• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 480 Views, 6 Comments

Red Velvet and the Red Dawn - Blackdrag-rose



Ponies have been disappearing from and Princess Celestia is determined to find out whose responsible for it.

  • ...
 6
 480

UnFORTUNATE End

Red approached the table where he retrained his victims and threw the unconscious Blueblood onto it, smiling to himself in complete pleasure. He locked the stallion's hooves up tight, making sure that they were almost unmovable for when his 'guest' woke up. As he started to move away he noticed that Blueblood had carried a saddlebag with him to his party, so Red smiled and ripped it off as he remembered one other thing. He plucked a metal band off the shelf and slipped it onto Blueblood's horn, blocking the magic so he couldn't escape later on.

Seeing how he had an hour or two before the stallion woke up Red walked over to his table, tore open the saddlebag and dumped the contents out onto the waiting woodwork. He noticed some expected items, such as a handkerchief, a tin filled mints or drugs to knock out unsuspecting mares, and the key to his house. What he hadn't expected to find was a letter directed to Blueblood, a leather bound book, and a real shocker, a jewel encrusted scabbard with a sword. Red drew the blade and was equally surprised to find that runes rested on the blade and even more surprised to find that the blade's edge was still sharp.

He had two questions; what was the foolish noble stallion doing with such a weapon in his possession? And where had he even acquired the weapon?

Red sheathed the sword and looked back at the wall that Blueblood would first see when he woke up, wondering if he had a place for such a weapon. The old castle of the Alicorn Sisters was abandoned by everypony, not even Twilight and her friends came around here anymore. The mystic known as Zecora stopped coming around when she had discovered that it was haunted by some unnatural spirits, but those were tricks on Red's part. He had a dozen places to hide the sword, so even if a pony wandered into the ruins he had no fear of them finding the weapon or his torture chamber.

Setting the sword aside Red picked up the letter addressed to Blueblood and opened it, his eyes skimming the first line before stopping.

Dear Blueblood,

I am aware of your tendency to throw away letters from anypony you don't wish to hear from, but let me make this frankly clear with you; this letter will remain attached to you until you have read the entire letter. It will also remain on your body until the meeting is finished. Your probably asking yourself this question; what meeting is this pony referring to? Well, since I am already laughing at you I will tell you what you likely have forgotten.

The Nexus Council will be meeting with Princess Celestia on Monday morning, just before the official time for the Day Court to start. We will be discussing the fact that ponies are mysteriously disappearing from across Equestria and the possibility that we might be dealing with an uprising. It is possible that another of the alicorn princesses, which one shall remain nameless in my letter, is plotting to take the throne from your Aunt Celestia. Or it could be a rebel unicorn who has acquired a mysterious magic that can stand up to her.

My point is that you shall come to the meeting on Monday and the letter shall force you to do so until the meeting is finished. The only possible way for you not to attend the meeting is to be dead, but I'm sure that death is the dumbest plan you could ever think of. Attend the meeting for we will come looking for you.

Sincerely,

Director Fury of the Nexus

The Nexus? The name didn't ring any bells in Red's head. And the pony, the one named Fury, was also unfamiliar to him as well. Somepony was commanding Blueblood to come to a meeting, but he would be disappointed to find that the 'Prince' would not be able to make it. Red was going to enjoy destroying the stallion when he woke up.

Red tossed the letter into his empty fireplace and placed some wood on it, wondering if there was an enchantment to prevent it from burning up. He chuckled and threw a spark onto the small pile, watching the wood slowly catching fire as he returned to the book he had found. By the looks of it the book was in fairly new condition, as if it had just been published and bought by Blueblood immediately. The name, however, gave Red the idea that Blueblood was beginning to train for a possible war, the same the mysterious Fury had mentioned.

The book was all about the weapons of the old world leaders, such as the spear Celestia used to use, Luna's sword, and the halberd of Discord. Weapons that were thought to be lost. There were countless others in the world, but the book also covered items of power that were thought to be destroyed, such as the Alicorn Amulet. Red chuckled as he read a couple of the entries, he knew that several of the items still existed and had heard several of the stories from Celestia.

Time slowly passed for Red, but every so often he would check on the letter and found that there was an enchantment to prevent the letter from burning. However, the level of the enchantment was very weak, and a corner of the letter had begun burning just half an hour after being in the fire. By the time two hours had passed nearly the entire letter had been destroyed, the last fragments crumpling as he turned towards Blueblood.

