• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,813 Views, 183 Comments

Good, bad, and why me? - Normalguy



It was just a normal day of going to school, and I just dont know what went wrong.

  • ...
16
 183
 1,813

A New Day: ??? Hours remain

A New Day: ??? Hours remain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Sleeping is nice. Beds are nice. Internet is nice. Expensive stuff I want is also nice. Waking up is't nice. Waking up to another blurry view is terrible, but it soon clears away leaving the image of Rarity's living room. The sun is barely shining, but it is rising. I don't hear anyone else so I might be the only one up. I should fall back asleep. Yeah, I should do that. I'm awake, I can't fall back asleep. That's not nice.

I push myself up with my arm and stay there while scratching my arm with the other arm. Sitting up let's you look at the world at a different view, It's not the same as laying down. Cause laying down gives you a sideways perspective. I stand up to do some stretches. Grandma does stretches and she's still living, so there has to be a point. I do random stretches that have no point. For once in my life I wanted to willingly do something I don't want to do usually.

Walking. It's not that I hate it, it's just the fact that I dislike having to walk as a means of transportation. Under circumstances I will, but if I have a chance to take anything else, I will. Except rollerblades, and skateboards. Those things be deadly. Hella deadly.

I make my way to the front door, but as I approach the knob. I stop before grabbing it thinking about how the ponies would react. I don't think they like me. And I don't really know them. Maybe I should stay. That sounds like a wonderful idea. But staying here is boring. Go outside is bad and staying inside is bad. I can't win can I. Maybe Iris will have an Idea.

" Hey Iris? You awake?" I ask. to anybody that's out side it'll probably look like someone staring at the door while making thinking poses, luckily nobody is here.

"Mmm, why'd you wake me up?" She says in a tired yet whiny tone." Yesterday was really tiring. Doing all that air movement is tiring." She answered my question before I could ask.

" Sorry then, just go back to sleep." I should ask her when she'll be awake, but I feel that she has already fallen asleep.

Let's look around the room to see anything. I see cloth, and a sewing machine. What can I do with that? I must delve into my memory of middle school to remember!

...
...
...

AH HA! I remember how to kinda use a sewing machine! And I also remembered middle school. From far away one of the sewing machines look usable to a human. Looks slightly modern enough to use. I walk closer to inspect a bit. It kinda reminded me of how an antique sewing machine looks with that giant manual wheel on the side and all the curves as well. Looking under the desk is a small peddle, to I assume, to control the speed. Works the same as a gas peddle, harder you push, faster it goes.

The needle part should have some ski looking things under it. Called ' The something foot' along the lines of that. But I can't find any on the machine. What it's used for is to hold the fabric in place as you sew it along the lines guiding where you want to sew, something like that. There's also another thing to it as well, but I can't remember the name. I look for an compartment where it is and it's in place. If I can remember, the thingy in the bottom of the machine makes it so it loops the string making the stitch. And I definitely know that without it it makes holes in the fabric and a string that goes in it.

Ah I remember more! The thingy on the bottom is called a bobbin, it holds string so you can actually do stuff. The thing that covers it is also there which in terms is called a bobbin case. I can't believe that I remembered all that. Middle school is weird.

I turn towards all the fabrics on the wall only to hear a voice instead.

" Is that you Jon?" Said a high pitched voice. Rarity's is a little lower, and only other pony is Sweetie Belle, so it's probably her. Nonetheless I turn towards her to greet her.

"Hey there Sweetie, why are you up so early?" Seriously it's been like fifteen minuets since I woke up.

" I have to go to school soon. I-is Rarity back?" I wonder how many days it's been.

" Yeah, last night she seemed pretty tired. I wouldn't wake her up unless it's important." More like she wanted the day to end.

" Do you think you can make me breakfast?" I can cook breakfast, kinda." Rarity said not to cook anymore after the fire." I probably shouldn't ask. It seems self explanatory.

"I can do that, shouldn't be too hard." So a person like me, who stays mostly inside, and doesn't eat breakfast is going to make breakfast. Splendid. If I put my knowledge of life, and TV together. I might be able to do this. Maybe I should of gone on that walk.

"You will?" She said with surprise and excitement." Are you going to cook me special alien food? Will it be eatable? Will it taste good?" She kept firing off questions.

" Shhhh!" I shush her." You wouldn't want to wake up Rarity now would you, that would mean you wouldn't get to eat what I make. Right?" She put her hooves to her mouth and nods quickly. " Now come with me to the kitchen so you can help me." Again, I can't read the stuff. From all I know stuff that looks like basil can kill me. " Let get started." We make our way to the kitchen.

Dealing with kids is easy, it's not to hard. Kinda, just don't make them cry. I see the familiar kitchen once again. All cleaned up in its shiny glory. I wonder who cleaned it after I fell here. Shrugging that thought off, I make my way to where the pots and pans are and take a pan.

For once, i'm really glad my friend made me watch Doctor Who. I don't think I would be able to make something for her if I didn't. It certainly won't be any fish fingers and custard for her, no, no, no. It shall be toast!

With a twist.

