• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 4,410 Views, 198 Comments

A Prince's Journey - Frosthowl



the direct descendant of a human warrior and the princess of the night. Prince Starfall a newly born human child who grows up hearing from everyone that his deceased father was a hero but he finds out that its only part of the story..

  • ...
29
 198
 4,410

Prologue

The doctors rushed through the halls with the Princess of the Night on a wheeling bed. She was going into labor and with her family and friends not far behind running after the hospital personnel.The princesses of the sun and Magic made their way through the doors, only they were allowed past this point, leaving the elements of harmony outside and the captain of the royal guard guarding the door.

"Princess, she’s in a lot of pain!" Twilight shouted out in shock from seeing Luna in so much pain from the baby that was about to come out.

Celestia knew from personal experience just how painful it will be... But she had a foal...not a baby. "I know, Twilight, as much as it pains me to see her like this, nopony has ever given birth to something like this...I do not know the outcome of tonight but it will be a tough one...Especially with Crimson out there..." Celestia said holding the hoof of her sister, trying to comfort her while she was in an enormous amount of pain.

Luna thrashed and writhed on her gurney, beads of sweat forming on her head. "AUGH! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!" Luna cried out in pain, feeling herself being torn in half.


"Princess, can't we do anything for her?! Isn't there a pain relief spel!?" Twilight asked, almost going into a full cardiac arrest from the pressure of the situation.

Celestia could only watch her sister with a sympathetic look, helpless to ease the tormenting pain."With the child being human, the spell won't take effect on her as long as they are connected. The doctors are going to have to do it the old fashion way, though it hasn't been done in centuries." Celestia knew that there was a high chance that her sister could pop a blood vessel if she wasn't careful. Either way, this will be the most painful night of her life. And with Crimson gone fighting the dark Archangel, it’s about to get a lot worse...


Luna was lying down on her bed with Anthony carefully stroking her belly "Why won't you stay with me! The child is coming soon and I need you by my side" Luna said saddened that Anthony wouldn't be here when she would go into labor.

"You know why... To save our son,Equestria and Earth...I have to sacrifice myself to do it,and Legion will only arise from his grave to physically possess the child.If he isn't met with an immediate opposition he will permanently corrupt our son."

"You...You won't come back this time." Luna turned her body, facing away from Anthony to hide her crying face.

Anthony lowered his hand down on the bed as she turned away from him. It was killing him not to be there for his love and his soon-to-be-born child."I won't lie to you, I won't come back from this. But I promise you, I will destroy every last fiber of his essence until he is erased from existence. I promise that our son will be safe from the corruption of Legion and that Legion will never harm anyone again...ever.This ends today!" Anthony said with his fist closed tightly in anger and looking down, trying to hide his appearing tears.

Luna turned her body, facing Anthony again with a small smile."Pinkie promise?"

Anthony opened his eyes and eased his grip on his fingers, he looked up at the smiling mare lying on the hospital bed."Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." A cupcake appeared in his hand after he flapped his hands and smashed it in his face. Luna started to laugh from Anthony’s Discord and Pinkie-like humor."Its time!" He stood up from his chest and leaned his head down to the resting mare."I love you with all my heart, Luna,never forget that." Anthony placed a loving kiss on the lips of his lover.

He stood up and made his way door."Anthony before you go," She stopped him before he could leave the room, he turned around and glanced at the lunar princess again. Luna let out a deep breath before she spoke."I wanted to tell you that the one year I spent together with you was the greater than the four thousand years i've been in this world. Thank you for always being there for me, and... thank you for showing me the bright side of the moon." She stammered a bit at the end, it was obviously very hard for her to say goodbye to the one and only stallion she ever loved.

"And this year has been the greatest time of my life," he replied with his trademark, confident smile. He took a deep breath before going through the door."Good bye, my love" And so, he opened the door and left the room with tears he was trying to wipe away on his way out.

"Sir,are you alright?"

Anthony wiped the tears of his face with his sleeve before answering."Don't ask stupid questions, Captain." Anthony answered the captains rhetorical question.

"Sorry sir, it’s just... this is it, isn't it?" The pegasus saluted trying to keep his composure and look strong in front of his mentor and friend."Its been an honor sir!"

"Likewise..Vigile!" Anthony saluted the captain back and made his way out of the hospital.


