• Published 3rd Oct 2011
  • 4,777 Views, 89 Comments

Rainbow in the sky - Shiron



Rainbow Dash meets a pony who lives in the Everfree Forest. Is he a friend or an enemy?

  • ...
3
 89
 4,777

Chapter 3: The fate of the alicorns

Author's Note:

<Authors note: Sorry for the delay but here is finally the next chapter^^ This is the first version of chapter 3, in other words it wasn't pre-read yet. However I already sent this chapter to my pre-reader and when he fixed all errors and mistakes I'll update this cahpter with the new version.>

Chapter 3: The fate of the alicorns


“I don’t know what you are talking about” Shiron said trying to avoid Princess Celestia’s eyes.

“You are an alicorn just like my sister and me. Our bodies are different than the bodies of all other creatures and not matter how bad an injury is, amnesia of an alicorn will only last a few days, a week at most” she explained.

Princess Celestia tried to keep a soft and calming voice although it became more and more difficult. She didn’t want to make Shiron feel uncomfortable but she felt something strange. The way Shiron acted, the sound of his voice and most important the look in his eyes was somehow familiar to Celestia. She knew she had seen those eyes somewhere but it was difficult for her to remember.

“Even if this is the truth” Shiron responded “why would it be wrong if I’ll try to forget about my past?”

Princess Celestia realized that the sound of Shiron’s voice had changed. This wasn’t the voice of a nervous pony anymore. It was the voice of a hurt pony. The voice of a pony that wasn’t physical hurt but something even worse. Celestia became even more worried about Shiron because she realized that something had happened to him in the past, something bad.

**********************************************************************************

Some minutes after Twilight had left the throne room she reached the royal garden. She had asked Rainbow Dash to join her but her pegasus friend wanted to wait for Shiron. Her loyalty was one of the attributes Twilight loved about Rainbow Dash. No matter if it was a close friend, a new friend or even a pony she didn’t know, Rainbow Dash always cared for anypony who needed help. Twilight was very glad to have such a good friend.

While she walked through the garden she felt happy. The smell of the beautiful flowers filled the air and birds were singing. Twilight didn’t love the nature as much as Fluttershy, no pony did, but she also loved peacefully places like this garden. There was nothing better than a quiet and peacefully place and a good book.
While she stopped to smell some roses, one of Princess Celestia’s favorite flowers, her mind traveled back to the day she saw the royal garden for the first time.

It had been some days after she had entered Princess Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. She had really love books and learning, just like now, but she had always been alone except for Spike. Although he had been raised and trained by Celestia, they lived together like siblings and now Twilight wasn’t able to think about a life without him. However, during the first days Twilight had felt lost, she had missed her family and the bully in her class had made it even worse.

One night she had decided to leave the school and go home. However she had gotten lost in the castle. It had been dark and she hadn’t seen anypony. Then she suddenly had heard an odd sound almost as if somepony was crying. Although she had been scared she also had been very curios. Twilight had followed the sound until she reached a big door. The source of the sound had come from a room behind the big door.

Twilight had never entered this room before but she had been too curious to go away. Luckily the door had been ajar. Slowly the filly had entered the room and too her surprise she had found herself in the throne room. Although she had read about the throne room she had never believed that she would someday see it with her own eyes.

The throne room had been dark and only the light of the moon had illuminated it. The throne where Princess Celestia sat everyday was empty and for a short time Twilight had thought about to sit down just to see how it felt. However before she had been able to do it she had heard the sound again and Twilight had realized that she hadn’t been alone. She had followed the sound to the big balcony.

Alone and with her look focused on the moon, Princess Celestia had been sitting there. Although she had looked as proud and beautiful as ever it had seemed as if she was crying. I miss you Luna she had said but soon I’ll be able to save you.

Twilight hadn’t been sure what to do. Maybe the princess is sad and need somepony to cheer her up she had thought. But what if she doesn’t want any company now? Will she be upset? Twilight had decided to leave the princess alone but when she had tried to leave the room she had accidently made a sound.

