• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 1,028 Views, 21 Comments

Maybe if I get to... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 38 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,028

Chapter 1

Maybe if...

Chapter 1 – Zappy

You give a slight yawn as you sit in your chair, you would think with Violet having her own bed and room that she would be spending less time in with you and Twilight. But instead the little filly has decided to become the designated alarm clock, every morning for the past few days you have woken up to the sound of her little hooves followed by the sound of her magic that usually puts her in between you and Twilight...Still not as bad as having the sun bake your eyes while you're trying to sleep...and the happy smile is a nice thing to wake up to.

"...See Violet I told you, you would like it."

You bring your mind back to the room around you as Twilight's baby like banter comes to your ears.

She holds a smile to the little purple filly as she floats the plate from her, Violet's lips still have a slight rainbow colored tint from the zap apples, and a little bit of jam is still occupies the tip of her nose.You can't help but hold a smile to the little filly as you watch her complete concentration being put into her tongue that's extend from her mouth trying to reach at the miniscule amount of the jam.

Your thoughts about the magical apples tasting bad were proved wrong. And really your kind of glad they were, Twilight said that because zap apples are magical the flavor they have is different for everypony and that it can change to anything you want.

You have no idea what Violet's apples taste like but you do know yours have a flavor that tastes nothing like a regular apple, really nothing like anything you have eaten before...or at least can remember.

Your light hearted gaze at the little filly is lost a little as you watch her horn starting to glow a bright green...Your thoughts shift a little as you move your head to the lavender mare in the kitchen, one problem about zap apples...they're magic, "Um Twilight-?"

Your voice is cut off as Violet's horn sparks up and sends a low chime through the room, her horn has sparked up a few swirls of blue-green wisp of magic that swirl around her horn in the low chime.

Twilight comes back into the room with a slight giggle as she trots over to the filly, she whips the jam from her nose with a towel that floats next to her as she talks, "I knew those zap apples would be good for you-..."

Her voice is cut off as Violet's horn sparks up again this time sending a small bolt of green magic to her mother's face.

You let out a laugh as Twilight stops her motions and only holds a wide eyed surprised face, her mane is a little blown back and a slight hint of frost is coated on her eyelashes.

Violet shares in your amusement as she innocently wiggles her front hooves to her frozen in time mother.

Twilight's caught off guard stun
only last another second as she brings her eyes back to the happy filly, "Violet, you know not to use magic on other ponies...." She holds her scolding tone as best as she can as Violet stops her happy wiggle and instead nods her head with a smile.

You stop your light chuckling as you shift your eyes back to Twilight with a sarcastic voice, "You know Twilight we could just stop giving her zap apple jam."

Violet's ears perk up to your words as she turns her face to you with a baby like O face.

Twilight catches on to your tone as she nods her head, "Oh, you're right...A big filly should know better."

You and Twilight try your best to hold a serious face as Violet starts to shake her head a little.

Her horn slowly starts to lose it's green glow as it takes on the same shade as her blue eyes. Twilight smiles to her as she wraps her hooves around the little filly, "Good job Violet..." Her tone is broken as her normal baby like encouragement begins to seep through.

Violet wiggles her hooves to the ground as Twilight's hold nears it, as her hooves touch it and Twilight's hold is broken the light purple filly starts to happily hop gallop around the room with her horn still glowing a faint blue.

You and Twilight watch her for a moment as the lavender mare takes her seat next to the high chair. After a few moments you turn your gaze back to Twilight as you watch her trying to fix the messed up mane that now sits atop her head.

Her tongue sticks out a little as she brushes the cold strains back down, after a few seconds she catches your gaze as she stops, "Now I see why you never try and fix your mane."

You look at the few strands of hair that lay in front of your eyes as you shrug her comment off, it's not that you brush it you just don't see a point in rebrushing it after you take an ice blast to the face from a smiling filly.

You're brought from your thoughts as Twilight's horn glows a faint purple, "...Ok we still need to pick a place..." You watch as a clipboard and quil float over to her as she smiles to you.

"AH! Cold!!!"

You both turn your heads back to the young kid's voice as you look at Spike shivering at the bottom of the stairs, "Violet..."

Twilight floats the clipboard down as she walks over to the little filly, but Violet doesn't stay long as she starts her gallops up with a happy wheezing gallop.

But Violet's gallop is quickly cut off as Twilight's horn sparks up and teleports herself in front of the playful filly, "Got you." Twilight scoops the happy wiggling filly up as she looks to Spike, who is still rubbing his arms in a chilled teeth chatter, "Sorry Spike, we just gave Violet her zap apples."

Spike continues to rub at his arms as he walks past Twilight, "W-well maybe we can give her them n-n-not in the morning?"

