• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 3,089 Views, 55 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Myths of Equestria - SoundBreakers



What do you get when you mix card games, Greek gods, ponies, and the primordial Greek Titan of Chaos attempting to subjugate two planets with a world ending apocalypse?

  • ...
15
 55
 3,089

Chapter 3: The Unification of Universal Allies

Jason and the others were as confused as shit. Their day had gone from really weird, to downright terrifying to pure confusion as they were shunted about London by the very physical police with little indication as to what was really happening to them. Ashley couldn’t stop groaning the whole ride due to her boredom, and Jason, Sammy and Teagan’s presence was probably the only thing stopping Chris from nailing her one in the jaw, his eyebrows screwed up in irritation. They were about to reach boiling point when they arrived with a lurch at their destination.

“It’s time to get out kids,” the sergeant commanded, opening the van doors to release the duelists into the street. They let out a collective gasp when they realised where they were; right in front of the spatial rift where Jason and Chris had been transported to Equestria in the sky. Their eyes flitted around nervously as they were approached by a cache of officers, the sergeant from earlier fronting their approach.

“Hello children, I’m sergeant Pepper from the Metropolitan Police. We understand that you are the duelists known as Jason Tyrell and Chris Haddock, amongst your friends, and that you are the first people known to make contact with the aliens on the new planet,” he inquired, earning an exasperated look from the assembled group.

“They’re not aliens, they’re ponies,” Jason insisted. The sergeant rolled his eyes and continued.

“Regardless, you were the first ones on that planet, so we decided that you should be the ones to help us out with a little situation we have here.” The kids raised their eyebrows in amusement.

“And what is it you want us to do?” Chris questioned incredulously. Pepper gestured towards the crackling rift in the centre of the schoolyard, surrounded by research scientists operating several rows of improvised computer banks, wires connected from the computers trailed from the banks into a large van, its side emblazoned with the logo of the Metropolitan Police. Jason noticed that the rift was crackling a lot more than when he had first seen it earlier in the day. Pepper motioned towards the crackling energy.

“When you five passed by this way earlier, the energy output of this rift tripled in its intensity,” he explained, the confused stares of the teenagers turning to unexpected nervousness. The policeman continued.

“This energy output has remained constant but its form is continuously mutating. This “Anomaly”, as we’ve called it, is proving to be extremely dangerous to our technology, if you’d look at our computers.” The duelists looked towards the assorted computer banks and realised what the sergeant had been talking about; there was rust building up around the ports of the computers and around the wires. Jason watched in awe as the metal in one wire burst from its rubber coating, growing from the split end like some horrendous rusty tumour. The computer it was attached to began to spark and smoke and the scientist working it ducked from the bank as a final bang was heard, and the screen went black. Pepper sighed.

“We’ve lost £3,000 worth of equipment already, but it needs to be done if we are to figure out what the Anomaly really is.”

“Have you tried going through it?” Pepper shot his gaze back towards the frightened teenagers.

“Who said that?” he questioned angrily.

“That would be me,” Chris replied, smirking slightly with his arms folded. Pepper stormed over to the unruly teen and growled.

“What we have here is a miracle of science, a proof to our world that alien life exists, and is in its very nature is a rip in space and time itself. Do you think we would be so stupid as to go through this thing?!” he bellowed. Jason, Teagan, Sammy and Ashley all cowered and covered their ears at the sergeants outburst, whereas Chris, whose face was almost pressed up against the furious Pepper, looked onwards with complete calm, with no negative emotion displayed on his face. The other scientists and policemen had stopped concentrating on the Anomaly for a moment and all eyes were on Chris. He opened his lips slowly,

“Jason and I did it.” Pepper looked on, dumbstruck, as Chris simply turned and walked back to his waiting friends, all of their jaws glued firmly to the ground. Sergeant Pepper almost exploded with anger, when the Anomaly did the explosion for him. The sound of a supersonic jet taking off mixed with an exploding grenade and thunder striking sliced through the air as a great column of crackling light shot from the Anomaly and piercing the heavens above them, decimating the cloud layer and striking the image of a castle on the illusionary planet above them, while a great gust of wind erupted from the Anomaly’s core, blowing back all the computer banks, rust exploding from them vehemently, and all the assembled humans were also knocked onto their backs from the great force of the gust. Jason pried his eyes open against the hurricane gale surrounding them, enough to see seven smudgy black strips flowing down its length before merging with the core at the bottom. As soon as the strips hit the shifting core of the lazorrr beamz, the light, wind and sound stopped at once. The assembled humans found themselves climbing back onto their feet and dusting themselves off haphazardly, no one paying attention to the six ponies and baby dragon that now stood in front of the core. It was a full thirty seconds before anyone saw them. That someone was Ashley.