Who is there, Twilight had heard Celestia’s voice. When the princess had caught sight of Twilight the filly had been paralyzed. In her head she had seen the worst possibilities of what might happen. It had started with Celestia being mad at her and it had ended with Celestia banishing her and her parents into the Everfree Forest. Twilight had known that Princess Celestia was a kind princess and would never do something like this but it had been, and still was, in Twilight’s nature to overreact.
However instead of something bad Celestia had just said Oh, it’s you Twilight. Can’t you sleep?, with a soft and worried voice.

Twilight smiled when she thought back. For the rest of that special night she and Princess Celestia had just sat on the balcony and had talked. She had talked about the bully in her class, her homesickness and that she missed her parents and brother. To Twilights surprise, Celestia had seemed calmer around Twilight. Maybe because the princess had known that the filly wouldn’t use any words against her. Celestia had told her about her past and her loneliness.
Twilight had found it hard to believe that Princess Celestia had also felt lonely especially with all the ponies around her and her friends. It had taken Twilight some years until she had realized that many ponies, mostly the aristocrat ponies, just tried to get advantages when they talked with Celestia. Behind her title Celestia had just been a lonely pony with only a few real friends.

Later that night Twilight had also told Princess Celestia about her book fortress and when Celestia had started to laugh Twilight hadn’t been able to resist and she had joined Celestia with her laughter. They had talked and laughed all night until it had been time for the sunrise.
For the first time Twilight had been able to see Celestia raising the sun in private. Unlike the Summer Sun Celebration this had been much more spectacular and special for Twilight. It had been as if Celestia had raised the sun just for her student.

Slowly the sun had raised and when the first rays of dawn had illuminated Canterlot, Twilight had been able to see the light of thousand rainbows awaken in the royal garden. It had been the most beautiful thing Twilight had ever seen. She had been caught by surprise when Celestia had levitated her on her back before she had taken off. The filly had watched in awe when she was able to see Canterlot from above.

Celestia had shown her all of Canterlot and after some time they had landed in the centre of the royal garden. The usually shy animals had appeared, happy to see Celestia. A bird had landed on Celestia’s head and had cheerfully sung its song for the princess while Celestia had closed her eyes. She had smiled while she had listened to the song and Twilight was able to see a part of Princess Celestia’s personality she hadn’t expected. It had been one of the best days in Twilight’s life and Twilight had even made a little crown of flowers for Celestia.

Over the time, Twilight and Princess Celestia had created a special relationship. Princess Celestia had become more than just a teacher to Twilight. She had become a very good friend and in a special way she had even become alike a big sister for Twilight. Twilight and her parents had gotten invitations to events and had even been invited to more personal events like Celestia’s birthday. Celestia on the other hoof had been invited to parties of the Sparkle family like Twilight's birthday.

At first it had been a bit awkward. Twilight’s parents had felt uncomfortable because of Celestia’s status but slowly Celestia had become a member of the Sparkle family. Celestia had even shared some personal stories with Twilight and her parents, stories she hadn’t told anypony for more than five hundred years. Sometimes Twilight had even heard that some ponies had secretly said the name Celestia Sparkle when they had talked about Princess Celestia. Although the aristocrat ponies hadn’t been able to understand that her princess had spent time with common ponies, most of the other ponies had realized something that the aristocrat ponies had never understand.
Celestia had been happy because she had finally found something she had lost long ago, a family.

When Twilight reached the centre of the royal garden she saw a dark blue mare that was sitting next to some animals. A group of playful animals had surrounded the princess of the night and some birds sang a song for Luna. She’s just like Celestia when we had been here Twilight thought. Carefully not to scare the animals Twilight walked toward Luna.

When Luna noticed Twilight she stood up. “TWILIGHT SPARKLE” she began before she realized that she once again used her royal voice. “I mean I’m glad that thou were able to visit us this quickly” she finished with her normal voice.