" Hey Sweetie?" She got attentive at that." When do you have to go to school?" I don't know how much time I have. It's her breakfast.
I turn on the gas stove and light it up. Turning it low so I can use it later.

" When the small hand reaches the 8 on the clock." I turn towards where she's pointing and look at the clock. Why didn't I notice that? Can she read the clock? And man, it is early its five forty five.

" Can you read what it says right now?" I ask her.

" Nope, only the numbers." She sounded a little too happy about that.

" Okay then, Where's the bread and butter?" I open some cabinets to search for the spoken items. But I have found none." Hey Sweetie? Do you know where the bread or butter is?" I turn towards her hoping that she would point to the correct cabinets containing them, but I got something else. What I got is Sweetie looking at me wide eyed smiling as big as she can while standing, I repeat, standing next to a loaf of bread and butter in a bell bottom jar.

All I could do for a moment is stare at the smiling Sweetie Belle. Don't look a gift from the horses mouth they say, right? I take the whole loaf and butter from her and put in on the counter. I'm gonna need a bread knife. I don't think I should ask Sweetie for one. Getting a bad feeling if I do.

I quickly look though some of the smaller drawers quickly, low and behold I actually found one. Taking the knife to the bread I carefully slice the bread just thin enough to make it look like a normal slice of bread. Looking in the same drawer again I take out a butter knife and spread some butter on it. I put the pan on the burner while turning the burner to a higher setting. Leaving it there I set the table for Sweetie Belle and me, might as well make more for me.

I'm thinking of making something special for Rarity. This time I won't go botching it up. My sister made it couple times. I think it was french toast. I don't know where any of the other ingredients are so might as well ask Sweetie.

" Hey Sweetie, can you get me two eggs, and a bottle of vegetable oil?" I ask as I place a fork for Sweetie and me. I turn around to see if she did, and again with the same smile, she has them, right next to her. Two eggs right next to each other not moving and a small bottle of vegetable oil. How does she do it? And where can I learn it? Not questioning it but shooting her a questing look, I pick up the two eggs and bottle of oil and place them on the counter next to the bread.


"Last time Sweetie, can you get me... Three plates, a pie tin, a whisk, and milk if you want it." There's no way that she could get it, she's just a little pony. I take the slice of bread from earlier with butter on it and turn it around carefully no to get butter on myself. Thinking about it, I won't need butter on the other side, Turning it back around I spread more butter on it and slice another piece of the bread off for me, and spread butter on it.

Turning around I see Sweetie once again with all the asked for items. Even the milk. How could she get the milk? The pitcher is like two thirds her size! She still has the same smile on her little face. I take the items and put them on the counter. I am running out of counter space. I don't have a spatula, I need a spatula, and maybe chopsticks. Without asking Sweetie I look through some of the nearby drawers looking for a spatula. I did eventually, after wasting a lot of time and I then ask Sweetie get me it. She found it. Then I took it from her she looks so happy, even wagging her tail. I give her a small pat on the head for appreciation and cook her breakfast.

I throw the first piece of buttered toast onto the pan and hear it sizzle. I hope I know what i'm doing. And I also hope Doctor Who isn't wrong either. I move the toast around to prevent it from sticking and lift it a couple of seconds later to see if it's brown enough, and bam! It is the perfect color of golden brown. I flip it, and move it to the plate for Sweetie. Repeating the process for my own piece of toast, I have two pieces of buttered toast on two plates. Now, to add the twist.

Back at home, I liked to mix random things together with a simple base to go off of, and all the times I did, it worked. So why not here? I take the maple syrup on the table and drizzle it in a zigzag pattern to make it look fancy. I have never done this before. I repeat the same process for mine and serve up the two plates for me and Sweetie.

Sweetie looks at the plates in amazement. Maybe she's never had something like this before. You see the Idea came to me as a twist on a old snack I used to make back home. Buttered toast with sugar. The concept here is the same but with maple syrup. So it should work. Before I start eating I look at Sweetie, she hasn't ate it yet.

" Why aren't you eating?" She kept looking at it. Nonetheless she replied.

" It's a little big. Can you cut it for me?" She gave my those big eyes again. Kids, The future of the world.

" Would you also like milk?" She bought the milk for a reason, right? She nods yes in confirmation, so yes she did bring it for a reason. Finding two cups I pour milk into both of them and bring them to the table. I give one of the milks to Sweetie and put the other near my plate.I move my plate to make room for Sweetie's, and bring her plate over. Taking my knife I cut up the toast into sizable bites for her. Putting the plate back in front of her she eats quickly. Looking at the clock, it reads seven fifteen. She has school at eight, so she should get ready. " Sweetie, since your done. Why don't you get ready for school?" She nodded and got off her chair and started to leave the room stopping at the door.

" Will you make me lunch to?" Oh no.

" Do you have cheese?" Making a grilled cheese is simple.

" Whats that?" I froze, Do they not have cheese in this world? Why don't they have cheese? Cheese originates somewhere on the Italy side or German, I think it's Italy. Somewhere on the other side, there. And this is the America side. Do they no know how to make it?

