• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 737 Views, 27 Comments

Midnight Spark and Harmony - MrMidnightSpark



Midnight Spark is a unicorn that moves to Ponyville and find the Mane 6, his special talent is Elemental magic.

  • ...
5
 27
 737

Ponyville's new dweller (Rewritten)

I was never the one to guide, I was never the one to try, I was never the one to fight but I was never the one to hide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was emitting its warm light over the peaceful town of Ponyville, a good day for a walk on the park or going out with friends. The city buzzed with activity, from ponies working to chatting. An orange mare with a stetson covering part of her blonde mane was going to the stall searching for ingredients to make the Apple's specialty, apple pie.

Unnoticed by almost everypony in the town, a blue speck far away was on the market's direction. A dark blue coated unicorn stallion with a mix of light and dark blue mane, dark on the borders and light blue on the rest. He had 2 saddlebags mounted on either of his sides. It was on this moment that he started attracting attention.

This occurence was getting normal for the small populace of the town. A lot of ponies were visiting the town with the intention of finding and talking to the six ponies that saved them all from night time eternal, The Elements of Harmony.

The orange earth pony noticed him walking on her direction and greeted him.

I'll try to make a good AJ, but I don't know how to do the accent very well, so, tell me in the comment section if there is anything that bothers you.

"Howdy there?" the orange mare asked.

"Oh, hello..." the surprised blue pony said.

"Ah can see that y'all is a new comer around here, welcome ta Ponyville, but, can Ah ask yer name?"

"You already did, but, it's Midnight, Midnight Spark, at your service." The blue pony said.

"Oh, a gentlecolt! Mine's Applejack," She listed the things that would be her chores for the rest of the day and wondered about her free time. Her friends didn't make any plans today, so, she was free for the rest of the afternoon after she finished shopping. "Ah can give y'all a tour in the town, wanna go?"

"A good offer, but, I have to decline, for now, I just want to find my new house around the town, I already told the mayor this, so, I have to find the mayor office to talk about it, I would really appreciate if you could show me her office."

"Sure as sugar that I can, but, if y'all don't mind me askin', what brings y'all ta live here?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

"I was looking for a quiet and welcoming place, some ponies have told me of this place and its vivacious residents, so, i thought this place was perfect to start my training and ask for advice."

"Let's get goin', but, trainin' for what and what kind of advice?"

"Aren't you a curious pony?" Applejack raised her hoof and opened her mouth to argue, but before she could muster a word he continued. "I like curious ponies, it's curiosity that makes us discover new things and try to understand others." He explained with a hoof raised. "I was just joking!" He said with an awkward smile on his face. "My special talent is elemental magic, I was seeking training and advice for what to do about it, I researched a little and found out that Miss Twilight Sparkle is here, is that truth?" He said eagerly.

"Elemental magic, sure it's a rare thing, but, yer talkin' 'bout Twih?" Sure she is a famous pony, but Ah didn't think somepony would have such interest on her. And trainin'?

"Is she your friend?" Curiosity getting the better of him.

"Yep, Ah would like ta introduce y'all ta my friends, but, for now, we arrived." She said while pointing a hoof to the building in front of them.

He was so immersed on the chat that he didn't even noticed he reached his goal. He looked to the mayor office building and started to walk to the door. "Thank you Applejack, can I meet you when I finish this off? A smile on his face.

"Sure, but Ah bet Pinkie Pie will find y'all first, so, be prepared ta have a 'Welcome ta Ponyville Party', Ah live in 'Sweet Apple Acres' by the way, it's on the outskirts of the town." Said the orange earth pony waving and heading to her house with the ingredients.

Midnight headed to the mayor office and entered the building. He arrived at the door, knocking.

"You may enter." Said, what he thought was the voice of, the mayor.

"Hello, I came to talk about the house I wanted to buy here, is everything right for the moving?".

"Yes, we don't expect much ponies to move here, so, the preparatives can be arranged very quickly."

"Excelent, so, about the payment, the same price?"