“I came as quick as possible, Princess Luna” Twilight responded after she bowed before the princess.

“Thou don’t have to bow before us…me” Luna said. Although she had tried her best to learn the modern way of speaking she still was unused to it.

Thousand years and they’re still bowing before us the moon princess thought with a sigh. She had never liked all the fuss with bowing just like Celestia but somehow their subjects felt it was necessary and expected by them. Celestia had given up the fight to tell her subjects that they don’t need to bow before her and although Luna had agreed not to complain when her subjects bowed before her, she didn’t want her friends to bow. After Nightmare Night, Twilight Sparkle had become a friend to Luna just like some other ponies.

“…and please call me Luna” she added with a smile.

“As you wish Prince…I mean Luna” It felt strange to Twilight to call Princess Luna just Luna. She didn’t want to sound disrespectful. However if this was what the princess wanted, Twilight couldn’t just say no.
Twilight sat next to Luna, her notes already levitated in front of the two mares. Soon they were too focused in their conservation that they didn’t see the dark clouds that formed above Canterlot

**********************************************************************************

Since Princess Celestia had received Twilight Sparkle’s letter she had wondered why Shiron would prefer a life alone in a dark forest without any other ponies. She had already known that his amnesia was just an excuse. His amnesia was nothing more than an armor that protected him from questions about his past. It had worked on Rainbow Dash and even on Twilight Sparkle because they didn’t know the secrets of how the body of an alicorn works. However, now this armor was broken and Celestia knew that Shiron also realized it. She saw it when she looked him in his eyes.

I have to help him somehow Princess Celestia thought to herself. She couldn’t just stand there when anypony suffered and she always tried to help her subjects when they needed her. In her long life she had helped hundreds, maybe even thousands of ponies personally and she would also try to help Shiron. She would never allow that her biggest mistake would happen again.

Shiron’s emotions were strong and Celestia didn’t even need her empathic abilities to sense his feelings. Although she didn’t know what had happened to him she could feel that he had the worse injury a creature could ever have, an injured soul, and she would try anything to help this injury to heal.

“Shiron” Princess Celestia slowly began, making a step toward Shiron. “I don’t know what had happened to you or why you are trying to hide you past but…”

“That’s right! You know nothing about me” Shiron interrupted Celestia with an almost angry voice. “Ponies like you don’t understand anything. You’re just living in your big palace with your guards and your employees and all ponies loving and adoring you” he continued with growing anger.

Princess Celestia was standing a few feet away from Shiron. She wasn’t really surprised by his outburst of fury. Since he had arrived she had already felt his true feelings, buried deep inside his heart. She assumed that he had buried all his feelings for several years and not just the one year he lived in the Everfree Forest. However what she didn’t expect was that his horn would be starting to glow.

**********************************************************************************

“..and thou think the ponies will like this…how did thou call it? Rollercoaster?” Luna asked still not used to all the new terms.

“Of course they will. Rollercoaster are fun” Twilight said. With a grin she added “I think you’ll also like it”

Only a few minutes had passed since Luna and Twilight had started to talk about the Winter Moon Festival and Twilight had done her best to explain Luna all her ideas. Although Luna had learned more about this fun Twilight and the farmpony had shown her, Luna was too confused when she had heard all the new terms like cotton candy, rollercoaster, House of Mirrors, Nightmare Ride or Tunnel of Love. How can a mirror be fun Luna asked herself. However she trusted the unicorn and Luna was sure her ideas would work well.

“Maybe thou can show me some of the things thou mentioned. I would like to know what this cotton candy is” Luna said with a soft and almost nervous voice. Although Nightmare Night had been a success, there were still many ponies that feared her and that didn’t trust her. Luna hoped that their fear would fade when they would see the Winter Moon Festival.

“It would be an honor to me” the lavender unicorn said trying her best not to bow. Twilight wanted to add something when she realized that it had become darker. It had become oddly quiet and Twilight saw that the animals had left the garden. When Twilight looked to the sky she froze.