" Peanut butter?" I say they should have that, I ate one a while ago. Sweetie nodded and went to go get it. Two seconds later she zoomed in front of me with the peanut butter. " Thanks. Now go get Rarity for school while I make your lunch. I quickly make a peanut butter sandwich for her. Looking through all the cabinets quickly enough to find food for Sweetie has proven useful as I have found a brown bag and a bottle of apple juice for her. Perfect. Putting it all in the bag hoping for it to not crash together in the bag. Sweetie came back just as I finished it. I assume she's ready for school. Right now its seven thirty, time is weird.

" Are you done?" She should be ready for school now. She sounded a little too happy to go, or maybe it's the lunch. I nod and put the brown sack into one of her saddle bags. I walk with her to the door and open it for her. She walks out and on her way to school, a little too happy in my opinion. Time to make Rarity breakfast.

I walk back to the kitchen to prepare. I left the burner on. At least it didn't burn anything. I quickly turn the burner to a lower setting and start whisking the eggs. Now I can't remember, do I add milk to the eggs? I think I do. I'm not really sure. This is why you should spend time with your siblings. Not your parents, they're your parents, so don't.

After adding milk, mixing, dipping, and cooking I look around once again for one of those eat in bed trays. I mean, she has to. She probably had one of those dreams thinking about the perfect man to cook for her or some kinda life crap which will never happen to me. I can wish... Nah i'm lazy.

And again, I found it it was near the pots and pans. Arranging all the food and one drink of milk all arranged, and finishing it with the silverware right next to the plate. I walk towards Rarity's room with the tray in one hand waiter style, and the other to open the door. After opening the door, I go to holding it with two hands while peeking through the door. Rarity's still asleep, it's almost eight, might be a good time to wake up.

I walk through silently sitting on one side of the bed putting the food on my lap.

" Rarity? You should wake up." I say gently. She started to wake, but it's more like she just mumbles at me. I had an idea, might be a little evil, but it'll probably work. I put the food on a nearby table and sit back on the bed. I lower my head to Rarity's ear, and whisper. "Rarity. Sweetie Belle is cooking." I backed up and just as I did Rarity woke up. Wide eyes and all she slowly sat up.

"Jon? What are you doing waking me up? You know a lady needs her sleep do you?" She has a slight grimace on her face." I was even having a wonderful dream when all of a sudden there was fire, and Sweetie Bell." She puts on a thinking face and then asks for the time.

" It's around eight o clock." I respond." Surprise." I say while grabbing the tray and showing it to her.

" Is this for me?" She sounds like this hasn't happened before. I decide to joke with her a bit.

" Nope." She reels in shock and looks at me with some sad eyes. "I made this, and it came out successful." I look at her with a blank stare. She just kinda stares back." Nah, I made it for you." I push the tray over to her. A smile just appears on her face.

" Is this really for me?" I nod to her question." You didn't have to do this."

" Do you not want it?"

" Well, no but-"

" Then have it. It's my thanks to you." She started to eat, taking small bites. She stops eating for a moment as her eyes widen. She gulps her last bite before speaking.

" Has Sweetie Belle gone to school?" I nod." Oh. What about breakfast?" I nod again." Lunch?" I nod, I hope for the last time." Is there anything you can't do?" Homework.

" Lots, now i'm going to go and clean up. Just stay up here and relax. Remember you have tea with Fluttershy later." Before she can respond, I get up to leave the room." Bring the dishes down when your done."

I make way back to the kitchen to start cleaning. Cleaning shouldn't be too hard. It should be just a pan and some dishes. As I enter the kitchen its about what Ii expected, just a little more though. Just need to throw away some stuff, put back the bread, and clean dishes. It shouldn't be too hard. Time to get started.

After I put the bread and milk away some where else on the counter. I get a rag and wipe off the counter. All that's left is the dishes. It's not that many as its only a pan, plates, and cutlery. As I almost finish with the last plate. Rarity walks in with the tray and a smile on her face.

" The food was delicious darling." She says as she put the tray next to me.

" Don't mention it, seriously." I reply as I grab the plate while balancing the knife and fork for a cleaning. On the plate mind you.

"I am going to freshen up now, and we will leave soon. Come knock on my door when your your ready."

" Sure." At that, she walks off to her room to 'freshen up' I finish washing the dishes. I look around the kitchen if there's anything left to do. The tables a little dirty so I wipe that up and finish with the kitchen. I would never do this in my own house. The dishes yes, but cleaning the counters, table, and cooking, no. I wonder if i'm the only person who only gets helpful anywhere else other than home.

I walk over to Rarity's room to tell her i'm done. She responds with 'I'll be finished soon. Just be patient.'. I have a feeling i'm gonna be here with my thoughts for a while. So I walk back downstairs to just sit on the couch. I start to realize that I never checked my pockets after Discord changed me back. I quickly pat all my pockets to feel anything. After hitting a bump I rifle through my pockets to take inventory.

Charms, present. Earbuds, also present. Keys, present as well. Crappy phone that now has a crack, now I have an excuse to get a new one. (kinda yay?) I press a button on the phone to see if it can still call. I know it'll be useless, but I have to know if it works. After testing all the basic functions of my crappy phone, I check that off the mental list too. Things stronger than a Nokia. Card, check. Ipod, not here.