Luna slowly opened her eyes as her eyes got less and less blurry and adjusted to the bright white painted room she saw all her friends and family in the room with her."Shes awake!" Rarity exclaimed catching the attention away from the baby in her forehooves. All the ponies went over to Luna who was still reeling from giving birth.

"Auntie, how are you feeling?" Cadance trotted over quickly to Luna.

"...Anthony?" She dizzyingly asked looking around for her lover.All the ponies in the room shared worried glances with each other as they were awake for something she wasn't.Celestia levitated a small living creature that was wrapped in blankets only revealing the face,Luna's newly opened eyes started to tear up from the sight of her foal..

"Its a colt!" Pinkie screamed out In joy but was quickly shushed by all the mares in the room."Sorry.." She whispered with her hooves covering her muzzle

Luna was staring at her newborn baby. She couldn't believe it, he had a small patch of red mane, or hair as humans called it and knew only one pony in her family who had red hair.. "Mother.." She whispered into the newborns ear as she grabbed the baby with her forehooves bringing it closer to her chest letting her heartbeat sooth the sleeping baby.

All the ponies in the room teared up from the display of a mother’s love for her baby.Celestia stepped closer and leaned down, bending her knees so that she could nuzzle her sister in comfort. "Have you thought of a name?" she asked with her motherly calm voice.

Luna was a bit taken back by this."Ehm.. Anthony and I never agreed on a name..All he said was: look to the sky when the moment is nigh.." All the ponies looked at each other in surprise from her statement."What did I miss?" She asked wondering they are all looking at each other like they saw the end of the world.

"How about Starfall?" Pinky asked with a squeak while biting her tongue in a giant smile.

The baby stirred in her hooves at the sound of the name, earning a smile from Luna as she nuzzled him."Starfall?" She took a moment to think about it. She looked down on her baby again."I love it. Prince Starfall.." She said to herself before snapping back to Pinkie. "But I have to ask, how did you come up with Starfall?" She tilted her head at the Pink mare with a curious look on her face.


Anthony was in the air soaring with his wings and golden armor, his helmet void of emotions as he stared at his enemy. He was badly wounded and wouldn't last much longer.

"YOUR MISERABLE LIFE ENDS HERE! ALL YOU HAVE EVER KNOWN, ALL YOU HAVE EVER LOVED WILL PERISH!"

"YOU'RE WRONG!!" Anthony yelled out. His chest swelled up as he sucked in air, bringing the Archangel closer and closer.

"WHAT!? I CANNOT MOVE...WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?!"

"Courtesy of Queen Lauren Lightbringer, this ends today!" Anthony spat at the fleeing demon.

He used his claws to take grip of the thin air but was to no avail..slowly but surely he wasn't escaping this time. "NOOOOOO!!! I WILL NOT BE DENIED! THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF PLANNING... THIS WAS TO BE MY HOUR OF ULTIMATE TRIUMPH!!!! NOOO.- NOOOOOOOOO!! The red skinned demon roared before he was absorbed into Anthony’s chest.

"NO MORE LIVES LEGION!- NO MORE LIVES WILL BE DESTROYED BY YOUR EVIL!!" Anthony roared out as he flapped his wings in full power to reach the upper atmosphere of the planet..He flew as far as he could but the lack of oxygen and the dead freezing temperature that should have killed him alone were making it a lot more difficult...Anthony took his last breath of air as this was it.."I WILL DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT MY SON!!! YOU CLAIMED MY FAMILY ONCE,- YOU WONT CLAIM THEM AGAIN!! THIS..ENDS..NOW!!" The entirety of Anthony's body started to glow blue as he was unleashing all his magic to pretty much a effect of a thermonuclear bomb..Nothing would be left off him..Not even the ash

All citizens of Equestria opened their windows and doors to look what was going on outside, There was a large blue glowing sun in the sky that was getting brighter and brighter until it exploded in a blinding blue light that spread like a giant sonic rainboom but a lot bigger,louder and with its blinding blue light which made everypony look away from the intensity of it. And as they looked back they saw that the star...Was gone.

Author's Note:

I hope you liked it:) A sad but noble ending for Anthony. Like, favorite and comment on the story, I'm interested in your feedback.

P.S Not the best written Prologue, But it just shows how much I need an editor, so if you're interested just hit me with a PM and make sure to go for the eye:P