A gigantic, black cloud had formed above Canterlot. The cloud was different than any other clouds Twilight had ever seen. It was moving almost like a slow vortex and by the look of the cloud it seemed that its centre was the royal castle.

“That can’t be good” Twilight heard Luna’s voice. Princess Luna had followed Twilights eyes and now she was also looking at the odd cloud that was still growing.

“Why? What kind of cloud is it?” the unicorn asked with a worried voice, her eyes now focused on Luna. When Luna looked Twilight into her eyes Twilight became even more worried.

“This cloud isn’t natural. It’s full of strong magic and I believe somepony had created it.” Luna responded.

Some parts of the cloud began to glow and soon the sound of thunder filled the air. Raindrops were falling from the sky and soon it rained heavily. The two ponies hurried back to the castle while flashes illuminated the sky. Twilight saw many ponies searching for a place to hide from the rain and even Canterlot’s weather ponies were unsure what to do.

“Twilight, thou have to wait here. I’ll go to my sister. We have to stop this storm before something happens or anypony gets hurt” Without another word Luna ran into the castle and to the throne room.

I have to find Rainbow Dash. Maybe Princess Celestia needs our help to stop this storm Twilight decided and also hurried to the throne room where her pegasus friend was waiting. While she ran she wondered if another villain like Discord had appeared and if they would once more need the Elements of Harmony.

**********************************************************************************

Stop it, his brain tried to scream in Shiron’s head. She is a princess and the ruler of this land but the wall that had kept his emotions back for all the years had already broken and his heart wouldn’t hold back anymore.

“Ponies like you don’t know how it feels when the own kind fearing and hating you because of your differences” Shiron continued. How dare she, his mind shouted angry.

Unaware that his horn started to use magic to create a growing storm above Canterlot Shiron looked back to Celestia. He looked her straight into her eyes.

All the years he had buried all his emotions no matter what they had done to him. He had buried his emotions behind a wall to erase the pain but now this wall was broken and all the emotions came back. Shiron had already forgotten who Celestia was and how powerful she was. His emotions had already taken over the control and they didn’t care if Celestia was a princess, the ruler of this land or maybe even a goddess.

His emotions had taken him back to his home and the pain had fully returned. “I had never given them any reason to fear me. I never used my abilities for my own advantages and I had never used them to harm them. The opposite is true. I had tried to help them and make their life better.”

His horn glowed more and more while the storm became stronger. Tears’ formed in Shiron’s eyes and his pain was almost unbearable. “And what had they done? They had started to hate and fear me. They had said that I was a monster. That I had been sent to destroy them!”

A magic wave escaped his horn. The windows in the room became flaws and even the stone columns started to get chapped. An ice-blue aura of magic surrounded Shiron’s body while his magic was out of control. However, he didn’t even realized it. Shiron just looked Celestia into her magenta eyes while his own eyes were filled with tears.

“So don’t even try to say that you understand me because you have no idea how I feel!” Shiron shouted at Celestia.

**********************************************************************************

All the time Princess Celestia had stood still and listened to Shiron. She had assumed that something bad had happened to Shiron but she didn’t expect this. His emotions had gone wild together with his magic. He had completely lost the control and Princess Celestia felt his pain as strong as it was her own pain.
Celestia was about to go to Shiron trying to calm him, making him feel that he was save but then he said something that made her feel even worse.

“If they really want to fear me then I’ll give them a reason to fear me” Shiron said still looking Celestia in her eyes while his own eyes starting to glow.

When Celestia looked into Shiron’s eyes she was able to see sadness, anger and bitterness. Suddenly she remembered when she had seen those eyes. It was the same look Luna had had more than thousand years ago. In her head Celestia still heard Luna’s words. Remember my words Celestia. If these ponies can’t accept me and my night, then they’ll fear me. Soon my night will last forever!