“Oh my gosh, ponies!” she squealed. All at once, every human there exploded into hurried conversation. Scientists argued amongst each other with the policemen contributing in no helpful way. The only beings not talking were the duelists and the ponies. They stared at each other awkwardly, while Ashley hopped from toe to toe, giggling in excitement. Jason and Chris gave each other an, “Yeah, we know what we gotta do,” look, while Teagan and Sammy simply shrugged. The ponies looked amongst each other nervously while also giving Chris a wary look, the memory of what had happened to him still etched in their brains. Gradually, Jason and Chris, the others following behind them, began walking towards the gathered ponies. The two groups looked at each other awkwardly.

“So...” Jason started.

“Yeah...” Twilight replied. The humans and the ponies scratched their heads with their hands and hooves in silence, only the sound of Ashley’s hopping feet resonating through the air.

“On behalf of the human race, I’d like to welcome you to Earth,” Jason said, smiling weakly. He offered his hand to the pony leader in front of him, but Twilight blushed and turned her face away. Rarity sighed in exasperation and walked up to where the outstretched hand lay.

“Charmed. My name is Rarity and these are my friends; Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash,” she introduced accepting his hand in her hoof.

“Nice to meet you all,” Jason replied, the awkward air beginning to disappitate from the assorted beings. Ashley finally couldn’t take it any more.

“OH MY GOSH YOU ARE ALL SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!” she screamed, giga-hugging all the ponies in quick succession. She split from them after approximately thirty seconds of hugging and rejoined the humans. The ponies were all mostly in shock, except for Pinkie Pie, who was behaving just like Pinkie Pie would (Explains all you need to know).

“Ashley!” Teagan hissed, with Chris, Sammy and Jason giggling in the background.

“Sorry,” Ashley replied sheepishly. Chris stepped forward to the ponies.

“And our names are Chris, Teagan, Ashley, Sammy and Jason,” he informed, gesturing to the people in question. While the ponies were still wary about him, they smiled politely and made their greetings. Twilight took the next opportunity to speak.

“Hi there everyone, we really are glad to see such friendly people on our first visit,” she nodded, earning a murmur of approval from the others, “but, our arrival, as you can guess, is not a good omen. We are on a mission from our Princess, Celestia, to find out more about these gods that we saw you duelling with.” The mood turned more melancholy after her words, and Jason took the opportunity to speak.

“I see. So you’ll be wanting our help then.”

“Ideally, yes.” Jason sighed, looking back towards his assorted friends with questioning eyes. In return, he received a mix of shrugged shoulders and general approval. He smiled and turned back to the ponies.

“We’d be happy to help in any way we can, we’re not too enthusiastic about this scenario either.” Twilight and the others beamed in happiness and she leapt up to Jason, hugging him. He was caught aback by the sudden onslaught but eventually smiled and let go. The ponies look extremely happy at his words, and Pinkie Pie was about to explode.

“NEW FRIENDS TO HELP SAVE THE WORLD PARTY GOOOOOOOOOOO!” she cried, pulling a large pink cannon out of nowhere (her arse) and shot a humongous cannonball into the sky. The assembled humans and ponies jaws dropped as the cannonball went hurtling through the air and crashed into a distant object, the sound of a screeching cat echoing through the air. They looked at her appalled her face twisted with a guilty smile.

“Sorry, wrong cannon.”



“Mistress, the ponies have arrived on Earth,” Shane informed, kneeling before his commander. Khaos, laid back seductively on her black, horned throne.

“Excellent, now we can resume the plan,” she spoke slowly. Shane grinned and looked up at Khaos.