"38,100 bits. The hundred bits is for the moving, it turned out less because there was not so much luggage."

He pulled some bags full of bits from one of his saddlebags, pulled fifty bits from inside, and passed the rest to the mayor mare. "I think that should pay it, now if you excuse me, I have some moving to do, have a nice day miss." He said while heading out of the room.

"Have a nice day too and don't forget to enjoy what our town has to offer." Said the mayor mare while handing a key to Midnight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She said in the letter that my new house is near to 'Carousel Boutique', seems I will have to ask somepony about it." He said while a smile was on it's way to his face.

He stopped a pony to ask for information about 'Carousel Boutique', the pony was a pegasus, yellow fur with pink mane.

"Hey, sorry for bothering you, but,can you tell me where I can find this 'Carousel Boutique'?"

"...hello, you aren't bothering me..." the aparently shy pegasus said trying to hide behind her mane. "...Carousel Boutique is right...there." She said pointing a hoof in the direction of a far away purple and blue building.

"Thank you, but, can I ask your name my lady?"

"...i-it's Fluttershy..." she said in an almost inaudible voice.

"Pardon me, I am afraid that I didn't quite catch your name."

"...it's Flutttershy..." she said in almost the same volume as before.

"Can you say it again, louder this time, please."

"...it's Fluttershy..."

"Now I get it! Nice to meet you Fluttershy, my name is Midnight, Midnight Spark." He presented himself extending a hoof, taking one of her forehoofs and kissing it. The shy yellow pegasus quivered a little at the act.

"N-nice to m-meet you too..."

"By the way, can you tell me where I can find 'Sweet Apple Acres'? A pony called Applejack told me that it is on the outskirts of the town."

"Y-yes, it is in this direction," she said while pointing a hoof at the road that leaded to the place he asked. "Y-you will get t-there if y-you keep on this r-road..."

"Thank you again for your kindness my lady, now I have to find my new house, if you excuse me. I think we will meet again very soon." said Midnight, a small smile graced his features.

"B-bye." Fluttershy said still hiding behind her mane.

Midnight headed to his new house, taking the key to the door on his magic. "The house has a moderate size, let's see the backyard." He said while observing the furniture and size of the rooms. He noticed that the sun bathed his house on its warm glow. When he arrived at the backyard a smile broke in his face. "Incredible..." he said contemplating the big open space in his backyard. "Exactly as I requested, I have a mayor to thank, again." He unpacked his things and summoned others. "I have to train this summoning spell, it's really difficult to maintain some itens in it." He said while a bead of sweat rushed down his face.

"I think I can go to that tour now, so, I'll head to Sweet Apple Acres." I'm eager to know more about the town that I want to call home.

Out of his new house, he headed to the road, but a rainbow streak started to make it's way to Midnight. Thinking fast, he made a wind barrier, he saw that it was a pony. The wind barrier decreased the speed of the rainbow streak, making the crash less effective. They went to the ground nonetheless.

"Are you alright Lady?" The rainbow maned pegasus with a cyan fur mare got up.

"I'm fine, do you think somepony as awesome as me can get hurt with a fall like that... Oh" She said with realisation. "Sorry about the crash, and don't call me Lady. Not cool man. Name's Rainbow Dash." The mare said.

"Sorry, Rainbow Dash, my name is Midnight Spark, would you mind if I ask what made you crash on me?"

"No. I was trying to make some stunts when I lost balance, and we were on the ground." Rainbow Dash said while giving a sheepish smile and a curious look to him. "I felt something dampening my crash, like a gust of wind, it was you?"

"Yes, my elemental magic, I made a wind barrier to dampen the fall, but I couldn't do one strong enought to complitely stop you by the time you crashed."

"Cool. Elemental magic, it's your special talent?" said the cyan pegasus.

"Yes, the stars represents the elements that I can control and create." He said while pointing a hoof to the twin silver stars on his flank.

"So, you know wind magic, but, what the other star means?"

"Water magic."

"Cool, but, where were you going when I crashed in you?