Thanks to Twilight Sparkle and her friends Celestia had finally gotten her beloved sister after thousand years back but now Shiron was standing in front of her. He had the same look in his eyes as Luna and he had even said almost the same words. For a moment she felt as weak as she was after this fateful night but then she remembered the vow she had given herself all this years ago. No, this time I’ll prevent it. I’ll save him from his sorrow.

Slowly without saying a word Celestia walked toward Shiron.

“Don’t come any closer” he warned her. He moved his horn in Celestia’s direction ready to fight her while he slowly walked backwards like a hurt animal.

However, Princess Celestia already reached him and Shiron wasn’t prepared for what she did.

Princess Celestia was holding Shiron in her forelegs while she rubbed his back with one hoof. “Everything is ok. You are save here” she whispered to Shiron.

“Stop it” he tried to break free from her. In his mind everypony had become an enemy who wanted to hurt him but Celestia still hold him in her forelegs like a caring mother. Slowly his eyes stopped to glow together with his horn.

“I’m here for you and no one will ever hurt you again” Celestia said with her soft voice. Unable to hold back Shiron broke out in tears while he hugged Princess Celestia.

“It wasn’t fair of them” he said in tears.

“No, it wasn’t” she agreed while she was holding the crying alicorn in her forelegs.

**********************************************************************************

Luna hurried to the throne room. She didn’t know what was happening but she felt that it was something big. The magic that created this storm was too strong to be unicorn magic. Luna knows that only a few creatures were able to control this kind of magic like Celestia and herself …and Discord. Was he behind this? Did he somehow escape his prison again or was somepony else responsible for this storm?

When she almost reached the second entrance to the throne room Luna realized that the magic she had felt all the time started to fade. Confused she looked out of a window. The rain had stopped and sun rays started to break through the cloud. As quick as this cloud had formed it had started to disappear. Only a few parts of the cloud were still visible while a shining rainbow filled the sky. What is going on?

Finding no answer Luna continued to run to the throne room and soon she reached the royal entrance to the throne room. Only a few ponies knew this entrance and even less were allowed to go through the golden door. Big red curtains hide the door in the throne room and along the way Luna had used royal guards guarded all doors. The most important rooms where along this corridor just like Celestia’s bedroom, Luna’s bedroom or the room where Celestia kept the Elements of Harmony. These and many other important rooms were along this corridor that was connected with the throne room. Although there weren’t any evil forces that would try to attack the princesses while they sleep or that would steal anything, the leader of the royal guards had insisted to guard all these important rooms.

When Luna was in front of the golden door she heard voices from the other side. Carefully she opened the door and entered the room. Hidden by the curtains, Luna tried to look to whom Celestia was talking to. Her big sister was sitting next to another pony, one of her wings on the shoulder of the other pony.

“I’m sorry princess” the pony said. It was a male voice and it looks like he was a unicorn. Luna still felt a bit of the magic she felt when the cloud had formed and it seemed that this pony was its source. Luna wondered if all unicorns had become this strong during the last thousand years but then Celestia removed her wing and Luna saw that the pony also had wings. Suddenly she remembered the letter Celestia had gotten earlier this morning about another alicorn.

“It’s ok. What happened to you was awful” Celestia said with a calming and caring voice. “We all make mistakes when we’re sad or angry. I know it each time when I look into the innocent eyes of my little sister, Luna”.

Celestia let her had hung and continued with a sad voice. “I try to forget and forgive what happened but when she looks at me I know that I can’t forgive.”

Tears formed in Luna’s eyes. Why sister? I thought you forgave me. Luna decided to leave. If not even her own sister was able to forgive her how could her subjects ever forgive her. However before she was able to open the door again she head Celestia’s voce again and more tears formed in Luna’s eyes.

“I will never be able to forgive myself” Celestia said.

