• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,423 Views, 13 Comments

Comes A Change - BrownieHoof



Brownie Hoof travels to Ponyville when his family kicks him out of Machine Bump on the outskirts of Canterllot for the better. When Brownie Hoof comes to Ponyville, some things change.

  • ...
8
 13
 1,423

Coming to Ponyville

Brownie Hoof was never a bad pony. He wasn't all smart, but he the energy, tough hooves, and the mind to do things right. Brownie Hoof was a dark brownie color, and his mane was milky chocolate. Brownie Hoof's cutie mark was a picture depicting half a thundercloud and half a cloud. Nopony understood what it meant. His eyes were as blue as the sky, although he couldn't fly. He also loved brownies, hot or cold. His mane was tousled because he hadn't had enough time to sleep. His future had looked bright in Canterlot, but yet here he was leaving a train for the Ponyville Train Station.

It was a muggy day, and the station was wet with spilled water from a vendor. He was counting his money and snickering. "Ten bits a pop for Auto-Spilling water," He chuckled, putting away twenty bits. The day just kept getting hotter and the sun went up for high noon. The vendor was getting more money than ever. "If I keep this up I'll get enough for that Sugarcube styled cake!," He neighed in selfishness. More water spilled on purpose and the floor was soggy wet.

Finally, Brownie Hoof figured out what the vendor was doing. He worked up the courage to pounce on him, and he worked his nerves up to the vendor. He raised his hoof up to the vendor and slapped him on the flank, when the vendor tried to dodge it. "I know what you're doing," Brownie Hood groaned, gritting his teeth from a whack to the muzzle. Brownie Hoof managed to overturn the vending table. An empty 6-pack that had held prank water bottles lay on the ground.

The first head turned and a pony's eyes widened. She fainted in horror, and the other ponies came to help her. The ponies who had bought water took back their bits and took their trains or scattered.

Brownie Hoof grinned in triumph, and then he was hit in the flank. It was too painful, and he blacked out.

The Pony Emergency Care group was taking care of Brownie Hoof incautiously. Brownie Hoof winced when they lifted his flank, or accidentally prodded him with their fancy machinery. Right then, he wished he were home with his friends and family again. Brownie Hoof wished he could go back, but to his dismay the Brownie family hated him. He sighed and paved the way for more sharp machinery.

A week later, nobody still had wanted to talk to him. His mane was still twisted and he craved a brownie of sorts. At the information desk run by a stallion, he picked up a map. When Brownie Hoof finally had it straight, the most appealing store was Sugarcube Corner.

"Hi! How may I help you?" Mrs. Cake asked, looking Brownie Hoof in the eye.

"I would like a warm brownie as quick as possible." Brownie Hoof replied, fidgeting and tapping his right hoof on the ground.

"Pinkie? I need a warm brownie! Now, please!," Mrs. Cake hollered at the doorway behind her. "That'll be ten bits." Mrs. Cake told Brownie Hoof.

"No problem." Brownie Hoof replied, busily grabbing ten bits and passing them on the counter.

Pinkie Pie trotted out of the kitchen with a fresh, dark brown brownie. When she saw Brownie Hoof, she gasped and dropped the fresh brownie. It fell onto the counter and it was fine.

Brownie Hoof put it between his front hooves and ate it all in two bites at a table outside the Sugarcube Corner. "So much for another hater," He mumbled, walking on the road until he wasn't on a road anymore. It was just paved dirt and trees for miles. Brownie Hoof had lost his map, so until he found it he would ask someone.

"Hey Big Mac! We've caught our hooves a visitor!" A bright orange, yellow maned pony yelled. She walked down to Brownie Hoof, who was looking for someone. Another red, big stallion was right behind the orange pony.

"Oh, I'm lost. Can you tell me where I am?" Brownie Hoof asked, jumping in surprise when he saw an orange pony and a red stallion next to him.

Applejack was kind of disappointed he wasn't visiting, but nonetheless she spoke, "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres! Mah name is Applejack and this is my brother, Big Mac!"

Big Macintosh just told Brownie Hoof, "Eeyup."

Brownie Hoof thanked them and he turned around and went back to Ponyville.

"Ya'll think he a nice feller?" Applejack asked Big Mac. His response was the same as always, and she just shook her head, bucked a field, and went to bed.

Brownie Hoof hadn't ever met such an energized pony. She showed it off when she was able to yell, loudly. On the way home, he stopped by a cottage full of animals to check it out. Maybe it was empty and he could get some peace.

Brownie Hoof had never been so wrong. There was a mess everywhere. He used his sense of logic and figured out he should clean some of it up. With his muzzle he picked up the lying kibble and leaves, and other debris. When he didn't notice, another pony came in.

Fluttershy came in her cottage to see a brown stallion cleaning up the mess she had made. "Oh, dear," She whispered quietly, and flew upstairs. After she processed the idea of the stallion downstairs, she went back down to confront him.

