• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 737 Views, 27 Comments

Midnight Spark and Harmony - MrMidnightSpark



Midnight Spark is a unicorn that moves to Ponyville and find the Mane 6, his special talent is Elemental magic.

  • ...
5
 27
 737

Discorded Harmony and Ice Shards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun started to rise when Twilight got up to start the library chores, it was no different than any other morning. Then, Spike went to the library's kitchen, Twilight notice that. "Good morning Spike, why are you up this early?"

"Good morning Twilight, I was having a nice dream with Rarity when 'this' ruined the whole thing." He said while handing to Twilight a letter.

"It's from Princess Celestia, the Princess told me to go to Canterlot later today, why she sent me a letter?"

"I don't know, read it, I'm going straight back to bed."

Twilight started to read it. Seconds later she finished the letter. "It says that the Princess want me to gather the Elements and go immediately to Canterlot." Must be a really bad thing. Twilight, don't panic...DON'T panic.

She runs out to gather the other Elements. She goes first at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack certainly was awake by now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not far from there, Midnight was awake packing his things. "I think it's all packed up, today I start training my new ice magic, I can't say if I'm worth any help, so, I will make Twilight proud for taking time helping me out." With this, he took the house key and his saddlebags in his magic, he placed the saddlebags at his back and then went off, locking the house. "I think I will go to Sugar Cube Corner get a few cupcakes, just to start the day, then, I'll head out from the town."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After gathering all the Elements, Twilight explained the best way she could, there was no further information in the letter. "As I said, the Princess want us to go to Canterlot immediately, she told by the letter that she wanted me to gather the other Elements and go straight to Canterlot." They arrived at the train station.

Midnight saw them at his way out of the town and went there to say good morning to his new friends. "Good morning girls."

"Oh, hi Midnight, good morning to you too." Said Rarity.

"Can I ask why are all of you in the train station this early?"

"Princess Celestia want to see us right away." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, I wonder why is there such a hurry."

"We don't know, the Princess just said to gather the Elements and go immediately to Canterlot." Said Twilight.

"You told me yesterday that the Princess wanted you to go to Canterlot today, it seems you will have to go earlier."

"I'm still confused, my head is a mess of ideas on why the Princess summoned as so early and in such a hurry. But, why are you wearing saddlebags?" Asked Twilight.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you, I'm going out of the town for a little while to start the training of my new magic in a more appropriate place. When I got here I found the perfect place to do this."

"So, when we get back we won't see you here?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"Yes, but just for a little while, I think a week will do the job."

"Good luck with that training of yours!" Said Applejack.

"Thank you, but, when I get back here I want to know exactly what happened between you and Princess Celestia."

"We will make sure you know everything." Said Twilight.

"Bye girls, I think I'm going now."

"Bye Midnight." Said the girls.

And then Midnight headed to the place of the training.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place chosen by Midnight to start the training was a special place, it was about 9 miles away from Ponyville, very quiet and peaceful. It was a waterfall rounded by a dense forest, the perfect place to train ice magic. The vision was wonderful, under the waterfall was a lake with an island in the middle. Midnight set up camp at the little beach in front of the lake. "I think this place is isolated enough, there is no creatures here, so, I won't be bothered." Midnight finished setting the camp and proceeded to the shore in front of the island. I think I now the perfect way to start the training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some miles away from there, the train was about to reach the city of Canterlot.

"We are here." Said Rainbow Dash with her head out of the window.

Don't panic Twilight, keep it together, it's probably nothing... Don't fool yourself Twilight, you know it's probably something bad.

The girls reached Canterlot Palace, the guards let them pass immediately. Upon reaching the throne room, they saw Celestia passing back and forth. "Princess, we came as fast as we could. What is the matter?"

"Twilight, the matter is of great importance, follow me." The girls followed Celestia through the corridors.

"This morning, an old enemy of Equestria returned. Princess Luna and I imprisoned him in stone for a thousand years with the power of the Elements of Harmony. Before we stood against him, he ruled Equestria in eternal chaos and disharmony, his name is Discord."

"But Princess, why haven't I red about him in any books?" Asked Twilight.

"Because my sister and I thought it was better to burn every book that contained information about him to maintain peace and harmony, we ordered for everypony not to tell this to it's descendants, we are sorry for hiding this information, but now, you must know."

"Princess, how he escaped from being stone?"