Where's my Ipod? Where did this card from? These two questions, and I only have two hands! Slightly panicking I pick up the card. I didn't have a card when I left the house. On closer inspection there's writing on it. Looking at the writing reveals that I can't read it, and it kinda looks like pony writing. I'm gonna have to as Rarity when she's done.

" Jon? Are you down stairs?" Speak of the devil. She walks down the stairs looking for me.

" Hey Rarity. Read this for me please." I give the card to her. She looks at the card with uncertainty and back to me, back to the card, and takes it with her magic.

" Dear Jon. I hope you won't mind if I take your wonderful little camera. Do not worry friend it'll be in safe hands as you would probably say. I will meet up with you to return this. Eventually. Discord." She read out loud. She levitates the card back to me as I nod and walk with her out of the house. Holding the door for her of course.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Canterlot)

"Now how do I turn this camera on?" Discord wonders as he fiddles with Jon's Ipod." I think he pressed... This?" He says as he cautiously pushes the home button." Whats this? A number code? Why does a camera have a number code?"

Discord inputs random numbers hoping to find a solution to 'opening' the 'camera'. The screen above the numbers suddenly turned red.

" What? Did it just disable itself? For one minuet? Oh I am not going to let a camera beat me!" Discord saying the last part with soul.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's almost noon, and in the middle of town. I have a bad feeling. Rarity trots by me, more like in front and to the side a little. Again I wonder if i'll be chased out of town. I've done good things, so why do they chase me.

"Hey Rarity." She turns her head towards me to acknowledge my soon to be question." Should we really be walking through town? I mean last time they chased me, and then I got turned into a pony. So do you really think it's okay?"

" Don't worry dear, everything will be under control." She said with complete confidence as we walk into a more busier place.

As we both walked in, anyone could tell something just happened. That something is me. The atmosphere just went from' it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood' to 'the new kid at school did something t his old school rumors'. I just looked at the ground as some of the ponies either whisper, gossip, run away or wave. Wave?

One or two of the ponies would wave to me. I did the curtly thing and wave back, but why would they wave? I'm much more confused that I am happy, so when I waved back to the ponies they see a raised eyebrow and neutral face. Other than that going through town is much more enjoyable than last time. With that we made it to Fluttershy's cottage faster than I thought. At least by walking.

Rarity went up to the door and knocks with three short taps. The door creeks open to reveal Fluttershy.

" Oh, Rarity." She said with surprise." I didn't think you would come this early. Not that I don't mind." She said the last part quieter." I-I haven't even set the table yet, because I was feeding the animals. and-" before she could continue with what she was saying, Rarity decided to interrupt.

"Fluttershy." Fluttershy froze." Don't worry darling if it means anything we can help you set up." Fluttershy tried to refuse, but couldn't find the right words. Eventually she said yes though. She let us in to her cottage and I sat on the couch first thing.

Letting out a breath of relief. Walking sure is hard. Hope I won't have to do much in the future. I just wanted to sit down, but life ponies wanted me to do something else. Rarity plus Fluttershy walk over to the couch to talk.

" Jon can you be a dear, and fetch the tea table for us?" Rarity asks. Before I could decline, which I don't even think that I could decline though Rarity continues." Fluttershy would normally do it herself, but you wouldn't let a weak pony do that alone would you?" Fluttershy looks like she wants to interject but, again couldn't find the words.

" Where is it?" I say while rubbing my face. Bad habit when someone asks when they add something. Be it guilt or what Rarity did. I feel like I shouldn't.

" Oh, um it's this way." said Fluttershy. She lead me through her house to a backdoor to the backyard." Um, there's the table." She states pointing a hoof at it." If you don't mind. Could you bring it to the front of my house? All you have to do is bring it around the house." I nod giving an 'okay'. She takes that as the signal for her to go back inside.

I look at each side of the house to see which is the easier way. I wouldn't want to step on an animal would I? No, I wouldn't. Glad I did this, because one side was just really close to the forest. Which in terms means like ten feet away, but the other is filled with holes. The holes didn't look man made, or pony made, so they're probably burrows for a snake or something. Now to see how heavy a table is.

Looking at the table reveals that its a round table. It looks kinda short, and it's made wood, has one support leg branching into four legs at the bottom. So it shouldn't be that heavy. I grab both sides of the table to lift it, and wallah. I lift the wood table that's slightly taller than my knee. It weighs like thirty pounds, something around that. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a ten pound and a five pound weight.

Carrying it link style while walking around the house is really easy. So easy that I could skip, but I didn't because that would cost to much energy. I reach the front of the cottage shortly and look for a good spot for the table. Putting the table down on the dirt underneath some shade, done. I walk back inside so I can rest.

"Jon is that you?" Rarity called from somewhere in Fluttershy's house. A short muttering of something I couldn't hear and Fluttershy appears.

" Oh, um, Jon could you get the cushions?" I nod to confirm. As she walks away I grab four cushions and walk back outside. I set the cushions around the table quarterly. I walk back inside to chill on the couch.

Rarity and Fluttershy are somewhere else. I think they're in the kitchen making treats for the tea time. I wonder if there will be anything sweet. Now that all the heavy burden stuff is done, I don't have anything to do.

