• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 1,028 Views, 21 Comments

Maybe if I get to... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 38 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,028

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – That's a plan

"Stop moving dear..."

Twilight gives a slight sigh as she speaks up again, "Rarity I could have done this next week."

A loud gasp escapes the white mare's mouth as she rolls her hoof in the air, "Next week? You should be planned by the second week."

"Um...but Rarity its only been three weeks." Twilight holds a slight bit of confusion to the mare's words as she talks.

Rarity ignores her for a moment as she moves her measurement tool to Twilight's last leg, after a second she turns back to the table you sit at as she writes down a number on the notepad she put out.

You look around the table you sit thats now filled with various items you can't even name as you think to yourself, yep she wasn't just stopping by.

The white mare's voice finally comes back to her as she answer's Twilight's question in a slight laugh, "Only been three weeks..." She pauses as she lets her laugh end, "Oh Twilight by three weeks every mare should have every detail planned out." She lets out a slight girlish whimper as she stares off into space, "You have to have a lavish regal red carpet leading up to a beautiful hoof crafted altar with little white bows and silver streams hanging off of them..."

Another girlish whimper comes from her as she sways her hoof a little in the air in front of her, "Oh and you have to have it planned right when the sun is setting...that way the exquisite ice sculpture gets the right shimmer to it...Ah and the ice sculpture has to be horn crafted from the finest crafts pony in all of Canterlot..."

Twilight and you both blink to her rambling as she continues to sway herself to her own words, but neither one of you speak up as you listen to her continuing, "...And the curtains have to be a perfect shade of indigo to match your own mane..." She lets out a little giggle as she tilts her head back, "...Which of course will be done by the finest beauty salons in all of Canterlot..." Rarity again rolls her hoof mindlessly as she continues, "Because of course you have to look your best for a Canterlot wedding...-"

Twilight lets out a giggle as she talks, "Um Rarity?"

The white mare is silent for a few seconds as she holds her gaze away from her friend, "Rarity?"

"What? Oh! Sorry..." Rarity gives a little laugh as she shakes her head, "I must have got carried away."

You roll your eyes to her words as you listen to Spike speaking up from across the table, "I thought it was a great story...and it was told by the best story teller."

Rarity rolls her hoof to Spike as she talks, "Oh you're too nice Spikey." Her gaze moves back to Twilight as she talks, "I assume you would be going to Canterlot correct?"

You turn your head to Twilight as you watch her thinking, you both have kind of known Canterlot would be the better place but you still don't really want to go to a place where Discord stands only a half broken statue.

Twilight taps her hoof to her mouth as she thinks, "Well it would be easier for my parents, and its not too far for Violet...but we haven't really decided." She gives a sheepish smile as she talks, "We're still kind of on the date right now..."

Rarity hovers her glasses from her face as she talks, "Really? And why is-..." Her voice is cut off as a low chime rings around the room.

You quickly turn your gaze to the empty high chair as the sound stops, but your heart only has a second to skip a beat as the corner of your eye catches the light purple filly sitting on the floor.

Violet is no longer amused by her bow anymore as her eyes now fixate on the red glasses hovering in Rarity's grasp.

It doesn't take long for her horn to spark up in her own light blue-green magic as she stares at the floating object.

Rarity's blue hold of the glasses are engulfed in Violet's magic as they are pulled towards her.

But they don't reach their puppet master's pull as Twilight's horn sparks up in a light purple glow, the glasses are moved to the table as Twilight turns her gaze to Violet in a sweet voice, "Violet don't take things from other ponies, its not nice."

The little filly's ears perk up to the voice as she turns her face to her in a smile.

"You know Twilight if you want some help planning I have done a little wedding planning." Rarity holds her hoof to Twilight as she talks.

Twilight shakes her head as she talks, "No that's ok Rarity-..."

Her voice is cut off as the white mare starts to move her items off the table and into her bag, "Fluttershy was going to stop by a little later for me to fix her dress anyways, maybe we can talk about a few things. Plus I can't start a dress until you pick out a style anyways."

You scoop up Violet as you nod to Twilight, "Might as well go."

Rarity holds her hoof out to you as she talks, "Oh you can't come, its bad luck for a stallion to help pick out a wedding dress."

You squint to her words as you think, I think it doesn't count if its only the style..."Ok?"

"OH oh, can I go?" Spike jumps from his chair as he holds his eyes to Twilight.

Twilight holds a skeptical look as she talks, "Spike its going to be boring."

He crosses his arms as he talks, "No it won't."

Rarity taps her hoof to her mouth as she talks, "Well I did need a new pin cushion."

