• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 1,006 Views, 5 Comments

The Nightmare in Ponyville - FluttershyFan5



A horrible creature comes and destorys Ponyville.

  • ...
17
 5
 1,006

2- The Journey to Danger

Derpy was trotting outside delivering mail to other ponies. She was humming a little song about muffins she heard once. Derpy saw a huge black cloud and flew over to it. "Hi Rainbow Dash!" Derpy called out to Rainbow. Rainbow turned her head toward Derpy and her face started to brighten with joy.

"Oh you don't know how excited I am to see you here Derpy!" Rainbow joyfully shouted.

"I'm guessing you need help, wait here I'll be back Rainbow." Derpy said with a smile. Rainbow waited for Derpy to return, but sadly she didn't. "Oh, that feather brain can be really annoying when she wants to be." Rainbow said angrily. Kicking up some grass in frustration. Derpy quickly came back with some rope.

"Okay Rainbow, all you have to do is grab this rope!" Derpy shouted to Rainbow. Rainbow didn't see the rope coming toward her, and it hit the side of her head.

"Aw, darn it Derpy!" Rainbow shouted in pain.

"I'm sorry Rainbow, you know sometimes it's hard to see with these eyes." Derpy replied sadly. Rainbow didn't mean to yell, but she couldn't help herself.

"Derpy, sorry for yelling at you, but I really need to get out of here." Rainbow said slowly and calmly.

"Oh, sure Rainbow. I can get you of there in about three seconds!" Derpy called out throwing the rope gently to Rainbow. Rainbow Dash caught it and tied the rope onto her waist.

"Okay Derpy, I'm ready!" Derpy pulled the rope toward her and flew up to pull Rainbow into the air. Rainbow was stuck at first, but she twisted her body and came free. "Thanks a whole bunch Derpy, bye!" Rainbow called out to Derpy quickly flying to her friends. Derpy picked up her bags and continued to deliver mail.

Soon everypony gathered near the town hall to hear the princess's speech. "My little ponies," Celestia began,"I welcome you all to this speech for the brave mares to volunteer to destroy Discord." Everypony gasped and others were covered in fear. "I introduce you to: Twilight Sparkle, my great student; Applejack, the honest and trustworthy pony we all love; Fluttershy, the pony that shows her kindness to everypony; Rainbow Dash, this pegasus pony will do anything to help those in need; Rarity, she will show her spirit through her wondrous dresses and vests; and last but not least, Pinkie Pie, this energetic pink pony will bring a smile to your face in a matter of seconds." Princess Celestia bowed and returned to her castle. Everypony was pounding their hooves against the ground in applause.

The main six got their things and started walking toward the northern part of Canterlot. They walked past staring eyes of the regular ponies that lived there. Pinkie nodded to her friends and trotted around telling everypony what was happening. Everypony got a little spooked at the name "Discord". Twilight took out a piece of parchment and started to write, "Everypony, don't be alarmed. The princess has asked us six ponies to stop the evil Discord." She then gave the letter to the mayor of Canterlot, and started to walk off with her friends.

"Twilight, are we there yet?" whined Rarity.

"Rarity, does it look like we're there?" Twilight said annoyed.

"Well, uh no it doesn't. I'm just not that patient and you know that." Rarity said not looking at her friend.

"Um, I don't mean to interrupt, but there's something over there above the castle." Fluttershy said pointed at the sky. Her friends looked up and gasped at what they saw. A gigantic smoke of black had covered the castle and all around it. The six ponies quickly ran up the castle's stairs and saw what was causing it.