Time to play the waiting game. Or not. A bunny appears. With a frowny face. He or she, not gonna judge, crosses their paws while thumping their foot in a rapid manner as well.

" Hi?" I say to the bunny, or rabbit. I think it's a rabbit. I'm gonna go with a rabbit." You need something?" The rabbit nods in a way like I should already know. Wow, rude." What do you need?" A carrot? A coyote? The rabbit points at me. Kinky. Kidding." You want me?" The Rabbit shakes its head as if he already tried before." My spot?" The rabbit nods as in 'now ya got it dumbass'." How about no. There are many other spots for a rabbit like you." Like a wolf's stomach. The rabbit shakes its head." Like the chair over there." I say while pointing at a chair." As you can see, that chair is to small fro a person like me. So I take this couch as it is big enough for me to sit down." The rabbit just stares at me with an 'are you kidding' face. The rabbit then proceeds to point at the floor as if I belong there. Little shit. " Sorry I don't understand you. Don't speak no animalnese." I then ignore the rabbit. I glance at the rabbit to see if it's doing anything. And it is. All it's doing is staring as if it's trying to make me uncomfortable.

It's not making me uncomfortable, but more like I don't care. A knock on the door then happens. I get up to get it. As I walk over to the door Rarity says something.

" Jon could you go let Twilight in?" I was on my way anyway.

" I got it." I say back. I then open the door to reveal Twilight? Or maybe just a lot of scrolls and Twilight." Twilight? That you?" I ask kinda weary of what would happen next.

" Ah hello Jon." She says a little to happily." As you can see-"

" Where's my bow? Cause I can see that you might not have it." Seriously, I told her I would answer questions for the bow." Where is it?" She smiles and looks left and right as if there's some way out." I guess you don't want your questions answered." I walk back inside leaving the door open. Couldn't close it on her, she needs to come to the tea time.

" Uh... Spike! Can you can you go home and fetch something for me?" The young dragon approaches behind her.

" What else do you need Twilight?" He whines." I got everything on the list. Scrolls, more scrolls, extra scrolls, ink, more ink, extra back up ink..." He continues with the whole list of what she bought over. " What else could you need?"

" Could you just go back home and get the bow?" Twilight asks.

" What bow? You never said anything about a bow? We don't have violins or cellos ." He says confused. Why does this have anything to do violins? Never mind." Rarity is waiting inside. I don't even know where you put it." He keeps waving his claws around trying to make a point.

" Ugh, fine Spike." Spike put up a smile at this. I would tell him the war isn't over but Twilight beat me to the punch." Instead of going inside and talking to Rarity will you set up for writing. I need you to organize everything just in case." Spike's jaw drops at hearing this. Twilight continues to drive the point in." Jon if you could, watch him so he does it." Twilight walks off leaving both of us and a pile of supplies.

Spike turns to me with a scowl. I could be a bro. But I don't like children who whine. I get to whine to my sister cause i'm the little bro, and I can get away with it. Spike... I don't even know. He probably screwed himself from the start.

" So, you gonna get started on that organizing?" I say with a smirk. How can I not take this opportunity to be an asshole? Spike grumbles and starts to organize the pile of supplies." Well i'm going to go back inside. Where Rarity is." I pause." As well as Fluttershy." I go back inside with the lingering image of seeing steam come out of Spikes head. I am an asshole.

I go check on the kitchen to check on the ponies. As I walk into the kitchen, there are some mixing bowls out and some baking sheets to. One of them, high tea things that carry all the food, has all the food. Three tiers of sweets on top, biscuits in the middle with two spreads of jam, and thin sandwiches on the bottom. It looks like Rarity and Fluttershy finished here. Rarity notices me.

" Oh, Jon." She says slightly surprised." Did Twilight come?"

" Yeah, but she said she left something at home. So she went to go back and grab it quickly."

" I see, Could you bring this out?" She says, levitating the three tier tray over to me.

" Sure." I say grabbing the tray out of the magic." Someone here is going to have to go get another cushion while I do this. Spike's here as well." They nod.

Taking the tray of food outside.Spike is out here still organizing that supplies. Man, his life kinda sucks right now.

" Hey Spike." He turns towards me with a slight scowl." I need to put the food on the table, so if you excuse me." I move by him to put the tray of food in the middle. A minuet or so later Rarity and Fluttershy come out. Looking at Spike his mood flips. Not even funny how it flips, that kinda flipping is like medical problem level shit. Rarity came out holding the teapot and some cups in her magic while Fluttershy on the other hand, hovers slightly off the ground holding another cushion for Spike.

" Oh hello there Spikey." Rarity says." Are you going to join as well?"

Spike just stares at Rarity with some dreamy eyes. I can never even think of that happening yet the internet probably has.

" So, now what? Do we Wait for Twilight? Or do we just get started?" I ask to no one in particular.

" We are going to wait. Let's sit down and make small chit chat while we wait." Rarity suggests. Everyone else agrees to it as well.