At the end of her sentence he points his claw to his chest as he talks, "Then i'm your dragon!" He bolts over towards the door as he waits for Twilight.

She shakes her head as she talks, "Ok Spike..." Her eyes drift back to you as Rarity walks past her, "Ok, you know what to do if Violet-..."

She stops her list before she starts as you cock your eyebrow to her, She nods her head as she smiles, "...I'll be back in a little."

Your eyes drift to Rarity as you watch her shake her head, but you nod to Twilight as you adjust the little filly in your hold, "I think we'll be ok."

Twilight nods her head as she walks back towards the door, but she stops before she follows Rarity out, "Oh and don't give Violet any more zap apples."

At the word Violet wiggles in your grasp but you nod to Twilight as she trots out of the door and closes it behind her.

You listen to the quiet house for a moment before your mind drifts back to the little filly in your hold, you slowly place her down to the ground as you look over her.

You squint your eyes to her innocent smile as you talk, "Ok Violet, no teleporting."

The little filly's horn glows a faint blue-green as she holds her smile to you. But you don't change your stern face as you cock an eyebrow to her.

Her horn loses its glow as you hold your stare, you smile to her as you talk, "How come you can't do that when mommy's around?"

She’s silent as she holds a confused look to you.

You take your head back from her as you sit yourself to the floor in front of her, you bring your hooves in front of you as you talk slowly, "What do you want to do?"

Violet blinks to your hooves as she shifts her eyes back up to your face, but she doesn't move her hooves as her horn glows a faint blue. You don't speak up as you watch her turn her head to the bookshelf behind her.

The lower part of the bookshelf has a faint blue tint to it as you stare at it, you look back to her as you stand again, "You want a story?"

She nods her head as she brings herself to her hooves and gallops over to the bookshelf.

Your slow trot has let her get in front of you as you and her stare to the bottom of the bookshelf, you know she can't read the books but you get a little smile to yourself as you speak up, "Pick a book Violet."

The light purple filly doesn't shift her head as she continues to stare at the books.

But neither one of you grab at a book as you hear a knock at the door, you look to the table to see if Rarity forgot something but it's empty.

Violet follows after you as you trot over towards the door, if its not Rainbow then you have to pretend like you know something about being a librarian so you put on a friendly smile as you open the door.

You stare to the small black maned grey unicorn stallion wearing a dark black satchel around him that matches his mane, you hold your stare for a moment as you try to remember the colt sized stallion's name, "Stony?"

"Ah good the betrunken is sober..." The colt sized stallion's deep voice has always caught you off guard but it helps your mind place the stallion as you listen to him, but he doesn't talk long as he turns himself from the door and holds his head to you, "Now come the demon spawn in my basement won't stop itself."

Demon spawn?, "Hey, what are you talking about?" You hold your hoof to him as you talk.

The stallion sighs as he turns back to you, "I don't have time to talk about this, I need you to follo-...is this the betrunken foal? " He holds his hoof to Violet as she moves herself in front of you.

Her smiling face is unfazed by his tone as she stares to the unfamiliar pony.

You squint to his tone a little annoyed as you talk, "Yes this is my daughter Violet...and what are you talking about."

The stallion rubs his hoof to his chin as he talks, "Hmm, you can ask your mare to watch the foal yes?"

"No, Twilight is out right now." You quickly change the subject as you talk, "what do you want again?"

Stony nods his head as he continues to rub at his chin, "Very well bring the Violet." He again starts up in a trot as he walks away from the door.

"What? No."

Violet shifts her head between you and the stallion as she moves back towards you.

"no?" He turns back to face you as he holds his hoof out to you, "But the betrunken owes me a favor."

You cock your head to him as you talk, "How?"

"Simple, you slept in my backyard and then I let you sleep in my guest bed...you now owe me." He nods his head, "Coming?"

You think over his words for a moment as you stare at him, he let me lay in the dirt for a few hours and he thinks I owe him? You shake your head as you talk, "What do you need help with?"

Stony lets out a sigh as he talks, "Why do they always ask questions...here..." He dips his hoof into his satchel as he pulls out a dark colored jar, but as he does this he floats it over to you and covers his nose, "Smell this..."

You don't have enough time to talk as the lid of the jar is opened and a horrible smell runs past your nose, you sneeze to the smell as you back up a little, "What is that?"

Stony hovers it away as he watches you, "Shhh, don't fight it."

You notice you eyesight starting to become blurry as you find yourself slumped over to the side of the door, you feel your magic start to tingle under your coat as you hold your eyes to the stallion, but you fall backwards unable to complete the spell as you faint.

End of chapter 2