• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 756 Views, 22 Comments

"Being the new kid ain't so bad here" - SolidFerret



Two brothers just moved in and their new school can be the least of their worries.

  • ...
14
 22
 756

Born to Lose

Hard Chord's Point of View.

So here I am, uh... it's gonna start raining any minute now. Didn't get a jacket. All alone, you know. Just me. Chilling on a bench in the middle of town.

Oh, you probably want to know why I'm out here huh. Actually kind of a funny story.

Not really funny. More like sad.

Well after I got home, dad came upstairs and felt the need to bitch at me again for something I did a few hours ago and already was bitched at for. Notes did his usual key of putting his earbuds in to drown us out. Eventually dad said something along the lines of saying I'm just 'some depressed emo kid' and well, now I know it's not true and that never works, I'm pissed that it came from my dad.

So much for being supportive of your son, asshole.

I climbed out the window and ran off as I heard Notes yelling at dad for saying that. Stick it to him brother.

Stick it to him.

Well shit though, it's getting dark, it is bound to rain and I have no where to go.

I usually stayed at a friends house when I run/get kicked out but I've been here for only a few weeks. Don't wanna be that kind of asshole who pops up like 'hey, now that we're friends I need a favor'.

Plus how am I gonna explain to their parents whom I haven't met at all.

I don't know, that tree looks like it has good cover from rain. To bad it's fall and the leaves are gonna be gone by the morning.

So let me name off names here. Soarin is a no go cause from what I hear, he's not home this weekend. I don't know Blaze well enough for this kind of stuff so shit. Caramel so forgetful he'll forget I'm there next morning. Who else was there?

And no, I'm not gonna say a girl cause lets be honest, it isn't gonna happen. The girls I know aren't into me like that. (Who the fuck said they had to just to let you stay the night?)

Maybe I could sneak into Applejack's barn, set my alarm and be out before she wakes up. Seems like a good pla-

"Hard Chord?"

Shit, I know that voice.

But I gotta ask myself, why am I scared by it?

I turned my head to see Twilight in a coat and carrying an umbrella. And in that moment, it started to rain.

"Hello." I waved awkwardly. Great, I think I'm turning into Notes.

"What are you doing out here this late? It's starting to rain." She said as she pulled out her umbrella.

"Dad pissed me off so I ran out for the night. First time it happened since moving here." I said.

"This has happened before?" She sounded shocked. I thought I had the vibe of arguing with parents.

"Yeah, back in Canterlot. I usually stayed with friends." I said.

"Well do you have a place to stay?"

I see. No no, I see. I know.

"Nope." I said. The rain was starting to pour at this point.

"Well... I guess... if you want to..."

"Out with it. I know what you're gonna ask." I said. Wasn't gonna say it in my head for once.

"Well, it's an offer." She said, her face turning red.

"I don't see any other option so I'll take it." I said as I stood up. She put me under her umbrella as we walked off.

"This doesn't me we're... you know, together." I said.

Lets just say that she wasn't happy with that comment.

Not happy because it was true.

Well we got there and were greeted with the sound of...

puking?

"Oh no." Twilight said as she ran upstairs dropping everything she had.

Turns out Spike was throwing up because he had acid reflex disease.

So I had to pretend that I showed up moments later to not embarrass the little guy. Turns out I'm a good person sometimes.

Twilight led me to the guest room. She told me something about studies and walked off. Spike went to bed in his room so that just left me.

Well it was late as it was. Not much to do except a ton of books. So I went to bed early and by early, I mean like 9 or something. I'm usually up till like One or something. Thanks for killing my Saturday night Twilight, you suck.


I woke up with a bit of a gasp. It was still dark out and the rain was calmer that when I fell asleep.

One thing was to get something to drink. Hopefully Twilight won't mind me stealing her water.

Or the fact that I only have my underwear to sleep in. Didn't exactly pack a bag when I left.

Well I hate looking for stuff in other people houses. I used my phone for light. Ignored texts from my mother that were from three hours ago wondering when I'd be home. she acts like I'll be back within an hour.

So back to the looking, had to check cabinets for a glass. Bowls, plates, there's only to cabinets, which one could-

Oh, they're on a shelf. Good eye Hard Chord.

God bless tab water at midnight when you just woke up. This invention will still be forgotten in a few years so I couldn't actually care less despite what I just said.

Drank a few glasses. Decided that bed sounded good. But as I got up, I heard someone mumble in their sleep. Who the hell was down here?

I shined the light of my phone on the couch and saw none other than Twilight asleep. A book laid on the ground. I picked that up and set it on a table.

As for Twilight, the couch was more for sitting. It looked like a pull-out but Twilight fell asleep before she could do such action. She was likely to fall and hit the ground and then I would laugh like the evil bastard I am.

But then again, she let me stay here for the night. So I guess I might as well do a good deed for her like the nice bastard I am.

She seems thin, I think I got this.

I picked her up in my arms, resting her head on my shoulder, I carried her upstairs and hoped I would find her room.

Finding a door, I put my ear to it and heard the sound of snoring. So Spike had that room. Up the hall was another door, I opened it and saw that it was the bathroom.

Third time was the charm when I found her room. Lit by nothing but street lights from outside.

Well I set her in bed, tucked her in, kissed her forehead and went back to bed.

Yes, you read that right.