"The ponies in this town have lots of curiosity." He said with a smile. Rainbow Dash retorted. "I'm not in this kind of stuff, I don't like gossip!". Midnight tried explaining. "It's okay, I like ponies with curiosity, I already said this to Applejack and-"

"Did you said Applejack? You know her?" Asked Rainbow with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, I met her when I arrived in the town. She showed me the mayor building.

"You're not from here, are you?"

"No, I moved to a house here not an hour ago and she offered me a tour around the town. It was very generous of her." I'm liking this town more and more. Such good ponies and a nice cozy feeling to it.

Rainbow Dash started thinking. So, it's him, I better go to the barn before him.

"So, you know, when you get there, knock at the barn, AJ is probably working right now, but, go nevertheless. It was fun meeting you, I have to get going, some chores to do. See ya later."

"Bye, see you later then!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight saw a forest of apple trees, all with a bunch of bright red apples, in the middle of this field he saw a red building. "This has to be the home of Applejack."

Knocking at the barn's door he hears Applejack's voice saying: "Get in!". When he pushes the barn's door, he notice that everything is dark in the room, but he had no time to react at what was coming.

"SURPRISE" everypony yelled at the top of their lungs turning the lights on and leaving their hiding places. There were various ponies in the room. How did I not notice that the town was missing so much ponies? Hmm. Might as well enjoy this.

A pink earth pony was the first to come at the door to talk with the very surprised blue unicorn. "HELLO, welcome to your 'Welcome to Ponyville Party', my name is Pinkie Pie, what's your name?" The pink earth pony asked while giving him a massive smile.

The still surprised Midnight managed to say something. "...So, Pinkie Pie... My name is Midnight Spark, so, this is a 'Welcome to Ponyville Party' thrown for me? A surprise party indeed! How did you know that I moved to here so fast?"

"My Pinkie Sense told me that a new pony moved to the town, I just asked AJ about you and then she let me thrown the party in her barn, can I call you Mid?" That massive smile never leaving her face.

"Oh, come on Pinkie, let him breath." Said Applejack while trying to take the pink party pony away from him.

"Applejack, nice to see you again, I was going to ask if you could do that tour in the town, but, I think it can wait for now." He said, a smile forming in his face.

"Yep, enjoy the party Mid, Ah'll present y'all ta the other girls." AJ said while pointing a hoof to a bunch of mares. He started to recognize some of them. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie who joined the other girls in the group. There was a pony that he didn't recognize, a unicorn mare with snow white fur and purple mane. He already read about that mare. "Aha, I got it now, she is Rarity, one of the greatest designers in Equestria, but only a few know about her work, really a shame." He said drooping his gaze a little. "Are my eyes fooling me? It can't be, it's Miss Twilight Sparkle, didn't expected to see her that soon!" Said the wide eyed blue unicorn. Surprise written all over his face.

He proceeded to make the first contact with Rarity and Twilight Sparkle while AJ was trying to present him to the other girls. "Girls, he is Midnight Spark, the new pony in town that I wanted ta present ta y'all. Midnight, that's-". She pointed at Rarity but Midnight interrupted. "Rarity," said Midnight completing Applejack's sentence. "one of the greatest designers of Equestria, my pleasure my fair lady." He said while taking Rarity's left forehoof and kissing it. "Oh darling, you flatter me like this, also a gentlecolt I can see." Said Rarity with a light red hue on her face. She wasn't accustomed to receive this treatment very often on the town.

"As Ah was sayin', Midnight, this is-" Applejack tried to finish the sentence. "Miss Twilight Sparkle, I am delighted to meet you, one of the most if not the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria, your studies are quite remarkable as well." Finished Midnight taking one of Twilight's hoof and kissing it. Applejack was starting to get annoyed at his interruptions, if the frown on her face was any hint, but coped really well. "My pleasure, also, thank you about the compliment, it's hard to find a stallion that knows about my studies and Rarity as well, so, I think you read a lot of books then." Looks like I will have lots of subjects to discuss with him. Said the purple bookworm, her interest picked by this new dweller. "Indeed, I am also a fan of yours, it's really my pleasure to meet you." said Midnight.