**********************************************************************************

“I was an awful big sister. It had been my duty to protect her but I had been too weak. “Celestia’s voice was filled with sadness and guilt. “If I had been stronger I might had save her before Nightmare Moon took over the control but I had failed. Everything that had happened had been my fault and because of me, Luna had to suffer for thousand years.”

“That’s not true” a voice suddenly said. Celestia and Shiron turned their heads to the source of the voice. Princess Luna slowly walked toward her big sister her eyes wet from tears. “It wasn’t your fault” she said before Celestia had the chance to say something.

“Thou art the best sister a pony can ever ask for and thou were always there for me and helped me. However” Luna looked her sister into her eyes “not even thou have the ability to protect me from life itself. We artn’t perfect and just like any other ponies we also make mistakes. The only difference between our mistakes and the mistakes of our subjects is that our alicorn abilities can turn our mistakes into problems for others.

Letting Nightmare Moon get the control over us had been our worst mistake but it wasn’t our last. Making mistakes is a part of growing up and a part of life.” Luna looked at the ground before she continued with a sad voice.

“Deep in our heart we had known that our subjects hadn’t hated us or our night. However the more time had passed the stronger the other side of us had become. All the time we had seen how thou had tried to help us but Nightmare Moon had been too strong.” Luna wasn’t able to hold back her tears anymore.

Since the day she had returned she and Celestia had tried to avoid this subject. Luna blamed herself for letting Nightmare Moon free and Celestia on the other hoof blamed herself for not being able to save Luna when she had needed her. However none of them had mentioned how they truly felt. Seeing that her sister suffered broke Luna’s heart and she wouldn’t allow this. Celestia had always been kind, understanding and caring. Luna knew that this subject might hurt both of them for some time but in the end it would help them to rebuild the special relationship they had shared before the Nightmare Moon incident.

Celestia saw the tears in Luna’s eyes and she felt that tears formed in her own eyes. Without another word she hugged her little sister who gladly returned her sisters hug. For some time the sister hold each other while tears were flowing over their faces. At this moment they didn’t need any more words. They both had blamed themselves too long and they had apologized too often. Nightmare Moon was now nothing more than a sad memory and now Celestia and Luna were finally able to rebuild their sisterly relationship.

“Luna” Celestia said after both of them felt better. “You’re right. I can neither protect you from life nor from making own mistakes. However I’ll always be there for you and I’ll help you when you need me.” She turned her head back to Shiron. “The same goes for you Shiron. Don’t be afraid to come to us if you need help or if you just need somepony to talk to. We may not be related to each other but as alicorn ponies we are a family.” Both Celestia and Luna looked at him with a warm smile as if they wanted to welcome him to his new family.

“Thank you Princess Celestia and Princess Luna” Shiron said. Only some hours ago he was alone in his cave without any hope to find someone who understands or like him. He had had nothing but now he had friends and even a family. Everything happened thanks to the help of his new friend Rainbow Dash and he was sure he would never find a proper way to thank her for everything.

Princess Celestia thought for a while if she should tell Shiron more about alicorn ponies. She knew better than everypony else what that means. She lived for thousand years as the only alicorn and she knew how other ponies saw alicorn ponies. Knowing that Shiron would learn it as soon as he would return to Ponyville Celestia spoke again, hoping that it might help Shiron for his future in Ponyville.

“Sooner or later you will see that many ponies say that they also what to be like us. However they don’t know the truth of being an alicorn.” Celestia said to Shiron. Sadly we have to pay a high price for being alicorns she sadly thought.
“It’s true that we are gifted with wings, the most powerfully magic and immortally but that’s only the bright side. In exchange we alicorns know the true meaning of sorrow unlike mortal creatures. We are gifted and cursed at the same time. That’s our fate.”

“Does this mean that we are the only immortal creatures in Equestria?” Shiron asked not sure if he liked or hated the idea of immortally or powerful magic. He never wanted power, he just wanted true friends and a home.