“Would you like me to announce the challenge now my Queen?” he asked. Khaos nodded slowly, a wry smile forming upon her black lips.

“Indeed, and make sure they know to be scared.”



“And that’s why Field Spells are underrated!” Twilight finished. The humans had been incredibly surprised at the ponies vast knowledge at duelling, until Twilight had informed to them the root of their knowledge. The existence of the orb of their Earth has greatly disturbed them to say the least.

“I agree completely, but that doesn’t mean that Continuous Spells aren’t more useful and generally more versatile!” Chris responded. The argument had gone on for about three hours now, and following their leaving the schoolyard, preceded by a minor mind wipe spell from Twilight on the assembled police, they had wandered across Park Lane into Hyde Park, where they had stopped for food. The humans had initially been surprised at the pony’s presence, but a quick rebuttal from the humans had shut them up quickly. Jason dully realised that they would be front page news shortly, but couldn’t find the will to care. While the ponies had initially been uncomfortable with the human’s (especially Ashley’s) obsession for meat, they had found ice creams and other sweets to eat instead. They were now relaxing by their own on park benches, happily engaging in chats with each other.

“And that’s how Equestria was made,” finished Pinkie Pie, who had completely enraptured Ashley with her story.

“Wooooaaaaah,” the girl replied, “You are smart!” Twilight merely facehoofed. Jason grinned and watched the nearby duelists engaging in friendly games as training for the Serpentine Lake Duelling Competition. The tournament was an extremely prestigious affair, and was the main tournament held in London every year. Duelists from all over the world would sign up to participate and only the best of the best would be able to make the cut. Jason and the others had tried this year but had once again failed to get in. Twilight looked over to Jason, who was lost in thought. She followed his gaze over to the duelling teens and smiled.

“You really have a passion for duelling don’t you?” she inquired. Jason chuckled and looked back at her,

“Is it that obvious?” he joked. Twilight merely chuckled and continued.

“Yeah pretty much. So, do you want to duel?” Jason and the other’s jaws dropped at Twilight’s question. She looked around,

“What?” she questioned.

“This... is going... to be... awesome!” cheered Teagan, and the others nodded in agreement.

“How so?” questioned Chris.

“A human versus a pony? Sounds interesting.” Chris replied, smiling lightly with his arms folded. Jason grinned and looked at Twilight.

“Let’s duel.” Both players stepped out into the road running through the park and equipped their duel disks. Jason took his from his backpack while Twilight conjured hers from thin air. The duel disks connected with one another, and the female automated voice echoed through the air, confirming that the duel was ready. Jason nodded to Twilight,

“You go first.”

“With pleasure.”

“I can’t wait to see my brother get beat!”

“Shut up Ashley.”



DUEL START

---------------------------------

JASON LP: 4000

TWILIGHT LP: 4000

TWILIGHT TURN 1:

DRAW PHASE:

Twilight grimaced at the hand she’d been dealt, but decided there was definitely something she could salvage from it. She placed her hoof to the top of her deck and drew her card.

MAIN PHASE 1:

“First I activate my Pot of Duality!” Twilight cried, slamming her card onto the battlefield. The light blue pot shimmered into existence in front of the pony and promptly burst open. “And I’m sure you’re well aware of what it does,” Twilight finished. Twilight reveals Chaos Sorcerer, Synchro Fusionist and Super Polymerization. She adds Super Polymerization to her hand and shuffles the rest back into her deck.

“I set one monster and three face down cards and end my turn.” Jason smiled, this was going to be fun.

END PHASE:

---------------------

STATUS:

JASON:

LP: 4000

HAND: 5 CARDS.

MONSTERS: X

SPELLS/TRAPS: X

TWILIGHT:

LP: 4000

HAND: 2 CARDS.

MONSTERS: 1 SET.
SPELLS/TRAPS: 3 SET.

-----------------------------

JASON TURN 1:

DRAW PHASE:

Jason placed his hand over his deck and ripped the top card from it. He smiled slyly.

MAIN PHASE 1:

“I activate my Gadget’s Cornucopia of Cogs!” he declared. The great brass sphere appeared onto the battlefield, clad with cogs, pistons and other malarkey. The others gasped as they recognised this card from his first duel on Equestria.

