• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 756 Views, 22 Comments

"Being the new kid ain't so bad here" - SolidFerret



Two brothers just moved in and their new school can be the least of their worries.

  • ...
14
 22
 756

The Betrayal.

"Well, you two can take your seats," Ms. Greene pointed to two, ironically empty desk right next to each other. "There's two spots right there."

The two shrugged and walked over and sat down. Slumping in their seats, they listened (slightly) to what the teacher was telling them.

"Well, you two. Again, I'm Ms. Greene. Welcome. I teach history. We learn about the recent to way pack of pony times."

"Whats pony times?" Hard Chord asked.

"You don't know?"

"No ma'am, i'm from the 21st century." Hard chord replied, earning a few chuckles.

"Unbelievable, where are you two from originally?" Ms Greene asked, shocked that they didn't know.

"Big city by mountain top." Notes said, not showing any care to the subject.

"Canterlot." Hard chord corrected.

"And you still don't know the subject?" she asked, surprised.

"Nope. But do tell." Hard chord asked as he feigned interest.

"Well, many archaeologists have found remain in our DNA that have shared common traits to that of a pony. They also recently have found artifacts that show that once, horses were the dominant species." (A/N: Basically, same world as MLP, but now no more ponies. Human yes. Pony no.)

Notes was confused on the subject, yet touched all his fingers together, leaned back and said,

"Go on," In a fancy way. His ears manage to catch the sound of a girl trying her hardest not to laugh.

"Well, we're studying that in this class." That was all she had left to say.

The two stood there, heavily confused on the subject.

"Well it's not like we'll be paying attention so... alrighty then." Hard Chord said with a small, slow clap.


"I don't think she likes us." Notes said as they walked out of the class.

"Maybe if you weren't mouthing off the entire time, she wouldn't have been glaring at us." Hard Chord said, causing his younger brother to snicker.

"You were doing it too." He pointed out. "In fact, I got that from you." He said, proving his point even more.

"Just be glad they put us together for a few classes. Mixed classes can and will be bitch to deal with sometimes. Speaking of which, what is your next class?" Hard Chord asked.

"Math." Notes said. His older brother responded with "Language Arts."

"Aw, tough shit little brother. Looks like I won't be there to save you when you get your ass whooped." Hard chord commented with a sly grin.

Notes glanced back at the room they were just in before turning back and saying, "Yeah, did ya see how bad we got our asses kicked in homeroom." He said with sarcasm. "God damn, it was like that one part from Aliens. We barely got out of there." He exaggerated, getting a chuckle from his older brother.

"Whatever. I gotta go find where," He stopped to look at his schedule. "room A3 is."

Notes give his brother a fake, sad look as a joke. "This is where we depart. I will miss you." He said in a fake-sad tone of voice.

"Later, bitch." Hard Chord said as he shoved Notes away and walked off.


Note's point of view

What an ass. Eh, screw him, I got this. So lets see, where is room, hold on, give me a moment, B4?

Well, as much as I hate the whole asking new people for help, I have to, no choice. So lets see, ah, over there.

I walked over to see a girl, all alone. She had pink hair that flowed, one side past her shoulder, the other behind her shoulder. She had on a sleeveless yellow sweater with pink and purple sleeves that went past her elbows. Pretty thing, but I wouldn't date her. She turned and saw me and let a small gasp. Is it my good looks. Not a question, an answer.

"Uh...hi." I said as I waved a little. "I uh... need to know where room B4 is?" I asked rather quickly.

"Oh, uh... I have to go there now. You can just follow me" She said.

"Okay then." I said as I nodded my head. We walked off towards the class.

Man, I am good when it comes to girls.


Hard Chord's P.O.V.

Wow, Notes sucks at talking to girls. Odds are, she thinks he's a loser by now. Though she seemed as shy, if not more, than him.

Whatever, I gotta find room A3. Shouldn't be two hard, just ask for help. Something my brother managed to screw up, slightly.

I looked over to see a guy. Muscular, blue hair, so my main goal will be to not piss him off. I walked over, he saw me and gave me one of those quick, upward, nods.

"Sup." He said.

"Hi, do you know where room A3 is?"

He looked over to see. "Down the hall and to the right."

"Thanks" I quickly walked off.

"Ey," He called back. "what's your name?"

"Hard Chord." I answered as I walked back over.

"Nice, name's Soarin." He said as he held out his fist.

Ah, the fist bump. As my fist connected with his, a secret bond of bro-manship had been established. In reality, we just fist bumped and I walked off.

We're still bros.


A girl bounced around the halls, searching up and down for something. Her wardrobe consisted of a pair of pink shorts, a pink shirt and pink shoes, and blue and yellow sleeves that went up to her elbows.

"Pinkie, what are doing?" A girl with purple hair asked. Pinkie turned around from searching inside a locker.

"Rarity, have you seen the two new students?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"No darling." She said with a shake of her head.

"Drats. I need to find them." She said as she slammed the locker, leaving an angry student who went to opening their locker.

"Can I ask why?" Rarity said.

"Oh Rarity, you know why." Pinkie said as she bounced around. Leaving a very confused Rarity. Twilight walked over.

"I think I saw them this morning. One bumped into me." She said. "I was to embarrassed to look at his face though."

"Hm... shame. Well, i'm off to class. I'll see you around, Twilight." Rarity said as she walked away.

"Twilight, what class do you have next?" Pinkie asked.

"Language Arts." Twilight answered.

"Okie dokie loki. Keep and eye for the new kids." Pinkie said as she skipped away.

Twilight only rolled her eyes and walked to class.