• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,020 Views, 50 Comments

Dominion of Light and Order - Zman537



What do you do when the balance is shifted in the OTHER way than most doomsdays? Well if you're Discord, throw some spice in to fix everything into your favor!

  • ...
4
 50
 1,020

Prologue: Let the adventure begin!

Discord chuckled as he looked out from the balcony of one of Canterlot Castle’s many towers. “Well isn’t this ironic.” Down below, ponies were slowly stopping their daily activities and started to look pale, even for a Canterlot pony. “You make me reform so that my chaos won’t destroy the land, and it turns out to be what you needed to keep going in the first place!” He turned around to see Celestia staring sadly out at her kingdom. “I told you that things could be too orderly Tia.”

Celestia scowled for a second before sighing. “Sadly I must admit that you were correct...” She looked past Canterlot and saw the green forests and fields that was Equestria flood with white as the imbalance spread. “But I don’t know what we can do about this. Your Chaos doesn’t seem to be working and this... void, is causing our world to fade.”

Discord grinned. “I do have one idea that might work.” Celestia turned to him and was silently pleading for him to continue. “While I was out and about the first time I was free, I noticed that something was different. It felt like we were being watched from afar. The second time when dear Fluttershy reformed me, It felt stronger. Out of curiosity, I decided to see what was causing it and lo and behold I managed to find something I had only dreamed of!”

“They were as Chaotic as me if not more so! These beings that seemed to live above us in existence. There were thousands of them just watching us to see what we were doing, and some even were affecting our world without us knowing. I don’t even think they believe we exist!”

Celestia narrowed her eyes. “What are you suggesting? That we bring one of these ‘creatures’ that you have found here?”

Discord shook a finger. “No no no no, that won’t do. While they are chaotic as me, they don’t seem to have magic of any kind. No unicorns, pegasi, griffons, dragons. Nothing. If anything they resemble all of those ponies down there more than they do me.” Discord raised his tallon and pressed his claws together. “So I’ll just let my magic do it’s thing. After all, you can’t rush art, nor can you make anything perfect.”

With a snap of his fingers, Discord vanished and Celestia was left to stand and watch as he beloved subjects were white washed. “I hope you know what you are doing Discord.”


A yawn could be heard by everyone in the small classroom as a young man slumped backwards in his seat. The boy in question was wearing a white shirt and jeans, along with a Yin Yang necklace. He looked at his five fellow classmates with his blue eyes and groaned before speaking up. “Man, this sucks. What did we even do to deserve this?”

A girl in a green sweater and long yellow skirt shuffled her sandaled feet. Her own blue eyes were darting between them nervously through her blonde bangs. “Well Zachariah. We did sort of destroy the cafeteria...”

Zachariah sat up and pointed at one of the other guys in the room. “Hey, Jeremy didn’t have to punch the guy into the other tables! If he hadn’t, that food fight wouldn’t have even started!”

Jeremy, a tall boy with jeans and a plaid shirt, facepalmed. “The only reason I knocked that guys lights out is because he tried taking out mine first.” He leveled his brown gaze at Zachariah and shifted his baseball cap. “There’s no reason to go ‘n snap at Michelle, Zach.”

The two boys continued their fight and Michelle could only sigh. “Wish they’d stop fighting so much...”

Another girl, wearing skinny jeans, and a purple v-cut shirt, nodded. “They’re quite the duo aren’t they? With Zach constantly getting into fights and being overly competitive combined with Jeremy constantly having to pull him out alive it’s a wonder that they’re even friends at all.”

Michelle nodded before blinking in confusion and looking at the girl. “What did you do to get detention Alexis? You’re not someone I’d consider a trouble maker. You normally avoid this kind of thing.”

Alexis blushed a little and coughed into her hand. Her brown eyes looking away from her fellow classmate. “Well... I may have gotten a little angry at Tobias earlier when he rigged my locker with a... cream pie.” She ran a hand through her long black hair. “And my hair was styled so elegantly too...”

