• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 4,350 Views, 101 Comments

What Gods Fear - SCP Pinkamena



Twilight Sparkle and her friends search for godly weapons after being tasked by Princess Celestia, but what other secrets will they find when searching for them?

  • ...
8
 101
 4,350

He Who Knows Nothing, Cannot Learn Anything

Petulant child! I will tolerate your insolence NO MORE!


As the six ponies slept in the castle walls, Celestia walked outside to see her beautiful city of Canterlot, lit like a lantern in the darkness. The Blades of Exile looking at her from their position on the pillow next to her, begging to be used. She gave them a passing glimpse, seeing the Ghost of Sparta pick them up and place both on his back. "Why have you brought me here?" The image asked.

Celestia licked her lips before turning to the warrior. "You aren't really here, a piece of you soul still rests within the blades... come daylight, you will disappear once again, Kratos," she said, passiveness gracing her voice. "Besides, the only thing you can do is place them on your back, you are no threat to me..."

The image of Kratos snarled at her and reached back for his blades, but only felt air. He reached again, and again, before finally giving up. "What have you done to me!" He demanded.

"Nothing, Kratos, the blades did this, not I. They have preserved you inside of them, you need to remember that they are the Blades of Exile for a reason..." She said turning back to her city. She heard his footsteps come closer, and the skin on his hands rub against itself. His breathing became heavy and more pronounced as he reached for, but only passed through her. His eyes widened at this, but narrowed as brought his leg up to kick her. Like before, it failed. He roared aggressively at her and charged but only passed through her once again.

"What is the mean of this?! Why can't I touch you?! Why do I pass through you?" Kratos yelled at her. Celestia only spared a passing glance again before wrapping her magic around the blades and ripping them from his back. He gripped his head in pain before falling silent and falling into the blades in a white orb.

"He'll be back in five minutes, after that the cycle will continue over and over until the blades are broken and his soul is free." She thought to herself staring at the blades. Wrapping her magic around the ends of the chains, Celestia flew over into the small garden where she had all the statues. Most of them were fakes, the real ones being to damaged to recognized. Swinging one blade towards the statue made it crack, swing the blades in tandem of each other made the it turn to rubble. Swinging both blades vertically caused a small plume of fire and made the ground around her shake, she then swung them up, lifting the statue and impaling it, slammed it down causing it to look like its brother statue.

Sweat clung to her brow, her next target in sight, she twirled the blades around her eventually making them cone above her and lashed out, hitting the statue in a plume of fire and ash. Her eyes, now burning blue, widened and she bared her teeth giving out a feral snarl. The blades, now burning with power, struck the ground and a small pillar of fire, rather than a plume, appeared where they struck. Her breathing was heavy, and sweat dripped off her brow, she let out a long breath before flying back up to the window and placing the blades back on the pillow. "That will calm him down for now... just until next week anyways..."

She took a deep breath once more and walked to her room, taking off her royal regalia and falling asleep.


The next day, the Elements met in the dinning hall, discussing about the mission in front of them. All of them were having their breakfast, save Fluttershy who only had an apple or two. Applejack and Rainbow Dash pointed out to Twilight that were ordered to kill whoever had the weapons. "That's true, but you need to remember she said if necessary."

"We know that Twilight," Fluttershy said, still nibbling the apple she took from the bowl, "but that's the scary thing... what if ever has them is too strong for us? Or uses one of us as hostage? Or what if--"

Applejack put a hoof over her mouth, knowing what she was going to say next. "Now, sugarcube, you know that's not gonna happen. The only way that will happen is by old age... or in Rainbow's and Twilight's cases, a stupid stunt and boredom." She said with a chuckle at the end. Fluttershy and the others soon began to giggle too, but they only stopped when a certain white unicorn stepped in the kitchen.

Rarity narrowed her eyes at him, and he copied her. "Hello... Blueblood..."

"Good morning... Miss Rarity..."

Her brows creased slightly. "Just Rarity, please."

Blueblood stood up straight with his nose high in the air. "Well, then it's Prince Blueblood to you." He looked down at the other four common mares and turned to Twilight. "Why do you insist on having them here with you?"

Twilight, while familiar with his rants, was somewhat surprised at his question. "Well... they're my friends, and the Elements of Harmony at that, and without them I wouldn't be where I am today..."

Blueblood snorted at her answer. "While it's true they are the Elements, and the reason why you're here, being your friends is an extremely hard answer to buy, because no matter the struggle, no matter the pain, your friends will always abandon you to save themselves..."

While saying this, he looked Twilight in the eye, and she saw something that she had not been expecting. Experience and knowing. Twilight looked at her friends at they all gave hostile stares at Blueblood, even Fluttershy was giving him a stink eye.

Rainbow Dash got in his face and snarled at him. "Ditch my friends huh? Well, news flash bub, I'm the Element of Loyalty, and I stick by my friends no matter what!"

"Yes, loyal like a dog until your owner disowns you and you are left to fend for yourself." He said while Rainbow sneered in his face. She reached her hoof back to punch his smug face, but her sneer and rage boiled down and she let out a deep sigh. Not wanting her blood pressure to get any higher, she stepped away from him and rejoined her friends. Blueblood gave a curt bow before walking away to the next room.

Applejack and Pinkie eyed him for a few moments before turning back to the others. "What's got his bushel in a bunch?"

"Yeah! I've seen mean ponies before, that was just plain awful!"

Twilight kept silent, thinking about what Blueblood had said. Your friends will always abandon you to save themselves... Her friends wouldn't abandon her... would they? Rainbow was too loyal to ditch someone, and Fluttershy's so kind, it's not her nature to abandon someone, especially when they need help. She wanted to ponder this more, but Celestia walked in interrupting her thinking.

"Good morning everyone! I have arrangements set up for all of you when you depart on your journey. Remember, these weapons are a danger to the world, I expect you to find them, and take care of anyone that happens to get in your way. You will need to find the Claws of Hades, Nemean Cestus, the Nemesis Whip, the Bow of Apollo, the Golden Fleece, the Boots of Hermes, and the Head of Helios."

Rarity turned a slight shade of green. "When you say 'head', do you mean like a decorative head?"

"Sadly, no, I mean an actual real head that was torn from its body." Rarity looked for the nearest trash can to vomit in, and Fluttershy came and patted her back. "I know, it's a gruesome thing to look for, but it shines with the power of the Sun, and can blind those who gaze at it for too long."

Twilight stepped up, flanked by her friends. "You can count on us Princess! So, where to first?" She asked.

Celestia smiled at her former student and pulled out a world map. "Girls, you're going to Northern Roosts, griffon country."

Author's Note:

For the Twilight's friends give hostile stares at Blueblood, it went through about four or five of them before I came out with the one in the chapter now.