“I activate its effect, go coin toss!” The lid from the sphere burst off as a great gust of steam shot from it. The panel span through the air until resting on the ground “TAILS”. Jason grunted while Twilight smiled.

“Nothing then...” Jason muttered unhappily, “No matter, I summon my Yellow Gadget, and add Green Gadget to my hand!” The yellow machine popped onto the field and its cogs began to whirr with a green energy. Eventually, the energy span from the gears and shot onto Jason’s deck. The top card slid itself out and Jason took it, revealing Green Gadget to Twilight, who nodded.

“Next, because I control a Gadget Monster, I can special summon my Gadget Hunter!” Jason continued, as the metallic bounty hunter materialised onto the battlefield.

“Now I equip him with the Yellow and Green Gadget on my field and in my hand.” The gadgets jumped onto the hunter, the Yellow Gadget inserting itself into a gap in his gun, while the Green Gadget equipped itself to the hunter’s chestplate.

“Now for the fun to begin,” Jason smiled.

BATTLE PHASE:

“Because of the Yellow Gadget on my monster, I can attack you directly!” Jason cried. Twilight looked shocked.

“Oh no!” She exclaimed.

“Oh yes!” Jason replied, “Gadget Hunter, blast away at her life points!” Gadget hunter aimed its pistol at Twilight and shot a yellow bolt of light at its foe. Twilight braced herself for the impact, but soon realised, to her amusement that it was just a very realistic hologram.

Gadget Hunter <--> Twilight

Twilight LP: -1800

Twilight LP: 2200

MAIN PHASE 2:

“I set one card and end my turn,” Jason finished, the duel was going his way.

END PHASE:

---------------------

STATUS:

JASON:

LP: 4000

HAND: 1 CARDS.

MONSTERS: Gadget Hunter

SPELLS/TRAPS: Yellow Gadget, Green Gadget, 1 Face-Down

TWILIGHT:

LP: 4000

HAND: 2 CARDS.

MONSTERS: 1 SET.
SPELLS/TRAPS: 3 SET.

-----------------------------

TWILIGHT TURN 2:

DRAW PHASE:

Twilight drew her card and huffed at it, still nothing good had come. Still, her monster was safe.

“I activate Dark Hole, destroying all monsters on the field!” she declared, much to Jason’s surprise. The familiar black hole appeared, destroying all the monsters on the field.

“But why would you destroy your own monster?” Jason questioned. Twilight merely chuckled,

“Just watch. I activate Call of the Haunted, bringing back my destroyed T.G. Warwolf, and then I summon my other one from my hand!” Jason watched as the two Warwolves were brought to the field.

“Now it’s time for an Exceed summon. I overlay my Warwolves to summon Number 39: Utopia!” Jason gasped as the golden warrior appeared onto the battlefield. Twilight tutted,

“This wasn’t even my main strategy. I’m surprised you’re so shocked.” Jason shook his head,

“Just surprised is all.”

BATTLE PHASE:

“I attack your Gadget Hunter with my Utopia!” Twilight called. Jason flicked a smile,

“I’m afraid not, I activate Gadget’s Dummybot!” Jason’s face down card popped up, and a small robot with a cute little bronze moustache burst from its image. Twilight growled in recognition of Jason’s card, while the humans merely smiled.

“This card allows me to copy your monster and redirect your attack to it, and my robot can’t be destroyed by battle!” The dummybot morphed into a mechanical copy of Number 39: Utopia, and jumped into the way of the attacking warrior. The token clashed against Utopia, swords locked, and the Heavenly Warrior was destroyed. Twilight sheltered herself from the blast and stared at Jason,

“I end my turn.”

Utopia <--> Dummbot

Utopia is destroyed

End of Battle Phase: Dummybot is destroyed.

END PHASE:

---------------------

STATUS:

JASON:

LP: 4000

HAND: 1 CARDS.

MONSTERS: Gadget Hunter

SPELLS/TRAPS: Yellow Gadget, Green Gadget,

TWILIGHT:

LP: 2200

HAND: 1 CARDS.