"I think he escaped because we are no longer connected with the Elements of Harmony, you are the new welders. It must be you who will conquer Discord once again."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight started training, he started by trying to make an ice bridge between the shore and the island. "This is really difficult, I'm getting exhausted just from the concentration to make the ice, I will have to train very hard to make this easy." Once again he tried to make the magic ice cover the surface of the water, failing. "It gets a lot of concentration to create the ice and a lot more to bend it and cover the water with it." Something snapped in his head. What is this? A bad feeling? I don't really know. It must be nothing. He spent some hours trying to do the bridge. "I think I'm getting the way of this. Better try to make the ice easier to create first."

Midnight reached his camp and lighted the fire. "I think that if I can freeze this fire, it will get easier to make the ice and it will be stronger, so, let's try." He tried it for about an hour and fell asleep with the exhaustion hitting him. With this, he doesn't noticed the random changing between day and night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier at the same day. Princess Celestia attempted to give the girls the Elements, but they were no where to be found. Discord made his great appearance at Canterlot Palace's windows. After some presentations and threats, Discord said in his way, where to find the Elements of Harmony. "To retrieve your missing Elements just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began." He said while disappearing from the window.

After some time chasing for the Elements in the Palace's Maze, with some rules created by Discord, including no use of horns, wings, and everypony has to play or he wins, five of the mane six were already changed, their fur was greyish instead of the normal tone, they started to behave in the opposite way they always do, including that Rainbow Dash was nowhere to be found either. Discord have visited every one of them, using his lies and strategy to make them fall apart using the Elements that they represents.

Seeing that the maze doesn't hold the Elements and Discord proclaimed that he won because Rainbow Dash exited the maze, Twilight said: "The Elements aren't here. We have to think, that rhyme." Back where you began, back where you began. "That's it, back where you began, the Elements are in Ponyville. Let's go girls."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon reaching Ponyville, the town was a wreck, everything was chaos, houses floating in the air, the road turned to soap, and the day and night were changing randomly. Twilight found the Elements in a book in her library, but with the discorded girls, it took time to take back the book, Fluttershy was behaving like a school bully, Applejack started lying about everything, Rarity took a giant boulder from the maze with her thinking that it was a giant diamond and didn't let anypony even touch it, Pinkie was with straight mane and thinking that everypony was making fun of her, Rainbow Dash just didn't seemed to be loyal at all, she just disappeared.

Twilight tried to make the Harmony Rainbow to use against Discord, switching Rainbow's place with Spike. It doesn't worked, as expected. With this, the mane six disbanded, turning Twilight's fur to a more greyish tone. It was this what did the snap in Midnight's head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight awaked, seeing the random change between day and night. "This is really strange, was that bad feeling about this? Probably yes, but right now I can't do a thing. My magic isn't for combat yet, if there is something bad, Princess Celestia can take care of it, she is with the Elements of Harmony by her side, I'm really worried for the girls. But, as I said, there is nothing that I can do with my current state, in order to do something, I have to practice my ice magic. I wish you good luck girls, whatever you are doing, I will try to master this magic as fast as I can and then return to Ponyville."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was returning to the library to pack her things, because her friends weren't even friends anymore. When she started to pack her things, Spike said the Princess was sending letters all the time, at his side was a mountain of letters. Twilight recognized them, they were the friendship reports written by her, she started reading and remembered the importance of friendship returning her fur to the normal tone. With this, she went out to return her fiends to their normal state of mind and stand against Discord once more.

After returning all her friends to their right minds she attempted the Harmony Rainbow once more, Discord, realizing that the Rainbow was at full power too late, was frozen in stone once more with a horrified face. Resuming, don't buck with friendship!

Author's Note:

This story actually is from an alternate universe, so, it will get a little different from the original series, I didn't put the Alternate Universe tag, if you want me to put it, just say in the comment section. So let's start this already.

I love Discord's Rhyme and Twilight remembering the importance of friendship. Actually, the opening of the chapter took some time to finish, but the rest of the chapter was relatively easy, it was based in the episodes: The Return of Harmony Part 1 and 2, owned by Lauren Faust and Hasbro. My time is already divided into drawing, playing RPGs and FPSs, going out with my friends and studying. My classes started today, I wake up at 5:15, and arrive at home at 6:00, so, it will be rather difficult to continue this, I just want you to have patience and try to understand that I'm not a writer. Wish me good luck and behave yourselves.