“Well, there is a Draconequus that is also immortal like us. His name is Discord and once he was our best friend. However when he had grown up is heart had been corrupted by darkness and he had become our nemesis. We had hoped that he would become good again but he had crowned himself as Equestria’s new leader. It took more than two years until Luna and I had found the Elements of Harmony and in the end we sadly had to turn our friend to stone.“ For some time both sisters seemed very sad when they thought about Discord.

“I hope that I’ll someday find a way to save him from his evilness.” Celestia said and Shiron realized that Rainbow Dash was right. Princess Celestia saw in every creature something good and she would never give up to find a way to save them.

During the time in Canterlot Shiron had learned more about himself and what he is than he had ever dreamed of. However, there was still one question left and he hoped to find an answer to it. “Princess Celestia, there is still one thing I don’t really understand. I had searched for months to find other ponies like me but I couldn’t find other alicorns. Moreover, Rainbow Dash and many other ponies seemed very surprised to see a third alicorn. If there should only be two alicorns why am I an alicorn?”

Celestia had already expected this question and to be honest with herself she didn’t really know it. There were only supposed to be the alicorn representing the day and the sun and the alicorn representing the night and the moon. “I’m not sure but there is an ancient pony-tale.

Long ago before the three kingdoms of Equestria were made there had existed darkness darker than anything a pony can image. To create a better world the creatures all over our world had joined forces to fight the darkness. This new formed unity had been headed by three powerful creatures – the first alicorn ponies. After the final confrontation with the darkness only two of the three alicorns had come back. The third alicorn however had given his life to protect the others. Over the time the two alicorns had passed on but each time when one of them died a new alicorn had been born. However the legacy of the first alicorns had survived until today.

Until today many ponies had tried to interpret this tale. Some ponies are claiming that the three alicorn ponies are a metaphor for the three kinds of ponies: earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns. Other ponies interpret the tale as the birth of our world where the alicorns are standing for the sun, the moon and Equestria. Another interpretation is that the three alicorns are standing for the three kingdoms: Equestria, the Griffin-Kingdom and the Dragon-Kingdom.
However, I think that the tale was exactly what it sounds like: Three real alicorn ponies fighting the darkness to create peace and harmony. Maybe you are connected with the third alicorn of this story.” Celestia loved mysteries and she had researched many of the ancient pony-tales but none of them had her fascinated as the story of the first alicorns.

However this wasn’t the time to think about ancient pony-tales. There were still many things to talk about. Shiron was new in Equestria and he didn’t know how to live as an alicorn or how to live with the curse of being an alicorn. Before Shiron could live a happy life in his new home he needed to learn more especially how to tame his abilities.

**********************************************************************************

Half an hour later Celestia realized that it was time to end the conversation for now. The three of them had talked about many things and Celestia was sure Shiron needed some time to fully understand what he had learned today.

“Shiron, you have learned many things today but I’m sure your friends are already waiting. Maybe we should stop for today and continue another day. There are still many things you need know about alicorns but for now it’s more important that you enjoy your new life in Ponyville” Princess Celestia said with a warm smile. She knew Shiron’s life had just begun and after what happened to him he deserved a happy life.

“Thank you for everything Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.”

“You’re welcome Shiron. I’ll promise you that you’ll be fine. Your friends and I will help you to heal your wounds” Celestia said hoping to make him feel a bit better.

“I don’t think if that’s possible” was everything the young alicorn said

“Why do you say this?” Celestia said not quite sure what Shiron was referring to.

“’Cause there’s nothing left. I’ve searched in my heart for something, anything, but there is nothing left. No happiness, no dreams, not even loneliness or sadness. My heart is empty.” He already felt less and less good during the last months. He assumed that it was because of his loneliness and his sadness. During his time with Rainbow Dash and their race he had felt a gleam of hope and happiness. However since his earlier emotional outburst he had felt nothing anymore. It was as if his heart was frozen.
Shiron let has head hung. “I can’t feel anything.”

Both Celestia and Luna didn’t know how to respond. Although Celestia had felt his true emotions and even saw the sorrow in Shiron’s heart she hadn’t expected anything like this to happen. It seemed that his past had an even bigger influence than Celestia had feared but she knew a way how to break this influence. A life in Ponyville was just what Shiron needed. Everything Princess Celestia had to do was to get the ball rolling and everything else would just be a matter of time.

“Trust me Shiron, everything will turn out well and this will help you.” Celestia stepped closer to Shiron and moved her head toward his chest.

She knew not even she could heal a wounded heart but Shiron didn’t know it. Maybe if he would think she would use a spell to help him it would help him just like the placebo effect could help ill ponies. Princess Celestia’s horn started to glow and a ring of magic formed around Shiron’s neck. The magic grew stronger and soon it changed its form. The ring became a bigger and on Shiron’s chest it formed a crystal. Some moments later the magic faded and the ring of magic had turned into a silver necklace similar to Celestia’s and Luna’s necklaces. On Shiron’s chest the necklace had an oval-shaped ruby.

“This is a traditional alicorn necklace. Over the time the necklace and its gem will create a deep connection with the alicorn who is wearing it. The necklace and its crystal are helping and supporting its wearer magically, physically and even mentally. Long go the necklaces had been created to make the life as an alicorn easier.” Celestia explained. Although it was the truth Celestia knew this effect would not be enough help Shiron to heal his wounded heart.

Her necklace and more important the amethyst on her necklace had a special effect on her and more than once its inner magic had helped her. Luna had also a necklace with her personal gem and although Luna didn’t talk about it Princess Celestia knew that she also had the same connection with her necklace. Unlike all other gems in Equestria these gems were artifacts from a time long ago and a pony-tale said they had been made from a fallen star.

“Moreover these necklaces are connected with each other. I want you to give you this necklace as a welcome gift to our family. We can use its inner magic to talk with each other and to help each other even from distance. Whenever you need any help you can use it to talk to me or Luna.”

“I don’t know what to say. Thank you so much Princess Celestia.”

“You’re very welcome. As alicorns we are a family and we always help each other.” Celestia said and both Celestia and Luna smiled to show that they really meant it and that he now was part of their family.

“However I think we should really stop now. I’m sure Miss Pinkie Pie is already eagerly waiting for you and your friends.” Celestia said with a giggle knowing that the pink earth pony loved to throw parties. Celestia was sure the party pony honored her Element of Harmony by throwing a big welcome party back in Ponyville.

Princess Celestia’s horn started to glow and the big door opened. After Shiron said a last goodbye to both princesses he walked toward Rainbow Dash who already waited for him and who saw his new necklace. Although Celestia didn’t know what they were talking about she saw that Shiron acted like he felt happy. She was sure it wasn’t the first time that he had put on a happy mask to hide his true feelings.

With a nod Princess Celestia called her faithful student who quickly appeared. “My faithful student, I want you to keep an eye on Shiron” she said to her protégé.

Princess Celestia had seen Shiron’s sorrow and she knew that only true friendship would heal the wounds of his soul. In the background she saw Shiron talking Rainbow Dash and she knew there was only one way to help him. “His heart bears deep scars, large wounds that even I cannot heal. Only the magic friendship can heal wounds of the heart. I wish you to help him without letting him know what I told you. I know I can count on you, my faithful student.”

**********************************************************************************

Once the three ponies had left Luna went closer to her sister. “Are you sure he’ll be alright?”

“I’m sure about this. Everything it needs is a spark and I’m sure his new friends will help him to ignite the spark” Celestia said while she put one wing on Luna’s back.

**********************************************************************************

Two hours later Shiron, Rainbow Dash and Twilight had been back in Ponyville. Just like Rainbow had predicted it Pinkie Pie had thrown a big welcome party for Shiron with all ponies of Ponyville. They had eaten cake and other sweets, had played games and many other things. However although Shiron had smiled and had laughed like it had been normal for a party, deep inside he had felt nothing but emptiness.