• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 634 Views, 36 Comments

When In A Shadow - BassMaker



Even from within the shadow, you can still see the light. This is the story of Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Philharmonica

  • ...
2
 36
 634

Chapter Four: One Missed Day

A pleasant aroma sauntered through the house, teasing, in a most unpleasant way, one Vinyl Scratch.

"Taaaviii! When's dinner gonna be done?"

"If you keep whining about it, it will only take longer. Anyway, the daisies are almost done, give me, oh I don't know, ten minuets?"

"But Taa-aa-vii-iii, I'm hu-uu-uu-ngry-yy-yy. Isn't this a war crime?"

"What?" Wait, I know where this is going, crap.

"Cruel and unusual punishment?"

"So, you're saying you need to be punished?" What? Ohh, no. No. No. No. No. I did not just say that.

"What? Celestia, did you really just say that?"

"I-" *BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP* "Fuck, dasies..."

"You do what to dasies?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you gonna tell me about your daisy fetish?"

"Vinyl, do you even know what fetish means?"

"Well, of course I do. It means... ah... um..."

"Let me help you," I rise from my place at the table and go get my trusty old school dictionary. "It says: Fet-ish noun, 1. an object that is believed to have magical power. 2. Something to which excessive attention or reverence is given: an age in which hygiene has become a fetish. Nothing to do with what you though it did."

"..."

"Finish your dinner so I can go to bed. I'm going to go fit your room with fresh sheets."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the bed was fitted with fresh sheets, I went looking for some headphones.

"I don't know how your house works, but normally sheets are in a linen closet, not the study"

"EEP!" I shoot a menacing glare at Vinyl. "I'm not looking for sheets, that's already done with. I'm looking some headphones. I want to listen to my new music."

"Oh, you could've just asked me. I've got loads of them. C'm'on, follow me." Are we going to Wubbsy? Yes, yes we are.

"Thank you, Vinyl." I finally get to listen to that record. I wonder what kind of music she makes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I was ready to crawl into the folds of my bed, I plugged the headphones Vinyl gave me into the record player. I removed Vinyl's... vinyl from the stack, removed it's cover, and set it on the deck to play. It started with some loud cheering. Oh... That's why this album was so expensive, it's live.

"This is DJ-PoN3, the Diva of Dubstep, here to rock the house with y'all. So let's make some NOISE!" Ow.

The first song on the track was something called 'Pony Rock Anthem'. It started out fine. I closed my eyes and even started doing a stupid little dance. That is, until I heard her; the pink menace. My eyes snapped open... only to find bright ruby red ones staring back. What did I do? I screamed.

"I knew you'd react this way. Everypony does." She quickly closed her eyes. Then I registered the voice, and then the horn, white coat, and the ragged, beautiful, bright blue mane. Vinyl.

"What? No! I screamed because I was in here making a fool of myself, not expecting anypony else to be in here. No, you have beautiful eyes!"

"Really?"

"Really, Vinyl. Your eyes are gorgeous from what I saw. Can I see them again?" She cautiously opened her eyes. "Your eyes are amazing Vinyl! Actually, could you not wear your glasses while you're here?"

"...Only if we don't have company."

"Thank you. Why did you show me? You said, and I quote, that 'Even if the princesses asked my to take them off, I wouldn't'. So, why?"

"I don't know, you've just done so much for me after knowing me for... not even a day. I just thought that I might be able to trust you with this."

"Well, if you trust me that much, you should look at the record player."

"Huh?" She trots over. "Heh. Pony Rock Anthem. Not my best piece. The next track's way better. Do you mind if I stay to listen?"

"No, not at all." So we sat on my bed and listened.
***************************************************************************************************************************
A/N Hey, so, sorry if this isn't any good. (I'm sure it's not) But don't worry, I'll (hopefully) have more tomorrow! Like it, favorite it, comment on what you like, don't like, what you want more of, less of ect. See you all in 20-40 hours! Here's Pony Rock Anthem: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCihrA91f-Q