MONSTERS: 0.

SPELLS/TRAPS: 2 SET.

-----------------------------

JASON TURN 2:

DRAW PHASE:

Jason pulled his card and grinned,

“This duel is over!”

MAIN PHASE 1:

“Seeing as I control a Gadget monster, I special summon Gadget Spearman!” The monster busted onto the battlefield, clasping his spear tightly.

“But he wont be around for long. I overlay my Gadget Spearman and Gadget Hunter to Exceed Summon my Bronze Drake!” The two monsters jumped towards each other and morphed into small stars, which clumped together to form a nucleus. The Gadgets turned into two stars in which began orbiting around a gradually glowing nucleus. The nucleus exploded into the recognisable shape of the shining metal dragon, its golden scales glistening with sheen of polish. Twilight, although having seen the monster before, had no idea what it did. She was about to ask Jason for the knowledge when he answered for her.

“When I exceed summon Bronze Drake, the Xyz material monsters are sent to the graveyard and the Gadgets equipped to those monsters become the new Xyz materials,” he explained. Twilight raised an eyebrow in amusement, it was certainly an unusual effect.

“Now I activate Bronze Drake’s effect, I can detach 1 Xyz material monster to either equip it to Bronze Drake or add 1 Gadget card from my graveyard to my hand. I activate one of each!” Twilight gasped as the Drake bit into both the orbiting stars, releasing great amounts of energy from its mouth. Seconds later, a small version of Yellow Gadget flashed into existence inside a socket on the dragon’s belly. Bronze Drake then grinned a toothy smile before smashing its foreclaw into the ground, and the Cornucopia of Cogs erupted from the earth. Jason smiled,

“Coin toss, go!” The lid once again burst from the top, coming to rest on “TAILS”.

“And now there are cards in my graveyard, I can retrieve them to my hand. I choose my Green Gadget, Gadget Spearman and Gadget Hunter!” From the open lid of the metallic sphere shot the three monsters, all of which morphed into orange-yellow light and rushed into Jason’s hand.

“Because I haven’t normal summoned yet this turn, I summon my Green Gadget, adding Red Gadget to my hand!” The familiar Green Gadget appeared on the battlefield and spun Red Gadget into Jason’s hand.

“And now I special summon my Spearman and Hunter as I control Green Gadget, and equip my Green Gadget to Hunter and Red Gadget to Spearman. The Green Gadget gives my Hunter to power to negate your Spells, Traps and Monster effects when it attacks and the Red Gadget increases my Spearman’s ATK by 1000 points.” Twilight cowered as the monsters materialised with their enhancements equipped. She realised that even with her two face down cards, she had lost the duel. She looked towards Jason and smiled.

“Go.” Jason looked back at her, grinning in excitement.

“With pleasure.”

BATTLE PHASE:

“Hunter, Spearman and Bronze Drake, attack her life points directly!” Jason declared, and in seconds, it was over. The Warriors lashed with their spears and guns, while the Drake inhaled steam and exhaled a great gust of fire, molten metal erupting from its mouth. Twilight stood firm as she was impacted by the three monsters, her life points hitting zero.

Jason’s monsters <--> Twilight

Twilight LP - 5800

Twilights LP: 0

Jason Wins.

The holograms faded away as Twilight began to pick herself up from the ground. Jason walked towards her and offered a hand to help her up, which she graciously accepted. After looking around, Jason realised that their duel had gathered quite a crowd; at least thirty people were watching and cheering, excluding his friends. The two duelists waved at the crowd happily, embracing the honour, until both Jason’s friends and the ponies began to feel an aura, an aura that they remembered and didn’t like. They all collectively snapped their heads around to see none other than Shane standing amongst the crowd, duel disk equipped and a malicious grin slashed on his face. While the ponies had never seen him before, they gathered enough from the human’s reactions to know that the duelist was no friend of theirs. Shane raised his right hand into the air and snapped it. The clack of his fingers echoed louder than any normal signal, and their confusion was shortly justified. At once, the crowd surrounding them and Shane lost the glint in their eyes, and slowly began to move, almost unnoticeably, so that they formed a ring around Shane and the gang that separated them from the rest of the maelstrom of blank, cheering faces. Their cheers continued, but their sound had been dulled, almost if they were yelling underwater. Teagan lashed his eyes against Shane.