Michelle gasped. “You didn’t hurt him did you?”

Alexis shook her head. “No no no no!... he’s fine.” She pointed towards the door. “In fact he’s right over there.” They both turned their head and saw a pair of legs in white slacks and torn up socks sticking out from one of the desks seats. “And.... he’s still being weird.”

“What did you expect?” The two girls looked over at the sixth and final student in the room. He was reading a book titled ‘Dragonology’ through a pair of round rimmed glasses. His deep blue eyes never left the pages as he sat upright in his seat. “If Tobias wasn’t being weird, he wouldn’t be Tobias.”

Alexis quirked an eyebrow. “And how exactly did you end up here Mr. ‘Oh so perfect’?”

The boy sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose after closing the book. “Because I was near the scene of Tobias’ prank and I happen to be his brother, the teachers assumed, as they always, do that I was involved.... again.”

A grinning face topped with a mop of uncombed brown hair, popped up from under the desk and turned to the three. “Not my fault Josh! You were just in the wrong place, at the wrong time.” His green eyes sparkled with mischief as he flipped into his seat properly, revealing his red and white tie-dye shirt.

Josh sighed and planted his head into the desk. “Shut. Up. Tobias.” He ran a hand through his brown hair and sighed while cleaning his glasses with his violet t-shirt. "How am I even related to you? We're complete opposites." A sudden chill swept through the room and everyone stopped what they were doing. Slowly, Josh stood up and looked around. “Did you guys feel that?”

Zachariah shivered. “Of course I felt it numbnuts! It’s freaking cold as hell in here!”

A meow cried out from behind them before a small cat walked over and looked at each of them. Michelle smiled a little and crouched down to beckon the cat over. “Come on little guy. It’s okay.” The cat exploded into a variety of colored lights which flew over and condensed back into the cat. Which was now purring. “H-HUH!? B-but how did you...?”

Jeremy was looking back and forth between where the cat had appeared and where it was now. “Tell me none of you are seeing this. I need to know if I’m going crazy.”

Joshua looked over at the cat and adjusted his glasses. “I wish that were the case Jeremy, but I’m seeing this too.”

Jeremy nodded for a moment before his head snapped up. “Hey wait a minute! You want me to be crazy!?”

Joshua shrugged. “For science. I never met a real crazy person and studying Tobias is impossible.” Tobias smiled and nodded furiously in agreement. “Trust me, I’ve tried.”

A ripple passed over the ceiling as an orb of what looked like green gelatin dropped on top of Joshua, forming itself into a small green top hat. “What.....”

Tobias quickly took it from Josh and ate a part of it. “Mmmmmm..... lime jello.”

Alexis was looking at him in disgust. “Really Tobias? That’s just so.... revolting.”

Tobias put on the hat and grinned. “What is? The hat or what I’m eating?”

Zachariah stood next to Alexis. “Both.” He turned and started to head for the door. “This is just getting too weird. I’m out of- Omph!” He landed on his back and groaned. “What the hell?”

A small rope was tied around his ankle. It moved the fray up to look at him before quickly wrapping his legs up. “HEY! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE D-” He was silenced when the rope made it up to his head.

While Jeremy was laughing at Zachariah’s problem, the top hat on Tobias’ head seemed to melt and move over back on top of Josh’s head. This time looking like a fedora as it secured itself in place. “Hey! Get off of me!”

Michelle was looking at the cat as it sat in a corner of the room. “Please come here... um... I just want to pet y-!” The cat exploded into color again and started to wrap around Michelle, covering her up to the mouth. The floor seemed to melt as she managed to get an arm out of her binding before she slowly started to sink into the tiles.

Alexis ran over and grabbed onto her friend's free hand and was pulling as hard as she could. She glared at the others who were either fighting their own binds or laughing at the captured. “WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!? I NEED SOME HELP!”

Jeremy didn’t even seem to hear her, and Joshua was busy trying to remove the jello hat, tripping over a desk in the process. Zachariah couldn’t help even if he wanted to. He was too busy trying to yell at Jeremy to get him down so that he could do something period.