Twilight squints to the comment as she gives a little giggle, "You know filly magic is more prominent in the morning, besides..." Twilight sits her flank to the ground as she moves her other hoof over Violet's ears, "...You know Violet needs to get her magic out, she can't express her emotions as easily as we can."

Spike gives a slight shivering groan as he nods his head, "I know."

You watch the little dragon walk into the kitchen as you think, Violet's spells after a zap apple are a little bit stronger and you can't even begin to imagine what that must feel like to Spike.

The light purple filly still has her ears covered by Twilight's hoof as she gives a silent yawn as you bring your gaze back to her and Twilight. Violet's eyes don't show her tiredness but you know like the last few days that her magic use will start to take its toll on the little filly.

Twilight moves her hoof from Violet as she looks down, "Violet, what did mommy say?"

Violet's blue eyes shift up to Twilight's voice, the little filly is motionless for a moment before her left ear flicks a little and her front hooves move a bit.

You give a little smile to her hoofing as Twilight talks, "No, I did not say you could have more apples."

Violet closes her eyes as she holds a wide smile to Twilight's words, but her smile to her is not long as a knock at the door springs her back into her excited wiggles. She breaks free of Twilight's grasp as the lavender mare stands beside her.

You follow her motion as you walk over towards the door, but your trot was almost meaningless as Twilight's magic wraps around the door.

The door opens to a indigo maned white mare with a regal purple satchel around her.

"Hi Rarity." Twilight holds a smile to her friend but the white mare doesn't share the same friendly smile as she trots herself inside with her head held up high.

"Hello Twilight." Rarity's normal regular voice comes with her as Twilight shuts the door behind the white mare.

But her head and normal regular voice is brought down as she moves her gaze to the happy light purple filly, "Well hello Violet."

Her voice doesn't stop as her horn glowed a faint blue, the satchel around her comes open as she talks, "I think I have something that would just look fabulous on you."

You and Twilight watch as a thick pink ribbon like thing is floated from the bag and then floated towards Violet's tail, but the ribbon quickly changes its lose shape as it brushes up against Violet's tail. The pink ribbon takes on a perfectly made bow as Rarity's magic leaves it.

"Ah...Perfect, I knew a spring color would look good on you." Her eyes drift to you as she talks, “Pink didn’t look good on you darling.”

You smile to her as you shift your eyes back to Violet and give a little chuckle as you watch Violet's head turn back to the bow now tied around her tail, she holds a baby like O face as she tries to turn herself around to it, but her turning now leaves her in a never ending twist as she tries to get a good look at it.

Rarity's voice starts back up her regular banter becomes directed towards Twilight, "You know Twilight I figured you might take a few days to come and see me for your dress Twilight, but really I wanted to know how you liked your band? I don't usually mak-..."

Your ear flicks to the words as you quickly cut her off and tort over to Twilight's side as you talk, "Oh Rarity what band?" You move yourself behind the lavender mare as you shake your head, you haven't found the right moment to give her the band and right now you're just hoping Rarity catches onto your tone.

Twilight follows alone in your faked confusion as she cocks her head to her friend, "What band?"

The white mare pauses for a moment as her eyes catch you and she rolls her hoof to Twilight with a little laugh, "Oh silly me thats...umm....thats for another pony..ha ha.."

"Rarity!" The conversation is quickly saved as you all turn your gaze to the high pitched and excited voice.

But as your eyes fall to the little purple dragon he clears his throat as he tries to talk a little deeper, "I mean...hey Rarity what's up?"

You hold a slight smile to Spike's pointless motions as you watch him study his claw like he doesn't care whos in the room, but at the same time you're glad he spoke up seeing as how Rarity's voice was less than convincing.

Rarity nods to him as she talks, "Oh hello Spike-..." She taps her hoof to her mouth as she stops and stares at him, "...hmm, you seem to have some milk on your mouth Spikey."

He quickly brushes his claw over his mouth as he walks forward.

"Now than..." Rarity turns her head back to Twilight as her horn takes on a faint blue glow, "...Seeing as how you both seem too busy to come and see me I figure I would come and take a few measurements while I was just around."

You roll your eyes to her words as you look over her full bag thats draped over her side, you know theres no way she was just around.

Twilight shakes her head as she gives a friendly giggle, "Oh Rarity theres no need to-..."

"Nonsense darling, I insist." Rarity floats a pair of red glasses from her bag and onto her nose along with a a few other measuring items.

You shift your gaze back to Violet who has still not stopped her slow turning, you scoop her up as you move away from Twilight and Rarity.

You place Violet back to her high chair as you listen back to Rarity's voice, "...Thats what I thought just a normal mother-mare size."

Twilight watches the measuring tool move from her side as she looks herself over, "What do you mean?"

You give a little chuckle as you watch her inquisitive eyes not stopping there search, but at your sound she shoots you a look.

You avert your eyes to a nearby bookshelf as you hold your smile to the thought of annoying her.

End of chapter 1