Brownie Hoof was almost done with the cleaning. He was tired, worn out, and dirty. When he looked up to see another mare pegasus with a yellow body and a pink mane, he just let it go and kept cleaning.

"Ahem," Fluttershy spoke quietly, turning the stallion's head. "Why are you in my house and cleaning my mess?" The stallion immediately stopped what he was doing, and Fluttershy wished she could take her words back.

"I came here because I thought it would be empty, and the door was left open. I went in to see a mess and cleaned it up myself." Brownie Hoof replied, politely lowering his tone.

When Fluttershy found no words, she squeaked, "Eep!" and bolted upstairs.

Brownie Hoof felt guilty, and went up the stairs cautiously. He could hear the pony hiding under her bed with something else. He went into the room and checked the bed. There was a little bunny under there too.

When she had lost her hiding place, Fluttershy pulled herself out from under her bed and sat on it. "My name is Fluttershy. I'm sorry for making you come up here, and this is my bunny Angel." Fluttershy announced, softly and barely spoken.

Brownie Hoof shook Angel's paw, and Fluttershy's hoof. "I'm sorry for scaring you, and my name is Brownie Hoof." Brownie Hoof apologized. Fluttershy nodded, and Brownie Hoof didn't feel guilty anymore. Brownie Hoof exited quietly, leaving Fluttershy alone. Then, he marched home to a cottage that he had bought for most of his bits.

Brownie Hoof flicked the light switch on, to his dismay.

"Surprise! Do you like my surprise party new pony?" Pinkie Pie rambled, none of which Brownie Hoof listened to.

He went upstairs to his fluffy new bed and rested. The noise in the middle of the night is what set him off, though.

"I'm trying to sleep here!" Brownie Hoof yelled, scattering anyone close to him. When his eye caught the brownies, he took a stack and headed up to call it a night. The noise wasn't as loud, and sleep was easy to accomplish.

Brownie Hoof was planning what to do for the day. He checked off the cottage he had seen last night, Sweet Apple Acres, and Sugarcube Corner to load himself with a brownie. Oh how he loved the rich taste of it all.

At his first stop, Brownie Hoof rang the doorbell to the cottage. "Yes? Oh, it's you again. Hi there," Fluttershy whispered, inviting Brownie Hoof inside.

The cottage was looking new and shiny, thanks to Brownie Hoof and Fluttershy.

Fluttershy poured two cups of tea and then fed her animals, one by one, in a soothing voice that Brownie Hoof loved.

Over tea, Brownie Hoof talked about the random party somepony gave him.

Fluttershy muttered that it was Pinkie Pie who did it. Brownie Hoof heard her, too.

They made small talk, until Fluttershy started talking about her friends.

Brownie Hoof tried not to lose it when she said the word. It hurt when he remembered his folk. When he knew he could trust Fluttershy, he would tell her. When that was, he wanted to do it now to get it over with. "Fluttershy, I don't have friends or family with me right now," He began to explain, intriguing Fluttershy. At the end, Fluttershy felt bad, and slowly approached her newfound friend and dragging her hooves and thinking useless things.

When Brownie Hoof saw her coming toward him very slowly, he knew she was stalling. When she looked distracted, he came over and hugged her. It was for no good reason, but it was a first, anyway.

Brownie Hoof left Fluttershy, the shyest pony in all of Equestria, to contemplate what just happened. What she figured was, "Eep!" and she hid under the covers of her bed. Well, until Angel pulled her out by the scruff of her neck. "Ow!" Fluttershy yelped, gently picking up Angel and giving her a carrot.

Brownie Hoof was feeling delighted with himself by the time he came across Sweet Apple Acres. In fact, he would have missed it not have he been interrupted in his thoughts by the dark red stallion with an orange mane who bumped into him. That was saying something, because the Acres was a really giant place. "Hello, mister?" Brownie Hoof asked, tapping his back right hoof waiting for a response. He felt frightened by the other stallion's size.

"Big Macintosh," Big Mac replied politely, offering a hoof.

Brownie Hoof gladly accepted it, reminding himself of the question he had been waiting to ask. It didn't seem like a good time, but he was bracing himself anyway. With one last gulp, the words came out, wrong. "Do you have a sister?"

Big Mac was already prepared to answer. He always knew what was coming, from some fine days in Sweet Apple Acres. "Why yes, you just met one yesterday. Her name's Applejack. The other one is Applebloom. She's probably over there," He spoke in a deep voice, pointing at the direction of a treehouse. "Applejack is over there," Big Macintosh pointed again, at an apple tree field. There were hints of apples on all the trees.

"I don't think it's Harvest Season, is it?" Brownie Hoof questioned, wondering if he was forgetting the time.

"Eenope." Big Mac replied, walking away to inspect another field.

Brownie Hoof shrugged and galloped over to Applejack. She was saying nothing and walking over to each tree of the field. Once, twice, and over again. "Hello?"

