• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 612 Views, 16 Comments

Journey to Save the Sun - Geopocalypse



Celestia is changing and it is only a matter of time before she is lost to the changes. Twilight Sparkle isn't about to let that happen, and neither are her friends.

  • ...
0
 16
 612

Prologue

The setting sun was casting an orange glow on the city of Canterlot. Princess Celestia stood atop her tower using her magic to lower the sun to make way for the coming night. Celestia loved sunsets very much and was glad that she could once again enjoy them instead of straining over control of the sun and moon.

"I'm so glad you're back little sister," Celestia said to herself.

After Celestia made sure that the sun had fully set she began to walk back into her royal chambers to retire for the night. She was exhausted from a long day of work managing the day courts. She thought of Luna who would soon be beginning her own official duties for the night.

As Celestia walked to her bed she let out a deep yawn. Even though Alicorns could go weeks without sleep, Celestia had been feeling somewhat drained ever since the Changeling attack. Celestia wondered if there was some reason for her to be feeling this way.

"Perhaps I'm just getting old," she chuckled to herself.

As Celestia got into her bed she considered the possibility of seeing someone about her condition, but she shook her head dismissing the idea.

'I was given a thorough examination after the attack and was given a clean bill of health,' she thought 'I should not cause my subjects unnecessary worry over something which is most likely just the result of stress.'

With her worries resolved, Celestia closed her eyes and began to sleep.

* * *

Celestia looked around the dreamscape before her. The sky was dominated by a massive sun hanging directly in the center of the sky. The sky itself was a sea of vivid undulating colors of all different shades and intensities. The ground beneath her was a lush grassland with rolling hills and beautiful flowers spreading out in all directions as far as her eyes could see.

"Ah, sister, I did not expect you to be sleeping. How are you feeling?" said Luna

"I feel fine Lulu just a little tired is all," said Celestia "How are you feeling this evening?"

"To tell you the truth Tia we... I am still having trouble adjusting to the way things are now, it seems our subjects have grown much softer in my absence." said Luna

Celestia smiled at this "Yes I suppose they have, but my little ponies have not known hardship for many centuries now and I am grateful for that." she said.

"As am I," said Luna "but I fear this may one day lead to disaster. How would our subjects react if something were to happen to us Tia? I worry they may not be able to defend themselves from the many evils of this world."

"Oh Lulu our subjects are stronger than you give them credit for," said Celestia "I have faith in our little ponies, I believe that they can overcome any challenge as long as they have friendship in their hearts."

Luna nodded her head in agreement before looking as if she suddenly remembered something. "Speaking of friendship, how is your student, Twilight Sparkle coming along in her studies?"

Celestia smiled fondly at the mention of her faithful student, "She is coming along wonderfully with her studies, and I couldn't be more proud of her."

"That is good to hear Tia," said Luna.

"Just the other day she sent me a report about how she had.." Celestia stopped. Something was wrong.

Luna turned her head to look at Celestia, "Tia? Is something the matter?" Luna worriedly asked.

Celestia shook her head, her eyes were beginning to tear up. She took a few steps forward before collapsing onto the ground. She gave a pleading look at Luna and let loose a bloodcurdling scream. Luna covered her ears from the sheer volume of her sister's outburst and backed away quickly.

After Luna recovered from her shock she immediately rushed to her sister's side.

"Tia, what is wrong," Luna asked pleadingly "why are you in such pain!?"

Luna looked into Celestia's eyes and stifled a gasp. Celestia's eyes were glowing green with tears running down the side of her face. Her mouth was pulled back into a tight grimace and a look of utter horror as she began to spasm in pain. The ground where Celestia had fallen was beginning to turn black. The darkness began spreading at an alarming rate soon covering the entirety of the dreamscape.

Luna took to the air as the ground beneath her began to give way to a sea of molten green lava. Celestia let out another scream and the dreamscape's star exploded causing the sky to glow with an unnatural green luminescence. The dreamscape began to deteriorate into nothingness and Luna was suddenly pulled back into the conscious world.

Luna immediately sprang up from where she had been sitting, flinging the table she had been sitting at across the room in her haste to get to the door. Luna burst into the hallway not even bothering to use her magic as the doors were blown off of there hinges by the force of her impact.

"Your highness!" shouted two very startled royal guards.

"You two, gather the palace doctors and meet me in Celestia's chambers now!" Luna yelled

"R-right away your highness!" they said.

However Luna never heard there reply as she was halfway down the hall before either guard had moved.

'Hold on Tia, I'm on my way! Oh please be okay,' Luna thought to herself.

When Luna arrived at her sister's chamber she found the guards attempting to open Celestia's door.

"Open the door," Luna commanded "your Princess demands it!"

"We are trying your highness, but the door is magically sealed!" Shouted one of the guards.

"Stand back you foals!" Luna shouted as she obliterated the doors with a very powerful burst of magic, not even waiting for the guards to comply with her order.

As guards and chunks of the doorway were blasted out of her way, Luna immediately rushed into the room and looked for her sister. Celestia's chambers were a mess. Smoke filled the air, and the stench of something unpleasant entered Luna's nostrils. The princess sized bed was shredded and tossed against the wall as if it were nothing but a piece of paper, and the floors and walls were covered in burn marks. But in all the chaos Luna did not see her sister.

"Tia! Tia where are you?" Luna frantically shouted, looking all around the room.

Luna heard an anguished moan come from within Celestia's bath chamber.

"Tia!" Luna exclaimed, rushing towards the sound of the noise as the royal guards began to enter into the room behind her.

As Luna entered the bathroom she saw her sister lying on the floor next to a shattered mirror. Luna galloped up to her sister and cradled her head in her forelegs. Celestia was shaking violently and started having a coughing fit. Luna tried to hold Celestia steady as she began hacking up globules of green translucent ichor.

Celestia herself looked as if she had been through Tartarus. Her coat had burn marks all along it, her feathers were falling out in clumps, and she had deep gash marks along the side of her neck. But was most noticeable about Celestia's appearance was her face. Half of the fur on Celestia's face had turned a dark black and her right eye had turned a fiery emerald green. Fangs jutted from her mouth and her majestic horn was turning black at the base.

"Tia what has happened to you?" Luna said

"Luna," Celestia groaned out in a barley audible whisper, "help me."

Author's Note:

Alright so prologue done! I hope you liked it because I enjoyed writing it.
I plan on writing more so if you did like it I hope you'll continue to enjoy it.
Also I would love to hear what you thought about my story, so by all means comment away!