As we take are spots I try to sit down next to Rarity. Out of familiarity, Rarity is the best. Fluttershy is like that one back up friend at school. Spike then swoops in squeezing in between us, wow that's rude. I move next to Fluttershy instead. I sit down cross legged on a cushion, and holding my head with my hand and my elbow on my left knee. Spike is making small talk with Rarity, and Fluttershy and me are just kinda silent so I start us off.

" So... Animals." I am best conversation starter.

"Um, yes I take care of them." She replies just barely loud enough for me to hear. So she likes animals, and takes care of them. She probably wouldn't like to hear about what humans did to some certain ones.

" Do you know what a narwhal is?" Out of all the animals in the world, I decide to go with the unicorn of the sea. Fluttershy looks at me with wide eyes of curiosity. She isn't saying anything but its one of those moments that you could just tell what to do." You see, Back in my world. We have these whales an they have horns like a unicorn." I move my hands to emphasize what i'm saying. I also decide to mix real with fantasy." They are very rare as they can cast magic. Their horns can help them navigate and even move giant icebergs in the water." Fluttershy looks so amazed right now." would you like to have know of anything else?"

" What other animals do you know in your world." She says excitedly.

" Oh we have lots." I pause for dramatic effect." Such as simple ones, like dogs and cats. Some so small they can fit in this tea cup. Some so big that they can fill a whole barn." A certain red one mind you." Cats that can fit in any container, the thinnest vases, and even the widest bowls." That's not even a lie." But that is just a small slice of what's in my world." That to me, was about as bad as corny game narration.

" What is your favorite animal?" She asks back with wide eyes and curiosity.

" Oh I have many like tigers, or oxen, dogs, birds, ferrets-" I count off as many animals that I like back home." And even pegasus and unicorns." I finish.

Before Fluttershy could reply Twilight pops in. Literally, as she teleports in. Twilight looks a little tired as she's slightly out of breath. and holding a golden bow in her magical grasp. I smile, I can't tell if it's a evil smile, but I smile nonetheless. Twilight popped in between Me and Spike taking the final spot.

" Now let us start with lunch and tea." Rarity toasts

The tea lunch goes well overall. There's some small talk here and there, but it's not that important. I ate most of the food provided on the trays. The biscuits are okay overall especially with jam spread on it. The treats at top were especially good, nice and sweet they are indeed. I tried the sandwich, not a something I would eat. Tasted weird, went through with it though. Would be rude to say anything about it. Then the conversations went to a different direction.

" Jon. Would you like to tell us what happened this morning?" Says Rarity. The other two ponies suddenly got interested.

" No." I don't want to talk about it.

" But Jon." Rarity pouts." Would you like me to tell?"

" If you want." I like to do nice things, but I don't like people talking about them. Gossip goes around fast, be it good or bad.

Rarity proceeds to tell her part of the morning to the others, while I think of a way to change the topic subtly. She skipped the part of the dream. Other than that, after she finishes her story the two ponies turn towards me for an explanation.

" So Jon would you explain?" Says Twilight.

" Not really, You could ask Sweetie Belle herself. On a different topic. Fluttershy." Fluttershy suddenly turns towards me." Since we're done with tea time, which was fantastic ladies." I wave two hands at the ponies that made this happen." Where is that egg you mentioned yesterday, Fluttershy?"

" Ah I forgot about that." Says Twilight." We should clean up and then check out the egg after." Everyone agrees, and we all start to clean up. I took the table and some cushions back while the ponies took the tea and stuff to clean up. Spikes organizing was for nothing, not once have I see him use anything during the lunch. Spike puts away all that stuff in a bag near him.

After all that's done everyone hangs out in the living room. We all sit in different spots. Twilight taking a chair, with Spike on a nearby stool. Rarity on the couch, and I sit on the floor next to the couch as there isn't much room around here, with everyone around here. Fluttershy went to go get the egg.

"So Twilight." I start." You going to give me the bow?"

" Well, Jon. You yourself said that you would answer my questions in trade."

" So where's that notepad of questions you have?" Twilight levitates it over to me. I flip it open and scan the first page." Twilight, I thought you knew that I can't read Equestrian." Her eyes widen.

" But then how can I get you to answer them? I doubt that you would stay with me for a while and answer questions for me." She knows me too well.

" Well your right about that. Can't you magick up a translation spell on a something?" I suggest, In truth I would like to answer her questions. It would be like a questionnaire.

" What do you mean by that? You said on something as in a object." That made me think. Didn't she know what I mean.

" Kinda, I guess?" I question to myself." Cant you just enchant something and have it be a universal translator?" You know what I mean right?

" What do you mean by 'universal translator'? We already speak the same language."

" But not in the written way. Get something see through then enchant it so we can read it as it translates into what is familiar for that person or pony."

" Oh I know what you mean now, but a spell like that would take a lot of research and lots of time."

" Cant you just ask the princess for help on it then?"

" NO! Asking the princess for something as trivial as this would be horrible. As a princess-" She rants about Equestria and duties of a princess and all that jazz.. While she talks I scoot over to where spike is.

" Does she get like this often?" I whisper to him.

" More often then you'd think." He whispers back.

" You got a paper and quill I could use?" He nods and gives me the requested items.

I start to get to work writing a a letter for 'mom'.

