• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 2,725 Views, 67 Comments

Harbinger : Herald of Salvation or Destruction - Leoheartxx2



An ancient force lives agains after his long slumber...but does he comes to destroy or save?

  • ...
12
 67
 2,725

Chapter 2- Not worth a pity

“OH my....how sad." Twilight express her feeling. “It must have been hard for you."

“I’m not worth pitying my dear mare. I was too selfish in my own choices. Too blind to see. Too stubborn to realize. And when it's all too late, I have no other pony to blame, but myself. “Harbinger let out sigh.” If only I knew it was all a lie."



********************************************************************************************************************************


After running away from home, I went to a disclose location to find Discord. A lair hidden well in a valley surrounded by thick trees and bushes. As I walked in, sits on a throne of stone and bone, Discord awaits.


“I am here Discord, I hope you kept your end of the bargain. " I stare angrily at Discord.

“Don’t worry my dear....as promised, the cure is yours and for your mother." Discord conjured up a small sphere out of thin air. In it an image appears. It shows my mother asleep on her bed. A bottle appears out in a flash, with a note attached to the neck that says cure.

“Well what are you waiting for? What do need me to do? "

“You sound like you’re angry Crest....ohh yes; I nearly forgot....You are to address me as ' Master ' from today onwards...understood?” In a flick on his finger the sphere he conjured up earlier disappeared. Calling him master simply pisses me off. Like I had not already disgraced myself enough.

“Ahem...."

“Yes....M-master...what do you need me do?” It's infuriating! I bite down my lips, trying hard not to let my anger explode. A flick of his finger, he disappeared then reappeared next to me. He laid his scaly arms around my back. Grabbing me by my neck he pulls me closer to him.

“Why so serious Crest? Hahaha...time to loosen up a bit my dear...you will soon see that Chaos will be more fun~." Discord laughs menacingly. “Come, it's time for your ascension..." Again he flicked his finger. In a flash, a small bottle appears from thin air. A mysterious red liquid glows inside.

“My ascension?”

“Yes....of course you don't expect to use you with that frail body of yours? Hahahaha!!! Drink this, and you will understand your ' Destiny‘,” Discord lets out a creepy smile.

Without question, I drank down every last drop of that mysterious liquid immediately; I felt a sudden surge of energy coursing through my body. The pain, unbearable, but at the same time the feeling of ecstasy, my emotions were totally screwed. I drop on the cold stone floor, my body in pain, but I was laughing my heart out. As if my sanity was slowly been twist in a manner so insane no word can explain it. I felt my body was slowly ' transforming ' to the effects of the liquid I drank. Soon it reach to a point where the pain was simply too much. I scream aloud, my body feels like the bones were ground into dust. I passed out soon after.

Discord had given me one of his many powers, and with it, I was given a new name, Harbinger. From that moment onwards, I was a force to be reckoned with. I now have the strength of a mighty manticore, my mane and tail tainted with the power of Chaos, with it I leave a trail of destruction in my wake. The power. Everytime I unleash it, I felt good. The feeling of ecstasy was overwhelming. Soon enough my judgment was overshadowed by my own insanity. Discord was right. Chaos never felt so.....FUN! Day by day my sanity slipped away from my heart. My soul now walks the path of darkness, the road to light, now forever lost in the pitch black corner of my mind.


****************************************************************************************************************************************


“Little did I know, I soon became the bane of all living things. The towns I've burned, the hundreds of souls I've taken, all the darkness that I've brought....it all weighs heavily on my soul. “Harbinger continues to spill out his life's story. ”Every dirty biding, small or big, was done by my own two hooves."

All Twilight could do but to listen to his tale from her bed. She feels pity for him, but the same time, anger and horror. Discord, God of Chaos, The whisperer of Lies, all his evil deed, done by corrupting innocent soul to his will to do his dirty work.

“Even if Discord was the one pulling all the strings, you should have known better to strike a deal with Him. It pains me so say this Harbinger, but you are right.....you are not worth the pity." Princess Celestia scorn at Harbinger. “But, still....."


“What would you have done to save the one you love? How far would you go to make it count?” Harbinger interrupted Princess Celestia. His eyes stared out the open window. A piece of leaf slowly drifts in, blown gently by the wind.

Silences fill the room once more. Princess Celestia might have been too harsh on him. One way or another, he is responsible for one of history's greatest massacre. One in particular, was an ancient ruin that was once a town name ‘New Hope’. Death counts ranked in the hundreds, the town was not spared from Discord, and as usual, Harbinger raze it all to the ground, hence the popular quote....


“Only through your destruction, shall he deliver your salvation...."

New Hope was supposed to be a place of refuge for those already fell victim to war and conflict, also the supposing “lucky" ones that manage to escape from Discord's clutches. Apparently Discord found out about the town, and as usual, he spread disharmony and corruption amongst the resident, than when the town was finally at its boiling point, he sent his favorite servant to “clean it up ". Harbinger came to the town during the darkness of night, and once day breaks over the horizon, New Hope is already in ruins. Ashes from burned homes drift in the wind far and wide. The stench of Death, thick and sickly. Countless of souls, snuff out in an instance. The destruction of New Hope soon reaches Canterlot and Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna.