter turned his head to see Klink. Klink shakily faced Burkhalter, smiling nervously. Burkhalter looked back to the device. Klink frowned and shook a fist in anger at Schultz.

“Is he alright?” Applejack asked again, a little more concerned than before.

Hogan walked up to Schultz and placed an arm over Schultz’s shoulder. “He’s fine: he’s just blind, deaf, and dumb.” With a great smirk on his face, he lead the blubbering giant back to the barracks.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry about the long wait, but I hope this part makes up for the wait.