• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 4,971 Views, 70 Comments

An Accident Waiting to Happen - The Procrapstinator



We all saw it coming. But the one person, or dragon, who didn't makes a mistake, causes friendships to be re-examined and for better or worse, those friendships will change...

  • ...
12
 70
 4,971

Chapter 4

Fluttershy continued to watch from behind a tree, wondering when this nightmare was going to end. 'Why did this happen? All I tried to do is help Spike.' Her thoughts interrupted by a the sound of Spike screaming. She looked out from behind the tree to see Spike running at the the hydra, only for it to pick him up and throw him with an insane amount of force. "Spike!!!!!" She yelled. The hydra just now seemed to notice her. She sat there shaking in fear as she heard large footsteps coming closer to her spot. thump...thump..thump and then silence. She looked over and saw she was face to face with the creature that had matched her dragon friend perfectly in combat. She ran from her hiding spot. This however, only seemed to amuse it. It liked it when it's prey ran It let out a large roar bringing Fluttershy to her knees, covering her ears to escape. the deafening shriek. She tried to make a break for it, but was quickly brought down after she felt a large scaly hand grab her wing wing and bring her to the ground. Her wing no longer functional, she tried to run but didn't get far before feeling a searing pain in one of her hind legs and felt a foot making heavy contact with her flank. She could barely breathe. Thinking was nearly impossible. She cralled over to a bush in a sad attempt to escape. The hydra brought down It's head to finish her off. As she prepared for the end to come she closed her eyes and braced herself....but the end never came. She opened her eyes to see her purple and green colored friend kick his enemy into a tree. What came down was a less than happy male Phoenix. The firey bird came down and began clawing at it's face and body. Once he saw the hydra was "occupied" was about to leave when he noticed something out of place.

"Fluttershy?" He asked

"Spike..." was all she could say and he couldn't hear her. It looked like he was going to leave when he saw her.

"FLUTTERSHY!!!!" He yelled as he sprinted at speeds rivaling that of Rainbow Dash.

She had opened her mouth to speak but what a had come out was a barely audible squeek. "I've got to get you out of here!" Spike picked her up and started running in the direction opposite of the way they came. He nearly dropped her several times, tripping over the thick underbrush while steadily pushing towards the entrance of the forest.

'Gotta get her out of here, gotta get her to safety.' he thought, beggining to notice that energy and conciusness were slowly slipping from his grasp. 'This is all my fault! If I hadn't been so immature we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!' His pace slowed the loss of adrenaline starting to have a serious effect on him. The edge of the forest was in sight. 'I cant stop now. I'm almost there.' He stumbled out of the forest and collapsed, still making sure he didn't hurt the already injured mare in his arms. "I'm sorry Fluttershy..." were the last words he uttered before he blacked out.

(~)

Applejack was out on the farm bucking apples as usual, enjoying the fine evening. Judging by the sun, she guessed it was about 5:00, indicating that it was getting to be dinner time. Just as she began to head back, Applejack heard a bit of rustling and a loud thump thumpcoming from the direction of the Everfree. She prepared herself for combat, for anything she might encounter. But when she came around her row of trees, nothing could have prepared for what she saw. "SPIKE! FLUTTERSHY!" She galloped over to them. "Spike! Spike! What happened?! Come on now stay with me!" She said, trying to slap him awake. She then turned over to Fluttershy, who had appeared to have the worst wounds. "Hold on 'Shy, I'll get you some help!" Applejack turned around and sprinted to her house as fast as her legs. could carry her. 'What in the world happened ta those two?'

(~)

*beep* *beep* *beep* Was the sound that confused Fluttershy as she regained consciousness. 'I thought I was in the forest.' She looked down at herself, she saw a cast on her leg and on her wing. Terrifying memories of the hydra came rishing back to her. She wondered how she got in the hospital in the first place. It still felt like something was missing. She came to the realization that Spike wasn't there. She tried getting up, but after only a few inches she winced in pain. Seeing that she wasn't going anywhere, she decided to wait until morning to find out how she got there. Without any other distractions around her in the room, she easily drifted into sleep. She found herself walking around her cottage feeding her animals in the bright afternoon sun. She had just finished giving food to the chickens when she heard rustling near the forest 'Oh no, did one of my chickens run off again?' She looked for the footprints of a chicken, but what she found was entirely different. It appeared to be the footprint of a giant crocodile or alligator. 'What kind of animal is this?' she thought 'Maybe if I follow it I can find out what it is.' Fluttershy had worked with bears enough to know how to deal with large animals. Wiih the best in mind she floated into the forest following the tracks she eecognized the shape but she just couldn't put her hoof on it. She followed the tracks as thw forest around her grew progressively darker and thicker. She eventually reached a clearing where the tracks ended at a large rock. As Fluttershy investigated the faint sound of weeping could be heard. She hesitantly flew around the rock to find a small creature, though it looked familiar. "Are you okay there little guy?" The animal looked at her and after a few seconds she recognized it. "Spike?!" How did you get so small?" He looked her in the eye and asked her with tears streaming down his face "Why doesn't she love me? Why won't she love me?" Upon hearing this she stepped back scrunched her brow, trying to gather a response. "Who are you talking about?" Ignoring her Spike still cried. His cries soon turned to yells. His yells into screams. "WHY DOESN'T SHE LOVE ME?!?!?!" He let out a mighty bellow as he grew right before her eyes. Spike's form then started to churn and morph until her friend turned into a mighty hydra. Once again too afraid to move Fluttershy sat there quaking in fear. The hydra roared and brought down it's heads to strike. Just before the heads could reach her, she felt the sensation of falling and just like that she found herself awake and panting. She gazed around the room to make sure everything was in the same place as before. She came to the apparent conclusion that it would be a long night.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry about the wait, I'm not going to lie because I am the master at procrastination. I'll try to commit a little more than I already have been so that I can try to please you fantastic readers as much as physically possible. Also an ENORMOUS thanks to TheKeybronyMaster for helping me with the story. I recommend that you go read his story "Toasting a Marshmallow".