Tobias, however, looked over and started to run to aid Alexis. Michelle was halfway through the floor and crying when he got there and started to pull as well. “Okay, the hat and cat were cool, but this is going too far!” He pulled as hard as he could and Michelle came up a few inches. “Whatever maniacal god is doing this, are you a traffic sign? Because STOP!”

Michelle looked hopeful as she started to get out of the floor when she stopped moving and a look of pure terror entered her eyes. She started to sink twice as fast as before despite the efforts of her friends and tears were cascading down her face as she was now neck deep.

Alexis kept trying to pull Michelle free even after her head sank below the tiles. “No. No no no no no NO!” Michelle’s hand slipped through hers as whatever had made her sink into the floor didn't allow Alexis to follow. “Michelle!”

Tobias was staring in shock before he turned around and saw Jeremy. He stormed over and socked him right in the face, causing Jeremy to fall back onto the floor. “Ow, Dude what was-”

Tobias pointed over to where Alexis was still clawing at the ground. “See anyone missing!? Me and Alexis needed you not two seconds ago and because you were too busy laughing at Zach, MICHELLE JUST SANK INTO THE FLOOR!”

Zachariah had finally chewed through the rope in his mouth and glared at the rest of the students, as the rope started to drag him towards a painting of clouds on the wall that were shaped like a building titled ‘Factory in the Sky’ by whatever nine year old made it. “Would one of you kindly HELP ME OUT HERE!?”

The rope started glowing a dark green before it quickly unraveled, causing Zach to spin around. His whole body glowing green. “Whaaaaaaaaaat theeeeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?” The floor beneath him shuddered as it turned into a bright orange color, wrapping itself around him and dragging him down.

Jeremy ran over to where he was standing and looked down. “Holy.... Just what the fuck is happening?” The floor underneath him seemed to warp and climb upwards, encasing him slowly in what appeared to be granite. “WHAT THE!?” He tried to move his feet but only managed to fall back as the petrification reached his knees. It started to creep up his back when it hit the floor, causing him to be stuck in a rather awkward position. “Ow...”

Alexis stood up on one of the desks. “Tobias, Josh, Get off the floor!” Tobias jumped onto a nearby desk and Josh tried to follow. However the hat on his head appeared to melt again, covering his whole head in the gelatin.

“Mmmm! Mmmmm!” Joshua stumbled around until he fell backwards into a hole that grew from the floor.

Tobias reached for him only to be pulled back my Alexis. “Don’t! You might get pulled in with him!”

“Hey! Turning to stone over here!” They looked over to Jeremy to see all but his face was now coated in rock. “This fucking sucks! Get me out of he-” The stone covered his lips and he started to glare at it in frustration.

The ceiling above them shuddered again as it began to droop and melt, dropping on top of both Alexis and Tobias, blinding them. They struggled as it slowly pulled them in and warped back into place.

Jeremy’s eyes, the only part still flesh, dilated as he looked up and saw a large pillar above him. Ah shit.... The pillar slammed down and forced him through the floor, leaving a massive imprint of where he should have been. When all was said and done, the room moved itself back into place, erasing all traces of the chaos that had occurred.

Not a moment later, the door opened and a teacher walked in before blinking and scowling. “Oh for the love of...” He walked over to the desk and picked up the phone, dialing the main office. “Hello? Yeah Kate, the six kids in here just up and left. You’re gonna call their parents... Alright.” He hung up and face planted on his desk. “Disrespectful kids.....”

Author's Note:

Yep. I did it. I started yet another story without even finishing the ones I already need to do so.

But, this is going to be a little different. I want you guys to pick which one of the six humans the next chapter will follow. Just leave your pick in the comments!

Hope you all enjoy the story and be sure to give some love to Jimmy The Grape for helping me with all the Chaos!



P.S. Don't worry, the other stories are still going to be worked on. This is just for when my brain says NO.