• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 1,028 Views, 21 Comments

Maybe if I get to... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 38 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,028

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Paying the mortician

It took a little longer than Stony expected but you're now able to stand as you stretch your legs out a little while you listen to the small grey stallion's deep voice as he taps his hoof to his mouth.

"You know you faint really fast, do you do that often?"

You ignore his comment as you continue to stretch out your legs.

"Ok Tombstone, why did you need us." Stony turns his head to the pegasus's words as he nods his head, "Yes, I think it would be best if I got right to it, than I won't have to foals running around my house all day."

You drift your eyes to Violet and Sparky who are sitting on the couch, the colt is talking about something but you can't really understand what he's saying in his young gibberish words...Violet doesn't seem to mind the colt's voice though as her ears stay perked up to his voice. Which brings a slight bit of sad joy to your mind seeing as how you know she can't really talk to the colt, but at the same time you're happy that she's happy.

But you're brought from your stare as Stony's voice picks back up.

"Now this is what I need from you two." Stony hovers the empty cup to a nearby table as he talks, "Do either of you know Angel?"

You both shake your heads as you talk, "No."

Stony nods his head as he sighs, "That you two are lucky, the little bastard..."

His voice is cut off as the pegasus waves his hoof to him in an annoyed voice, "Hey..." He nods his head to the couch as he holds his hoof to the grey stallion.

Stony nods his head as he continues, "Fine, the rabbit has stole a magical wand from me and I need you two to kill it and get it back."

You squint to his words as you speak up, "What?" Your mind is having a little bit of trouble understanding why or how a rabbit stole a wand.

Volt shares in on your confusion as he cocks his head, "We have to kill a rabbit?"

Stony rolls his eyes as he talks, "We don't have time for this the yellow one will be back at her home when the dress is fixed."

I give up...You hold your hoof out as you speak up, "So...What are we doing again?"

Stony brings his hoof to his nose as he lets out a groan, "Does anypony know Fluttershy?"

Volt shakes his head again as you speak up, "I do."

Stony shakes his head as he talks, "Well she has a pet rabbit named Angel, this rabbit has stole a wand from me and I need you to get it back."

A stolen wand?...seems below my quest level, you hold a stupid smile to your thought as you listen to the stallion next to you, "Well i'm not killing the rabbit, but where is Angel?"

Stony nods his head with a smile, "See now you are listening, the rabbit is locked in my basement and can't get out and I nee-..."

You cut him off as you speak up in an annoyed voice, "You kidnapped me and took me to your house to get a wand away from a rabbit you have in your basement?"

Stony holds an unfazed face to you as he answer back, "No, I did not foal nap you, you can leave whenever you want."

You and Volt both give each other a look as you turn back towards the couch.

"Wait!"

You both stop as the pegasus speaks up, "You said we could leave?"

Volt nods his head as he rolls his hoof to Stony, "Ya I got stuff to do Stony, unlike you some ponies are planning for Nightmare Night."

Stony trots in front of you as he talks, "Listen, I can't get the wand back because it's magical."

You both blink to his words still completely not following him.

"Uh..." Stony shakes his head as he looks up to the ceiling, "I was asked by Roseluck who was asked by somepony named Melisa Spring to make a magical wand, but the mare never came back from a trip, and now I have a wand that I used to create an army of undead rabbits which I was going to use to scare foals away from my house on Nightmare Night...But now the evil one has the wand and all of my magic is useless to the item I created and the rabbits now are to bitey to go back down there...Do you understand?"

Volt speaks up as he shakes his head, "Ya, don't come by your house for NIghtmare Night, can I go?"

You give a light chuckle as you shake your head, "You can just use that rig-a-muffin stuff again."

The grey stallion shakes his head as he talks, "You two owe me and I need you two to get rid of the zombie rabbits and take the wand from Angel, I have ruined one of Fluttershy's dresses and she will be gone from her house to get it fixed, this way I can wipe the demon spawn's memory of my wand and leave it inside Fluttershy's house." He nods his head as he talks, "Or we kill the rabbit and sleep soundly."

You shake your head to his words as you talk, "You're not killing the rabbit."

Volt taps his hoof to his mouth as he talks, "How did you create a spell to make zombie rabbits?"

You both stare at Stony as he shakes his head, "Ugh, I used a spell from one of Sagitta's tome..." He holds his hoof up as he talks, "And before you ask, yes that is the Sagitta that was mage after Star Swirl the bearded."

Volt shakes his head as he talks, "Never heard of um."

You give a sigh as you speak up, "Wheres the rabbit?"

"Finally, follow me so that you can get the wand back." Stony walks towards the door as he talks.

