• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 1,815 Views, 47 Comments

The Princess' Designer - BlazingFlame



Princess Twilight Sparkle cordially invites Rarity to the upcoming Gala, and to be her fashion designer until Twilight's stay in Canterlot is over. Although a little more than just friendly bonding is involved...

  • ...
18
 47
 1,815

Take Six: Misunderstanding

Take Six: Misunderstanding

Twilight galloped down the halls with a smile on her face. The light of the moon shone rays through each window she passed, setting a sparkling image on her every time they hit. Within a few minutes, Twilight was huffing and puffing before Rarity's door.

"Okay, Twilight. Just say 'I love you, Rarity'. No, that's tacky. It doesn't show anything. But all those romance novels say to confess in the best possible way. So…Rarity, you're one of the most generous ponies I met. You're beautiful, loving, and your voice always sends my heart aflutter. You're magnificent, and, I guess what I'm trying to say is…I…"

A loud thud sounded in the room. Soon there was sudden giggle and laughter emitted from the room. The lavender alicorn used her magic to slightly open the door and peeked in. Twilight gasped. She couldn't believe the eye she used to peek with. There stood Prince Blueblood, on top of Rarity laughing with her.

"Sorry about that," Prince Blueblood said. You know that after what I said to you, I'd never do this in a million years, but that bookshelf almost crushed you,"

"Oh, that's quite all right, darling. I'm just glad nothing in me is broken," Rarity said with a smile. Twilight couldn't take much more. She used her magic to open the door fully, and a tear dropped from her eye. Rarity and Blueblood looked at her confused. Rarity gasped, and pushed Blueblood off of her.

"Twilight, darling, why are you upset?" Rarity asked. Twilight sucked in her sorrow, and replaced it with anger. When she picked up her head, she glared at Rarity with a dark fire in her eyes.

"I…I can't believe you,"

"W-what?"

"I didn't know you were going out with Blueblood. You never told me you ran into him today," Twilight said calmly. This surprised the two unicorns, as they noticed anger in Twilight's eyes, but she kept her voice calm and steady.

"No, no, you misunderstand, Twilight. Blueblood is-"

"I…I don't care! You're just so insensitive!" Twilight ran out the door, leaving Rarity and Blueblood in a state of shock. Rarity gulped, and flopped her ears in sorrow.

"She does love me. But now that she saw this little incident…I'll never get her. I'm such an idiot. I had my dreams of marrying you, but I found out who I truly am, and who I truly love. It's just…" Tears welled up in the beautiful unicorn's eyes. "It's just not fair! Twilight's loving, caring, she's sensitive about how other ponies feel. Fluttershy may be a better caretaker than her, but at least Twilight's an all-round mare," Rarity let out a small chuckle after that and looked to Blueblood.

"Why did she call you insensitive?" Blueblood asked. Rarity nodded her head, ears still flopped.

"I don't know. I even say stupid things when I get upset. I have to go to her," Rarity said as she took a hoof forward, ears standing up. Blueblood stopped her and nodded his head.

"The night grows ever darker. If you go to her now, you will only get into an argument," He said with a sigh. "I don't know a thing about mares, because…"

"You're gay?"

"Yeah. I told you,"

"Why'd you go out with mares?" Rarity asked. Blueblood shook his head sadly, and his ears flopped.

"I need to protect my image. But the mares always call me a charmer. And when they go in for a first kiss, I tell them it's too soon, break up the best way I can, and move on. I'm surprised none of them hate me. But…I wished there was a colt for me,"

"Well, you're manners have changed. And there's always somepony out there who will desire you. In the end, there will always be a perfect match. So maybe he is out there somewhere. You just have to wait for love to be found. You can't…no, no I'm not allowed to say this, then I'd be a hypocrite," Rarity giggled.

"What were you going to say? Either way, advice is good. I don't care who follows it as long as I find my one true love as you have found yours," Blueblood said, taking a hoof forward. He yearned for advice. Deep down he needed advice, otherwise finding love was not going to be easy.

