• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 4,354 Views, 101 Comments

What Gods Fear - SCP Pinkamena



Twilight Sparkle and her friends search for godly weapons after being tasked by Princess Celestia, but what other secrets will they find when searching for them?

  • ...
8
 101
 4,354

Highlander's Fury (Nemesis Whip)

I did you no wrong, Hephaestus. I pursue only one Olympian.


Gilda suddenly lunged at Rainbow Dash, and in her sight, time suddenly slowed. Thinking fast, Rainbow dived out of the way, and landed left of Twilight. Twilight jumped and ran towards somewhere safer, but Rainbow noticed she ran towards a doorway. "Must be where the others are..."

"Gotten faster haven't ya?" Gilda yelled. Rainbow Dash sneered for second before her face twisted in slight fear as Gilda rushed her again, the blades fanning out. She quickly rolled out of the way, but found herself struggling as Gilda pounced on top of her trying to drive the blades into her chest.

"Give me the revenge I so rightfully deserve!" Gilda screeched. Rainbow pulled her arms to the side and kicked her legs against Gilda, sending her flying a few feet away. Gilda screeched again, flying up high in the clouds. "See you dodge this!"

The greenish lightning struck near Rainbow in fast intervals, each time getting closer. Every time she moved to dodge, the strikes would circle and come back at her forcing her to keep moving. The strikes abruptly stopped as Gilda came back down, dive bombing the speedster. Once again, Gilda was on top of Dash trying to stab the blades in her chest. Dash pushed her arms to either side and kicked her again.

*Smack smack, SMACK!*

Gilda went flying away again, this time when she stood back she fell to one knee, trying to regain her strength. Rainbow saw this as an opening and flew forward tackling her. She raised her hoof and time slowed again, she looked off to the side and saw a flash square, which in turn was mentally pushed by something. Her hoof came down on Gilda's face, and she brought up her other hoof and looked on the side again, the square was still there and once again something pushed it. Her other hoof came crashing down on Gilda's head with a satisfying crack. Rainbow grabbed her head and pulled back, and she looked to her side again, seeing the dull pink square as a force pushed it.

Rainbow's head slammed into Gilda's and blood caked both of their faces. "RRRAGH!! I grow tired of you, pegasus!" Gilda screech as she launched in the air once more. The lightning was striking again, but much more faster and Rainbow spread her wings to fly up. But she forgot one important rule: Never fly during a storm, natural or otherwise. A surge of green lightning went coursing through her body, and she was powerless to stop it. Gilda then swooped down and caught her before she hit the ground, but ultimately threw her down instead.

As Rainbow fell, she felt a strong voice speak in her mind.

"Child," the elderly voice spoke, "what are you doing?"

"Falling..."

"No, descending. Will you allow such a thing to happen?"

"No..."

"Then, much like my son, Hephaestus, I give you a gift like none other, the Sack of Lightning Bolts. I once used these to kill the Titan, Typhon, and threw his remain into Tartarus. Use this gift wisely and it will lead you to victory!"

Her eyes sprung open and a light engulfed her back. She regained control and evened out, landing on all four hooves, and reached back to feel a satchel of some kind. She dug around in the satchel before finally looking up at Gilda, going in for a dive bomb.

"This time Dash, you wont get away! Time to die!" Rainbow put up an arm to protect herself, even though she knew it was useless. When the blade connected however, an arch of gold lightning stopped the attack and earned a startled screech from Gilda. Rainbow opened her eyes to see that a golden electric aura surrounded her arm, protecting it from the danger. In her hoof, it looked like something that Twilight once described, what was it called? Hands! It looked like a hand, meant for gripping and throwing. As she clumsily opened the magical hand, a bolt formed in the palm which she automatically clamped onto.

Gilda recovered for her initial shock and rushed forward to attack, but was stunned as Dash threw the golden bolt at her. Reaching back again, she felt a hilt and grabbed it, and she pulled out a sword in the shape of a bolt. Looking at the blade, she didn't notice Gilda get up and launch at her, the Nemesis Whip waving around eager to taste Rainbow's blood. Her instinct Rainbow over and she brought the blade up, blocking and parrying the attack. Rainbow slammed the pommel onto Gilda's head and came back with a vicious swipe that cut through her skin. She clutched her chest in pain, but fought it off.

Unfortunately for Gilda, Dash launched a bolt and it hit her hard. Gilda dropped the Nemesis Whip, flew back from the force and hit the wall.

STOP

Gilda groaned and sat up against the wall, and she saw Dash pick up the Whip in her blurry vision. "I thought you were loyal! I thought you would never leave someone hanging! But what about now, huh? Are you really going to kill your best friend?!"

Rainbow said nothing, looking back over to her then looking back at the Nemesis Whip.

"You may have defeated me, but good luck in the long run when you try to get the other weapons!"

Rainbow once again stared at her then flew straight towards her, the blades fanned out and landed next to her. "I will make you suffer, by taking the one thing you love so much from you..." She said as she took out Zeus' Bolt and pinned down Gilda by her stomach. She screamed out in pain and tried to wrench out the blade, was stopped by a pain on her back.

"AAAAHHH!! Please! Leave me alone, I've suffered enough already!"

Rainbow payed no mind as she moved to her other wing and severed it from her body as well. Gilda's cries for mercy went again, unheard by Rainbow Dash as she stabbed the Nemesis Whip into Gilda with a mighty cry. "Ah! This will not be victory for you! In the end... I will win!" Gilda sneered as Rainbow wrenched the Nemesis Whip from her breast bone and her blood stained her hooves and some of her face. With that, Gilda fell to the ground.

Gilda stopped moving, only to explode in an energy of light that started to convulse and twitch. The wind around Rainbow, and soon enough the five other ponies began to pick up, and whip even the mightiest rocks off the ground. The wind never died down, but they could still hear the scream.

THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!

Author's Note:

Yes, QTE (Quick time events) are still active, it's not like I don't spice things up anymore.
And here is the Zeus' lightning bolt. Despite Mythology saying a spear, I say it can be both.