"Oh...sorry," He noticed that he and Twilight weren't the only ones on the room. "I was so excited to see you that I forgot to say hi to the others, I'm really sorry. So, we meet again. Hi Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash." Said the blue unicorn.

"No need to apology, it's alright bro."

"Y-yes, w-we don't mind." Her shyness seeping away at every sentence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enjoying the party?" Asked the pink party pony.

"Of course, I got to know Miss Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and got presented to a few ponies of the town, thank you very much for this party."

"Okie Dokie Lokie! I am a party pony after all." The girls started to gather around Midnight. "Ah already told the girls why ya moved to Ponyville, but we don't know where did ya lived before, care to talk 'bout? Said Applejack

"Of course not, before I moved to Ponyville I used to live in Manehattan, but I have very few good memories from there, the ponies there are all snobs. I was raised by my parents, two of the few ponies that weren't snobs in the city, and I am very grateful to them for that." Said Midnight.

"Sorry for bringin' bad memories."

"We are very sorry for that darling, it was none of our business." Said Rarity.

"It's fine, I am much better now that I moved to here. Also, I already said to Rainbow Dash and Miss Applejack that I like curious ponies."

"Y'all don't have to call me miss, sugarcube."

"I was wondering, where do you live in the town?" Asked Rarity.

"Next to 'Carousel Boutique', I live in the blue house there, but I think 'Carousel Boutique' is where do you live, right Rarity?" Said Midnight.

"Absolutely right darling. So, you're my neighbor now, good to hear that, gentlecolts are always welcome to come to my house for a visit."

"Of course I will visit you, such a lady, I won't miss the chance." Said Midnight bowing.

"You can always visit us." Said Twilight with a smile in her face.

"Thank you for your kindness ladies and Rainbow Dash." Everypony's eyes turned to Rainbow Dash. "What? I said to him to not call me lady, it isn't cool." Answered Rainbow Dash. Everypony returned their normal expressions again, this was already expected.

"Sorry everypony, but I am afraid that I will have to leave, with this eventful day I am exhausted. Thank you everypony for coming to this party and I am grateful for the bonds I created with all of you. Now, good night for everypony and see you around."

"Even making a little speech, see you later then." Said Twilight.

"See ya later Mid." Said AJ joking with his new nickname given by Pinkie Pie.

"Haha, Mid, see you later." Said Rainbow Dash laughing with the nickname.

"GOOD NIGHT Mid!!" Said the energetic pink earth pony.

"Good night and don't forget that you can visit me when you want darling." Said Rarity.

"G-good night, a-are you m-mad with me f-for...not talking v-very much with y-you?" Said the shy yellow pegasus mare.

"I can't be mad at you Fluttershy, good night for you girls." Said Midnight while bowing to the girls.

Author's Note:

This is my first story here in FIMFiction, actually, my first story at all, and I am not a native English speaker, so, if you can forgive by whatever mistake I can make and warn me in the comment section I would really appreciate that. Also I will add tags and characters as they appear.

Unff...finally ended the first chapter. I don't write much, and as I said, this is my first story, I want you to say what is wrong with the story, say if you want me to continue, if you don't like, just say it and I'll stop writing. If you like the story, I don't have a goal to achieve, so, I will write when I get inspiration, I suggest that you favorite the story, it will warn you when a new chapter is posted. The things that I want is for you to like the story and me to be satisfied with the way this is going, so, if I can't achieve this, I will stop writing, but, wish me luck.

New AN: I finally rewrote this shit. The courage and patience finally found me. I said I would rewrite it somewhere along the lines. A ask you once again to leave your comment down below. Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Say if you like or not. If the feedback is positive I will continue trying to rewrite it for you guys.
I just extended the chapter, addeded details, corrected some errors that I overviewed and changed Midnight personality a bit. Tried to make the characters more alive and less robotic.
Let's see if this works out!