"Well, I guess I wouldn't be that much of a hypocrite, so my persona is still pretty fabulous. Okay. Wait until love is found, or else love is going to get you down. I've experienced this unpleasantly with you the first time we met,"

"Yes…I'm really sorry about that. My sensitive side was locked, because some stupid mare used to make fun of me when I was smaller. Everything she did was to get me in trouble. So the only person I truly loved was myself, and that grew into narcissism and that was the stallion you met. I apologize again,"

"It's quite all right," Rarity flinched to find herself saying that again, but returned to normal after. "Just go to bed. We all need our sleep," Rarity yawned and jumped on her bed. "Also be a dear and pick up that shelf," Rarity snuggled slowly into her blankets and sighed happily. When the door closed and all lights were off, Rarity broke out into tears.

Twilight, I love you so much. If only you didn't see this and misunderstood. Why? Why is this me? Just when something seems to be going right, it all goes wrong! Who is trying to stop us from being together? It's either that, or I'm having real bad luck. Ugh! I hate this so much! I want Twilight so badly! I want to confess, but…it's too soon, I guess. I need to focus on making those dresses. Within eight weeks, the Gala will arrive, and these two princesses need to look their best, so I have to suck in this sorrow. I've never cried like this before, though. I find out I like mares, Blueblood called that term 'lesbian', Twilight might be as well. After all, she…that's it! Twilight came to confess!

Rarity rubbed her eyes softly and looked out the window. There were so many stars that shone bright in the sky.

"Now to make a wish with one star…" Rarity looked them over, and could only use what she saw. The unicorn noticed one was sparkling, changing colors slightly. It was small, but it was beautiful.

"Star light, star bright, the fabulous star I chose tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, might have the wish I wish tonight. I wish Twilight and I could be together forever. I love her, and there's nothing else I want. If this wish is granted, I'll give up those dreams of becoming popular in Canterlot. If it means to be with her, I'll change anything I can to get her. So…please grant my wish? A fabulous pony like myself deserves Twilight. But at the same time…I don't. So, I know I'm making this hard, but I can't say 'I wish' again,"

Rarity closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She cleared her mind of everything but Twilight. Eight weeks were going to be the longest of her life. Hopefully those dresses would occupy her mind. The beautiful fashionista drifted off into sleep, thinking only of Twilight and the Gala. This Gala was going to be different. It could change all of Equestria's thoughts on love, and fix what the princesses believed in following.

***

Twilight ran into her room, where Cadence patiently stood. Tears were trailing down the lavender unicorn's eyes.

"It's not fair, Cadence! It's not fair!" Twilight sobbed as she put her head into Cadence's neck. Cadence could feel the drops of tears on her neck, and it gave a sudden…pleasure to her. It was like she was being kissed tenderly by wet lips. Shining Armor never used wet lips to kiss there. Cadence took in a deep breath trying to keep reality. It just felt so good to her.

"What happened? Did she deny you?"

"No!" Twilight sniffled and sobbed into Cadence, still embraced in a hug. "I saw Blueblood on top of her!"

"Oh my," Cadence bit her lip as she held Twilight closer. Those wet drops…the way they fell and hit Cadence's neck. It felt so good to her.

I never knew I had such a sensitive neck. Sure there are times Armor kisses there, but it's not the same. If I could get Twilight to…no, she's younger than I, and she's my sister-in-law. What am I thinking? But this feels so good, and I guess…I could convince her to kiss me. After all, Armor hasn't kissed me at all since we left the Crystal Kingdom. I need lips on my own…I don't care anymore! But damn me if I get in trouble.

"Cadence, why are you so quiet?" Twilight asked. She stared into her sister-in-law's eyes. They seemed…blank. Like no soul existed in them. Cadence bit her lip, and gulped.

"Twilight…I'm sure…she wasn't with him like that,"

"But I saw-"

"I know you did. It must have been a misunderstanding. Did she try to tell you anything?" Cadence asked, her presence growing somewhat mysterious to Twilight. It brought shivers to the lavender alicorn.

"Yes, but…I need to go back. I'm so stupid!" Twilight ran to the door, but Cadence used her magic to slam it shut, locking it swiftly. "W-what are you doing?" Twilight asked terrified as Cadence drew closer.

