• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 848 Views, 18 Comments

Everharted - Camlio



Slightly inspired by the main character of the game malicious in which you are placed in the role of a vessel of souls.

  • ...
5
 18
 848

Chapter 4: Names and emotions. (The Ticketmaster pt. 1)

"Wards: One of the vessel's sacred duties in this and any world where there will be no Malicious, is to defend these objects be they living or inanimate. Their importance is even great enough that the Vessel's magic becomes tied to them after discovering them, a brand forming and growing on the Vessel's very flesh for each ward discovered. With the master ward's brand forming upon both flesh and weapon of the Vessel. It's survival paramount to the soul within." - The creator of the Vessel

You hop down to Twilight and stand beside her as AJ finished her pitch for why she'd like to go to the event the golden tickets were for, The Grand Galloping Gala. As you let them talk, Twilight's stomach rumbled. "I believe any decision making can be put on hold till lunch has been eaten." You suggest, your speech even startling you do to it's oddly archaic nature and accent.

Both mares and Spike stare at you, Applejack quickly making her confusion about your ability to speak known quite clearly. "But, ah thought you said you couldn't talk before?" She looked to Twilight for an explanation.

"Well, from what the Princess told me, Spirit's body is able to grow and do new things after important events and other stimuli have occurred." The purple unicorn said looking a bit pleased with herself for recalling it exactly. Although from the way she blanched, it was obvious she forgot something. "Oh right, you've met before haven't you? Spirit, this is Applejack. Applejack, this is Spirit." She said with a grin which entailed you to bow.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm glad to know you're unharmed after last night's events." You said simply, enjoying being able to talk. Yet the sincerity of your statement wasn't lost on the mare.

Applejack made it quite clear that she had been worried about your safety when you suddenly found yourself hugged by the farm pony. "Don't you go scaring us like that again ya hear?" It was obvious that she had just gotten over the shock of seeing you both alive and in one piece from the tears in her eyes and the relief in her voice. As if on cue another set of hooves wrapped around you, though these were light blue in color.

"Yeah, what AJ said you goof." It was the rainbow maned mare from before. Even though she had buried her head in your cloak it was easy to tell she was crying, although she most likely intended to use the fabric to muffle the sniffles. It was a plan you didn't mind letting her fulfill. It was obvious that you getting hurt while trying to help them had settled heavily on their shoulders.


As you let the mares calm themselves, you took a moment to retreat into the area of the vessel where the spirit of the filly stayed. "Hello? Little filly are you here?" As if to answer your call, the Filly spirit ran up to you and nuzzled your leg.
"Hello again, sorry about that." She said with a blush at nuzzling you. "It's just, I think I've become quite a bit more like a filly than just in appearance." She said with a giggle. "Oooh I meant to tell you I thought up a name for myself!" She said proudly as she cuddled into your leg, forcing you to take a seat so she could crawl into your lap.

"Oh really? What might that be?" You asked chuckling slightly. Her display of affection was both odd yet heartwarming due to her trying to kill you the day prior. Perhaps the fact that you spared her had something to do with it?

"I wanna be called Sweet Dream!" She said with a smile as she looked up at you with large eyes that seemed to beg you to stroke her mane. Which you gladly did, causing her to giggle.

"Very well, Dream. I think I need to get back to the others now though." She awwwed at that before moving from your lap.
"Promise you'll come play with me tonight?" She asked with misty eyes. There was some form of attachment there, though there was an inability to put your finger on it, although with a smile you nod. "Okay! Don't forget you promised!" she said with an excited smile as the strange dreamscape flowed away.


"O-Oh I hope he's okay... Do you think he's okay Angel?" A rather timid voice spoke up as you felt a feather duster cross your face. "I-I mean he just sort of appeared in the chair. D-do you think Twilight sent him here to make sure the library was okay?" The voice became matched to the butter colored pegasus from the night before as you opened your eyes.

It was obvious from her reaction when you started to move that she was only speaking as much due to believing you were asleep. "O-Oh... I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean to wake you." She said staring downwards and hiding her face behind the wavy length of her mane.

Though before you could tell her it was alright, a rabbit called her back up to the main room where cleaning was to continue. "Was she... wearing a maid's outfit?" Was all you could ask as she left the room and closed the door to the basement...

Author's Note:

Right here's the first half of the Ticket Master episode following your adventures as the vessel. The other half will have a bit of a surprise twist in it taking account for Spirit being involved in the Mane 6's lives. Though I won't reveal the details as of yet.

Many thanks to Nocturnal Lover for proofreading this chapter for me. Here's to you my friend. *Raises a glass*


NO NEW UPGRADES OBTAINED