Applejack was terrified of the stallion behind her. As terrified as Fluttershy facing a dragon. Nor did she show it. She just stopped jittering, stood up tall, and put her grand front hoof on top of the other. "Yes?"

Brownie Hoof didn't get that far in the mirror at his cottage. He was going to invite her out to talk. Just to talk, but that might have been awkward. "My name is Brownie Hoof." When Applejack nodded, he labored on about himself until two minutes later he stopped. "So, do you want to come to a picnic with me?," He stuttered, leaving a trail of utters.

Applejack didn't expect that to happen. Nothing even near that. She had nothing better to do, and she had already triple inspected her fields of apple trees. She could probably get time from her brother later. Besides, it wasn't a date, right? Finally, she answered the question long in orbit. "Sure, I always want ta look after ya'll Ponyville folk, after all.

Brownie Hoof was pleased with himself and was about to trot home. Before he forgot, he yelled, "Meet me at 5 here!"

Applejack chuckled and shook her head. She went off to Big Mac to buy some time from Granny Smith and then to pack.

Brownie Hoof was walking down the Ponyville street until he heard running sounds.

"You ruffian!" A white unicorn with a beautiful purple mane and tail screamed, running away from a thundercloud which was being steered by a blue pegasus with a rainbow colored mane and tail. The white unicorn tripped over a puddle and Brownie Hoof had nothing to do but help her. When she got up and running, the blue pegasus stomped on the cloud that she thought was over the white unicorn.

Unfortunately, Brownie Hoof was under it. When it rained Brownie Hoof just ignored the wet and walked out, glaring daggers at the blue pegasus. "Oh, uh, sorry." The blue pegasus spoke, falling into a fit of laughter. The white unicorn walked back, glaring at the blue pegasus. "Oh dear, you look like quite a mess. Let me fix you up," The white unicorn muttered, grabbing her curtain to cover him up. "Here's everything you need!" She yelled, tossing a luggage over the curtain.

Brownie Hoof used all of his willpower to change in the middle of the street. Although he just combed his mane.

"By the way, my name is Rarity!" The white unicorn yelled. "Oh would you stop laughing! You just ruined another pony's day! Stop it Rainbow Dash!" Rarity yelled, making the blue pegasus stop.

"Your such a bum," Rainbow Dash groaned, flying into the sky leaving her cloud behind.

"Brownie Hoof," Brownie Hoof absently spoke, trying to clear his mind of distractions. He didn't have time for disasters. He galloped home to clean up some more for his picnic. He would have to hurry, had it been 4:30 and he not done.

When Brownie Hoof doubled his pace, he was done by 4:55. He grabbed the basket by the handle and almost got lost while galloping.

Applejack was early to her post, waiting for the Brownie Hoof stallion to come. She had bought brownies from Sugarcube Corner, to Pinkie's delight. "Ah hope he hasn't gone through any o' this trouble just fer' a picnic." Applejack spoke, digging her hoof into the ground. When she caught sight of the Brownie Hoof that had asked her for the picnic, she stopped digging the ground. "Howdy sugar, how ya'll do?"

Brownie Hoof stopped panting. He hoped that Applejack didn't notice, and replied, "Fine," and he motioned her over with his hoof. She followed, and he brought her to a deserted area with tall wheat and grain plants.

"It's so quiet..." She spoke quietly, not wanting to interrupt the silence.

Brownie Hoof felt happy knowing she liked the spot. He'd gone here many times by himself. Brownie Hoof almost lost his train of thought until he remembered Fluttershy's friends.

Applejack could almost see through his head. "I'm friends with Fluttershy, if ya'll wanted ta know."

"How are you reading my mind like your brother?" Brownie Hoof questioned, nearly losing it.

Applejack chuckled and explained, "We're siblings."

Brownie Hoof laughed, and munched on one of his sandwiches.

"I packed brownies, Brownie." Applejack whispered, nudging the brownies toward Brownie Hoof.

"Thanks," Brownie Hoof replied as quiet as Applejack, and his eyes widened. When he looked from the brownies to Applejack and back, she nodded. He nearly devoured them.

"Heh. So much fer ya bein' named Brownie," Applejack chuckled, taking Brownie Hoof's open hoof. "Thanks," She muttered, and she decided she needed some of these breaks just a bit more.

When the evening came, Brownie Hoof and Applejack agreed it was time to go. They split up so it didn't look awkward, but not before they both gave and recieved a friendly hug. "Just like with Fluttershy," Brownie Hoof whispered to himself.

When he looked back at Applejack, she was gone in the wheat.

Suddenly, Brownie Hoof found himself in the middle of the forest. He recalled, the Everfree. Just when it seemed hopeless, Brownie Hoof found a light and headed for it. It seemed like forever, and then he was mobbed. By something he didn't even know was there.

Author's Note:

I am not quite sure this will work out currently.