"You said you liked me, right? And…I can't bear to see my little sis in such distress over a mare who she caught with a stallion,"

"C-Cadence…" Twilight shuddered as she fell to her rump and backed to the door. She grew weak out of fright. She was suddenly scared of Cadence. Twilight felt her heart beat faster. A feint wind made her shiver. The room grew darker and colder it seemed, and the only lights in the room were the night's light and a small reading lamp.

"Kiss my neck, Twilight," Cadence said as she finally reached Twilight. She knelt and put out her neck so Twilight could do as told.

"I…I can't. I…I won't. You're my brother's wife, I'm not allowed to…"

"It's okay, sweetie. It's my body, so stop thinking it's his," Cadence said seductively. Twilight lost herself, and no spell was cast to do that. Slowly she moved her head, eyes closed, and began to kiss Cadence's neck. Each time Twilight pressed her lips tenderly on Cadence's neck, the pink alicorn let out a satisfied sigh.

Doing this with her…I'm terrible. But it feels so good to lose myself. She can fulfill her lifelong crush with me in that bed...no, no I should stop this right now. This will only lead to…

"Uh!" Cadence moaned as Twilight licked her neck lightly.

This is so…good. Armor isn't this skilled. I don't like mares at all…I just like to see that somepony I'm close to get happy. This is still wrong…Twilight's like my little sis…technically she is, so this is a crime against Celestia's law. But I can't help but feel pleasure. I may follow the same laws…but this…this is magnificent. I was scared to start this, but now there's no going back. This has to be a one-night stand. I…I couldn't imagine what would happen if Rarity or Armor found this out.

"Twilight, s-stop," Cadence managed to say. Twilight did as told and looked into Cadence's eyes. Twilight's eyes were wet…soaked in emotion. She had no more thoughts…this was a night she looked back to having a few dreams about. Cadence looked at Twilight and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked. Cadence looked over to the royal bed. She bit her lip and hesitated slightly. Finally she gave in to the moment and regretted what she was going to say.

"Go…g-go…g-g-go…"

"Go where?"

"Go lay on the bed so I can take care of you," Cadence said quickly as she scoffed and look to the side. Twilight did as told and Cadence took in a deep breath.

Shining Armor, Celestia…Twilight. I'm so sorry for giving in…for taking advantage of my little sis like this. But technically we're not blood…no! Why am I thinking this?! I…I feel something taking over me…like a dark being…but it's also me.

"I love you, Cadence," Twilight said, brining shock to the confused alicorn's ears. They flopped, and she let out a tear.

"Don't say that…you love Rarity,"

"Then why are you on this bed with me…why did you want me to kiss your neck?"

That was when Cadence's mind was overtaken, and she brought her lips to Twilight's ear.

"Shining Armor hasn't been very loving to me. But you can change all that,"

***

"Scaly that was not cool! You know how close they are!" Spike said as he lowered his claw. The claw smoked from the magic that was put into the room.

"We didn't do it to both of them. We only did it slightly to Cadence, yes. Twilight truly wanted this deep in her heart, regardless her love for the precious. And when the precious finds out, this can always be the back-up plan for their break-up, yes,"

"It still isn't right! That relationship being taken to a whole other level…it's downright forbidden and wrong!"

"It was going to happen either way. All we did was edge Cadence on. Those tears falling on her neck really helped. We never thought Cadence had such a sensitive neck, but it's true,"

Spike stood outside on the balcony as he watched Cadence and Twilight move around the bed in darkness.

"This is wrong…this is so wrong and gross," Spike said as he covered his eyes.

"The precious is going to hate Twilight when she finds out. Now to make those potions for Plan A. We must make sure that the precious and Twilight are not together! It's do or die!"

"Do or die?! You can't be serious!"

"Oh but we are, and we are one now, yes,"

"There has to be a way out of this…"

"What was that you said, fool?"