"Ugh... where am I?" the stallion asked, slowly opening his eyes to the area around him.

"Nowhere in particular," Red answered, showing his back to the stallion as he began to select his instruments that he would use, "Even I were to tell you where we were you would never figure out how to get home if I let you escape."

"I know you," Blueblood growled, "Red Velvet. Your the traitor that Fury warned me about. I should grab my sword and run you through."

"Go ahead, I ain't stopping you." Red knew that the prince's fate was already sealed, he just wanted to mess with the stallion before he killed him.

Blueblood activated his horn and reached for his saddlebag when he realized two things; his horn was not working and his saddlebag was missing. Somehow Red had discovered the method for restricting a unicorn's magic and had done it to him. And the stallion had snatched his bag, which meant that it was laying somewhere and Red had likely gone through every item he had...his sword. Blueblood had carried a weapon and now he had passed it into the traitors hooves, giving him another weapon to use against Celestia.

"I take it your planning a rebellion against the Princesses?" Blueblood asked, hanging his head low as he spoke, "To start a war that will likely destroy the whole of Equestria?"

"Nope," Red said, likely surprising the stallion as he grabbed a hammer, "I'm just doing my job. And what is my job you might ask? I get to take care of the annoying ponies whose names appear in my mailbox. Your name, my prince, has appeared at long last."

"So what, your going to kill me?" Blueblood swallowed, fear creeping into his heart.

"That's the end game plan," Red admitted, turning on the restricted stallion while he swung his hammer around, "but first I have some questions that need to be answered. If you don't answer them I will begin torturing you until you sing, and I promise you that I have some things that you are deserving of right now. My first question is simple; where did you acquire such a weapon?"

"The weapon was in an antiques store," Blueblood spat, "I bought it because I recognized the magic it held. It's not as powerful or well known as Celestia's spear or Luna's sword, but it is somewhere in that book of mine."

"The Nexus," Red asked, spinning the hammer for a second, "Who are they and who is their leader?"

"I don't know who or what your talking about."

Red swung the hammer and smashed Blueblood's back left leg, breaking the bone and causing him to scream in agony. The pain of breaking something always gave ponies what they wanted from their victims, so Red was expecting the stallion to come clean.

"They are a secret group who operate in the shadows," Blueblood spat, both words and blood this time, "They serve Aunt Celestia and act as her intelligence group, informing her of any dangers before her guards or her student catch wind of them. Their director is a stallion known only by the name of Fury. I have never met him and even if I did I doubt I remember what he would look like."

"Do you know what a Runestone is?" Red asked, simply for his own curiosity.

"A Runestone?" Blueblood chuckled, the word was familiar, but he would not let the stallion know he knew of the mythical stones, "Never heard of such a thing."

"Then why did you speak it's name as if you did know of it?"

Blueblood was trapped; the stallion knew that he knew about the stones. And for lying he received another blow to his leg, only this time Red broke the bone in his back right leg.

"I know of the mythical stones," he spat, coughing as he stared at Red, "Why do you ask me about such things?"

"Look up above me," Red said, turning to look at the back wall, "I'm quite sure you'll recognize what's there."

Blueblood was surprised; resting in the center of the wall was a circular stone with a light blue rune blazing in it's own center. It was one of the eight left in existence. Where had Red acquired such a stone?

"I came across this stone when I first explored these ruins," Red explained, switching the hammer for the sword he had found, "I have found that it allows the blood of my victims to gather in one spot, so I don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess myself. Directly below us is a lake, a lake now tainted by the Runestone and the blood of my victims."

"The Blood Rune," Blueblood spoke the word with dread, it was the worst stone of the eight, "What are you doing with that sword?"

"Oh this?" Red said, pressing the tip against Blueblood's chest, "I'm going to use the weapon you brought with you against you. I had time to read a couple of pages in the book and I recognized this one immediately; its known for the bloodstones in it's hilt. The Blood Sword, Blunmur it is called."

Before Blueblood could respond Red drove the blade straight through his heart, cutting off whatever response he was going to give him. He cut open Blueblood's chest as he pulled the sword out and let the blood drain out, watching it gather in the drainage area of the room he had carved out. Before he moved he also watched the blood drip off the blade and join the rest, leaving the weapon cleaner than before. Red sheathed the sword and smiled, he was glad to be rid of one more annoying pony.