Dear mother

It is I your 'son' I have a request. As of right now I can't read equestrian, nor can I write it. Now the riquest request I have to ask of you is that I would like to have a translator so said. A personal idea myself. I need your help to make to make the tronslater translator. To make it work get a pair of eyeglasses that would work for a person like me. Then to take the glasses and encant enchant them so they are familiar in english writing instead of equestrian. And if it's useful vice versa as ponies (Twilight) can't read english. So it would be useful for both of us. If you want me to visit you later, can you make a telportation scroll? same concept as glasses but its a scroll.

With much fake love

Jon

I roll the scroll and ask spike to send it. He confirms and sends it secretly while Twilight is still talking. After a moment and Twilight is now talking history, Spike burps twice in a row. taking two scrolls. This snaps Twilight out of her rant to staring at me. I snatch the scrolls out of the air and scoot back to Rarity.

" What. Did. You. Do." She says trying to be threatening.

" It's a scroll can't you see?" I say holding it up shaking it." It's a letter to me, so don't look." I unfurl the scroll to read it.

Dear son

I see your predicament, and think it's a wonderful idea that you would like to read our language. I have nothing to do around here so I take it upon myself to do this myself as a side project. I'm also glad you that you wanted to visit me on your own accord so I have also sent a scroll holding a teleportation spell, just unfurl the scroll and you will be sent to the throne room. It'll take a few days to make the glasses you requested.

I hope you visit soon with much love.

Your Mom (Celestia)

Looking at the scroll it looks like all that stuff about princess duties the Twilight said seem kinda bullshit. The ruler of the land has duties that she has to do, has none, as of right now. As I put down the scroll Twilight got right next to me.

" Whoa!" I say somewhat surprised.

" So? What does it say?" She says anxiously.

" Look." I turn the scroll towards her. She looks at the letter and her eyes then widen." What does this say?"

" The princess is having some research on the translation glasses idea. We got funding." Everybody's mouth opens slightly." Since we got funding, i'll be able to read your books and you'll be able to read English." Twilight smiles and hops everywhere.

Now Fluttershy comes back with the egg and scroll in her mouth. She comes upon the scene of Twilight hopping around everyone. She looks to me of all people for an explanation. I wave my hand to attempt that she gets the message of 'don't pay attention to it. She doesn't get it. So instead I decide to take the situation of it now and turn it around.

" Oh Fluttershy!" I say to disturb the atmosphere." Do you have the egg?" I question. She nods as she is holding the scroll in her mouth. She flutters over laying the egg on her mouth and the scroll on the floor.

" It's quite odd how there's a poor egg with out it's mother in the wild." Fluttershy says, exuding her thoughts out loud. " Twilight, can you look at the scroll?" Fluttershy holds the egg cradling it in her hooves. Twilight unfurls the scroll and scans over it. For some reason a piece of Twilight's hair suddenly shot out of place. Then another, and another. Until her hair practically becomes a mad scientist hair. Fluttershy decides to speak for the rest of us. " Twilight? I-is something wrong?" Twilight slowly lowers the scroll and turns towards me almost glaring at me. She quickly levitates the scroll to me and I grab it.

The scroll reads.

Dear Jon

You won't know who I am, Don't worry about it. This is your egg, take care of your egg. Love what comes out of the egg. Know this: You traded magic and super powers for this egg. I hope you would think you made the wrong choice.

~CEO of the other side.

I traded an egg, an egg that I don't even know what's inside. For Super powers? What was I thinking? Oh? There's some more of the letter.

P.S Don't worry about the choice you made. Maybe you can find another way.

Another way? For super powers? Aw hella yeah. I kinda forgot that there are ponies here.

" So what does it say?" Asks Fluttershy.

" The egg is mine." Twilight looks to me with rage. Rarity just raises her eyebrows. As does Spike. Fluttershy seems to have the most problem with it though.

" It's yours!?" She says while staring at me. This isn't any kind of the mad women stare, this, this is the kinda stare where you would faint form sight. The blood lust that comes behind the stare, the strength of the intensity. The feeling in your gut that you will get will flip for infinity. That is what this stare is doing. But what would I do? Cower yes, but I can't not here, in pony land, So I stare back. Trying to get the intensity and stare down.

" Yes this egg is mine, but I didn't leave it." She continues to stare as I do as well.

" Oh really!? What do you have to say about this young man?" Heh, she called me a young man. I am so not one.

" That it is mine, and the scroll itself says so." I say holding the scroll next to my head as we stare.

" Is that so?" She replies somewhat condescending." How can we go by what you say? You could be lying."

" Why would I lie about an egg? It's an egg. If this scroll didn't say this is mine I wouldn't take responsibility. Is that enough reasoning for you?"

" Yes." Fluttershy blinks, and then once again turns into the shy pony she is once again. I myself sit down on the floor. rubbing my eyes. They got slightly teary for being open for so long. Fluttershy gets called over by Rarity and they seem to be talking. Twilight walks over to them as well. Both talking to Fluttershy. Spike looks at me in awe. I put the thoughts off and try not to think about that stare.