"N-nothing,"

"Good. Now to the cauldron room so we may ruin the relationship of Twilight and the precious, so that the precious may be ours in the end, yes,"

"Yeah…I guess doing all this is worth it," Spike said as he looked to the side. Vines had grown there, and climbing up them was easy. Now he had to head down to the cauldron room.

Spike grabbed on the vines, Scaly's evil grin on his face.

"Yes, we will get the precious! We will, yes!"

***

Celestia and Luna sat calmly in Celestia's room where both looked out the window to the balcony. A strong wind blew in, and both princesses still stared out. Luna's moonlit sky was not what they were watching over. They saw everything that had happened from the moment Rarity stepped hoof on the train.

"Sister, what should we do?" Luna asked, a concerned look in her eyes. Celestia nodded her head.

"As the lead princess…I should do something, but…"

"Cadence and Twilight are doing something forbidden,"

"Cadence's thoughts may not serve her well, but she is right. They aren't blood,"

"Enough of that!" Luna shouted, getting up. Celestia got up as well, staring Luna down. Luna gritted her teeth and sat back down. "It's not right. If anypony finds out what secrets this palace now holds…we'll be put down from our positions,"

"No, because I am leader of Equestria. Nopony puts me down from my position, but I could easily take you down from yours. But we need day and night, so you stay for safekeeping,"

"Sister…"

"What else do you want to say?"

"You know what I'm going to say anyway,"

"But I want to hear them from you," Celestia said sweetly. Luna sighed and took in a deep breath.

"Remove Twilight Sparkle and Cadence from their royal positions…"

"There's something else you're hiding, but it's locked so deep, I can't reach it," Celestia said. Luna blushed slightly and gulped.

"It's…it's nothing,"

"I'm sure it isn't. I'm your sister, you can tell me anything,"

Luna sighed and walked to the balcony where both usually stood to watch over all of Equestria, and rise day or night.

"We follow a moral code, sister. And something evil lurks in these hallways. And it seems to have Spike in its grasp,"

"Spike? Then…he opened the forbidden potions book…"

Luna gasped, and her magic burst, sending a lot of things in the room to the floor.

"Scaly…is back?"

"Apparently so. We trapped him in a solid state, but he somehow managed to condense to a spiritual form that took over Spike's mind. After all, Spike loves Rarity, and he would do anything to get her attention or love,"

"So what you're saying is Spike's jealousy…made all this happen?"

"No. Cadence was edged on only slightly by Scaly's dark magic. No matter who did what, Cadence would have committed that immoral mistake,"

"We need to do something!"

"The only way to rid Spike of Scaly…in this far of the process, is to split them,"

"Then what are we waiting for? We must act now!"

"No…it's too late. If we try to split them we could risk Spike dying. Only so much of him exists…"

"N-no…there has to be something! There has to!"

"I'm afraid not, sister. By the time we can act, Scaly would have full control over Spike. We…we would have to kill him with black magic,"

"But that's forbidden!"

"I know, but it's the only way. Right now only magic can beat magic,"

"What if Twilight tries to talk to Spike…get him to overpower Scaly? It can work!"

"No. Scaly is far stronger in this form than any other villain Twilight has faced,"

"So…there's nothing else we can do? We could seal Spike in the book with Scaly!"

"Yes, but Spike would suffer until Scaly eats his entire soul. Luna, please understand that I know what I'm doing,"

Luna nodded her head and made her way to the door.

"You can think your way to failure. I'm going to go take action,"

"That's what he wants!" Celestia shouted. Luna stopped in her tracks.

"What are you talking about?" Luna asked, fear in her voice.

"You know Scaly feeds on jealousy. He cannot only just take over minds, he can use you to bring out Nightmare Moon,"

"I have her under control, sister,"

"I know you do. But no matter what you think, we have to wait. We have eight weeks until the fate of Twilight, Rarity, Spike, Scaly…and maybe all of Equestria. It rests now on the princess and her designer,"

Author's Note:

It took a while to brainstorm a couple of things, and after this chapter I can only imagine the feedback I'll get. That Cadence and Twilight thing just came to me (I kept it rated Teen), and it serves good for future chapters as well. Hope you enjoyed this new chapter!