• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 1,814 Views, 47 Comments

The Princess' Designer - BlazingFlame



Princess Twilight Sparkle cordially invites Rarity to the upcoming Gala, and to be her fashion designer until Twilight's stay in Canterlot is over. Although a little more than just friendly bonding is involved...

  • ...
18
 47
 1,814

Take Nine

Take Nine: Eye For an Eye

Twilight glared at her brother in fear. She couldn't believe her brother was about to kill her. Something had to come over him. Just like when Chrysalis embedded a spell and deceived him using her powers of a changeling.

"It's over Twilight," Shining said, the glow in his horn getting brighter, "I'm going to end you. You're never going to make it to your little…friends," He laughed maniacal and shot the blast. In just an instant, Twilight cast a mirror spell that hit Shining Armor right in the heart, making him fall back. Twilight was freed from the spell, and she panted heavily.

"Brother?" She asked shakily, walking over to the limp body of her older brother. Twilight gasped and let out a tear, "Brother, no! NOOOO!" she screamed. Hoofs were approaching, that of the guards, and Twilight had to think quick. She could lie, but suspicions would lean against Rarity again. She could flee, but there had been proof she was the only one with Shining Armor.

Meanwhile Scaly watched as the incident went down. Twilight was a goner, one way or another. But he growled when the guards arrived and Twilight pretended Shining was alive, moving his mouth and speaking as boyishly as she could.

"What is the meaning of that scream?" One guard asked.

"Yes. What happened?" Another questioned. Twilight kept Shining Armor on her front shoulder and laughed nervously.

"Oh, we were just playing around and he wanted to be stupid and knock out. Nothing suspicious here, ahaha," she smiled nervously. The guards shrugged and left, Twilight trying to keep from crying.

Big brother. I'm so sorry. You're dead. It was bad enough I made your wife cheat on you. Now I killed you. It's all my fault. I should have Rarity leave as soon as possible.

Twilight made her way upstairs with the body and placed it in a guest bed, tucking him in tightly and spraying him with cologne. She cried softly and hugged her brother tightly.

"What came over you? You would never harm a thing!" She cried and wailed harder. Taking another look, blurry, at her brother's face, she noticed the red juice from before. Wiping her tears she examined it, "What is this?" she asked herself. Noticing the dark substance, she gritted her teeth. Somepony made Shining Armor drink a potion! But who? Nopony else knew of the incantations of dark magic in the castle, except Spike, Luna, and Celestia. Wait.

Twilight glanced out the window and met eyes with a dark figure from the garden. It was Spike, unbeknownst to Twilight, and he sped away. Twilight screamed.

"That thing! He set me up! Or at least tried to," She tried to calm, taking in a deep breath. This was certainly not the most enjoyable month in her life. But with Rarity, it eased the ache of Armor's death by her horn. Twilight kissed her brother's cheek softly.

"Rest in peace, Shining Armor. Again…I am so sorry. I promise I will defeat that shadow I saw outside. I know he has to be the culprit. And when I meet him face to face…he will feel my wrath," With that, Twilight shut the door and sealed it with a rune that nopony else but her could open.

I never thought I would ever say this…but I will have my revenge.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spike walked into Rarity's room where she slept soundly. He had a purple vial in his claw, filled with a potion that would make her his precious forever. And he would have never done it had it not been for Scaly.

"Do it now…" Scaly hissed. Spike smirked, his mind now consumed with the greed of finally making Rarity his forever. Suddenly he hissed and whispered a song.

White precious, we must never leave behind.

Give her the potion and the love will never hide.

Make her my bride. Make her my own.

Make her my shadow, body, and add a newer tone.

Whispers in my mind, Scaly is my friend,

He has taught me greed,

And now my struggle will end.

Spike then spoke. "You're all mine", he was then interrupted with the swing of the door, and a bright light from Twilight's horn. Anger in her eyes, Twilight seemed to calm slightly when she saw Spike, who quickly hid the vial behind him. Spike gulped.

This is it…if Twilight finds out…I'm doomed.

NO! Scaly hissed in Spike's mind. Wait for the right moment…and pour the vial at the last second.

"Spike, what are you doing here? What's behind your back?" She asked, approaching the shaky baby dragon slowly. Spike began to sweat excessively, his body getting hotter than the flames he burped. Spike closed his eyes tight. Twilight put a hoof on his shoulder and smiled softly, "Spike…you can tell me any-" Spike's eyes flashed open quickly, his eyes now a glowing white.

"The precious is ours! Not yours!" Spike said, and dug his claws into Twilight. Twilight screamed, and Rarity woke up quickly, looking around. She gasped as Spike dug his claws further and further into Twilight until she hurled the dragon off of her, and out to the window, where he held on tightly to the edge. He turned back to normal, and glanced down. It was a long drop, maybe a hundred hoofs or so. He wouldn't make it if he fell. Twilight went to the window with Rarity, groaning from the gashes in her skin, and the blood leaking from them excessively.

"You…you're the one that's been causing all this commotion?!" Twilight yelled. Spike let out a tear, his grip on the edge of the window loosening.

"Yes! But it was because of this guy named Scaly! I was in the library and opened a book I shouldn't have! I'm so sorry! Please help me up!" He said, the winds growing stronger as he looked in Twilight's eyes with fear. Twilight looked down.

"Because of you, Spike. My brother is dead. Cadence broke the entirety of her relationship with her husband. And you were going to enchant Rarity with a potion," Twilight said weakly, Rarity using healing magic on the wounds. Confused, the unicorn stood quiet and looked on at Spikey-wikey. But from what she heard…Spikey-poo wasn't who he was anymore, "I'm not going to save you," Twilight said, her wounds now healed.

"But, Twilight, give him a chance!" Rarity burst out. She couldn't believe Twilight was going to abandon the closest living creature to her, leaving him to die. Sure his plans sounded diabolical and pure evil, but something took over him. He could be cured! Twilight glanced at Rarity and shook her head.

"A life for a life. He needs to learn his lesson in death. A price he must pay for the cause of my brother's sudden hate and death. He wanted to use you, Rarity. And even with whoever this Scaly was, I know Spike would have fended him off much better. I taught him to always be strong, no matter what. And now look at him. It is only right he perishes," Twilight walked out the room, letting out a tear. Rarity couldn't believe what she heard or saw. She then angrily turned to Spike, her sparks of love for Twilight now ignited.

"Did you do all of this so you could separate me and Twilight?" She asked, Spike nodding weakly and looking down below. Rarity stomped on Spike's claw with her hoof, "You should be ashamed of yourself! You are not the cute, innocent Spike I once knew! I will be with Twilight because I love her! Now fall to your death!" Rarity pushed the dragon off the edge and then took in a deep breath.

Goodness me! What did I just do? Spike!

"Spike!" She screamed. Looking out the window, there was no trace of the baby dragon to be found. She put her hoof to her mouth and fell to her legs, crying softly.

I killed somepony. I just took a life. What's wrong with me?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Twilight made her way to her room and threw herself on her bed.

"Today was the worst day ever. Two are dead. One is ill. And darkness is upon Equestria again. What will become of me? What will become of Rarity? Will we ever be lovers? Ugh!" Twilight tucked herself in using her magic and sighed.

Oh, Celestia. How did my life become so complicated?

Author's Note:

Sorry about this really long wait. My laptop broke down. And my parents took forever to get me a replacement. In other words, I'm back in business. I'm sorry again. I love you readers and I love reviews still. Glad to be back.