That stare mixed everything in my mind up. It's like a bad drug rush that doesn't have any health side affects. Except mental probably. Looking at the egg, it has green markings speckling around it, and a slightly tan color all around it as it's main. It's could be mistaken as a yoshi egg if it were bigger, more rounder and has white instead of tan. So that can't be a yoshi egg.

A Chao egg is also out of the question as they usually vary in color depending on what type. Angelic, devil, and normal. Normal being the choice that is closest, as that one has spots but has a blue-white gradient with yellow spots. Angelic being all white and I think devil being a red-black gradient. Don't remember much about them, never paid much attention to them.

It could be a Pokemon egg...

Never mind it is a Pokemon egg. It has to be. It fits all of the criteria, slightly tan: check, green spots: check, slightly squatish shape? Check. It must be a Pokemon egg. The question now is, is there Pokemon in this world? That can't be i've seen around enough (kinda) to know there ain't any Pokemans.

And now this brings up another question. What Pokemon is inside. There's only one way to find out, and that's to hatch it.

I pick up the egg with a grin and hug it against me. It's going to be mine. And no one will take it from me. For now, it shall be called Eggsworth, or Eggy for short. As I hold the egg it's slightly warm. I wrap my arms around it and sit with it my head laying on the egg facing a pony that just walked up to me. That pony being Twilight.

" What do ya want Twilight? Can't you see what I'm doing?" I ask her.

" W-well you see... I was wondering if I could have the e-" AW HELL NO.

" No, you will not take Eggsworth from me." As I lay my head on the egg I stare as hard a Fluttershy did at her.

" B-but the knowledge..."

" You would take an egg from it's newly met father to be just for knowledge? That's low Twilight. That's low..." I still stare with my new ability to stare. I should thank Fluttershy for that." But..." I let my stare lessen as I still watch her." If you give my bow now, I'll answer everything about this egg." Twilight perks up at this." I know about as much as everything where this egg comes from, the legends that rule their world, and the heroes that save it. I know it all." I could see the cogs turning in her head." I am completely serious about this topic. I will pinkie swear on this." I hold out my pinkie finger.

" Will you pinkie swear? You know nopony has ever broken a pinkie swear." Rarity and Fluttershy next to her nod synchronized to each other. What in the world is a pinkie swear in their world? Marriage? I can't marry. I have so much to do.

" I don't think were talking about the same thing. My kind of pinkie swear has to do with this." I hold out my pinkie for them to see.

" Oh!" Twilight says surprised." Our kind of Pinkie promise is somewhat different. Ours is a pact to never EVER to break what you say or else."

" Or else what?"

" An angry Pinkie will come after you and force you to do it, no matter where you are." Damn that's scary. Culture is weird.

" Fine to make you reassured, I will do it your way." I say." I propose that you give me the bow like I said before with all the info I said before, but now I will pinkie promise your way. How about it?" I propose. She thinks about it and then nods. " So how do we pinkie promise, your way?"

" It goes like this. Cross my heart." That's easy. She takes her hoof and crosses it in a 'x' fashion across her heart." Hope to fly." Wut? Twilight takes her hooves and flaps them as if she were to fly." And stick a cupcake in my eye." She finishes by taking her hoof and putting it on her eyelid. I nod, seems simple.

I do the motions and chant it out. I feel if I met a terrible fate.

"Okay then. Here is the bow." She levitates the bow over to me." And keep this in mind. Nopony will or has broken a Pinkie promise ever. So don't." I have met with a terrible fate. And it's not even marriage.

" That's fine. Now I have everything that's mine." All I need is my Ipod." See you later." I say to Twilight.

Twilight leaves with a whining spike. I probably should of lent him a metaphorical hand. But hey, I got my bow back, and I have a Pokemon egg. I turn to Rarity and Fluttershy.

" So now what?" I ask Rarity.

" Well Jon. What are you going to do about this egg" Rarity asks.

" Gonna hatch it, and take care of it." And lead it to illegal battles for money. I caress the egg shell with a smile.

" Well Id don't really have to do anything else, and the animals aren't around much right now. Could I come with you Rarity?" Fluttershy asks.

"Really Fluttershy?" Rarity says surprised to hear this." Well next, Jon and I are going back to make clothes. He needs a new set. Are you sure you would like to come along?"

" Oh that's fine, We could even come back here for dinner as thanks." Suggests Fluttershy. I can agree with that, free food.

"Shall we get going then?" I nod standing up while holding the egg. No not the egg, it's name is Eggsworth.

After walking around limping on a numb leg with that tingly feeling, I get the normal feeling and start to walk out. Rarity leads the way. While I hold Eggy, and the gold bow. Thinking about it, I quickly turn the bow into a right handed gauntlet and slip it on quickly. Rarity and Fluttershy look at me surprised, and annoyed. Maybe the flash from it had caused it. I hold Eggy in my arms and we all walk off To Rarity's.

Might as well start working on hatching Eggsworth.

Author's Note:

Behold the anniversary chapter!

See if you get my references.

If you find a mistake or inconsistency I will maybe fix it.

I have worked very hard and fast for this chapter, it may be rushed to some, but overall I hope you enjoy it.

And I don't think ponies know what cheese is because it's in a different part of their world and somethingsomething sciencestuff.

~Normalguy.