But neither you or Volt follow as you look back to the couch, ya i'm not leaving Violet here.

Your thoughts are brought out as the pegasus beside you speaks up, "I'm not leaving Sparky here."

Stony turns his gaze to the two foals as he gives a sigh, "foals love me, I'm taller than them and shorter than you...it only takes a few minutes now can we go today is a Celestia half day."

You shake your head to his words as your ability to handle all the words you don't understand is finally met, "What does that mean?"

Stony shakes his head to you as he talks, "Oh for Luna's sake, a Celestia half day? When the day is only fifteen hours not the normal twenty?"

You blink to his words as you finally realize why you're so tired every day...pony time is really fucked up!

Volt is hesitant for a moment as he calls out to the little colt, "Sparky, daddy will be back in a few minutes ok?"

The young colt turns his head to the voice as he calls out, "Ok."

You follow Volt's voice as you call out to Violet, she gives you a happy front hoof wiggle as she hears your voice.

You follow after Volt and Stony as you walk out of the house, the pegasus drifts back to you as you two follow the grey stallion around the house, "So is Violet your first?"

You nod your head to his comment as he continues, "...Ya unicorn foals are always a hoof full for the first year, but they learn a lot faster." He gives a little chuckle as he trails on, "My daughter Starly was able to lift a whole book when she was just four months old."

You nod to his comment as you hold a slight hint of pride to your smile as you think, Violet could make a snow cloud snow with just a bolt of magic.

The pegasus looks you over for a moment before he speaks up, "How long have you been married? You don't really look that old?"

"Uh, i'm actually not married yet." You give a little chuckle as you talk.

The older stallion holds a smile as he nods, "Oh heard pony?”

You quickly shake your head as you speak up, “No, still planning.”

“Oh, well You know Vanhoover is really nice this time a year." His wings slightly flare out a little as he finishes, “The clouds there are really thick.”

You squint to his joy filled comment as you nod your head, "So how old is Sparky?"

The stallion smiles as he talks, "He just turned seven months old.” He lets out a slight laugh as he talks, “They grow up too fast, we just put him in preschool this week.”

Your ears perk up to his as you ask another question to the old stallion, "Don't you think thats a little young?" You hold your head to him slightly impatiently awaiting for his answer as he shakes his head.

"Not at all, six or seven-.."

His voice is cut off as Stony's voice chimes up, "Oh For Luna's sake, could you two please not act like a bunch of mares? I mean really could you talk about something else other than your foals?"

You turn your head to him a little annoyed to his words as you push his comment aside, "So six or seven?"

The stallion picks back up as he finishes, "Ya six or seven months is fine." He nods his head to his own words again as he continues in a slight chuckle, "...Its basicly a day care for a few hours, and Mrs. Cheerilee is a real nice mare."

Stony gives a slight groan to your conversation as his horn picks up in a faint blue glow, "We're here."

You look to a small wooden shack as the door to it opens up with Stony's magic around it.

You stop as you hold your hoof out a little confused to the tool filled shed, "I thought you said basement?"

Stony ignores you as he moves his hoof to a rake that stands against the wall, as his hoof brushes up against it he backs up and the ground in the shed starts to shake a little.

You watch too confused to talk as the shifting ground of the shed is moved revealing a stone stair walkway that goes under the ground.

The small grey stallion turns back to you and Volt as he rolls his eyes, "You act like you've never seen a hidden passage way before?"

You snap out of your confusion as you shake your head to his comment.

Stony turns back to you two as he talks, "Now you two need to just go and get the wand from a very evil white bunny, and don't worry about the undead rabbits they will vanish at even the slightest hoof touch."

You and Volt nod your heads as you move a little forward, but you're stopped as Stony holds his hoof out to you, "Wait, take this."

You look at the jar floating over to you from one of the shelves in the shed as you speak up, "Stony...i'm not rubbing lotion on my fur."

Stony looks to the jar filled with a white thick lotion like substance as he talks, "This is no lotion? This is a mixture of the rabbit's hair, carrots, and other various things I can't remember, but the important thing is this. If you throw some of this at him and it hits him he will fall asleep and you can bring him up to me without a fight."

You roll your eyes as you hover the jar from his grasp, as you do this the pegasus next to you lets out an amazed gasp, "How can you do that!?"

Stony brings his hoof to his nose as he mumbles, "Oh for the love of-... Just go I will watch after the two unwanteds."

The grey stallion trots past you two as he starts to push you to the stair's opening, he’s too small to really move either of you let alone one of you so you eventually just move yourself to the stairs.

End of chapter 4