• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 4,343 Views, 101 Comments

What Gods Fear - SCP Pinkamena



Twilight Sparkle and her friends search for godly weapons after being tasked by Princess Celestia, but what other secrets will they find when searching for them?

  • ...
8
 101
 4,343

Prolouge: Fallen Gods

Thunder cracked across the chaos filled sky, souls of the River Styx flow freely looking for redemption for their sins, insects that carry disease flutter about, infecting those who remain. The oceans swallowed the land, flooding the forests and quarries and the towns, the plants themselves dieing and wilting because the sun is gone from the sky. Mount Olympus itself was destroyed, the mountain crumbling. Each of the Gods who effected the world in such a way was killed by the mortal, Kratos.

The God of the Sea, Poseidon, was the one of the many to fall to him. With the help of Gaia, he killed Poseidon by brutally beating him, and eventually plucking his eyes out and snapping his neck. The next to fall to him, was Poseidon's brother, Hades. When Kratos fought him, and he ripped the very soul out of Hades with his own weapons, letting the souls of the River Styx finish him off. Helios was next. The Spartan hunting him down and, like the others, killed him. Kratos brutally ripped the head off of his body, Helios' head still screaming with the power of the sun.

The next god to fall by his hands, was Hermes, the messenger of the Gods. Hermes taunted Kratos while he ran from the god killer, but in the end Hermes fell like the others, by having his legs cut off by the Spartan and claiming his boots as a prize. While he was no God, he tried to kill Kratos either way, Hercules, with the cheering of Hera, fought Kratos to the death. While Hercules had Kratos in a corner several times, his eventual death came, and Kratos claimed his gauntlets, the Nemean Cestus, as his prize and killed Hercules with them.

With Nemean Cestus, the Blades of Exile, and Hades Claws, he set out to kill Zeus. But after his 'encounter' with Aphrodite, Hephaestus promised him a weapon and the retribution he so rightfully deserves.

Hephaestus send Kratos to the pits of Tartarus, where he would find the Omphalos Stone. In Tartarus, however, Kratos was face to face with the Father Titan, Cronus. With Pandora's Temple on his back, Cronus attempted to kill the Spartan, but ultimately failed after devouring him and cutting through his abdomen with the Blade of Olympus and stabbing through his head with said blade. After giving Hephaestus the stone, he crafted him a weapon like no other, the Nemesis Whip, a triple bladed weapon that was enchanted by the power in Hephaestus's ring. In the end, however, he was killed by the Spartan but in his last words, he begged the Spartan not to harm his daughter Pandora.

Hera, tired and exhausted, didn't fight as much as she tried to save her garden. Hera knew the secret of her garden, and waited to see Kratos die in it as an old man. Hera began to taunt the already irate Kratos, and in the end she was killed simply by a crack of the neck. Her effect on the world was one of the more devastating, because her death caused the wilting and death of all the plants in the world. With almost all of the gods dead, he set out for Zeus, and in the vain sacrifice of Pandora, destroyed the Flame of Olympus, the source of Zeus's power. And inside Pandora's Box

Like all the other Olympians, Zeus and Gaia fell to Kratos, and the Spartan finally got his revenge...

Or so he thought.

When the Astral image of Athena came to him, demanding the power he took from Pandora's Box, he claimed the box empty. When she said otherwise and demanded that he give her the power, she realized that the power he had used to kill Ares all those years ago, was not the Evils that were placed in the box...

...But the power of Hope.

Remembering Pandora's words, Kratos only told Athena that he only remembered what he had lost. In his rage, he went to strike her down again, but did the ultimate sacrifice.

He struck down himself.

Doing so, he released Hope to mankind and the blade and himself became weak and powerless. Athena said that she was disappointed in him, and he snarled weakly in response. She pulled the blade from his abdomen and threw it to the ground as she faded from the plain of existence, while Kratos, the God killer, the Ghost of Sparta, fell down on the ground bleeding, but in one last fit of resistance, dragged himself to the edge of Mount Olympus and dropped off.


Celestia closed the book from her library and looked up to the sky. "Such Chaos the world was when we arrived... We thought it was Discord, but even he would not cause chaos to that scale..." She placed the book to the side and shook her head. "Discord was disgusted by the chaos that the world had. He wanted to fix it. So Luna, myself, and Discord all made the deal. I would take the Sun, Luna would take the Moon and Discord would take the rest of the world and fix it. We all kept to our sides of the deal, but even then, Luna was growing jealous of the Sun. When we found the mountain, it was more a hill... Either way, we all found weapons that we vowed to never use no matter what.

Celestia sighed and walked to the throne. Her magical aura wrapped around it, before it slid to the side and she came to a vault. She knew what was inside the vault...

A pair of blades, both glowing orange with power and chains wrapped around the handles, each of the blades stained with dried blood from long ago, and each hilt with a menacing face with horns coming out of the forehead. She knew that sparks would shoot out of the flaming cracks, and she swallowed a lump in her throat before she opened the vault...