“You again! What have you done to these people!” he growled. Shane merely chuckled while the other humans and ponies steeled their gaze.

“Oh hello Teagan! Nice to see you! We haven’t been able to catch up since our duel earlier,” he answered, smiling eerily.

“Cut the shit arsehole, why are you here and what did you do?” Teagan seethed.

“Oh nothing much really, a simple psycho-redacting wave to keep them idle while I talk to you,” Shane answered. Twilight gasped at his words, causing the others to cast their gazes at her in shock.

“What’s wrong Twilight?” Ashley asked.

“A psycho-redacting wave is a magical pulse that puts all those affected by its curse into a zombie-like trance, forced to repeat their current action without sapience until the spell wears off. With a decent amount of power, this spell can be used as a mind-controlling agent, meaning the user can create his own army of mind slaves. That’s why it’s been banned and classed as Grimoire level magic!” Twilight explained. The other’s jaws dropped in shock as they realised the full implications of what Twilight had said.

“That’s horrible!” Jason scowled.

“How did you get access to that kind of magic?!” Twilight yelled.

“My employer is very much the person in the know,” Shane answered, earning confusing looks from the others.

“But why aren’t we affected then?” Chris inquired.

“The power of your four god cards protected you from the effects, but that’s good, otherwise I couldn’t deliver my message.” The humans and ponies looked among each other in confusion before turning back to their enemy.

“What message?” Rainbow Dash glared. Shane sighed and opened his arms wide in a welcoming pose.

“I, and the rest of the Khaos Covenant, proudly invite you to the Serpentine Lake Duelling Competition, for the chance to win the grand prize of the extremely rare card, the Serpentine Lake Archangel!” he announced, earning dropped draws from all present.

“It’s a Trap.”

“Trap.”

“Definitely a trap.” The ponies and humans echoed. Shane laughed and raised his hand into the air.

“Trap or no trap, these invitations are all for you!” he announced, just like a television presenter. He took out a sack of invitations from his backpack and tossed them out to the gang, who picked them up and analysed them.

“Every single position in the tournament is accounted for here. What happened to the other applicants who got these invitations?” Chris inquired, sifting through the invitations held by the group, one letter each. The others looked towards Shane in curiosity.

“Well, we at the Covenant are very good at getting the things that we want,” he answered. The others growled at him in anger.

“You bastard,” Jason seethed, “We’ll never participate in this disgusting tournament!” The other humans and ponies nodded in agreement. Shane merely chuckled.

“How are your parents, Jason?” he questioned. A pit of horror formed in Jason’s stomach.

“What do you mean?” he questioned, terrified. The ponies eyes began leaking as they understood what Shane meant.

“Look up,” Shane instructed. The humans and ponies looked up and gasped in horror at what they saw; a helicopter chopped through the sky with its side door open. Jason’s face fell as he saw what lay inside; his own mother gagged and held by rope and secured by two guards. The ponies burst into tears while the humans leapt to Jason’s side, to stand by their distraught friend. The helicopter vanished behind a stack of buildings and the sound of its chopping blades vanished. Jason cried out in anguish and he leapt after the helicopter, only prevented from his gambit by the restraint of his friends. It wasn’t long before he gave up altogether, resigning himself to his loss. His attention turned to one of fury.

“GIVE ME BACK MY MOTHER YOU WANKER!” he screamed, attempting to launch himself at Shane, but once again foiled by his friends. The Wanker chuckled yet again.

“If you want your mum back, you’re gonna have to take part in the tournament!” Jason growled.

“We’ll be there,” he answered. Shane grinned.

“Excellent. Be there tomorrow at 12 noon!” he informant, before vanishing in a puff of black cloud. Jason and the others glared at his shadow as the smoke where he stood began to dissapitate.

Author's Note:

Next chapter up! I've decided to keep updates to 1 chapter every 2 weeks to balance out my workload and to give myself more time to stew over ideas. And coming up next, the start of the Serpentine Lake Duelling Competition, and the other ponies will start duelling as well...